Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information (7593 Views)

"Gain Access To International Blessing With 1k" Pastor Says –Daddy Freeze Reacts / Genesis 11 : 4 To 7: How Realistic Is This Part Of The Bible? / How Did Demons Come Into Existence? Who Created Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 11:26am On Nov 21, 2015
For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory (majesty, splendor) of His Father with His angels, and then He will render account and reward every man in accordance with what he has done.

28 Truly I tell you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom Matthew 16 verses 27 to 28.
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 11:31am On Nov 21, 2015
Christian apologist cs Lewis dubbed this as the most embarrassing verse in the bible.
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 11:33am On Nov 21, 2015
Have u guys ever stopped to think that other religions make the claim that there are scientific facts in their scriptures
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by winner01(m): 11:38am On Nov 21, 2015
urahara:
34 Truly I tell you, this generation (im sorry i dont understand classical definations in the context which they are used) will not pass away till all these thingstaken together take place.
Seeing that you have accepted your downfall on the concept of the cud grin.

I con tire for you oo, Jesus was simply giving an indication of future events. The concept of Generation is a classical concept. Psalm 24:6 speaks of the generation that seek Him.
Does that sound exclusively for a present generation?

Read the generation concept in other Scriptures (Matthew 24:22; Mark 13:20; Revelation 3:11; 22:7,12,20).

"Sink the Bible to the bottom of the ocean, and still man's obligations to God would be unchanged. He would have the same path to tread, only his lamp and guide would be gone; the same voyage to make, but his chart and compass would be overboard!"
-Henry Ward Beecher
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by winner01(m): 11:40am On Nov 21, 2015
urahara:
Have u guys ever stopped to think that other religions make the claim that there are scientific facts in their scriptures
Yeah, go and attack them, islams section is just few clicks away.

i dont expect you to concern yourself with a lie. wink
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by Ranchhoddas: 11:47am On Nov 21, 2015
winner01:
Yes, in all its entirety, it is.
Typical
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by winner01(m): 11:49am On Nov 21, 2015
urahara:

28 Truly I tell you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom Matthew 16 verses 27 to 28.

Matthew 26:64 also says:
"You have said so," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

Did they see him physically sitting at the right hand of God?? I know you are trying to fathom the intelligence in the world of Jesus. But chill, dont blow your brains out.

Ive asked enough questions no one has answered, ill continue entertaining your questions after you have answered mine.

“I look upon all four Gospels as thoroughly genuine, for there shines forth from them the reflected splendor of a sublimity proceeding from Jesus Christ.”
-Goethe , German writer and scientist, 1749-1832

Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 21, 2015
seriously . . . how more foolish can a group of people be? sad

to even insinuate that the bible contains scientific facts is an insult to both the bible and science. it's not by force to make your book seem relevant nah. you don't have to keep inventing things. you can just admit that the bible is logic-less and senseless and requires faith. not intellect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 12:38pm On Nov 21, 2015
winner01:
Seeing that you have accepted your downfall on the concept of the cud grin.

I con tire for you oo, Jesus was simply giving an indication of future events. The concept of Generation is a classical concept. Psalm 24:6 speaks of the generation that seek Him.
Does that sound exclusively for a present generation?

Read the generation concept in other Scriptures (Matthew 24:22; Mark 13:20; Revelation 3:11; 22:7,12,20).

"Sink the Bible to the bottom of the ocean, and still man's obligations to God would be unchanged. He would have the same path to tread, only his lamp and guide would be gone; the same voyage to make, but his chart and compass would be overboard!"
-Henry Ward Beecher

Generation referred to the people at that time. Your argument is by far the poorest argument I have heard. Instead of accepting that an error was made you then resort to playing with the meanings o words. Generation refers to a lifetime.

So for 17 times in the gospel the word generation has always referred to the life of his contemporaries while for the single verse of his failed coming it does not. Makes sense.
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 12:40pm On Nov 21, 2015
Haba mana. The definite article "this" was even added
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 12:42pm On Nov 21, 2015
The use of “this” in the NT tells us that what’s being identified is near either in time or distance. By changing “this” to “the,” the entire meaning of the verse changes. Instead of a specific generation, it now reads as if it could be any generation. “This” is a near demonstrative, and as the name suggests points “to someone or something ‘near,’ in close proximity.”] Near demonstratives “appear as the singular word ‘this’ and its plural ‘these.’ The distant demonstratives, as their name suggests, appear as ‘that’ (singular), or ‘those’ (plural).” The near demonstrative “this” is used nearly 950 times in the NT, and it always refers “to something comparatively near at hand, just as ekeinos [that] refers to something comparatively farther away.”
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 12:50pm On Nov 21, 2015
winner01:

U don't get my point. If you claim that your bible is inspired because it has so called "scientific facts" then Muslims also claim that their Koran has scientific facts and as a result is inspired. As a result everyone thinks that their book is inspired.
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 12:56pm On Nov 21, 2015
grin grin grin grin
winner01:

Let the bible speak for itself.
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 12:57pm On Nov 21, 2015
Let the bible speak for itself.
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 1:05pm On Nov 21, 2015
“But first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation. ” (Luke 17:25)
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 1:10pm On Nov 21, 2015
“Truly I say to you, all these things will come upon this
generation. ” (Matthew 23:36)
6. “Sighing deeply in His spirit, He said, “Why does this
generation seek for a sign? Truly I say to you, no sign will
be given to this generation.” ” (Mark 8:12)
7. “As the crowds were increasing, He began to say, “This
generation is a wicked generation; it seeks for a sign, and
yet no sign will be given to it but the sign of Jonah. ” (Luke
11:29)

Mr winner why don't u then interpreted the generation as not referring to the people at that time
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 1:11pm On Nov 21, 2015
I meant interpret and not interpreted
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 1:41pm On Nov 21, 2015
winner01:

Matthew 26:64 also says:
"You have said so," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

Did they see him physically sitting at the right hand of God?? I know you are trying to fathom the intelligence in the. world of Jesus. But chill, dont blow your brains out.

Ive asked enough questions no one has answered, ill continue entertaining your questions after you have answered mine.
you.

“I look upon all four Gospels as thoroughly genuine, for there shines forth from them the reflected splendor of a sublimity proceeding from Jesus Christ.”
-Goethe , German writer and scientist, 1749-1832

Whether they saw him at the right hand of God is what I should be asking you. I hope you are not trying to imply that it was not meant to be taken literally. So the darkening of the sun and moon were just figurative heh. See. Listen to me. If you keep on choosing the parts of the bible that are meant to be taken literally. How can any part ever be taken literally. This is the reason why you have so many denominations in christianity . With each of them claiming that so so so and so part was not meant to be taken literally and so so wasnt
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 1:56pm On Nov 21, 2015
Teempakguy:
seriously . . . how more foolish can a group of people be? sad

to even insinuate that the bible contains scientific facts is an insult to both the bible and science. it's not by force to make your book seem relevant nah. you don't have to keep inventing things. you can just admit that the bible is logic-less and senseless and requires faith. not intellect.

Any religion can make their book look scientific . Take a look at this
http://www.missionislam.com/science/book.htm

By being an expert at taking things out of context you can make a book full of pseudo scientific crap look like a science text book to a brain washed religious fanatic
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 21, 2015
urahara:

Any religion can make their book look scientific . Take a look at this
http://www.missionislam.com/science/book.htm

By being an expert at taking things out of context you can make a book full of pseudo scientific crap look like a science text book to a brain washed religious fanatic
lol, so true.

and this is not applicable to only science. they use it every time to justify any action and explain any event. the bible has been used to support the most mudane things. like slavery and mass genocide. it can also be used to condemn these things. what sort of ridiculous book is that?
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by CoolUsername: 7:43pm On Nov 21, 2015
Urahara Kisuke: Meticulously and thoroughly raping the minds of christians with their own bible.
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by urahara(m): 8:31pm On Nov 22, 2015
Reason is the greatest enemy faith has ever had....
Martin luther( protestant christian)
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by KingEbukaNaija: 11:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
Only from God
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by otemanuduno: 5:14am On Jun 12, 2016
CoolUsername:
Genesis tells us that there is water above sky. As in, it tells us that the sky is like a solid canopy with water above it. I don't think that your definition of science is in line with the general definition of it.
Rain falls ontop your head, shouldn't commonsense tell you that the water is coming from somewhere? Just like when shit comes out of your yansh, won't you know by experience that shit is inside the body? Mtchew!!
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by CoolUsername: 4:00pm On Jun 12, 2016
otemanuduno:
Rain falls ontop your head, shouldn't commonsense tell you that the water is coming from somewhere? Just like when shit comes out of your yansh, won't you know by experience that shit is inside the body? Mtchew!!

This comment is unbelievably obtuse.

Rain comes from condensation of water vapour in the lower atmosphere. It's incredibly sad that you think it comes from the sky.
Re: How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information by winner01(m): 1:34am On Jun 19, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
Only from God
yess oo my brother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Religious Mind? / Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. / Blogs Of Ex-members Of Christ Embassy Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.