Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,857 members, 7,806,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder (43469 Views)

How To Work With Difficult People And Still Maintain Your Sanity. / Where Can I Work As A Motion Graphics Professional / Computer Science: Where Can I Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by damocool(m): 10:46pm On Nov 19, 2015
dazekid:

Yes, and the scriptures do not hold any weight to the law so stop basing the man's choices on scriptures written thousands of years ago, nothing there applies in this situation so it is purely sentiment.
OK sir...
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Infinitikoncept(m): 11:06pm On Nov 19, 2015
ProudOlodo:

So in ur own opinion, no sin is bigger than d other abi? Let someone slap ur brother and d other shoots him, and we'll see whether u'll still believe no one sin is bigger than the other ehn? angry
Your monicker.....
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by northvietnam(m): 11:28pm On Nov 19, 2015
merit12:
Truth be told.....you have to be wise about this whole matter

If the lady can't marry you because of your past it means she can't keep quite about it .she probably tell someone close to her to be free from heart .that persons tells to other person so on and on ......it be publicized already.

Please keep this lady alive ..you seem desperate and you can do anything to shut her up.... note you be the frist person to be called to police station ......don't kill ooooo

Starting from after you change name. ....the beginning of success depended on you and you worked hard to get to were you are now....

Contact your lawyer to know any thing that can be done about it first
Before maybe leave the country and start your life some were else not too expensive

I have spoken
. what if he do the girl juju and she mad grin grin grin grin. naaaaah joke ooooooo........
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by yomi007k(m): 11:29pm On Nov 19, 2015
asuustrike2009:

Somebody open up to admit his mistake instead you castigate him. Tell me who doesn't have secret in this world?supposing he kept this secret for a long time probably when they had kids to reveal, would she had left? Wouldn't we castigate him for not opening up ever since given the fact that he is wrong? The woman isn't worth and am I very sure she has secrets too that she's hiding. But there is something op isn't saying which I doubt. His girlfriend or fiancee didn't just leave him like that, there is more to it. Is either she persuaded him to confess and he refused or she bluntly refuse to marry him. There are many fishes in river anyway
Secrets are actions.

Actions have consequesnces.

Op will bear some.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by PureWays(m): 12:08am On Nov 20, 2015
sashaa:
this here isn't good reasoning
We've seen people do worse things..
I believe the Op would have explained how it all happened to the lady, it's not what he planned, no one is perfect dear..
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by PureWays(m): 12:16am On Nov 20, 2015
lolaluv1:

So she should be 'humble' and marry a fraud, right?
You make it sound as if that's what he does for a living...
Though it was a desperate decision that could bring about a grave consequence but it has also helped the Op in some ways..
If the Op can go back in time, he'd probably make the same decision..
All he need do is to make peace with his friend's family..
I believe as his lover, she should be able to think that through..
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Nobody: 12:31am On Nov 20, 2015
yomi007k:
I am surprised that Nairalanders can even support this Fraudulent Op.

Maybe wen u guys die, someone else will start using ur degrees to work.

No good woman will stick with u if they know the truth.

Your wealth is ill-gotten, it will leave at last.
I see nothing wrong with it. Whats a dead body gonna do with certificate. The only mistake he made is practically stealing the certificates by bribes. He should have asked the family members first. simple
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by franklin007(m): 2:33am On Nov 20, 2015
Bro u have to take care of her, by deleting her,if not she will end your story. Don't dull urself
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by Donmu: 6:23am On Nov 20, 2015
To me you graduated with 3rd class why can"t you do master and other professional course on it now your secret is out now you will not be able to sleep just pray for forgiveness
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by igbanbajo(m): 6:28am On Nov 20, 2015
aspirebig:
So people really believe this story?

Chai.

This is unintelligent lie naa.

Even if the whole lecturers assisted you, what about people that know you with your old names?

Remember, there is no part of the story that state that Op and the late friend were name sake.

For instance, Op is Andrew Zik and his late friend is Emmanuel Taylor. Forget other names now. How will one be Andrew Zik in 100L and graduate as Emmanuel Taylor?

No exams and record in that school?

What about final year clearance exercise? When WAEC certificate will be requested, if you had presented statement of result in year 1.

This story doesn't add up at all.

Nothing is impossible with collaboration or connivance. OP stated that his course adviser actively participated in the sham. It gets to a point that the adviser can't back out if he wants to. At that time, he will have to continue just to keep the secret taking solace in the countdown to the op's graduation, a time when relief would come to him.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by osenidvdg(m): 7:22am On Nov 20, 2015
This is seriously serious. why blaming the girl ? No matter how long you keep the secret some how some way it will be made known one day. To me I don't have anything against the lady because no one here on earth will conceal such secret with you even you yourself out of guilty you told the lady. She left you for the fear of insecurity that you may do her the worst for you success and also deserted you cause of future consequences that may come your way even to her children if she end up marring you. Above all you own God apology not man after forgiveness from God am sure he will direct you on what to do next. Because if he set you free you will be given instruction on how to do restitution(making right your wrong) with right people through Godly approach without any regret.

1 Like

Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by bornsoldier: 8:09am On Nov 20, 2015
U should have get the boy's parents informed at first.....offence would have been against the state alone.....as it is now....u have done the right thing in revealing ur true self to ur "to be".......not too late to put things right though.....Beg forgiveness from God....let the Boy's parent knw...and work for another certificate of ur own and abandone dt falsified one.....or u can start a biz....Just look at what misplaced priority in university has caused...Lord have mercy
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by ProudOlodo: 8:20am On Nov 20, 2015
@ OP

This ur story is a twisted and complicated something. And I bet there are missing pieces that makes it all not add up entirely. But I'll take it as u've presented it...You sound like a desperate man and ur biggest concern is having ur secret out. Bro, I don't know u and I don't know the limits to d things u can do; so, I'll just beg u to leave that girl alive and let her be. She didn't ask u to tell her ur secrets, it was ur choice. She has the right to react however she chose. And returning ur ring shld tell u ur money isn't what placed her by ur side, it was who she believed ur were. No one will have that trust shattered and will not react similar except they have no values and humanity left in them. So pls just let her live and decide how she'll handle what she heard from u. It is a consequence u have to live with. U will be tempted but pls don't do more harm to the human inside u by harming her to keep her quiet.

After all, secrets hardly go for eternity without wriggling their way out. Perhaps, it's time u stop living the life of lie and begin afresh. I commend u for the hardwork u've done to get where u are today and the what u've been doing to try pay penance for the false foundation u started on. U've tried but if anyone will be honest with they'll tell u what is wrong is wrong. U can call sand garri from today till tomorrow, it will still remain the sand that it is. That man with the 3rd class is d real man and u made d error of getting carried away by the success of d false man without working further on ur real man. But u've made money and I believe it's not too late to start building on ur real foundation again. Work on ur 3rd class and start a business so that when nemesis catches up on u, they'll be a soft place u can fall on because nemesis coming after u is a sure thing. Plan to let the truth out some day even to the dead boy's family and prepare urself for that day. That's where ur true freedom lies. U never can tell what lies beyond that line u dread, it might hold a bigger life than the one u have now.

But biko, don't let desperation make u hurt that girl! May God help and guide u

Infinitikoncept:

Your monicker.....

That monicker abi...bros no mind my olodoness
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by ify84(m): 8:27am On Nov 20, 2015
damocool:

Well, I never said he should actually do what I typed... It's just an opinion bro.. It doesn't really calls for an argument... Peace..

Ho, u see it as argument, no no, I was seeing it as some intellectual discourse... to learn and unlearn
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by dake40(m): 8:56am On Nov 20, 2015
merit12:
Truth be told.....you have to be wise about this whole matter

If the lady can't marry you because of your past it means she can't keep quite about it .she probably tell someone close to her to be free from heart .that persons tells to other person so on and on ......it be publicized already.

Please keep this lady alive ..you seem desperate and you can do anything to shut her up.... note you be the frist person to be called to police station ......don't kill ooooo

Starting from after you change name. ....the beginning of success depended on you and you worked hard to get to were you are now....

Contact your lawyer to know any thing that can be done about it first
Before maybe leave the country and start your life some were else not too expensive

I have spoken

You are so intelligent

You spoke my mind!......
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by gnchetts: 6:34pm On Nov 20, 2015
Bro I think u made a right choice to tell her ur real u. On the other hand, she returning ur ring is not really the best to me. Would she rather prefer a marriage that was built on
Lies? The best thing for her (if she really loved u) would AV been to tell u how bad your past was and that u should quit the job and start a new life with her. The action she took now would come when u refuse to quit the job and go by her advice.

Meanwhile the did has been done and there's no going back. So I will suggest that,u forget about her and start making plans on how to leave the country for now. As this might tarnish ur image if she finally does what I believe she must do. U have to leave for at least 2-3yrs if u value ur image so much.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by tonytony208(m): 8:08pm On Nov 20, 2015
muheewa:
You Killed urself that very moment u told her......You made a very wrong decision at 1st,just pray she's the type that keep secret if not......I see u behinde the Bars..........

I suspect the lady had already revealed the secret to someone else. You know how some women are now. For her not to show that kind of reaction after a week means she went to consult with someone, who told her it is fraud and she is now acting on the strenght of that.
Re: I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder by limamintruth: 5:28pm On Nov 21, 2015
Konzent:
[color=#990000][/color]With due respect, i think nairalanders are intertwining law with morality. Both are not necessarily coterminous. An act may be unlawful but morality has nothing against it. This is one of such. If we use the clothes, houses and vehicles left behind by a dead man, i don't think anything is wrong with using his certificate. He couldn't have used it in the grave, it does him no harm that OP is using it. In fact the deceased may be happy that even in the grave, his achievement still puts food on someone's table. Go ahead op, the dead is not angry,rather happy that you are promoting his name. But don't be caught up with the law, your act is illegal.

The O.P is guilty of impersonation and that is a crime provided for in our laws.

Inheriting the property of a deceased person is completely different from pretending to be someone(whether living or dead).

For what its worth, I'd advise the O.P to come clean & confess his sin before God, resign from the job he got through impersonation & return to his true self. Because wealth built on lies & fraud can never last or end well. smiley
The O.P can still build on his real 3rd class degree & achieve greatness at the end of it all in truth.

I also applaud that pious lady who turned down his offer when she found out he was an unrepentant impersonator. If it where some money-drunk ladies, they will go ahead to marry such criminal since there is enough money to spend.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mohammed Babandede Resumes Duty After Recovery From Coronavirus / 100 Excavators Worked Together To Dismantle A Bridge Overnight In China(Photos) / I Earned N10,000 Per Month For 2 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.