Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,673 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:10 PM

Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? (52076 Views)

Big Money In Small Businesses / What Is The Price Of Small Generator??? / How Nigeria Is Making It Easier For Small Businesses To Get Funding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by YouthsPC0: 8:38pm On Nov 18, 2015

Following the decision of the Federal government Under the leadership  General Muhammadu Buhari to restrict foreign exchange many entrepreneurs and small business have continued to see their profits plunge while others have simply suspended or closed business altogether.
To further aggravate the woes of these small business and families across Nigeria the Buhari administration has placed a blanket ban on the sale and importation of small generators otherwise know as "I PASS MY NEIGHBOUR"

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/fg-bans-importation-of-%E2%80%98i-pass-my-neighbour%E2%80%99-generators

This source of power has been the live wire of many business such as restaurants, Saloon/ barbing shops,  Small offices , student hostels, corner shops and millions of families across Africa's most populous nation owing to the inability of the government to provide constant power supply to its over 170 million population.

Before riding to power the ruling All progressive congress had promised to generate 5000 MW of electricity yearly which translates into  20,000 MW in 4 years however, six months into their first year In office the power situation appears to be getting worse, compounded by the scarcity  of petrol used to fire up this alternative source of power.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/02/well-generate-20000mw-of-electricity-in-4-years-says-buhari/

The question many Nigerians are asking is why will their government choose to ban the only source of power to millions of small businesses and families when it appears clueless as to how to provide the stable electricity it promised before the elections.

The clear lack of policy direction by current government and a great affinity for taking decisions before thinking has ensured that the last six months was littered with policy reversals, somersault and sea of  conflicting information from 

Except our brothers from Aba come to our rescue by  producing these generators  locally these policy might signal the beginning of the end for many entrepreneurs and small businesses

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by FREEEMANAN(m): 8:41pm On Nov 18, 2015
undecided

Smh....

When they import too much gen, Nigerians complain that the politicians deliberately deprive us of power supply so their friends and relatives who imports Gen would sell...

Now see the new malady.... Does Buhari hate Small businesses? Issapity..... No wonder these politicians will continue to zap the economy and starve the people... They know we have misplaced priorities and confusion inherent our beingness....

Still smh

119 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by damton(m): 9:33pm On Nov 18, 2015
HMMM.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT

2 Likes

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by miqos02(m): 9:33pm On Nov 18, 2015
that gen is a killer

“The smaller generators have been banned by the Federal Government because it is causing air pollution and destruction of our lungs and breathing system. That is why they have banned it but people are still interested in smuggling them in, that is why we intercepted them. “If you go to the market, you still see them because people have imported them before the ban. So it is the leftover they had before the ban that they are selling because the law did not backdate the ban and it is not an absolute prohibition. “It is prohibition by trade which means you cannot bring it in large quantity and sell to the public. That is the type of prohibition we have on this but if you buy one piece, Customs will not seize it. “We will not relent in our efforts.
http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/fg-bans-importation-of-‘i-pass-my-neighbour’-generators

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by hardywaltz(m): 9:33pm On Nov 18, 2015
Good
That Gen has killed more people than malaria.

How can fuel and Oil pass throu the same chamber.

The smoke from that Gen (that na matter for another day)

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by toyo6ix(m): 9:33pm On Nov 18, 2015
Seriously.. 6ix
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by sunnywhyt(m): 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2015
Ok,next please?
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by akpur1(m): 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2015
yahoo boyz go upggrade to lister grin

14 Likes

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2015
cluseless government.

40 Likes

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Infogeek(m): 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2015
hmm ban? like seriously
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Csami(m): 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2015
Don't worry I'll stabilize power then boost it - Buhari

Applying his 1985 brain in 2015....GOODLUCK to that.

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Ufranklin92(m): 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2015
foolish presido grin

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by gurunlocker: 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2015
NO, he is just over-clueless.....

At this present moment, that isn't important.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Wealthyone: 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2015
Endtime Generator cheesy The Gen does more harm than good. I'm with baba on dis wink

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Kimoni: 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2015
This thing should be banned, infact, commercial "okadas", "keke marwa" should all be banned in Naija or at least in every major city.

They are all pose major health risk - emitting poisonous substance into the air, inturn, causing all sort of health issues.

Weren't we surviving before these things came on board?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Pogite: 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2015
APC...CHANGE!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by teebaxy(m): 9:35pm On Nov 18, 2015
F
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by toyo6ix(m): 9:35pm On Nov 18, 2015
Seriously.. 6ix undecidedSeriously.. 6ix
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Beehshorp(m): 9:35pm On Nov 18, 2015
Buhari doesn't want anything good for Nigeria..he doesn't av d interest of the masses at heart... No steady power supply and yet u dey ban gen for dis heat... We av been scammed o...

BTW ignore the poster below me he has nothing to say

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by lordcabasa(m): 9:35pm On Nov 18, 2015
Inother news, I just wanna make common sense

1 Like

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 18, 2015
Wicked and clueless government!

Why don't you start producing before the ban?
Mtchewwwww undecided

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by ishiamu(m): 9:35pm On Nov 18, 2015
Buhari is a terrorist - omenkata

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by aimuan(m): 9:35pm On Nov 18, 2015
NO
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by MEILYN(m): 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2015
kkkk
Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by Standing5(m): 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2015
I can't see the connection between this ban and a failing power sector. Buhari should avoid falling a victim of bad advises like Jonathan. Corruption is obvious and i doubt ban of alternatives can spur on the power sector back into life. OBJ did and fail in the early part of his second coming when he banned foreign goods, we still import toothpick, cotton buds, and rubber bands till this day.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by tuzle(m): 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2015
dere is no difference btw naija and no mans land. what do u call a country where dere is no unity. how can a divided nation fight against corruption, bokoharam. i dont hate buhari but dis country is headin into disaster if we dont unite and fight together. but i doubt dat is possible because the igbo will remain big headed, the yoruba big mouthed and the hausa will keep to demselve

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by bugzbunny: 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2015
Does Buhari use I pass my neighbour?
Does Aisha use I pass my neighbour?
Does Zahra use I pass my neighbour?

Its used mainly by average and poor Nigerians to Power their homes and businesses...

Does buhari care?..... No
Because it creats air and noise pollution
For Buhari and family

Pls buy Mikano lister..... If u need power
Apc is working
Sai Baba
Sai body Odour

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Small Generator Ban: Does Buhari Hate Small Businesses? by haywire1: 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2015
NICE MOVE, MY NEIGHBOUR DEY ALWAYS DISTURB ME WITH HIS "I PASS MY NEIGHBOUR " GEN.. I HOPE THEY START ARRESTING THOSE USING IT SOON STARTING FROM MY NEIGHBOUR, BABA NGOZI NO VEX OOO

#

6 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Female Christmas Shoppers Hide Money In Undies To Beat Pickpockets / 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business / I Won At Bet9ja Today. But I Am Scared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.