Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,857 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:53 AM

Can I Enter Ghana Without Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can I Enter Ghana Without Passport (6759 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Nigerians Now Require Visas To Enter Ghana / Can I Travel To Ghana Without A Passport? / Traveling To Ghana From Nigeria Without Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Enter Ghana Without Passport by hotobo(m): 10:50am On Nov 19, 2015
Hello guru in the house, i am planning travelling by road from Lagos to Ghana, I only have national ID driver's license. What's the risk of not having a passport.
Re: Can I Enter Ghana Without Passport by dotsdavidson(m): 4:08pm On Nov 19, 2015
hotobo:
Hello guru in the house, i am planning travelling by road from Lagos to Ghana, I only have national ID driver's license. What's the risk of not having a passport.

No risk at all, you will declare to the transportation company you have no passport and you will be required to pay a "no passport fee'.

Bon voyage
Re: Can I Enter Ghana Without Passport by worry359(m): 4:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
dotsdavidson:

No risk at all, you will declare to the transportation company you have no passport and you will be required to pay a "no passport fee'.
Bon voyage

Perhaps also some cash money in case officials want "something" to let you through.
Re: Can I Enter Ghana Without Passport by hotobo(m): 6:17pm On Nov 19, 2015
dotsdavidson:

Bon voyage
the fact is that am driving down myself
Re: Can I Enter Ghana Without Passport by dotsdavidson(m): 7:06pm On Nov 19, 2015
hotobo:
the fact is that am driving down myself

Get an international driving license and 'lease passe" and you are good to go. It might be a bit tiring for a first timer though cos you and the car will have to be cleared separately at every border. You can always get help from the bus drivers at every border.
Re: Can I Enter Ghana Without Passport by hotobo(m): 9:58pm On Nov 19, 2015
dotsdavidson:

Get an international driving license and 'lease passe" and you are good to go. It might be a bit tiring for a first timer though cos you and the car will have to be cleared separately at every border. You can always get help from the bus drivers at every border.
thanks
Re: Can I Enter Ghana Without Passport by balash(m): 9:27am On Nov 22, 2015
I will advise u not going alone.

Go to mile 2 park where they board Ghana car and ask for help on how u go about it

Sometimes you can get to some borders and meet a mad immigration, they won't only arrest u but would arrest u and arrest ur car! Hillacodji and Aflao borders are weird. Cotonou immigrations are like Nigerians as far say u get money u can go through

But Togo and Ghana officers just dey be diplomatic sometimes deep down in there mind them no like us for borders o! Lotta shits dey happen. It's not byforce to hold passport but make sure everything abt the car going through is complete, dnt listen to someone or Google anything. Go to mile 2 and sit and discuss with a nice looking driver, he might even ask u to follow him at the back when he is goin if the day u wanna go can be fixed to his as well..

Dnt follow someone advise o, Google can show u everything u need but someone wey sabi the route can help u better. If u feel u get everything complete and not go confirm. Togo or Ghana officers fit say one of ur papers no complete an na arrest straight expecially whn they knw u be first timer.

Imagine if them seize ur car and ask u for 200k fine!! Plz go to that side and be fully prepared.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Enter Ghana Without Passport by hotobo(m): 8:01am On Nov 24, 2015
balash:
I will advise u not going alone.

Imagine if them seize ur car and ask u for 200k fine!! Plz go to that side and be fully prepared.
am helping a Ghana diplomat drive his UN license jeep. how about that
Re: Can I Enter Ghana Without Passport by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 24, 2015
hotobo:
Off course you can enter without passport even without clothes on your body. It your choice
Re: Can I Enter Ghana Without Passport by hotobo(m): 12:07pm On Nov 24, 2015
fados4sure:

Off course you can enter without passport event without clothes on your body. It your choice
must you comment. I think you no what i mean. Common sense is truly not common

1 Like

Re: Can I Enter Ghana Without Passport by worry359(m): 12:27pm On Nov 24, 2015
hotobo:

grin
Re: Can I Enter Ghana Without Passport by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 25, 2015
hotobo:
You are entitle to your opinion
Re: Can I Enter Ghana Without Passport by Kingbtc(m): 2:14pm On Nov 12, 2020
Hello I'm in Ghana already and I lost my stamped passport but i have my Nigerian drivers license, I entered through land pls can i go back through air ??
Will my drivers license be accepted at the airport ??
Re: Can I Enter Ghana Without Passport by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 15, 2020
Contact Nigerian embassy at Osu.

quote author=Kingbtc post=95961688]Hello I'm in Ghana already and I lost my stamped passport but i have my Nigerian drivers license, I entered through land pls can i go back through air ??
Will my drivers license be accepted at the airport ??[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

10 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SW In Pictures / My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back / $20,000 Disappears From Passenger's Luggage At MMA2 Screening Point

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.