Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy (22853 Views)

Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose / Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know / APC/NASS Crises: Observation On The Major Players (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
PastorAji:
TonyeBarcanista,
My broda you shocked me on this incisive analysis. If we have just 200 of us here on Nairaland, it would av been far Berra

...and by "us" I fathom you mean inclusive of your self?

Lol I comment my reserve.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by devilishM: 12:44pm On Nov 19, 2015
Firefire:
Nice article.

Eno reach your mind, talk your mind. Lol-no salary for you this week.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by philips70(m): 12:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
baralatie:

I doubt it! just look at the comments from the APC crews on this thread and it is clear the type of mindset they have.
the inability of PMB administration to pursue governance has hardly been talked about by the APC.
the critique of the TSA in the house is from APC senators.
well as the days go by the carelessness of PMB handling of the economic issue,oil and gas and others will become clearer unless he changes that "not my concern" attitude.
as for the op!
well he has constantly been on the attacks from his APC crews,so you can see WHY he has to write in this form.
the real crux is that whooping #8trillion federal budget naijaleak and 40% 2016 capital expenditure that I want to see.whether the govt will deny or further give a condition

You really do not know what is happening to our economy at the moment. By this time next year, Nigerians including you, will know we have the right person at the right time. In a normal period, Buhari might not be the right person to lead this country but given our precarious situation we needed no other person other than him to cleanse the system before 21st century administrators can take over. With the mopping up of illicit monies from the system, by this time next year inflation rate would have gone down by more than 20% and the gap between the rich and the poor greatly reduced. Many of you know this but party affiliations will not let you say it out.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by Nuella222(f): 12:55pm On Nov 19, 2015
baralatie:

do you mean semplex or nigerite!
both
Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by Omenkata: 12:58pm On Nov 19, 2015
PassingShot:

Exactly. But many are too blinded by senseless partisanship. I pray yo i will continue in this part. Criticize the government when it has gone wrong and praise it when it has done well.

How many times have you criticized anything apc wrongly did openly like this?

Stop this hypocrisy abeg but nevertheless the less that's why i like you apc guys somehow because you guys gat the balls to play opposition which saw all Gej archivements both good and bad trashed by you guys even when you know he's doing well on that, that's politics 301 (never see good in the opposition works)

how many of you notable apc members have criticized Buhari openly like this? tell me one person including you.

It's a shame pdp still has a lot to learn as an opposition if they want to get power back (5% possible as things are now)

as for the op, he's simply trying to buy faces back since he has faded away like a bleached cloth.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2015
smiley i support the TSA... the govt would find a way to go around the disadvantages.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by Paentera(m): 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2015
This is another concern - will States & LG adopt same? In a discussion with a friend, he was of the opinion that a carrot and stick approach can be used to get them to tow the TSA line.

TonyeBarcanista:

I think they are hailing my position on this and not really me. My brother, I wish State and LGAs will adopt the policy. As for those people that bribed their way to have 'juicy' positions, they will be disappointed when they realise that the TSA has kept the juice away from them... grin
Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by barbstee(m): 1:05pm On Nov 19, 2015
good one there. permission ro share ur post on some plaform wt proper referencn?
Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by joshdfc: 1:09pm On Nov 19, 2015
@Tonye B weldone. Constructive analysis of the case @ hand. I think the present administration should set up a team to renegotiate the 1% charge to see how they can bring it down to the benefit of all seeing that the country is presently down in its earnings.
Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by bewyse: 1:18pm On Nov 19, 2015
@TonyeBarcanista

For the first time, i'm on the same page with you.

Great Article.
Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by Harwoyeez(m): 1:21pm On Nov 19, 2015
karashita:
Tnx Ops for d insight.
However,much as this policy is welcome,it is stifling operations in some quarters.
For instance in some agencies,activities have run aground because they no longer have running cost.All accounts have been taken over.To buy ordinary stationeries is now a problem.
I wont go into details for obvious reasons,but it would appear some amendment stil need be done on the policy.
It is killing.
All agencies submitted their budgets for each year n will get what they budgeted for. Their spending has been limited to their budget

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by franklingud(m): 1:27pm On Nov 19, 2015
End time account be dat na grin grin embarassed undecided
Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by PassingShot(m): 1:31pm On Nov 19, 2015
Omenkata:

How many times have you criticized anything apc wrongly did openly like this?

Stop this hypocrisy abeg but nevertheless the less that's why i like you apc guys somehow because you guys gat the balls to play opposition which saw all Gej archivements both good and bad trashed by you guys even when you know he's doing well on that, that's politics 301 (never see good in the opposition works)

how many of you notable apc members have criticized Buhari openly like this? tell me one person including you.

It's a shame pdp still has a lot to learn as an opposition if they want to get power back (5% possible as things are now)

as for the op, he's simply trying to buy faces back since he has faded away like a bleached cloth.
I have on many occasions criticized PMB on this forum. Just yesterday I criticised the ban on importation of "I pass my neighbor " generators. I did a thread to condemn unnecessary delay in appointing his cabinet too. Go through my posts when you have the time and you'll realize that I am above irresponsible partisan politics.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by IVORY2009(m): 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
PassingShot:

I have on many occasions criticized PMB on this forum. Just yesterday I criticised the ban on importation of "I pass my neighbor " generators. I did a thread to condemn unnecessary delay in appointing his cabinet too. Go through my posts when you have the time and you'll realize that I am above irresponsible partisan politics.

Yes I can confirm this, but ur other friend Demdem, he is a "one way traffic" wen its black, he will call it blue, no comma, no full-stop frm him...
Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by Demdem(m): 1:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
IVORY2009:

Yes I can confirm this, but ur other friend Demdem, he is a "one way traffic" wen its black, he will call it blue, no comma, no full-stop frm him...

Stop being vague Goon and substantiate ur claims. Give specific examples
Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by baralatie(m): 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2015
philips70:

You really do not know what is happening to our economy at the moment. By this time next year, Nigerians including you, will know we have the right person at the right time. In a normal period, Buhari might not be the right person to lead this country but given our precarious situation we needed no other person other than him to cleanse the system before 21st century administrators can take over. With the mopping up of illicit monies from the system, by this time next year inflation rate would have gone down by more than 20% and the gap between the rich and the poor greatly reduced. Many of you know this but party affiliations will not let you say it out.
if PMB failed it on oil subsidy and the refineries what makes you think he is serious about the larger economy with his ideology of "Nigeria economy is not my problem"
Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by PassingShot(m): 2:04pm On Nov 19, 2015
baralatie:

if PMB failed it on oil subsidy and the refineries what makes you think he is serious about the larger economy with his ideology of "Nigeria economy is not my problem"
So, he has already failed on refineries and subsidy in you guys' books?
Idiocy is when you expect PMB to fix monumental problems of over sixteen years in just five months.
Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by baralatie(m): 2:04pm On Nov 19, 2015
Nuella222:
both
if you are in Lagos.adeniji market is your best place or visit their headquarters in ikeja
Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by IVORY2009(m): 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2015
Demdem:

Leckey! I follow u, so I know wat I'm saying, on so many occasion, I hv to advise, but it yielded no results
Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by baralatie(m): 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
PassingShot:

and to think you passingshot opened a thread celebrating PMB body language fixing the refineries!

I would rather suggest you visit the thread created by jpphillips and read Through everything discussed on the oil and gas sector,subsidies and the models proffered.(practical workable solutions)
and not propaganda!
Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by PassingShot(m): 2:13pm On Nov 19, 2015
baralatie:

and to think you passingshot opened a thread celebrating PMB body language fixing the refineries!

I would rather suggest you visit the thread created by jpphillips and read Through everything discussed on the oil and gas sector,subsidies and the models proffered.(practical workable solutions)
and not propaganda!

Boy, I did a thread based on reported news in the national dailies. Use your brain!
Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by IVORY2009(m): 2:15pm On Nov 19, 2015
PassingShot:

Idiocy is when you expect PMB to fix monumental problems of over sixteen years in just five months.

if u can recall, news emanated frm his camp, some months back dat the refineries hv been fix, true or false...
Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by arsetalks(m): 2:17pm On Nov 19, 2015
I am shocked tonyebarcanista came up with an unbiased piece. Change in air truly.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by baralatie(m): 2:19pm On Nov 19, 2015
PassingShot:

Boy, I did a thread based on reported news in the national dailies. Use your brain!
and I applaud you on achieving a milestone!

it does not change the fact that PMB has no choice but to change his or better still improve on his means of handling Nigeria's economic issues.its economy is not "back in the day of 1979"
Nigeria economy is crucial and the last thing it needs is a president that will not pay attention to its growth!
Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by PassingShot(m): 2:22pm On Nov 19, 2015
baralatie:

and I applaud you on achieving a milestone!

it does not change the fact that PMB has no choice but to change his or better still improve on his means of handling Nigeria's economic issues.its economy is not "back in the day of 1979"
Nigeria economy is crucial and the last thing it needs is a president that will not pay attention to its growth!
What's your ranting all about?
Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by Demdem(m): 2:24pm On Nov 19, 2015
IVORY2009:

Leckey! I follow u, so I know wat I'm saying, on so many occasion, I hv to advise, but it yielded no results

Demdem:

Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by jamace(m): 2:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
Very educative and unbiased write-up. Thanks OP.
Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by baralatie(m): 2:27pm On Nov 19, 2015
PassingShot:
What's your ranting all about?
read again!
Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by PassingShot(m): 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2015
baralatie:

read again!
Rant it again pls.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by obaiyan: 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I find the media noise and opposition over TSA as unnecessary, unpatriotic and ill-conceived. The reason for my position I shall spell out.(Apologies for the lengthy epistle)

Before The TSA Regime...
Prior to the implementation of TSA, government Ministries, Departments and Agencies usually have their respective accounts where monies are lodged. What happened during this period was that a DG of an Agency or Executive Chairman will open an account for the Agency that he is in charge of, lodge monies there and make illegal withdrawals in connivance with corrupt bank officials. 70% of this fraud go undetected except an insider raised an alarm. We have had cases in the past where DG's of Agencies will deposit funds belonging to the agency in a commercial bank that he has interest. Even when alarm is raised, he will simply come out to sermonise us how he has been keeping these monies for the public and use court injunctions to evade justice, whereas his original intent was to divert it. A perfect example was the case of former Vice President and APC Chieftain Atiku Abubakar. As Chairman of Petroleum Training Development Fund(PTDF), Atiku lodged over $30million and $164 in Trans International Bank and Equatorial Trust Bank respectively from the account of PTDF according to EFCC's forensive indictment in 2006. In fact, 'loans' that yielded interest as high as 15% to the banks were collected from the said banks by Atiku and his proteges AFTER PTDF millions of dollars has been lodged with the illegal account. It was all business! When the deal was busted in 2006, Atiku simply said that he 'kept the monies for safe-keeping' and even claimed that he deserves commendation. What about cases of DG's and ministers that must have gone unreported? How did Tafa Balogun manage to loot his billions as Police IG? Hundreds of billions that cannot be quantified have left Nigerian treasury unreported and undetected before now.

With the coming of TSA, all these anomalies have been taken care of. The recurring act of ministers or DGs of Agencies opening illegal private account in a commercial bank for illicit activity has been eliminated. Everyone now operate with a single account that is managed by the CBN. In fact, every goat shall see free yams no more(with due respect to GEJ's Goat and Yam theory). We shall see how a prospective goat intend to eat our little yam(that isn't even enough for us) without being caught by the authorities.

The Controversial N25billion and The 1% Commission:
When Otunba Dino Malaye raised the tale of Systemspecs(owner of the Remitta software) collecting N25billion(1%) of the monies processed so far, I asked myself whether Dino is living in the same Nigeria with me or somewhere else. The position of Dino is flawed for two basic reasons;

1. It amounts to stark ignorance to think that Nigeria has N2.5trillion cash at present. I even doubt if we have 50% of the said money. Naturally, such gossip shouldn't have been peddled by a senator of this great country. It is left for the men at beer parlours. Thankfully, Ibrahim Muazu, CBN's Public Communication director clarified the whole thing when it said that, an estimated sum of N1.2trillion is what was expected to be moved to the government account all through the whole exercise.

2. From the report of PremiumTimes, it was explained that Systemspec is only entitled 50% of the 1%. While the Banks and CBN get 40% and 10% respectively. An excerpt of the agreement reads..

If this is the case, then there is NO way Systemspecs would have pocketed N25billion even IF N2.5trillion has been processed(which is NOT correct). If we are to follow the government position that less than N900billion has been processed, it means Systemspec must have pocketed something close to N4.5billion. This amount is 18% of the vague figure raised by Dino.

I think Dino should tell Nigerians where he got his own figure from.

Ex-AGF Jonah Otunla Deserves Commendation From Nigerians:
Sincerely, I'm not too pleased with the arrangement of 0.5% going to the Systemspec. It is very exorbitant and highly unsustainable when considering the huge amount involved. I wish the sum can be renegotiated but we MUST give kudos to the former Accountant-General that came up with the deal.

According to the report on PT, before the agreement was signed in 2013, Systemspecs proposed a commission of 1.5%, Commercial banks proposed 5%, while a committee setup by CBN and AGF's office proposed 2.5%. It was the exAGF Atunla that overruled all the proposals to 1%. This will see the software providers get 0.5%(as against their proposed 1.5%), Banks 0.4%(against 5%) and CBN 0.1%. Some officials would have negotiated their own cut and agree with the earlier proposals(or even increased it). May God Bless Jonah Atunla for acting in the interest of the public.

Kudos To Dr Goodluck Jonathan:
When Jonathan was explaining his now famous Yam and Goat theory, he made mention of removing the yam from the goat so as to make it difficult for the goat to eat the yam. He then stated that he was building institutions that will tackle corruption once and for all. Though, there were few goats whose prosecution was demanded by some Nigerians during Jonathan's era, I believe that it will be fair for us to clap hands for him for conceiving and promoting this policy that will further alienate the goat from the yam. Indeed, he had plans of separating the goats from the yams and he meant his words. His administration started the implementation of TSA actually in March 2015. The CBN/OAGF gave the directive for commencement in February 2015. In fact, this was captured in CBN's letter to Systemspecs, which I quote....

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/193213-full-details-of-tsa-dino-melaye-misled-nigerian-senate-on-n25-billion-claim.html

Bravo President Muhammadu Buhari
It takes a selfless leader to continue good initiative and policies of his/her predecessor. We have seen cases where successors discontinue policies of their predecessors to do 'their own'. Irrespective of party and tribal divide, President Buhari deserves commendation from Nigerians and not knocks for continuing with this wonderful policy. If there is ANY single thing that Buhari should be commended for since his government came to office, it is the TSA continuation.

Despite being in opposition, I'm praising Buhari for taking a patriotic step. I understand that this is in contrast with the APC position when they were in opposition. They never commended the FOI law, they opposed military crackdown against BH terrorists and even opposed the designation of BH as terrorists organisation. I believe that we all should play politics of patriotism irrespective of our partisan leaning. Nigeria's interest should take preeminence in all our decisions.

On Senate's Probe...
I still don't know what the Senate is probing but I support the probe on condition that their intent isn't to ask the Executive to stop the policy. They should investigate to know whether or not a fraud has taken place at anytime of the process. They should ensure that their probe is to strengthen TSA for public interest. However, they MUST not attempt to stop the policy, because it will be resisted. They shouldn't also consider opting out of the TSA because that will be fought against by the masses.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria

May d Lord continue to give wisdom and grace to reason like ds
this is awesome. for the first time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Single Account: Its Benefit, Major Players And Unnecessary Controversy by karashita: 2:40pm On Nov 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

My brother, Agencies and Departments will adjust to the new change. At least accountability will set in. The complain of genuine people like you is very different from our politicians that seek to manipulate it for their own selfish reasons

I honestly appreciate the need to block lopholes.
We want to see our economy back on track too, but dont have the personal resources with which to keep running government office.
God will see us through.
Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olusosun Dump Fire Reignites Again (Photos) / Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers / Peter Obi: Labour Party Now Mass Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.