Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,760 members, 7,802,321 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

10 Security Tips For University Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Security Tips For University Students (14233 Views)

Apply For University Of Leicester (UK) Centenary Scholarships For African / VCs, ASUU Reject 120 Cut-Off Mark For University Admission / Three Igbinedion University Students Die In Car Cras (Warning: Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Security Tips For University Students by winetapper: 12:07pm On Nov 19, 2015

This tips is not mainly for School students but for all who wish to have more security
Let's keep the ball rolling.

1. Restrict friends from entering your room at their will.
The more you allow them,the more they are attracted to one property of yours and they would get a plan to steal it.

2.Your spare key location.
It should be known to you and you alone. Or to a trusted friend that doesn't know your house address to avoid had I known.

3. Do not keep late Night.
One should not keep late night at all times cos at least your presence at home would give the bandits a little though time before they attempt any operation

4. Your movement schedule should be changed regularly.
For security reasons your should be known to you only and should be changed at all times to prevent banditals from predicting your current location and activity.

5. Drinking and having fun with fun with friends at bar and close joints close to the your house would give bandits the opportunity to monitor and pass live and direct information about your activity.

6. Your Important items should always be locked in a safe and not to be left lying around. If they break in,breaking into your locked safe would be another unplanned task.

7. If you must stay out late at Night remain hidden.

For some reasons one have to stay out late either vigil,night class,party
But note staying hidden,or less noticed would secure you at times

8. When going out leave your sound system on and low to leave bandits in doubts if you are in or not.

9.When leaving the hostel note those around so you can have someone to help you with information.

10.Feel free to add yours

Written by : Winetapper
Cc.Lalasticlala,Dominique

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by iamkingzlee(m): 12:10pm On Nov 19, 2015
Nice tips OP!! really nice.

But, that number 8... Where I school, if you try am!!! they'll carry your sound system and leave you with the Cables and AV wire angry awon P.O.P, They will raid you till you are tired of life!! BUT, that's what makes you a G!! cool #SaveBabyLight

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by Aspiregreat: 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
Your Points are so Valid.But it would have been better if it was '10 money tips for University student'.

sad

4 Likes

Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by Aminat508(f): 12:24pm On Nov 19, 2015
Informative. kiss

ForBabyLight#
Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by abrahambest(m): 12:27pm On Nov 19, 2015
well said OP
Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by Funjosh(m): 12:31pm On Nov 19, 2015
Hmmm
Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by Canme4u(m): 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
Good Gooder Goodest.

Lol Loler Lolest.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by tchiwinnie: 12:50pm On Nov 19, 2015
Nice one, OP. #SavebabyLight#
Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by Donald3d(m): 2:00pm On Nov 19, 2015
10.Dont underestimate anyone ,the calmest person might end up being the deadliest
11.Dont steal anybody's girlfriend,you ma end up being killed
12.Dont move at night
13.Be polite and humble,its the best way to avoid cultists they will ignore you
14,Dont be toO flashy,its the quickest way to attract cultists
i will add more soOn
#ForMyBaby

MODIFIED
15.Becareful the way you allow girls cook for you
16.For girls,if a guy tells u come and meet me in class or somewhere ,except he is a very very very close person to you say no ,u should be the one to choose the location and make it a dying minute decision and make sure its open and public.
17.For girls ,if you must "diss" a guy that toasts you........
Wait oooo,i just dey type make i go create a new thread na,
Winetapper no vex,it will be "x more security tips",i will make referene in it to ur own thread
I will give honour to whom honour is due #ForMyBaby

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by damton(m): 7:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
Informative
Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by olurevelator(m): 7:08pm On Nov 19, 2015
know ur neighbours verywel, ole niwan

1 Like

Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by mrlaw93(m): 7:08pm On Nov 19, 2015
What of polytechnic students? undecided

2 Likes

Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by Optional2(f): 7:09pm On Nov 19, 2015
tnx

1 Like

Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 19, 2015
Good. Number 3 is especially important to girls, you could easily get raped and robbed. It's a perfect time because no one will come out to help.

Number 4 is more important for cultists. Anyone who knows your movement can easily arrange your hit. In NAU a guy that was popular then (not sure if he was a cultist) was killed because people knew his movement.

1 Like

Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by kingobozy: 7:10pm On Nov 19, 2015
Good points. I do number 8 most times. It keeps them guessing.

But the most important is to always commit your properties into the hands of Baba God. I'm not a religious man I just don't under estimate the God Factor.
Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by youngice(m): 7:10pm On Nov 19, 2015
keep late nights
Smoke weed
Patronize oloshos
Start gyming
Never go to class
Look unkempt and don't forget the dark shades
Always play loud Rick Ross songs with your equally loud friends
Never be caught listening to Katy Perry or watching glee
Have a mean Nick name like scorpion or cobra

Believe me if you do all this , even if you leave your door open an go to sleep no one wil Rob you

3 Likes

Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by 20bc(m): 7:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
No steal capon girlfriend oh.....

1 Like

Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by RealAdewole(m): 7:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
dont attend lectures
Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by Sunnycliff(m): 7:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
Yet students still fall victim!
Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by nairaman66(m): 7:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
Reality check!
Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by PLANETMARS(m): 7:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
To survive in my school u need one rule NO JOIN CULT
As for robbery,dem must rob u b4 u graduate na must.
Dem don steal my school fees,laptop even babe but I still dey ball. Beta to b a jew than to b chewed. #i rep AAU EKPOMA

2 Likes

Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by 20bc(m): 7:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
Know your way around town or else okada men go use you shine....
Don't ask too many questions or else anybody will just mark you as a freshman and start obtaining you every time
Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by RealAdewole(m): 7:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
dont do your assignment
Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
Endtime
Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by demarc001: 7:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
We hia!
Easy to say, difficult to keep to

Do this and your enemies go plenty
Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by ebonge1: 7:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
Talking From experience, Ryt?
Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by onosprince(m): 7:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
Dont join cult or you will not graduate
Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 19, 2015
OK seen.

Next please.
Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by Bollinger(m): 7:13pm On Nov 19, 2015
winetapper:

Written by : Winetapper
Cc.Lalasticlala,Dominique

Avoid going out alone. Go out with at least two or more people.

Never leave a drink unattended. If you do, go buy another one.

Avoid dark alleys.

Avoid the company of questionable individuals. It is not a must to be "cool".

Lol.....Every friday before we start the weekend, we always receive a safety brief. It's always good because there is always one thing that you'll take note that might save you money or your life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by sirnature: 7:14pm On Nov 19, 2015
Op comeooo u 4got chunchin

Avoid cohabitation.....A.K.A mummy and daddy

It can lead to financial embarrassment grin tongue

2 Likes

Re: 10 Security Tips For University Students by yyeanqah(m): 7:14pm On Nov 19, 2015
Endtime tips

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kwara State Polytechnic Reduces Tuition Fees / Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? / See What This Girl Posted On Her FB Timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.