Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year (38470 Views)

NYSC Couple With Their Little Son In NYSC Outfit (Photo) / Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Ndmichaels(m): 10:45am On Nov 19, 2015
What is this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by viktor01(m): 10:49am On Nov 19, 2015
lasisi69:
End time relationship

Prophet lasissi, wetin end time do you?
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by lasisi69(f): 10:49am On Nov 19, 2015
viktor01:
[b][/b]

Prophet lasissi, wetin end time do you?
cause its an End time relationship definitely

1 Like

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by BabaIjebuXL(m): 10:52am On Nov 19, 2015
sanbells:
I think the guys are more guilty of this. Once they're posted, they start looking for one escape babe for the service year just to satisfy them throughout their stay. The babe in the other hand being foolish and desperate would give their body hoping to be taken to the alter after service only to get heart breaks at the end. Babes be thinking with their anus sumtymz lipsrsealed

Getaway you! U wan spoil market for guys ba? Badbelle grin

2 Likes

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 19, 2015
lasisi69:
cause its an End time relationship definitely

Funny grin grin grin
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by hapiness44(f): 10:54am On Nov 19, 2015
Very tricky situation. I met my best friend during NYSC, my relationship ended when my then boyfriend started dating a girl he met during NYSC. my sis is getting married to the guy she met during NYSC. It really depends on the type of person you meet tho. But the regular guys and some girls just want to have fun.
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by viktor01(m): 10:55am On Nov 19, 2015
marlockj:
End time rubbish thread.

Is it a mst dat a relationship get crious during nysc.

Who does not know that nysc is for fun not for marriage activities.

If you see a girl dat like you,u should run abi.fooooolish opinion.

Mst you marry the girl?.cant you hv 3girls and still Kip ur main girl.

Op you Dnt hv anything to say.

U Jst finish nysc, ppl finished theirs 8 to 10yrs ago.they had many girls in camp and now married to another girl.so wats wrong with it.

Do you think girls Dnt knw wen to hv fun outside boyfrnd?

Do you think all girls in camp what marriage from any corp member?

girls does not like fun abi.

Distance stop nothing,if you are crious of marriage.

Background stop nothing,Afterall all the girls hv friends various Background.

Incase you Dnt knw,wen I served I had targeted number of girls I will sleep with before I passed out.that was my own business not others.

Nysc is for fun take it or leav it.

Rubbish post

Lasisi come see end time comment o

1 Like

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by ogaprime(m): 10:56am On Nov 19, 2015
This is my first time of having my post on first page (even though I wasn't expecting it), didn't know I can't modify....

First of all, its my opinion. I have read some of the replies here and I can't reply all...

Its not that I don't know that some couples met during service year and they are still married up to this moment...

Its not that I don't know that NYSC encourages it, even with financial support.

In my write up, I said if you are in a relationship before camp, stay true to your relationship and if you are single, stay single and be on the look out for responsible people who can be a good life partner.

Congrats to those that met each other during service year. If its not meant for to meet your partner during service why make things worst for yourself. Why not enjoy service year and start preparing for post-NYSC??

The truth is if you check the number of couples who met during service year and got married, that was 10-15years ago when immorality was low during service year. 5years ago up to this year, people who meet during service year are minimal compared to "service year" relationship.

To those saying "is it my personal experience". Its yes and no. Yes in the sense that I know at least two "service year" relationship that crashed after service and No, I stayed true to my home based partner all through service year even up to this moment.

Its easier to preach it because I have practised it...

Thank you...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by trustedward(m): 11:11am On Nov 19, 2015
ogaprime:

You are right...at some point, I said the single ones should be on the look out for responsible people who might become a life partner. I have a friend that also met her husband (just got married) during service year at the same local government and I also have two friends that dated each other throughout the service year but they are no more together few months after POP after they expended all resources.

The truth is the situation with your uncle's type of gain is less than my friends kind of loss
sօ աat ʀɛ ʊ saʏɨռɢ ɮċօs ʏօʊ'ʀɛ ċօռʄʊsɨռɢ me undecided
ogaprime:

You are right...at some point, I said the single ones should be on the look out for responsible people who might become a life partner. I have a friend that also met her husband (just got married) during service year at the same local government and I also have two friends that dated each other throughout the service year but they are no more together few months after POP after they expended all resources.

The truth is the situation with your uncle's type of gain is less than my friends kind of loss
sօ աat ʀɛ ʊ saʏɨռɢ ɮċօs ʏօʊ'ʀɛ ċօռʄʊsɨռɢ me
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by sammieee(m): 11:14am On Nov 19, 2015
marlockj:
End time rubbish thread.

U Jst finish nysc, ppl finished theirs 8 to 10yrs ago.they had many girls in camp and now married to another girl.so wats wrong with it.

Incase you Dnt knw,wen I served I had targeted number of girls I will sleep with before I passed out.that was my own business not others.

Rubbish post
lol, no mind them bro. I wonder why guys no dey see life partner after 4-5 years in institution and na 1 year NYSC go take them to alter. Everything na scam both d female and d male. And any guy wey be nice guy, wey dey pity girls too much will always be a victim! The power of lady is in there pity. #LOBATAN

2 Likes

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by ogaprime(m): 11:15am On Nov 19, 2015
trustedward:
sօ աat ʀɛ ʊ saʏɨռɢ ɮċօs ʏօʊ'ʀɛ ċօռʄʊsɨռɢ me undecidedsօ աat ʀɛ ʊ saʏɨռɢ ɮċօs ʏօʊ'ʀɛ ċօռʄʊsɨռɢ me

Where and what is confusing you sir??
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by marlockj: 11:23am On Nov 19, 2015
ogaprime:

Foolishness is in excess, wisdom is scarce. I pray wise women will avoid and run away from destiny destroyers like you so that you will be left with shafts and foolish ones to deal with.

Oga, go and make the world a better place for your children unborn.

Thank you...

Funny enuf!! Ppl like Dnt hv opportunity to dwn girls,that's the prblm.

The ratio of girls to boys is 5:1.So slack n it increase to 6:1...that's if u cn decode what I mean.

Only guys in d field, will decode this.

When you speak the truth,you will likes over your comment.

That's Jst d truth and is always bitter.

Take it or leave it,go bck n watch my post as likes flow in
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by livero123(m): 11:24am On Nov 19, 2015
Nysc relationship will not lead to alter, school relationship will not lead to alter. then tell us the one that will lead to alter.

3 Likes

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Jideh9ty(m): 11:25am On Nov 19, 2015
kiss
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by SweetyZinta(f): 11:36am On Nov 19, 2015
thanks Op, I've lost 2 boyfriends to Nysc babes.
Funny enough after Nysc they all come begging but am far gone already. 'i don't know what came over me, pls take me back is all i keep hearing' Lol

1 Like

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by PastorAji(m): 11:36am On Nov 19, 2015
I met a lady during my service year in Jos. We'd planned to hit off but we crashlanded on takeoff. Ma regret is that she got married to our "unofficial CLO". I thank God that I learnt vital lessons from her sha.
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by mathow55(m): 11:39am On Nov 19, 2015
marlockj:
End time rubbish thread.

Rubbish post

bros are you OK?
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by lawyer2011: 11:42am On Nov 19, 2015
ogaprime:
In My Own Opinion Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In Camp And During Service Year

I served my fatherland from 2104-2015, so I have little or no experience about service year, so this goes out to those yet to serve.
I had in mind to write on this topic before batch B 2015 prospective corp members were called for service year but something happened of recent that “jingered” me to put up this write up. Relationship here I mean, a love relationship between a male and a female and as small as relationship is, it cannot be removed from service year.

In my own opinion, I think all prospective corp members should steer clear off relationship because from what I gathered, most of such relationships end on the day of Passing Out Parade (POP). Why is this so? its because NYSC is the gathering of people from different parts of the country. Majority go back to their “before NYSC” base thereby putting an end to such relationships. I am for friendship and not for relationship.

In my own opinion, if you are in a very serious relationship before going to camp or for service year, I will advise you to stay glue to your relationship, no cheating, no hanky panky. tests of every kind will hit your relationship and it will be for your own good if you constantly assure your partner with a clean and open hands and with unchanging behaviors and attitudes that you are still in a relationship with your partner.

In my own opinion, if you are single before going to camp or for service year, I will advise you to remain single throughout service year but be on the look out for responsible, matured, future focused individuals or person who you think can be a good life partner. If you are unable to see these kind of persons, its of advantage that you will still remain “clean” as possible for your future partner.

These are the following reasons why you should stick to your partner at home or remain single:

++ different backgrounds: prospective corp members come from different backgrounds, religions, tribes ,cultures etc. starting a relationship during service year might lead to nowhere due to difference in backgrounds.

++ different place of primary assignment: this is for those thinking of coming to camp to hook up with new babes or guys. “what camp has joined together, let PPA put asunder ”

++ different pre-nysc location: people come from different parts of Nigeria for service year. I know of some that met during service year and it was “we love each other so much”. Few weeks after POP, “we love each other so much” turned to “to your tent O Israel”

++ no heart breaks or emotional trauma: some people don’t know how to play football but they had the mind set to be like C.Rolando and Ronaldinho during service year breaking hearts, twisting hearts, deceiving hearts. Steer clear and you won’t experience this.

++ savings: using my personal experience, I was( and still is) in a relationship before my service year and I stayed true throughout my service year. If I had gotten into “service year” relationship, I wouldn’t have saved some reasonable amount out of my allawee.

++ respect for being self disciplined: most “service year” couples make use of each other to the core. This is for the ladies because most of them do give out their time, money, energy and body to the “service year” relationship thinking it will lead to the altar. if you discipline and control your self during service year (i.e. no sexual activities), your current or future partner will respect you for being truthful and trustworthy even without much surveillance. Even you yourself will respect and place more value on yourself.

++ lose lose situation: you are in a serious relationship before service year but you decided to get involved in a “service year” relationship. Later on you changed towards your "home based" partner because of your service year partner so as just to “eat your cake and still have it”. After POP, your service year partner goes back to his/her base forgetting about you. Its at that point you remember you have an home based partner. I am sure the home based partner won't continue the relationship with you again. At the end, it’s a lose lose situation.

I hope my 2kobo can make you buy time to think very well on having relationship or not during service year. At least, in my own opinion, steering clear of relationship during service is for your own good.

++in your own opinion, feel free to add yours...

My brother met his wife in camp so your opinion is not entirely true

1 Like

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by seunayeni(m): 11:44am On Nov 19, 2015
cuteendowed:
wow! wish i read dis piece b4 going for service, i actually put my hand inside fire and got burnt. Am getting over it now sha
Pele, made u a better person, worry not!
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by ogaprime(m): 11:53am On Nov 19, 2015
lawyer2011:

My brother met his wife in camp so your opinion is not entirely true

Congrats to him...my write up is for those don't know their left from right. If your brother's wife wasn't serious, will he marry her??
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Samsonklin(m): 11:57am On Nov 19, 2015
sanbells:
I think the guys are more guilty of this. Once they're posted, they start looking for one escape babe for the service year just to satisfy them throughout their stay. The babe in the other hand being foolish and desperate would give their body hoping to be taken to the alter after service only to get heart breaks at the end. Babes be thinking with their anus sumtymz lipsrsealed
What's d big deal abt givin their body? Its just fun which both parties enjoy, even gals enjoys it more dan d guys for crying out loud
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 19, 2015
seunayeni:
Pele, made u a better person, worry not!
thanks dear, I was actually the one who ended it as I saw we had no future together, he passed out before me and after sometime I decided to move on.

1 Like

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by aydrees09: 12:08pm On Nov 19, 2015
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Mostprecious(f): 12:10pm On Nov 19, 2015
Well Op so true, tell em... Dt was hw we were evn told we cud find life partners durin our industrial training nd some chicks ended up sleepin around all in d name of relatnshp, dt one has come nd gone, nw we re servin Some chicks re stil makin d same mistke, so Tell em.. It doesn't work for all
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by aydrees09: 12:29pm On Nov 19, 2015
SweetyZinta:
thanks Op, I've lost 2 boyfriends to Nysc babes.
Funny enough after Nysc they all come begging but am far gone already. 'i don't know what came over me, pls take me back is all i keep hearing' Lol

ish happens!!! Great and glad u moved on swiftly. Prevent the 3rd from happening, though.

1 Like

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Youngpo413: 12:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
sanbells:
maybe that's why they are called fishbrains.
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
there are thousand reasons to stay clear from relationship b4,after Nysc......so legt to me dis article is needless........one jst needs to no wen one is ready for relationship thats all
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Ursino(f): 12:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
Trash! Not true! My husband and I met during NYSC in Kogi state in 2007. After camp, we were both sent to different LGs, but we still kept in touch. After PoP in 2008, we both started work immediately, and got married in 2009. We are blessed with a prince and two princess now.

Nothing is general in life. That you did not succeed does not mean others won't. Don't over generalize issues. Life is not like that.

My advice to the young- be open to relationships, but don't misbehave. You don't know where your destiny lies. That Tom that you see today as the best boyfriend might not make the best husband tomorrow. Have a clear mindset about relationships, but don't go about fornicating with every Tom Dick and Harry.

NYSC is not a cursed program. Your breakthrough, be it marital, financial, physical etc might originate from there. I'm a living witness.

Peace!

4 Likes

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by sanbells(f): 12:58pm On Nov 19, 2015
Samsonklin:

What's d big deal abt givin their body? Its just fun which both parties enjoy, even gals enjoys it more dan d guys for crying out loud
the ish there is most girls do dat with the hope of a long lasting relationship that might end up being permanent. Buh datz not the case as the guys dumb them afterwards.
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by dannyduks: 1:15pm On Nov 19, 2015
BROS HAVING A RELATIONSHIP DURING SERVICE YEAR WITH PEOPLE FROM OTHER PART OF THE COUNTRY IS PART OF THE AIM AND OBJECTIVE OF NYSC, THE ONLY THING YOU CAN PREACH ABOUT IS THE WAY CORPS MEMBERS CARRY ON WITH THE RELATIONSHIP. ALTHOUGH THE AIM OF NYSC WAS DEFEATED LONG AGO BECAUSE OF ETHNIC, RELIGIOUS AND INSECURITY ISSUES IN NIGERIA. I THINK I AGREE WITH YOU IN SOME OF THE POINT YOU RAISED BUT NOT HAVING A RELATIONSHIP AT ALL FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT INTO ANY RELATIONSHIP BACK AT HOME IS OUT OF POINT.
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
nnafather:
Konji has no self discipline...it's above the law and rules.
hahahaha.konji does not discriminate,it unites all,nigerians or biafrans alike.the stories about service year is sometimes left untold.

2 Likes

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Emeka71(m): 1:20pm On Nov 19, 2015
marlockj:
End time rubbish thread.

Rubbish post
Confirmed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Corpers Distribute Relief Materials In Oproama, Rivers state (Photos) / "Corper's Finger Cut Off In Katsina" - Twitter User Says (Graphic Pics) / 5 Things To Do After NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.