Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Erdogan Urges United Muslim Front Against Terror - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Erdogan Urges United Muslim Front Against Terror (418 Views)

US Marine 'planned Christmas Day Terror Attack On San Francisco' / Terror Attack Hits London Again (Photos) / Russia Destroys Turkish Truck Convoy Headed For Syrian Militants -- Erdogan Sile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Erdogan Urges United Muslim Front Against Terror by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 19, 2015
ISTANBUL — Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Thursday called for a united front by Muslim leaders to fight extremism after the Paris attacks, warning that otherwise extremists will commit further atrocities. Erdogan warned that “calamities will happen again” if the rise of radical Islam is not halted in Europe, after the Paris attacks last Friday claimed by the Daesh group which killed 129 people and suicide bombings in Ankara that left 103 dead in October 10. “We are at a crossroads in the fight against terrorism after the Paris attacks,” Erdogan told a meeting of the Atlantic Council think-tank in Istanbul. “I strongly condemn the terrorists, who believe in the same religion as me, and I am calling on all leaders of Muslim countries to put up a united front,” he said. “If not, those who knocked on our door in Ankara, will knock on your door elsewhere, as they did in Paris.” Erdogan, a pious Muslim whose Justice and Development Party (AKP) spearheaded the rise of political Islam in Turkey, has long angrily dismissed suggestions that Ankara had colluded with Daesh in the Syrian civil war. Turkey has supported rebel groups throughout the over four years of conflict in Syria in the hope they can help oust President Bashar Al- Assad from power. But Erdogan lashed out at any notion “that all Muslims are terrorists,” saying: “Bad people can be Muslims as well as Christians and Jews.” “Those who demonise Islam by looking at Daesh are making a big mistake,” he said, using the Arabic acronym for IS. “Daesh has nothing to do with Islam.” — AFP saudigazette.com.sa/world/erdogan-urges-united-muslim-front-against-terror/
Re: Erdogan Urges United Muslim Front Against Terror by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
Missy89, Nairaminted, Appleyard over to you all.
Re: Erdogan Urges United Muslim Front Against Terror by Appleyard(m): 1:50am On Nov 21, 2015
I see. But i don't think erdogan is ready yet to fight extremism and terrorism. You cant be calling for a united front against terrorism and islamic extremism while openly aiding and abeting the same group of people in Syria, under the guise of moderate rebels. You cant eat ur cake and have it. It is either you bend or you break.
Nevertheless, ther is every need for all hands to be on in tackling the menace of islamic extremism.

(1) (Reply)

International Military Review - Syria-iraq Battlespace, Dec. 8, 2015 / Thai Man Faces 37 Years In Prison For ‘insulting’ The King’s Dog / Privatization Is The Atlanticist Strategy To Attack Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.