Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Day 1: Illusion - Dare To Be Real - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Day 1: Illusion - Dare To Be Real (540 Views)

30 Days Of Poetry Season 3, Day 1 "16 Lines 4 Ada" Pix Inside / The Illusion Of 100 Level Students(short Story) / 30 Days Of Poetry Season 2, Day 1, Pepper's Flower (pix Inside) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Day 1: Illusion - Dare To Be Real by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 19, 2015
DAY ONE
(Rex on the phone with his girlfriend)
Rex: Hi babe, how far
Helen: Shut up, so you can’t call abi, if I didn’t call you…
Rex: I just wanted to dial your number when your call came in, it’s like we telepathically connected.
Helen: Story! Make I hear, so how was your day, have you eaten.
Rex: I told you not to ask me about food again when you call, food is meant for man not man for food, real men eat for strength, my day went great anyway
Helen: I’ve heard you sir, bullshit! When I call you, I ask what I want to ask, it’s my credit, when you call we can follow that rule. What are you doing?
Rex: E-hee, we’ve launched our ministry –o, the one I told you about the other day, The Mafia Church thing na.
Helen: So you were serious about that, how exactly did you launch it?
Rex: I just finished designing our website. www.themafiachurch.com you should check it out.
Helen: So upon all the fine names in the dictionary, it’s The Mafia Church that caught your fancy, I wonder what kind of members you will have, I no follow-o!
Rex: You dey fear, it’s actually the name that I think befits the organization. I will gist you more about it when we meet.
Helen: Ok, no problem, Rex am really concerned for you, I hope this is not a violent group or anything that will lead you into trouble, you know how I will always support all your ambitions both the crazy and funny ones. I hope this won’t lead us into trouble.
Rex: It won’t dear, my angel, this organization is safe and peaceful, don’t worry your head ok.
Helen: If you say so, I believe you.
Rex: That’s my baby, I will gist you when we meet ok.
Helen: Ok baby boo, where you dey, am missing you here.
Rex: I dey hous na, you want to come over? My guy will soon be home anyway.
Helen: Am not coming, try and see me tomorrow ok.
Rex: Ok my sweet potato, the onions in my suya, the CSS to my HTML.
Helen: You done come again, which one is onions in your suya. Abeg go sleep, talk to you later.
Rex: Ok dear
Helen: And?
Rex: I love you
Helen: I love you more sweetheart
(Phone clicks off)
(Rex working on his laptop when the door creaks open, his friend and room mate Amadi peaks in, then bends down to remove his shoes. Rex looks towards the door, then continues working on his laptop.)
Rex: Guy welcome (As Amadi approaches where he is)
Amadi: Baba, how sequence?
Rex: All is well, how’s work?
Amadi: Fine-o, we thank Baba God.
(Slumps on the bed, while dropping his bag, picks the TV remote and increases the volume)
Rex: That Aboki that sells suya, hasn’t come out yet?
Amadi: He’s there, you want to eat suya?
Rex: Is there anytime somebody will give you suya you won’t eat? How come you are coming back empty handed like that. Do you know how I’ve been praying for you all day here?
(His stern face turns to a grin and then to a full smile).
Amadi: (Laughs) You never talk wetin dey hungry you, wetin dey this house abeg, I dey seriously H.
Rex: No mind me, there is garri for drinking, you can buy groundnut from mama Nkechi outside, I bought sugar. How body do you? Go and check the kitchen ja-re, there is food there.
Amadi: I for say, you wan kill person pikin? Drink garri to bed! Even Satan can’t do that to his disciples.
Rex: So you are now my follower?
Amadi: Eh-hen I saw your letter and website, men that letter makes a lot of sense, I showed it to my colleagues, it’s the bomb, we debated about the content for several hours, I missed my lunch because of it.
Rex: I posted it on nairaland too. I haven’t even checked to know what people are saying about it.
Amadi: It’s from nairaland I saw it na, the thing made front page, go check it na.
Rex: How did you know it’s mine?

To be continued tomorrow? Day Two, follow me to know when it’s posted, day two will be posted in another section.
This is not just a story, this is a movement, join us now at www.themafiachurch.com Read the open letter to the church that will be discussed in the tomorrow here www.themafiachurch.com/theletter

I want your comments and contributions thanks
Re: Day 1: Illusion - Dare To Be Real by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 19, 2015
This is part of a project to launch Project Excavate. This drama series, though a fiction is written to educated the would-be participant of project excavate on what the project is all about, what to expect and how to best benefit from the project.
The series will be concluded in 60 days, at the expiration of which the novel Illusion: Dare to be real will be published.

You are welcome to criticize, advice, and brainstorm with The Mafia Church.

If you have any question about this group, kindly drop it here and I will be more than happy to answer you.
Re: Day 1: Illusion - Dare To Be Real by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 22, 2015
CONTINUATION OF DAY 1

Amadi: I know your monica na, besides, I saw the heading here when you were drafting it. It’s a brilliant writing.

Rex: I know the kind of energy I invested into writing that letter, I expect nothing but the best (Clicking furiously on his laptop).

Amadi: Am coming (Dashes into the kitchen to get some food, seconds later, a shattering sound is head)

Rex: Baba wetin dey happen na, na so dey hunger hold you reach, no break all our plate o.

Amadi: Nna eh, these plates dey conspire to deny me access o.

Rex: You mean you broke more than one plate there?

Amadi: Na so I see am o.

Rex: Are you sure it won’t be better to eat directly from the pot?

Amadi: (Laughs) I don collect am, no worry your head.
(Walks into the room with a plate of soup and eba)

Rex: For your mind you go finish this thing wey you carry.

Amadi: If you know how famished I am, this is just an appetizer.

Rex: Am watching you and the food in 3D.

Amadi: Watch and see. (Goes into the kitchen to get washing bowl and satchets of table water).

Rex: Men, 8000 views already, and 60 comments. This is good!

Amadi: If not for the name, you would have had more, people are afraid of that name. Guy you should have consulted me before using that name na, it’s bad market. Can you see the comments?

Rex: I purposely used that name, and come to think of it, there are far more scary names out there. What’s the slogan of Man-U – Red Devils, how many fans do they have.
If The Mafia Church scares you, then we don’t need you in the first place. I insisted on using it as a screening criteria. If you are not comfortable with the name, then we are not comfortable having you as a member.

Amadi: Hey calm down, you need these people to fulfil all the rosy things you wrote on that letter. That project will swallow money like mama caro pikin dey swallow akam. I don’t think screening out potential sponsors right now will benefit you.

Rex: They will come back when the project kicks off, when they realize the game behind the name. Am laying a solid foundation, not everybody is needed at this stage.

Amadi: Did you saw the girl that called your writeup an illusion, it really got me laughing.

Rex: Just saw it, her comment won’t stop us, but coming to terms with her comment, she’s right. That letter is just an illusion until we start doing something.

Amadi: So what next now, how are you gonna get money to startup. Cos heaven can bear me witness that you are broke. (Laughs)

Rex: (Joins in the laugh) The project is in three phases, I call it Project Excavate.
The first phase will need only 1 Million naira to start up, everything is outlined with its timeline on our website.

Amadi: You’ve created a website?

Rex: Yes na, it’s at the bottom of the letter na as the source, you didn’t see it? www.themafiachurch.com .

Amadi: Let me check it out, Rex, you mean business with this thing – o.

Rex: Do I look like a joker to you? If I tell you when I started planning about this you won’t believe. I drafted the blueprint of this project during our school days.

Amadi: Men, this site makes sense o. But I want to hear it from you, what is phase I about.

Rex: At phase I we will need 1 million naira.

Amadi:: One million what? What am I seeing here, it’s before December this year o. Am not saying it’s not possible, but the time frame.

Rex: I think seriously before doing anything, if I wrote before December 31st there, be rest assured I’ve strategized how to get the money.

Amadi: If that’s the case, what will the money do

Rex: One, we will use it to register the organization, finish that game I told you about, that lottery game I was coding na, that game will be used to finance the next phase of the project. I will also be publishing a book, it’s actually a novel that will act as a guide for would-be members. And then we will use the rest to promote the organization, run adverts and prepare for phase II of Project Excavate.

Amadi: That sounds interesting, well since you’ve figured out how to raise the fund already, let’s watch how it plays out.

Rex: You want to stand on the fence, you have to be part of this.

Amadi: If I say I understand where you are going with all these am lying, the letter was great, all you wrote there sounds sweet, but then it’s still an illusion as you said until you dare to make it real.

Rex: I double dare, it’s gonna be real soon.

Amadi: Till then, no offence am a realist.

Rex: I understand.
(Amadi, finished eating, rises to dispose of the plates he used)

Amadi: Baba, this your soup make sense o.

Rex: Thanks, hope say you no finish all the meat.
(Both laughs as light fades).

(1) (Reply)

Ladies101 – Part 7 "The Conclusion Of The Matter." / 12 Steps to Creating Suspense / 5 Steps To Stop Procrastinating Once And For All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.