Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,066 members, 7,807,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda (31378 Views)

MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine / MTN Nigeria Fine Increased To $3.9 Billion After Regulator Error / NCC Should Get Ready To Slam MTN Nigeria Another Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 19, 2015
Dear African countries, please dont bankrupt MTN...

1 Like

Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by angbaradem: 12:58pm On Nov 19, 2015
Mtn dis is wat is call rising & falling @ d same time, so i dey use baba God take beg una to pay NCC fine b/4 going to Uganda fine Mather because all does money way una dey correct from me shape shape no b 4 free in fact very soon ego b Dstv turn ;DMtn dis is wat is call rising & falling @ d same time, so i dey use baba God take beg una to pay NCC fine b/4 going to Uganda fine Mather because all does money way una dey correct from me shape shape no b 4 free in fact very soon ego b Dstv turn.
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 19, 2015
Don't play with naija curse
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by Romm(m): 1:02pm On Nov 19, 2015
MTN.....NA me go is d 200 hundred naira wey i no see go bay airtime .b4 i knw it 100 naira don go... i call customer care wit my own time..... watin i hear na story story........
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by homirefacuny(m): 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

This level of ignorance should be a federal crime.
I think the guy doesn't av an MTN line or he lives in the rural area.
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 19, 2015
Acidosis:
Now this fine is ideal and decent.

Unlike the greedy NCC

Go and sit down, how dare you compare Naija with Ugandus, what fellowship hath light with darkness, take time or u will be deported. angry

2 Likes

Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by rman: 1:17pm On Nov 19, 2015
ruffbamreal:

You really believe the guy saying NCC is greedy? Why do other network providers followed the rules but MTN disobeyed? Maybe be you guys are from another planet.

What rules?

Go due your investigation and find out what is really going on...in your opinion do u think GLO has a better regulatory compliance than MTN?
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by kunle75(m): 1:21pm On Nov 19, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Did you read the article? Do you understand why they have been fined? Did you understand the nature of the offence? Is it similar to the one for which they received a fine in Nigeria?

Do you know they signed an agreement with NCC, and the fine wasn't arbitrary? Ignorance isn't a crime.

Thank you for the response................Ignorance leads to death please tell them to read before commenting next time

3 Likes

Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by free2ryhme: 1:24pm On Nov 19, 2015
Oya every country hosting MTN should start collecting their own share grin
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by chidexxy007(m): 1:27pm On Nov 19, 2015
ok. where are those saying because MTN isn't a "Nigerian company" that was why they were hit with heavy fines, I guess the NCC instigated this one too..
#lubbish
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by Capooh(m): 1:28pm On Nov 19, 2015
This story Makes my day. grin[b][/b]
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by mharita2015(f): 1:44pm On Nov 19, 2015
teeowl:
Dear African countries, please dont bankrupt MTN...

So this eezey money is crying foul because of lack of competitive edge. I'm suspecting this judge.....!!!!! smiley
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by JideTheBlogger(m): 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2015
Pavore9:
MTN, trouble everywhere you go!

hahahaha grin grin
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by nellyelitz(m): 1:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Did you read the article? Do you understand why they have been fined? Did you understand the nature of the offence? Is it similar to the one for which they received a fine in Nigeria?

Do you know they signed an agreement with NCC, and the fine wasn't arbitrary? Ignorance isn't a crime.
and a sickness too
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by Lanceslot(m): 1:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
Acidosis:

Unlike the greedy NCC
Its decent because the crime was against an individual not a nation.
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by oz4real83(m): 2:00pm On Nov 19, 2015
Acidosis:

Unlike the greedy NCC
. Compare what mtn makes in both countries and realise the fact that mtn makes more than 20times what he makes in ugandan here in Nigeria. Mtn's revenue from Nigeria accounts for over 30percent of it's total revenue in Africa. The fine is justified.
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by enigma2007(m): 2:02pm On Nov 19, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Concur!
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by Priest200(m): 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2015
sameer1212:
Bye bye to MTN in Africa cheesy cheesy cheesy

u are happy cos u dnt have a relation working there...do u know hw many thousands of people that would b jobles if they leave..is nt until it is affectin u dat u care.
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by iwatchandlisten(m): 2:10pm On Nov 19, 2015
Zeedarh:
Happy for them.
I've always trusted God to judge on my behalf grin. Last week, these same people came to our campus for MTNinvasion show (most boring show i ever witnessed). I was in the crowd jejely watching when the MC invited me over to their ugly looking 'pako' stage to come and pick ticket from the raffle box for someone to win one phone like that. In my mind, i was like 'chai, i go see something collect from MTN' not knowing i was in a 'jonzing' world. After picking about four missing winners and tearing their tickets, i finally picked a lucky and available winner. When the guy came, it was as if i was inexistent; not even a 'thank you' from anybody. I just use style leave stage in shame undecided undecided undecided

Sorry...
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by innuit: 2:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
Misleading headline. The court awarded damages against MTN. Its a court judgment. Its not the same as a fine
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by fajani(m): 2:15pm On Nov 19, 2015
Very good...... I am not gonna recharge on that stupid MTN Sim any longer... Even there call charges lately is unbearable.... Glo free tomorrow all I need.....
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by coolluk(m): 2:24pm On Nov 19, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

I swear, d poster na mumu
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by moshould(m): 2:30pm On Nov 19, 2015
Make dem dey pay !!! Wicked Pple..them sabi steal by trick een ! Dem go place u on compulsory caller tune, now its their turn to pay..
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2015
Cpumping:
pls wen is Ntel coming out, shey dey will sell 5gb for 200 naira
in your dreams
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
Acidosis:

Oh No, that post has nothing to do with the fine. It's a response to a poster claiming and asking why MTN Sim cards were sold at N30,000 some years back.

I'm sure you'd agree to the fact that costing and pricing structure has to do with supplier capital, PEST, competition.

You're missing the point.

MTN charged the highest for its services.

MTN was the only network then that charged subscribers for caller identification and balance checks. Can you beat that?

Are you aware that only MTN refused to pay the fine on blocking of unregistered SIMs even when all others paid; before they were slammed with this one?

If people rejoice over MTN's fine but are stoic over that of FirstBank, Guinness, Skye bank, etc, doesn't that tell you something?

2 Likes

Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 19, 2015
Acidosis:

Unlike the greedy NCC
NCC is also a decent fine, because MTN was present in the meeting when they all decided the fine against anyone that falters.
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by ODUBEZE: 2:57pm On Nov 19, 2015
MTN don enter!
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by wypavu: 3:00pm On Nov 19, 2015
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by Wealthyonos(m): 3:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
I would advice MTN To change its name and the operational structures already existing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Samsung Leads In 5G Smartphones In Q1 2020 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Reviews | Discussion Board - The Transformer / Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.