Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,641 members, 7,801,867 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

De Boer Lauds Messi Ahead Of Potential Clasico Return - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / De Boer Lauds Messi Ahead Of Potential Clasico Return (357 Views)

Pele Lauds Mbappe For Equaling His 60-year-old Record At World Cup 2018 / BREAKING: Crystal Palace Sack Frank De Boer After 77 Days As Coach / Lose One More Match And Get Fired, Crystal Palace Tell De Boer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

De Boer Lauds Messi Ahead Of Potential Clasico Return by Lanrexoyin: 5:44pm On Nov 19, 2015
The former Blaugrana defender has backed the Argentine to make the difference in a key Liga fixture, should he be ready to return in the Spanish capital

Lionel Messi can give Barcelona the Clasico edge if he makes his return from injury against Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabeu on Saturday, says former Barca captain Frank de Boer.

Messi is reported to be closing in on a comeback having been sidelined since sustaining knee ligament damage during September's 2-1 win over Las Palmas.

Fellow forwards Neymar and Luis Suarez have flourished in his absence to lead Luis Enrique's defending champions to the top of La Liga and De Boer feels the Argentina superstar's capacity to complement such talents is an enduring quality lacking in his long-time Madrid rival Cristiano Ronaldo.

"For me, my personal best player is Messi because he can do almost everything and so if I have to choose one as my favourite it's Messi," he told Omnisport.

"But Ronaldo, I take my hat off to him, because if you can manage to score so many goals every year and never be injured, I think you're also one of the best.

"So it's hard to choose, but if I have to pick one then I will take Messi. I like him more because he gives more.

"He gives 40 assists also in a year and makes [scores] fifty goals and that I like very much about him."
Re: De Boer Lauds Messi Ahead Of Potential Clasico Return by Tonel09(m): 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2015
Bad news for real Madrid....... Messi no get mercy for defenders

(1) (Reply)

NCAA Live Streaming Here / Comment If You Played This As A Kid / Yaya Toure Claims Winning Goal Against Swansea.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.