Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,043 members, 7,807,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

How Come When I Make a big pot of Big Egusi Soup It Comes Out Bitter? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Come When I Make a big pot of Big Egusi Soup It Comes Out Bitter? (6561 Views)

Woman Finds Salamander In Her Pot Of Soup (Photos) / Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup / See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Come When I Make a big pot of Big Egusi Soup It Comes Out Bitter? by onila(f): 6:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
but when I make small pot of egusi is taste good

but when I make a big pot of egusi, it taste bitter

what am I doing wrong?

is it that I cant make a big pot of egusi
but when I make a big pot of vegetable soup, it does not taste bitter
Re: How Come When I Make a big pot of Big Egusi Soup It Comes Out Bitter? by toby2(m): 6:16pm On Nov 19, 2015

1 Like

Re: How Come When I Make a big pot of Big Egusi Soup It Comes Out Bitter? by dajoaneke(m): 6:19pm On Nov 19, 2015
Next time cook several little pots of egusi and combine them in one big pot. Simple.
Ok, Seriously now. If u use bitter leaf in ur egusi, its possible you use what seem to be equivalent to the proportion of the big pot. My advice is, cut down on the use bitterleaf by half after thoroughly washing all bitterness
Good luck

1 Like

Re: How Come When I Make a big pot of Big Egusi Soup It Comes Out Bitter? by helen4(f): 6:24pm On Nov 19, 2015
I don't really know oo, but i guess the condiments you put in it is much since the soup is much. Then maybe the onion you used was too much as well because onion in egusi has to be minimal else it taste bitter.
Re: How Come When I Make a big pot of Big Egusi Soup It Comes Out Bitter? by jaymejate: 6:30pm On Nov 19, 2015
It's because you put too much onions. Reduce it and boil the egusi very well.
Re: How Come When I Make a big pot of Big Egusi Soup It Comes Out Bitter? by onila(f): 6:32pm On Nov 19, 2015
dajoaneke:
Next time cook several little pots of egusi and combine them in one big pot. Simple.
Ok, Seriously now. If u use bitter leaf in ur egusi, its possible you use what seem to be equivalent to the proportion of the big pot. My advice is, cut down on the use bitterleaf by half after thoroughly washing all bitterness
Good luck

ok. I will cut down on the bitter leaf

but i still use bitter leaf in the small pot and it does not get bitter
Re: How Come When I Make a big pot of Big Egusi Soup It Comes Out Bitter? by onila(f): 6:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
helen4:
I don't really know oo, but i guess the condiments you put in it is much since the soup is much. Then maybe the onion you used was too much as well because onion in egusi has to be minimal else it taste bitter.

but i use onions in the small pot
Re: How Come When I Make a big pot of Big Egusi Soup It Comes Out Bitter? by onila(f): 6:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
I will just make a small pot of egusi
Re: How Come When I Make a big pot of Big Egusi Soup It Comes Out Bitter? by kliq(m): 11:23pm On Nov 19, 2015
Bad cook
Re: How Come When I Make a big pot of Big Egusi Soup It Comes Out Bitter? by Nobody: 2:15am On Nov 20, 2015
onila:
I will just make a small pot of egusi
maybe it's because you don't use local/native pot

Re: How Come When I Make a big pot of Big Egusi Soup It Comes Out Bitter? by JiggamanGh: 8:09am On Nov 20, 2015
firstEVA:

What have you done with my brother?
Re: How Come When I Make a big pot of Big Egusi Soup It Comes Out Bitter? by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 20, 2015
JiggamanGh:

What have you done with my brother?
he has abandoned me cry words from the street is he has married a Ghana girl cry
Re: How Come When I Make a big pot of Big Egusi Soup It Comes Out Bitter? by helen4(f): 3:05pm On Nov 20, 2015
onila:

but i use onions in the small pot
yes, maybe the onion for the big pot is much than that of the small pot.
Re: How Come When I Make a big pot of Big Egusi Soup It Comes Out Bitter? by helen4(f): 3:07pm On Nov 20, 2015
firstEVA:
haba, you think so?
Re: How Come When I Make a big pot of Big Egusi Soup It Comes Out Bitter? by JiggamanGh: 10:03pm On Nov 20, 2015
firstEVA:
he has abandoned me cry words from the street is he has married a Ghana girl cry

I can't believe my bro got married without informing me.
Re: How Come When I Make a big pot of Big Egusi Soup It Comes Out Bitter? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 20, 2015
JiggamanGh:

I can't believe my bro got married without informing me.

cry
Re: How Come When I Make a big pot of Big Egusi Soup It Comes Out Bitter? by iykebest1(m): 7:51pm On Nov 21, 2015
You don't have the anointing of making big pot of egusi soup.

(1) (Reply)

Recipe For Chapman / The African Breadfruit Meal (ukwa) Is Highly Nutritious And Sweet No Be Small O! / Eating By Genotype

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.