Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,849 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:28 AM

Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam (28278 Views)

Amaechi, Kwankwaso, Atiku's Statements On Their Defection To PDP / Fayose At Orange FM: Photos And Statements Made / Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by PassingShot(m): 10:02am On Nov 19, 2015
When the news broke that the president ordered arrest of ex-NSA Dasuki and others indicted by the government’s committee investigating arms procurement from 2007 and 2015, it was a sweet development to the supporters of PMB’s regime and another reason for the opposition to cry blue murder as usual. Since then, Dasuki has released statements to suggest that he acted in the best interest of the nation and the allegations are deliberately designed to nail him for some reason.

While we expect further legal battles to take place in the law courts, let us examine the troubled ex-NSA’s response to the allegations and attempt to make any sense of it.

It is laughable for the panel to assume that four Alpha jets and 12 helicopters were undelivered. In a memo to the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA), referenced NAF/905/D/CAS of November 28, 2014, the immediate past Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Adesola Amosu acknowledged the receipt of the 4x Alpha jets attack aircraft and the helicopters.

“On 10/21/14, the Chief of Air Staff also confirmed the receipt of F-7 N1 aircraft combination of 250kg bombs and accessories at $2,894,000 with the cost of freight at $1,200,000. The same Air Force confirmed getting 2xTri Shield 36DG tactical radars.
It’s more laughable for Dasuki to think the panel “assumes” those jets and helicopters were not delivered. The items we’re talking about are not bolt and nuts but large equipment. Presence of 4 jets and 12 helicopters are not items that could not easily be verified through the Nigerian Air Force and other military formations across the country.

Secondly, acknowledgement letters cannot be proof that those items were supplied. Those who wrote and signed the letters could as well be Dasuki’s coconspirators in this criminal act of sabotaging the country’s security. We’re used to hearing of letters acknowledging delivery of supplies in various organizations when in reality nothing has been supplied.

In another letter of December 1, 2014 signed by L.S. Alao (on behalf of the Chief of Air Staff), the Air Force said it received five containerised fuel storage and dispensing units with equipment.
“The Nigerian Army wrote the ONSA to acknowledge the delivery of 14 armoured tanks. In a December 13, 2014 memo, the Brigade of Guards thanked ONSA for releasing N30m for RCA, operation allowance for troops on Op Urban Sweep II for third and fourth quarters of 2014. This is apart from the installation of CCT cameras at the Brigade Headquarters, two backscatter bomb detection vans and other equipment.
“On November 26, 2014, the immediate past Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh sought for approval of the award of one pair of uniforms (in the interim) for the Armed Forces at N165,375,000 to El-Jahab Mubarak Nigeria and N330,750,000 for two pairs.
Are we talking of the same Alex Badeh who revealed on Channels TV to the whole world that the last time weapons were bought for the Nigerian Army was in 2006? http://dailymail.com.ng/former-chief-of-defence-staff-badeh-alleges-last-time-weapons-were-bought-for-nigerian-army-was-in-2006/

In a saner society, Badeh himself would have been put behind bars for selling us dummies in the past.

Again, the allegation is not that NOTHING was procured by the NSA’s office. The accusation is that “the committee also observed that of 513 contracts awarded at $8,356,525,184.32; N2,189,265,724,404.55 and €54,000.00; Fifty Three (53) were failed contracts amounting to $2,378,939,066.27 and N13,729,342,329.87 respectively”. The concern here is the 53 failed contracts whose value is more than double the $1bn loan approved by the national Assembly. Why is Dasuki not saying anything about the alleged failed contracts?

These are some of the acknowledgment letters submitted to me by the end-users (the services). It is not for me to go and find out whether the equipment was delivered or not. I am not the one keeping the inventories.
Look at the cheap defense in the bold! It also rubbishes the earlier statement that the committee "assumed" those equipment were not supplied.
How can a whole national Security Adviser who took charge of procuring weapons for the nation’s security say it’s not for him to go and find out if the equipment he paid for were supplied? This is a subtle admission by Dasuki that those equipment were not delivered despite the acknowledgment letters he got. You as the NSA virtually had the Service Chiefs in your hands and you got briefings from them from time to time. How could you not have known those heavy equipment were not delivered?

To prove that he had nothing to hide, the ex-NSA said he submitted a comprehensive list of all requests for procurements by the services, “the items bought and those equipment being awaited to His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari long before I left office”.
“If there were issues, I should have been questioned
. I was just the clearing house, I did not award contracts to my company or proxies. There was no contract awarded or equipment bought without approval from the then President and Commander-in-Chief. I am not a thief or treasury looter as being portrayed,” he added
Submitting a list of items “bought” based on monies released for such purchases is not the same as actually having those items in stock. The president still needed time to verify your submissions and I guess it’s the reason the weapons committee was set up. So, what’s the point here?
Besides, you don’t determine when and how you will be questioned. The president will normally wait to have enough facts/evidences before calling you to question and the time has come NOW.

The question is not whether there were approvals or not from GEJ for those awarded contracts. We know the type of president GEJ was and his special ability for condoning impunity from people like you is a reason he is no longer a president. If not, he as the C-in-C would have known that you guys were “using his head” and would have discovered all these long time ago. He was sincere enough to reveal that some of the allegations he was confronted with by PMB were not known to him until then. We know the job was beyond his ability but it will not be a good defense for you in law courts.

He said he was ready for trial on all these allegations in order to prove to Nigerians that he did nothing untoward in office. “We will certainly meet in court.
It’s obvious you will surely be tried properly and no one is in doubt about that. And Nigerians will be happy to know your coconspirators.

I have a lot to tell Nigerians but in the interim, they should not believe some of the allegations as the gospel truths. The good thing is that some of the key actors in the present administration were parts of the past process being viciously challenged.

Please pay attention to the bold. Does this statement not mean that Dasuki accepts that he is indeed guilty of some of the grievous allegations? Some weighty ones he didn’t address include:

“… that the former NSA directed the Central Bank of Nigeria to transfer the sum of $132,050,486.97 and €9,905,473.55 to the accounts of Societe D’equipmente Internationaux in West Africa, United Kingdom and United States of America for un-ascertained purposes, without any contract documents to explain the transactions”.

As for my tenure as the nation’s NSA, I acted in the interest of the nation and with utmost fear of God. I did not use the office for any self-serving agenda. I occupied the Office of the National Security Adviser at a difficult moment in Nigerian history when terrorism was at its peak and I am leaving posterity to judge me accordingly
Well, let the courts decide if you indeed acted in the interest of the nation according to our laws. However, judging by your own statements, it is very clear that you failed to do due diligence as expected of a National Security Adviser who took charge of purchasing and expending defense budgetary allocations.

Lastly, Nigerians should expect more revelations in the days ahead. There will be mind boggling revelations on how Defense budget was spent between 2007 and 2015. What we have been served now only relates to the extra budgetary interventions (such as the $1bn loan and other grants from foreign and local agencies) and not the trillions of naira spent on Defense.

Message to the “which weapons are we now using to fight Boko Haram if GEJ/Dasuki didn’t buy weapons?” crew:
The allegation that they didn’t buy weapons should be understood from contextual point of view. They may have bought some weapons but are grossly inadequate and not corresponding to the amount budgeted/spent on arms and ammunitions. Besides, if Nigeria did not buy a single riffle in ten years, it doesn’t mean there won’t be any weapons in our arsenal.

God Bless PMB
God Bless Nigeria

165 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by ify2016: 10:03am On Nov 19, 2015
What is it to analyse. law of karma...Confusion everywhere OVOKO!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by czay(m): 10:05am On Nov 19, 2015
Oops
Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 19, 2015
Bros further investigations will prove of indeed the former service chiefs did acknowledge receipts of this weapons,where it is and if it was contained in the list of equipments handed over to the new service chiefs!! So both the serving and former service chiefs will also be questioned before we get the whole truth about this matter!!

If it was included in the handover notes by the immediate past service chiefs to their successors which they acknowleged receipt and now it suddenly gets missing,the new service chiefs will have questions to answer

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by tempex88(m): 10:10am On Nov 19, 2015
FP

1 Like

Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by hahn(m): 10:10am On Nov 19, 2015
Dasuki's statements portray everything wrong with the Nigerian way of reasoning and indeed is an epic example of why Nigeria remains the same.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by kodded(m): 10:11am On Nov 19, 2015
eee

1 Like

Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by PassingShot(m): 10:13am On Nov 19, 2015
chukwudi44:
Bros further investigations will prove of indeed the former service chiefs did acknowledge receipts of this weapons,where it is and if it was contained in the list of equipments handed over to the new service chiefs!! So both the serving and former service chiefs will also be questioned before we get the whole truth about this matter!!

If it was included in the handover notes by the immediate past service chiefs to their successors which they acknowleged receipt and now it suddenly gets missing,the new service chiefs will have questions to answer
I agree to some extent that even the current service chiefs may need to be questioned. However that will only be after Badeh, Minimah and Amosun have claimed leaving behind those weapons. Not when Badeh said the last time they got weapons was 2006.

23 Likes

Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by focus7: 10:17am On Nov 19, 2015
Op, just leave Dasuki and let's see the drama he wants to perform, he thought it is Jonathan government where impunity and corruption is the order of the day. By the time Buhari finish with him he will be wishing a fast moving train jam him.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by rawtouch: 10:19am On Nov 19, 2015
Sipping my alcoholic malt

1 Like

Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 19, 2015
focus7:
Op, just leave Dasuki and let's see the drama he wants to perform, he thought it is Jonathan government where impunity and corruption is the order of the day. By the time Buhari finish with him he will be wishing a fast moving train jam him.

Bros this is not about Buhari "dealing" with anybody!!! The trial will be televised live and we will all watch the proceedings!! If Buhari cannot substantiate any of the accussations levelled against Dasuki,the case would be thrown out by the courts!!! Worse still some of Buhari's service chiefs might end up getting indicted!!

21 Likes

Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 19, 2015
PassingShot:

I agree to some extent that even the current service chiefs may need to be questioned. However that will only be after Badeh, Minimah and Amosun have claimed leaving behind those weapons. Not when Badeh said the last time they got weapons was 2006.

Bros do not speak for Badeh!! When the trial starts ,Badeh would speak for himself

8 Likes

Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by PassingShot(m): 10:28am On Nov 19, 2015
chukwudi44:

Bros this is not about Buhari "dealing" with anybody!!! The trial will be televised live and we will all watch the proceedings!! If Buhari cannot substantiate any of the accussations levelled against Dasuki,the case would be thrown out by the courts!!! Worse still some of Buhari's service chiefs might end up getting indicted!!
Do you have any doubts that Buhari has his evidences?

Why don't you reply to the points raised in the original post?
It's clear Dasuki will go to jail. Only Executive pardon can save him.

14 Likes

Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by Firefire(m): 10:29am On Nov 19, 2015
Rule of Law must prevail.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by PassingShot(m): 10:30am On Nov 19, 2015
chukwudi44:

Bros do not speak for Badeh!! When the trial starts ,Badeh would speak for himself
In addition, his tv interview will also be used in as evidence in court. So, I am not speaking for him but only echoing what he said on national TV.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by PassingShot(m): 10:31am On Nov 19, 2015
Firefire:
Rule of Law must prevail.
Has anyone said otherwise?
I pity some people's mentality.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by Firefire(m): 10:32am On Nov 19, 2015
PassingShot:

Do you have any doubts that Buhari has his evidences?

Why don't you reply to the points raised in the original post?
It's clear Dasuki will go to jail. Only Executive pardon can save him.

I do laugh at your empty and vain chest beating post... "Go to Jail" grin cheesy

May 29th - November 19th no one is in jail yet ?

You better change your orientation before is too late.

Buhary is a failure already.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by PassingShot(m): 10:38am On Nov 19, 2015
Firefire:

I do laugh at your empty and vain chest beating post... "Go to Jail" grin cheesy

May 29th - November 19th none is in jail yet ?

You better change your orientation before is too late.

Buhary is a failure already.

You've shown over and over again to be lacking in the critical areas of endowment. No need arguing with you.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by Firefire(m): 10:40am On Nov 19, 2015
PassingShot:

You've shown over and over again to be lacking in the critical areas of endowment. No need arguing with you.

Your Bubu is a complete failure, let him face the act of governance, he cannot waste the precious four years mandate to learn modern democracy, him being a known tyrant.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by LuckyLadolce(m): 10:43am On Nov 19, 2015
OK
Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by dridowu: 10:45am On Nov 19, 2015
According to Dasuki "I have a lot to tell Nigerians but in the interim , they should not believe some of the allegations as the gospel truths.
With my own little understanding , this statement shows that Dasuki is guilty of some of the allegations since he claimed that "they should not believe some of the allegations as the gospel truths" "
Franzeez:

My prayer is that PMB gets the sense to create Jobs so people like you can be busy instead of racketeering in the name of analysis which is a product of joblessness.
Base on your post , does that mean Barcanista also his jobless since he too like to analyse the Nigeria politics ? Remember that Barcanista have started his own joblessness since era of GEJ ,which means GEJ did not create a job ? Again, i will be expecting a rejoinder from Barcanista which also serves as joblessness.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by focus7: 10:54am On Nov 19, 2015
chukwudi44:

You really wish Buhari not able to substantiate the case. For how long will you prefer corruption in the name of partisan? It does not matter who among Buhari service chiefs that is indicted, let such face the wrath of the law.

6 Likes

Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by focus7: 10:56am On Nov 19, 2015
Firefire:

Your Bubu is a complete failure, let him face the act of governance, he cannot waste the precious four years mandate to learn modern democracy, him being a known tyrant.
look who is talking of mandate. Did you give him any mandate?

7 Likes

Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by Franzeez(m): 10:59am On Nov 19, 2015
PassingShot:
When the news broke that the president ordered arrest of ex-NSA Dasuki and others indicted by the government’s committee investigating arms procurement from 2007 and 2015, it was a sweet development to the supporters of PMB’s regime and another reason for the opposition to cry blue murder as usual. Since then, Dasuki has released statements to suggest that he acted in the best interest of the nation and the allegations are deliberately designed to nail him for some reason.

While we expect further legal battles to take place in the law courts, let us examine the troubled ex-NSA’s response to the allegations and attempt to make any sense of it.

It’s more laughable for Dasuki to think the panel “assumes” those jets and helicopters were not delivered. The items we’re talking about are not bolt and nuts but large equipment. Presence of 4 jets and 12 helicopters are not items that could not easily be verified through the Nigerian Air Force and other military formations across the country.

Secondly, acknowledgement letters cannot be proof that those items were supplied. Those who wrote and signed the letters could as well be Dasuki’s coconspirators in this criminal act of sabotaging the country’s security. We’re used to hearing of letters acknowledging delivery of supplies in various organizations when in reality nothing has been supplied.

Are we talking of the same Alex Badeh who revealed on Channels TV to the whole world that the last time weapons were bought for the Nigerian Army was in 2006? http://dailymail.com.ng/former-chief-of-defence-staff-badeh-alleges-last-time-weapons-were-bought-for-nigerian-army-was-in-2006/

In a saner society, Badeh himself would have been put behind bars for selling us dummies in the past.

Again, the allegation is not that NOTHING was procured by the NSA’s office. The accusation is that “the committee also observed that of 513 contracts awarded at $8,356,525,184.32; N2,189,265,724,404.55 and €54,000.00; Fifty Three (53) were failed contracts amounting to $2,378,939,066.27 and N13,729,342,329.87 respectively”. The concern here is the 53 failed contracts whose value is more than double the $1bn loan approved by the national Assembly. Why is Dasuki not saying anything about the alleged failed contracts?

Look at the cheap defense in the bold! It also rubbishes the earlier statement that the committee "assumed" those equipment were not supplied.
How can a whole national Security Adviser who took charge of procuring weapons for the nation’s security say it’s not for him to go and find out if the equipment he paid for were supplied? This is a subtle admission by Dasuki that those equipment were not delivered despite the acknowledgment letters he got. You as the NSA virtually had the Service Chiefs in your hands and you got briefings from them from time to time. How could you not have known those heavy equipment were not delivered?

Submitting a list of items “bought” based on monies released for such purchases is not the same as actually having those items in stock. The president still needed time to verify your submissions and I guess it’s the reason the weapons committee was set up. So, what’s the point here?
Besides, you don’t determine when and how you will be questioned. The president will normally wait to have enough facts/evidences before calling you to question and the time has come NOW.

The question is not whether there were approvals or not from GEJ for those awarded contracts. We know the type of president GEJ was and his special ability for condoning impunity from people like you is a reason he is no longer a president. If not, he as the C-in-C would have known that you guys were “using his head” and would have discovered all these long time ago. He was sincere enough to reveal that some of the allegations he was confronted with by PMB were not known to him until then. We know the job was beyond his ability but it will not be a good defense for you in law courts.

It’s obvious you will surely be tried properly and no one is in doubt about that. And Nigerians will be happy to know your coconspirators.

Please pay attention to the bold. Does this statement not mean that Dasuki accepts that he is indeed guilty of some of the grievous allegations? Some weighty ones he didn’t address include:

“… that the former NSA directed the Central Bank of Nigeria to transfer the sum of $132,050,486.97 and €9,905,473.55 to the accounts of Societe D’equipmente Internationaux in West Africa, United Kingdom and United States of America for un-ascertained purposes, without any contract documents to explain the transactions”.

Well, let the courts decide if you indeed acted in the interest of the nation according to our laws. However, judging by your own statements, it is very clear that you failed to do due diligence as expected of a National Security Adviser who took charge of purchasing and expending defense budgetary allocations.

Lastly, Nigerians should expect more revelations in the days ahead. There will be mind boggling revelations on how Defense budget was spent between 2007 and 2015. What we have been served now only relates to the extra budgetary interventions (such as the $1bn loan and other grants from foreign and local agencies) and not the trillions of naira spent on Defense.

Message to the “which weapons are we now using to fight Boko Haram if GEJ/Dasuki didn’t buy weapons?” crew:
The allegation that they didn’t buy weapons should be understood from contextual point of view. They may have bought some weapons but are grossly inadequate and not corresponding to the amount budgeted/spent on arms and ammunitions. Besides, if Nigeria did not buy a single riffle in ten years, it doesn’t mean there won’t be any weapons in our arsenal.

God Bless PMB
God Bless Nigeria

My prayer is that PMB gets the sense to create Jobs so people like you can be busy instead of racketeering in the name of analysis which is a product of joblessness.

8 Likes

Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by aieromon(m): 10:59am On Nov 19, 2015
I was actually expecting the ex-NSA to release more pictures of the equipment he bought. I don't buy his ignorance one bit. He should have copies of certificate of delivery,important documents that will be used to process outstanding payments. Na today we dey see acknowledgement letter?

The man really messed GEJ up and I won't be surprised if GEJ is fuelling this issue with documentary evidence.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by Firefire(m): 11:03am On Nov 19, 2015
focus7:
look who is talking of mandate. Did you give him any mandate?

If Buhary through whatever scheme and machinery got the mandate to rule Nigeria for four years, he should quietly resign if he is weak instead of running from pillar to post to hide his inefficiency.

The suffering of the Nigerian people have gone beyond this tyrannical behavior. He should face the business of governance.

3 Likes

Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by Firefire(m): 11:03am On Nov 19, 2015
Franzeez:

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by kobe79: 11:10am On Nov 19, 2015
wetin lalasticlala dey smoke.move this write up sharpaly before i tell u to move grin
Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:13am On Nov 19, 2015
Dasuki indicted himself with his statement.
Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by MadCow1: 11:17am On Nov 19, 2015
Ok
Re: Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam by baddyoosha: 11:17am On Nov 19, 2015
THIS IS QUITE MEANINGFUL UNLIKE THAT MAN THAT STOLE BILLIONS AND WHEN QUESTIONED SAID HE WAS GOING TO BUY PIGS WTF WHAT DO WE NEED PIGS FOR

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governors Loyal To Tinubu, Atiku Absent At Meeting With APC NWC / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: How Jonathan Made Me Finance Minister / Tinubu’s Associates Fear Buhari May Turn Against Him After 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.