Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

**=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** - Rap Battles (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** (2525 Views)

The Nairaland Rapbattles Newbies' Tourney -- Sign-up Thread. / |**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| / **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread (KOP 2015) **=^-** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by kr0ne(m): 10:01pm On Nov 19, 2015
joseph1832:
Seriously brah! Like seriously? This guy? Please check out my poem "The Joy Of Being Black" and please I urge you to have a rethink.
LOL! See, if we really want to start rating y'all by our own standard and criteria, I'd say none of you is dope at all. But then, on the other hand, I've noticed that some of you actually keep good record of rap artistes and give good analysis of their works better than some of us here. That, I respect.
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by llaykorn: 10:03pm On Nov 19, 2015
funlord:

Funlord, I didn't claim to be an authority in the game. I only aired my sincere view about you being fielded as a judge. So, why are all those questions about how many battles I've won popping up? So, I need to win a certain amount of battles before I can air my view about you not being competent to be a judge?

I have better things to do with my time than searching up your old threads, brother.

This is the last reply I'm typing for your sake on this thread.
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by joseph1832(m): 10:04pm On Nov 19, 2015
funlord:
grin

Coogar is man united brethren so he was not my target! The biggest fraud you guys have here is that "dark _wanker" that quoted my moniker when he is under strict orders from even "s.eun not to"!(Lol)

I will always disrespect him and treat him like a "little _bitch"! That's all he really is to dudes like me! Hilarious!!!
shocked Bro take a chill pill, life no get duplicate.
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by kr0ne(m): 10:09pm On Nov 19, 2015
Reyginus:
Krone, I have an idea for the God's Cypher. It will educate a lot and serve as reference for understanding certain gods. I will partake in it too.
Partake in the actual battle?
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by joseph1832(m): 10:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
kr0ne:

LOL! See, if we really want to start rating y'all by our own standard and criteria, I'd say none of you is dope at all. But then, on the other hand, I've noticed that some of you actually keep good record of rap artistes and give good analysis of their works better than some of us here. That, I respect.
Kindly elucidate on the embolden please.
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
kr0ne:

Partake in the actual battle?
Yeah. The God's Cypher. I want to toast something.
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 19, 2015
joseph1832:
I already advised you of the flaws of your Black poem but you don't really care.
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by joseph1832(m): 10:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
Reyginus:
I already advised you of the flaws of your Black poem but you don't really care.
Yes the flaws as perceived by an un-poetic mind. You never could seem to know that in poetry, one can say something is blue and mean it to be black.

Seriously llaykorn, this guy
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by kr0ne(m): 10:18pm On Nov 19, 2015
joseph1832:
I really can't explain in details, bro. grin But I think L-laykorn should understand what I mean. He used to be a no-rhyme, no-punchline-metaphor-wordplay poet. But he has really improved since he joined this section.
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 19, 2015
joseph1832:
Yes the flaws as perceived by an un-poetic mind. You never could seem to know that in poetry, one can say something is blue and mean it to be black.

Seriously llaykorn, this guy
Okay. Why not post the Poem so some other person will help cure my ignorance? If I'm wrong I will deactivate this account.
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by joseph1832(m): 10:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
kr0ne:

I really can't explain in details, bro. grin But I think L-laykorn should understand what I mean. He used to be a no-rhyme, no-punchline-metaphor-wordplay poet. But he has really improved since he joined this section.
Oh really, interesting, I didn't know llaykorn used to be a no-rhyme, no punchline, no metaphor-wordplay poet. Hmm. This is an eye opener.

Kindly check out my anthology of sex poems, one titled "If I Had Known" and see if you can identify the punch line. Its on the third page.
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by joseph1832(m): 10:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
Reyginus:
Okay. Why not post the Poem so some other person will help cure my ignorance? If I'm wrong I will deactivate this account.
I care not whether you deactivate your page or you didn't. Those who understand what poetry is about already vetted it, so please...

Have a nice night.
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by kr0ne(m): 10:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
joseph1832:
Oh really, interesting, I didn't know llaykorn used to be a no-rhyme, no punchline, no metaphor-wordplay poet. Hmm. This is an eye opener.

Kindly check out my anthology of sex poems, one titled "If I Had Known" and see if you can identify the punch line. Its on the third page.
Sex poems? grin Alright, I go peep am later. Drop link.
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 19, 2015
joseph1832:
I care not whether you deactivate your page or you didn't. Those who understand what poetry is about already vetted it, so please...

Have a nice night.
Okay. I will start reading you to understand what Poetry is all about.
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by joseph1832(m): 10:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
kr0ne:

Sex poems? grin Alright, I go peep am later. Drop link.
Hell no, the last time I posted a link about sex the anti spam bot banned me for it. So its a no no. If there's one thing I don't like is being ban. I'm addicted to Nairaland. grin llaykorn even told me I need rehab. LOL.
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
joseph1832:
Hell no, the last time I posted a link about sex the anti spam bot banned me for it. So its a no no. If there's one thing I don't like is being ban. I'm addicted to Nairaland. grin llaykorn even told me I need rehab. LOL.
Please help with it. I need it too. I just finished reading the ones on your first page.
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by joseph1832(m): 10:50pm On Nov 19, 2015
Reyginus:
Please help with it. I need it too. I just finished reading the ones on your first page.
Then since you're already there, you just need to click the 3rd page and scroll down, you can't miss it.
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 19, 2015
joseph1832:
Then since you're already there, you just need to click the 3rd page and scroll down, you can't miss it.
Okay.
If you don't mind, how do you write? Krone sorry o for your thread.
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by joseph1832(m): 10:58pm On Nov 19, 2015
Reyginus:
Okay.
If you don't mind, how do you write? Krone sorry o for your thread.
Oh men this is a drag...
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
joseph1832:
Oh men this is a drag...
Meaning?
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by Emaprince: 11:19pm On Nov 19, 2015
Hehe that is, these nuccas actually thought they are in poetry section? Ok na.
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by ELYMAXiimus(m): 11:39am On Nov 21, 2015
Joseph, reygenius, funlord and co should be aware that this tourney is mainly hiphop inclined, but with poetry infused in it (just like Nas does his thing wink)....

You have to flow, rhyme (multis. Monosyllables will be highly frowned upon), play with words(if you can), use similies and metaphors (these are necessary). Then you can go literary; put your readers in the mood that syncs with the title using euphemism, personification, oenormatopia(pardon my spelling), hyperbole, etc.
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by kr0ne(m): 1:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
List of judges for the KOP 2015 tourney:

Sinizia

Funlord

Guykhena

Reyginus

Krone

Adanna28

Judging Criteria

Creativity - 2 points

Entertainment (depending on topic) - 2 points

Rhymes - 2 points

Flow - 1 point

Consistency on Topic - 3 points

Vocabulary - 2 points (depending on topic) - 2 points

Emotion (depending on topic) - 2 points

Imagery (depending on topic) - 2 points

Please remember that every judge would be asked to provide a topic for a particular battle and he/she should select the criteria suitable for his/her topic. The criteria with brackets are not compulsory.
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by funlord(m): 1:19pm On Nov 25, 2015
kr0ne:
List of judges for the KOP 2015 tourney:

Sinizia

Funlord

Guykhena

Reyginus

Krone

Adanna28

Judging Criteria

Creativity - 2 points

Entertainment (depending on topic) - 2 points

Rhymes - 2 points

Flow - 1 point

Consistency on Topic - 3 points

Vocabulary - 2 points (depending on topic) - 2 points

Emotion (depending on topic) - 2 points

Imagery (depending on topic) - 2 points

Please remember that every judge would be asked to provide a topic for a particular battle and he/she should select the criteria suitable for his/her topic. The criteria with brackets are not compulsory.

When is the tourney?
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by sinizia: 1:43pm On Nov 25, 2015
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by Jason21(m): 12:42pm On Nov 28, 2015
sinizia:
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!
my topic?
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by sinizia: 1:16pm On Nov 28, 2015
Jason21:
my topic?
Give me few mins to come up with a topic, I'm on the road.
Re: **=^-** NL King Of Poet Sign Up Thread For Judges (KOP 2015) **-^=** by kr0ne(m): 8:52am On Dec 07, 2015
Guykhena, please, help us draft next fixtures for the KOP. To resume Wednesday. Thanks, bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eldoublo Vs Po-deep The Scared One Should Not Back Out . / Is Kabex A Rapper Or Noise Maker? / "star Warz - The Pro Elite Version "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.