Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners (9507 Views)

Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners / Check Out This Palace Of An Oba Somwhere Around The Middle Belt / Which Way Southerners??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 19, 2015
macof:

Sharap. Okun, Igbomina, Igala, Idoma, Ilorin are not part of your one north

Lol! And youre their official spokesperson.
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 19, 2015
Dnacode:

There's nothing like one North.
The North is NW n NE.
Don't be deceived.
MiddleBelt is MB.
MB supports call for Biafra n the division of Nigeria.
They too want to be free from Hausa/Fulani.
The Hausa/Fulani have ravaged them.
Destroyed their homes.
Killed their wives.
Slaughtered their babies.
Ransacked their communities.
Raped their daughters.
Carved out the unborn children from their wombs.
Cut off the breasts of their wives.
Made them refugees.
Right now I am weeping....
Oh the atrocities of the Hausa/Fulani in the middle belt n Nigeria is just too much.
Evidence has shown that these people do not deserve to live among other good people.
The Hausa/Fulani should live on their own.
MiddleBelt are not under Arewa.

Like I said. Utterly clueless Mor.on
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 19, 2015
macof:

Actually if we are to go by history, it is best to say middle belt
NC is a political thing. . Yorubas are also in the NC but not middle belt

What the fvck is MiddleBelt?
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by onila(f): 8:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
Dnacode:

There's nothing like one North.
The North is NW n NE.
Don't be deceived.
MiddleBelt is MB.
MB supports call for Biafra n the division of Nigeria.
They too want to be free from Hausa/Fulani.
The Hausa/Fulani have ravaged them.
Destroyed their homes.
Killed their wives.
Slaughtered their babies.
Ransacked their communities.
Raped their daughters.
Carved out the unborn children from their wombs.
Cut off the breasts of their wives.
Made them refugees.
Right now I am weeping....
Oh the atrocities of the Hausa/Fulani in the middle belt n Nigeria is just too much.
Evidence has shown that these people do not deserve to live among other good people.
The Hausa/Fulani should live on their own.
MiddleBelt are not under Arewa.
middle belt pple dont mind being slaughtered

my Jos friend said hes a Hausa boy
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 19, 2015
Ahhh
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by onila(f): 8:48pm On Nov 19, 2015
Dnacode:

No one likes being slaughtered.
Its extreme poverty that makes them defenceless.
if they dont like being slaughtered

how come they are still chewing gumming the north
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:50pm On Nov 19, 2015
Slavery.

I still can't understand how you people are unable to cut fulani wings in Nigeria . send the marauders back to FUTA TORO and FUTA Small n ,cut their wings . MB & southerners are cowards. Period

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by onila(f): 8:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
Slavery.

I still can't understand how you people are unable to cut fulani wings in Nigeria . send the marauders back to FUTA TORO and FUTA Small n ,cut their wings . MB & southerners are cowards. Period
smiley
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 19, 2015
onila:
if they dont like being slaughtered

how come they are still chewing gumming the north

Ehhh
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by drealzum(m): 9:37pm On Nov 19, 2015
onila:
undecided

I thought them being christian makes them kind of southerners
but I realized middle belt people associate with Northerners than Southerners
despite the fact fulanis used them for suya in Jos all the time

u rarely see middle belt pple in the South
they either remain in their middle belt or move to Abuja

My Jos friend recently called himself hausa boy

if Nigeria divides. middle belt will join the huge Muslim North and become minority christian in that nation

I believe

The thing is Jos plateau is located in the north by geography. That makes us Northerners because we are located in the north. The Yoruba's from kogi and kwara are also from the north since their towns are located in the northern part of Nigeria by geography.
I want to also correct,not every one whose town fall in the south is christian(There are more Muslims in auchi Edo state than Christians and I believe most Yoruba's are Muslims though most of them are from the south) and not every one from the north is a Muslim. Most middle belters are Christians. We are not Hausa's. It's only an ignorant plateau man that will call himself Hausa.
I have heard so many argument concerning this middle belt thing. There is difference between North central and middle belt. The struggle for middle belt started before many of us were born,it was there before Nigeria independence.
There was a minority report that before Nigeria be granted independence the minorities should be set free from the Hausa Fulani kanuri oligarchs. These cause was fighted for by all even the then chief of kagaro in Kaduna state present north west Nigeria.His town is still not part of the so-called "north central". Any way that was middle belt.
But the present region called North central was formed in the early 90's by the military regime. The aim of it was just to defeat the struggle of the middle belt. When you look at the old map of Nigeria, present Kaduna and katsina States where what you refer to as north central. No present north central state was part of it.
I believe when a region is being carved, you place people of similar culture religion and tradition together. The people of south west are all united by Yoruba,the people of south east by Igbo and those of south south by their minority status. When you come up north you find out that people of southern Kaduna,plateau and taraba all have similar culture, dressing,religion and tradition but these states are all scattered across the 3 geo political zones in the north even though the share boundary.
You see these are some of the schemes of the Hausa man to shut the minorities and kill the struggle of middle belt.
On the question of if Nigeria divides, where are we going to head, I will tell you the solution of Nigeria is not in division. It's when the so-called 3 big tribes agree that it's time for things to work properly.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by safarigirl(f): 10:29pm On Nov 19, 2015
HalimaSadiya:
All my friends from the middle belt are Muslims (Nupe, Ebira) and we communicate in hausa smiley
I wonder how many hausa-speaking, Muslims you can find in Benue state.....cuz the Idoma friends I have barely know a word of Hausa, neither are they muslims

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 19, 2015
safarigirl:
I wonder how many hausa-speaking, Muslims you can find in Benue state.....cuz the Idoma friends I have barely know a word of Hausa, neither are they muslims

And what does being a Muslim have to do with this discussion?
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by macof(m): 1:29am On Nov 20, 2015
VoslerGrimsbane:

Lol! And youre their official spokesperson.

Well you certainly are not

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nobody: 1:34am On Nov 20, 2015
macof:

Well you certainly are not

I'm in a better position to speak for them than you, southerner.
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by macof(m): 1:35am On Nov 20, 2015
VoslerGrimsbane:

I'm in a better position to speak for them than you, southerner.

yYou are in no position to speak for another man
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nobody: 1:37am On Nov 20, 2015
macof:

yYou are in no position to speak for another man

But you are?
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by macof(m): 1:45am On Nov 20, 2015
drealzum:

The thing is Jos plateau is located in the north by geography. That makes us Northerners because we are located in the north. The Yoruba's from kogi and kwara are also from the north since their towns are located in the northern part of Nigeria by geography.
I want to also correct,not every one whose town fall in the south is christian(There are more Muslims in auchi Edo state than Christians and I believe most Yoruba's are Muslims though most of them are from the south) and not every one from the north is a Muslim. Most middle belters are Christians. We are not Hausa's. It's only an ignorant plateau man that will call himself Hausa.
I have heard so many argument concerning this middle belt thing. There is difference between North central and middle belt. The struggle for middle belt started before many of us were born,it was there before Nigeria independence.
There was a minority report that before Nigeria be granted independence the minorities should be set free from the Hausa Fulani kanuri oligarchs. These cause was fighted for by all even the then chief of kagaro in Kaduna state present north west Nigeria.His town is still not part of the so-called "north central". Any way that was middle belt.
But the present region called North central was formed in the early 90's by the military regime. The aim of it was just to defeat the struggle of the middle belt. When you look at the old map of Nigeria, present Kaduna and katsina States where what you refer to as north central. No present north central state was part of it.
I believe when a region is being carved, you place people of similar culture religion and tradition together. The people of south west are all united by Yoruba,the people of south east by Igbo and those of south south by their minority status. When you come up north you find out that people of southern Kaduna,plateau and taraba all have similar culture, dressing,religion and tradition but these states are all scattered across the 3 geo political zones in the north even though the share boundary.
You see these are some of the schemes of the Hausa man to shut the minorities and kill the struggle of middle belt.
On the question of if Nigeria divides, where are we going to head, I will tell you the solution of Nigeria is not in division. It's when the so-called 3 big tribes agree that it's time for things to work properly.

VoslerGrimsbane. Read! And stop saying stuupid nonsense
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by macof(m): 1:48am On Nov 20, 2015
VoslerGrimsbane:

But you are?

I don't need to speak for anyone, my Okun and Igbomina brothers speak and as One yoruba we should speak with one voice
Ur murderers, destroyers and political power freaks have had enough

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nobody: 3:06am On Nov 20, 2015
macof:

I don't need to speak for anyone, my Okun and Igbomina brothers speak and as One yoruba we should speak with one voice
Ur murderers, destroyers and political power freaks have had enough

They all speak hausa. How many of them speak Yoruba?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nobody: 3:09am On Nov 20, 2015
macof:

VoslerGrimsbane. Read! And stop saying stuupid nonsense

Yeah. I'm the stuupid one. Loool! Okay.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by praxs(m): 3:22am On Nov 20, 2015
onila:
undecided

I thought them being christian makes them kind of southerners
but I realized middle belt people associate with Northerners than Southerners
despite the fact fulanis used them for suya in Jos all the time

u rarely see middle belt pple in the South
they either remain in their middle belt or move to Abuja

My Jos friend recently called himself hausa boy

if Nigeria divides. middle belt will join the huge Muslim North and become minority christian in that nation

I believe
you are totally ignorant and making baseless claims.. What states constituted middle belt? U need to define dat. Are u talking about NORTH CENTRAL? By regionalization, d are northerners. So why wud claim to be southerners wen d are not. Religion shouldnt be the basis for saying am from dis region.. U need to change ur primitive mentality and make sure u know facts before makinh assertions.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by onila(f): 3:24am On Nov 20, 2015
praxs:
you are totally ignorant and making baseless claims.. What states constituted middle belt? U need to define dat. Are u talking about NORTH CENTRAL? By regionalization, d are northerners. So why wud claim to be southerners wen d are not. Religion shouldnt be the basis for saying am from dis region.. U need to change ur primitive mentality and make sure u know facts before makinh assertions.

I said I ''thought''

now sharrap
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by praxs(m): 3:31am On Nov 20, 2015
onila:

I said I ''thought''

now sharrap
and i said ur facts should be factual before making assertions.
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by macof(m): 7:44am On Nov 20, 2015
VoslerGrimsbane:

They all speak how hausa. How many of them speak Yoruba?

Again, Sharap and stop saying stuupid nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by scholes0(m): 8:44am On Nov 20, 2015
Because they have been mentally brainwashed.
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by safarigirl(f): 9:10am On Nov 20, 2015
VoslerGrimsbane:

And what does being a Muslim have to do with this discussion?
if you bothered to read the person I quoted before jumping at me, you would see she mentioned that her friends are Muslim. Go back and read
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 20, 2015
macof:

Again, Sharap and stop saying stuupid nonsense

Says the Imbe.cile who's never been to the north but assumes to know everything about it. You're saying they speak as if the insignificant number of them matters dumbo!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by macof(m): 8:17pm On Nov 20, 2015
VoslerGrimsbane:

Says the Imbe.cile who's never been to the north but assumes to know everything about it. You're saying they speak as if the insignificant number of them matters dumbo!

You really don't wanna go down the path of insults with me.

Come back when you have something intelligent to say

1 Like

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 20, 2015
macof:

You really don't wanna go down the path of insults with me.

Come back when you have something intelligent to say

I don't want to go down any path with you, you're an Id.iot.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by HalimaSadiya(f): 11:28pm On Nov 20, 2015
safarigirl:
I specified those middle belt tribes ma'am "Nupe & Ebira" and didnt claim all of them are Hausa speaking smiley
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by HalimaSadiya(f): 11:37pm On Nov 20, 2015
Fulaboy:
longest time! ranki ya dade wink
Wallahi <3 yaya dai ?
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Fulaboy(m): 12:52am On Nov 21, 2015
HalimaSadiya:
Wallahi <3 yaya dai ?
kinyi wuyar gani sad school ko?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Abiriiba And Ogori Virginity Dance (viewers Discretion Is Advised) / Shrines And Justice In Igbo Culture. / The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.