Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" (6786 Views)

What Did Radio Biafra Say About Buhari-kachichukwu Meeting? / Igbo Group Holds Rally In Support Of President Buhari in Abuja (photos) / James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 22, 2015
Mopolchi:
Echerem na asusu anyi ebe a bu Igbo mana ndi be anyi no ebea na-asu olu mba ozo. Nkea jooburu onwe ya. Suonu Igbo bikonu. K'anyi kwadoonu asusu be anyi. O etu a k'anyi ga-esi we bi na Biafra nkea anyi na-achosi ike ugbua. Bikonu gbanu mgbo suonu Igbo.

Nwanne, jide nke iji. Okwu gi di ezigbo nma.

Asusu Igbo amaka.
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 22, 2015
Obiobi8:
interesting post..

Igbo kwenu!! Cha Cha Cha Igbo kwenu!! Cha Cha Cha Igbo kwenu!! Kwezuonu!!

Ha muru m na ala beke..
Anam anu asusu anyi ofuma mana aga m agbali..

Ewelun iwe biko..

Na ihe basara nke Biafra, a bum onye na cho udo..
O dighi mkpa ma anyi zara Nigeria ma o bu anyi zara Biafra..

Amaghi m ma unu na a ghota ihe m na ekwu..

Ihe di mkpa bu ka anyi si emeso mmadu nile ofuma, na-enweghi ihe ike..
Ma kwuputa ndi Idbo, ma kwuputa ndi ozo..

Biafra bu nnoo na-akpata..
Obuna obere nwa takere maara nke a..
Mana ndi na a bulie olu maka Biafra ha na eme ezi ihe..

Ha na onwe ha na- egbu ozi ha..

Maka ndi na-ario, abu m onye Orlu no na Imo State mana ha muru m na Italy..
Am na agu university na England ubua mana achoro m ige na ala ndi ebe anyi mbe emecha m university..

Nwanne, Ihe Oma mekwere gi. Okwu gi di nma.

Gusiwa-kwa akwukwo gi ike..

Udo diri gi.
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by BENARI: 12:34pm On Nov 22, 2015
Am an Igbo man and am not buying the biafra crab. If you doubt my igbo origin, read through my previous post.

Imagine a socalled biafran extolling Anambra above all other igbo states. Is that how the biafra will make the socalled huge strides. (Nonsense)

Biafra my foot. Bunch of assuming people.

If igbos are truly wise as we usually claim we are, why not we carve a niche for ourselves as other tribes are doing rather than cowardly looking for an independent state first before we start doing the right things(excuse for failure).

Enough of this biafra rubbish and attracting hatred to those of us who have accepted reality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 22, 2015
Biafra is my hope. I am 100% in support of Biafra.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Mopolchi: 4:54pm On Nov 22, 2015
krusdamax:

Nwanne, jide nke iji. Okwu gi di ezigbo nma.
Asusu Igbo amaka.
Daaluso!
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by OreMI22: 5:12pm On Nov 22, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
I really want to know if there are Igbos here who do not support the realization of Biafra . Are there such Igbos in the house ?If you do not support the movement , state your reasons . If you do , tell us why you want Biafra .
[size=14pt][b]The impression that Igbos have suddenly decided not to embrace Nigeria is FALSE.

Igbos founded Nigeria's independence and invested most heavily in areas of Nigeria outside their homeland because they believed in Nigeria, even when the others have NEVER believed in Nigeria.People like Muhammadu Buhari that oppress Igbos today, did not even know how much sacrifice Igbo politicians made for the independence of Nigeria.

Igbos are only asking to be treated as EQUAL citizens of Nigeria and not 5th class citizens. Since, Nigeria flatly and callously denied their request to be treated fairly as citizens of Nigeria, Igbos are compelled to determine their own future in another country away from Nigeria's predatory slave-master relationship.

Those northern boys threatening fire and brimstone should get ready to fight. In any case, our people still deaf to the idea of leaving the north should at least acquire some guns and machetes, in order to defend themselves when the northern mob comes for them.

As for the impression that we will somehow give in to northern threats/blackmail and remain in Nigeria as slaves because of our peoples' property who had been adamant about living in the north, you must be totally mistaken. [/b]
[/size]
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:51pm On Nov 23, 2015
More opinions please
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:36am On Nov 24, 2015
cc : plaetton ... nna tinye okwu ebe a smiley
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:49am On Nov 24, 2015
OreMI22:
[size=14pt][b]The impression that Igbos have suddenly decided not to embrace Nigeria is FALSE.

Igbos founded Nigeria's independence and invested most heavily in areas of Nigeria outside their homeland because they believed in Nigeria, even when the others have NEVER believed in Nigeria.People like Muhammadu Buhari that oppress Igbos today, did not even know how much sacrifice Igbo politicians made for the independence of Nigeria.

Igbos are only asking to be treated as EQUAL citizens of Nigeria and not 5th class citizens. Since, Nigeria flatly and callously denied their request to be treated fairly as citizens of Nigeria, Igbos are compelled to determine their own future in another country away from Nigeria's predatory slave-master relationship.

Those northern boys threatening fire and brimstone should get ready to fight. In any case, our people still deaf to the idea of leaving the north should at least acquire some guns and machetes, in order to defend themselves when the northern mob comes for them.

As for the impression that we will somehow give in to northern threats/blackmail and remain in Nigeria as slaves because of our peoples' property who had been adamant about living in the north, you must be totally mistaken. [/b]
[/size]

So you as a true Biafran are ready to take what is yours through any means including violence ?
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by plaetton: 8:09am On Nov 24, 2015
I think everyone is missing the point of this Biafra movement.
And I think it is because we suffer from acute amnesia in this country, and that we are dishonest, even to ourselves.

Secondly, I also blame, once again, our educational system that doesn't teach young people important things of value.

Those who ignore history are condemned to repeat it.
Our lack of appreciation of history is the reason we keep going round in circles since Independence.

Biafra was a watershed in Nigeria's infancy. Unlike other civilised nations that study, learn and correct, we shove the underlying issues of Biafra under the carpet, pretend that it didn't happen , it didn't happen the way it did, or that it was simply Ojukwus fault,.Case closed.

I see the current Biafra movement, not as a precursor to actual statehood or tribal war. Far from it.

I see it as a ghost issue, a restless ghost that will always haunt this federal contraption unless it is honestly addressed and properly buried.

It surprises me that people view this movement narrowly as a bunch rascally Igbos stirring trouble, rather than a civil rights, Nigerian rights movement that it is.

For the past 55 yrs, Nigeria's leaders, one group after after another , have been betraying all of us , so much to the point where they count on and rely upon our timidity, cowardice and docility to rob us in ever more brazen ways.

They have conditioned us to even scorn those who may, from time to time, raise up a voice against the fraudulent system.

Leaders Need To Fear The People They Govern.

The Biafran movement is a one of a kind movement in modern Nigeria.
It is long overdue.

Don't be fooled by the name Biafra.
Biafra is for Shock value, to get everyone's attention.

It is a Nigerian movement. It should be.

For all those who have been clamoring for a total revolution to reconfigure this richly diverse and endowed nation, this Biafra movement might just be the precursor, the starting point.

Fear not my fellow citizens.

This movement, beyond the exaggerated rhetorics and macho posturings, lies the truths , the keys to our March to true nationhood as one Nigeria.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by hahn(m): 8:17am On Nov 24, 2015
plaetton:
And I think it is because we suffer from acute amnesia in this country, and that we are dishonest, even to ourselves.

Secondly, I also blame, once again, our educational system that doesn't teach young people important things of value.

Our lack of appreciation of history is the reason we keep going round in circles since Independence.

Biafra was a watershed in Nigeria's infancy. Unlike other civilised nations that study, learn and correct, we shove the underlying issues of Biafra under the carpet, pretend that it didn't happen , it didn't happen the way it did, or that it was simply Ojukwus fault,.Case closed.

I see the current Biafra movement, not as a precursor to actual statehood or tribal war. Far from it.

I see it as a ghost issue, a restless ghost that will always haunt this federal contraption unless it is honestly addressed and properly buried.

It surprises me that people view this movement narrowly as a bunch rascally Igbos stirring trouble, rather than a civil rights, Nigerian rights movement that it is.

For the past 55 yrs, Nigeria's leaders, one group after after another , have been betraying all of us , so much to the point where they count on and rely upon our timidity, cowardice and docility to rob us in ever more brazen ways.

They have conditioned us to even scorn those who may, from time to time, raise up a voice against the fraudulent system.

It is long overdue.

For all those who have been clamoring for a total revolution to reconfigure this richly diverse and endowed nation, this Biafra movement might just be the precursor, the starting point.

This movement, beyond the exaggerated rhetorics and macho posturings, lies the truths , the keys to our March to true nationhood as one Nigeria.

Bro, the Biafra struggle has actually lost it's significance because as a people, we have chosen to simply ignore what happened during the civil war. The civil war is not taught in schools and no one really talks about it aside from when Ibo parents pass the story down to their kids. It's the elephant in the room and considering the fact that we live in a country that is known for evading the truth and promoting lies it is really going to be a herculean task to overcome.

Also, the tribalistic sentiments displayed by both Biafra supporters and other tribes has kinda relegated the Biafra issue into a league of "their problem" instead of "our problem".

This country's case is really pathetic undecided

1 Like

Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 24, 2015
Cuckoo48:
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Team #IamIgboNotBiafra!!! I love Nigeria. Biafra gba kwa okwu.

We know ur kind nah, Yoruba igbo. Relax, u can stay away from biafra wen it comes.
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:32am On Nov 24, 2015
hahn:

Bro, the Biafra struggle has actually lost it's significance because as a people, we have chosen to simply ignore what happened during the civil war. The civil war is not taught in schools and no one really talks about it aside from when Ibo parents pass the story down to their kids. It's the elephant in the room and considering the fact that we live in a country that is known for evading the truth and promoting lies it is really going to be a herculean task to overcome.

very wrong . I learnt about the civil war in sec schl though I read books and was told stories about the war .

Also, the tribalistic sentiments displayed by both Biafra supporters and other tribes has kinda relegated the Biafra issue into a league of "their problem" instead of "our problem".

This country's case is really pathetic undecided

Biafra is Nigeria's "problem" that's why Nnamdi Kalu was arrested
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 24, 2015
dinachi:

The truth is that by 2023, power will come back to the south and the only block that have not tasted it is the south-east but this Biafra agitations will be used to deny us the ticket. It is not the same with Niger -delta. They are clamouring for resource control BUT inside Nigeria. Honestly, the niger-Deltans are by far smarter than us politically!

Ur the S.I unit of a foooooool. The power is not coming to SE in 2023 n u know that, u weren't born today.

D igbos didn't even get any appointment under buhari n ur here talking about presidential ticket.

In fact u didn't even talk about igbo vice president, ur here talking about presidency.

Please boy, grow up.
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by hahn(m): 8:36am On Nov 24, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

very wrong . I learnt about the civil war in sec schl though I read books and was told stories about the war .

We were all taught the basics in school but did you learn about the underlying politics behind it and the eventual murder and discrimination against Ibos in the west and north? I only read about that after I left school.

Biafra is Nigeria's "problem" that's why Nnamdi Kalu was arrested

Well, Nigeria doesn't have a reputation for being a country that calls a spade a spade
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 24, 2015
johnydon22:
[b] There is nothing i love more than the Igbo people so i am up for what ever makes them happy and at peace..

I have several reasons why i entertain thoughts of actualization of Biafra as a sovereign independent state..

- Nigeria as an entity is a shaky and unstable one, it was built on selfish interest of the British government to relieve Northern protectorate from the pay roll of the British treasury in management.

So the structure was not first and fore-most built on the willful unanimous agreement between all the ethnic groups involved but by just British wish and purpose.

-The violent tendency of every ethnic group against one another, the resentment and bitterness.. Competition that should brew development brought about envy and outright hatred among the tribes.

- We are not practising true federalism.. Nigerian as a federal system of government should be a home for all. An hausa man in the east should be at home as much as he is in the north, same goes for a yoruba man in the north or igbo man in the east.

But this is not the case, An igbo man in the north is made to feel like an immigrant instead of feeling like a Nigerian in Nigeria.

Ojukwu's words in Aburi comes to mind "Let us go further apart and be together than come closer together and clash" when he proposed confederal system of government .

- Unwillingness of the ethnic groups to bond with each other..

-Ethnic violence of which Igbos have mostly being victims of in many part of Nigeria

Personally i feel the need for the actualization of Biafra because this is not only an unpleasant union for every party but seems like a forced one.

It is better we go further apart and be at peace with ourselves and each other than be together and always be at each other's neck.

I support the actualization of BIAFRA Or the restructuring of the entity Nigeria this time a consensus between all the ethnic groups involved for us to tell ourselves the truth.. "To be or not to be"

if "to be" then we fuuckinng start acting like it..

But i do not support any form of violence in the actualization of Biafra or any course, Peaceful and diplomatic solutions perhaps a REFERENDUM to be sure of what the people wants.

[/b]

We all want a referendum, who d hell wants to fight a war, No trophies are shared to d winners of war.

But we all know wella that nigeria can NEVER give us a referendum
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 24, 2015
illiad:

Personally I am yet to listen to radio Biafra, but if what they say about how he abuses people is true then he must make amend on that aspect.

Those abusing is for igbo awakening n it worked perfectly well.

It's actually a type of brainwashing.
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:44am On Nov 24, 2015
plaetton:

Great comment by the way . But do the above sentences imply that Biafra may not be actualized but could be a tool/bait to awaken the Federal government or attract its undivided attention towards the affairs of the Igbos who have been marginalized , neglected since Nigeria's independence ? Do you think Nnamdi is actually using the movement as a medium to gain FG's attention to the ailing state of the 'Igbo nation' or does he have REAL or ACTUAL plans to pressure the FG so Biafra can gain her independence
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:51am On Nov 24, 2015
chuna1985:

We all want a referendum, who d hell wants to fight a war, No trophies are shared to d winners of war.

But we all know wella that nigeria can NEVER give us a referendum

Who will vote Nigerians or the Nigerian senate ?
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by plaetton: 9:11am On Nov 24, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Great comment by the way . But do the above sentences imply that Biafra may not be actualized but could be a tool/bait to awaken the Federal government or attract its undivided attention towards the affairs of the Igbos who have been marginalized , neglected since Nigeria's independence ? Do you think Nnamdi is actually using the movement as a medium to gain FG's attention to the ailing state of the 'Igbo nation' or does he have REAL or ACTUAL plans to pressure the FG so Biafra can gain her independence

Whether intentional or not, that should be the end result.
To awaken and agitate the government to the anger and power of angry people, not just Igbo people, the entire Nigeria.
Governments have taken docile cowardly Nigerians for granted for far too long.

I do not foresee the actualization of Biafra as nation.
But just imagine if every ethnic nationality starts similar movements.
It may lead to the much awaited moment of Truth, where we sit and fashion a workable federation in honesty.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by dinachi(m): 9:13am On Nov 24, 2015
chuna1985:

Ur the S.I unit of a foooooool. The power is not coming to SE in 2023 n u know that, u weren't born today.

D igbos didn't even get any appointment under buhari n ur here talking about presidential ticket.

In fact u didn't even talk about igbo vice president, ur here talking about presidency.

Please boy, grow up.
Compound fool, keep masturbating, keep limiting yourself instead of throwing away your inferiority complex. Ijaw people have taken the presidency,you are still talking about vice presidency. That is the main problem with Biafran agitators,inferiority complex. Even Ijaw people are becoming more politically courageous than some of my clownish brothers!
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 24, 2015
dinachi:
Compound fool, keep masturbating, keep limiting yourself instead of throwing away your inferiority complex. Ijaw people have taken the presidency,you are still talking about vice presidency. That is the main problem with Biafran agitators,inferiority complex. Even Ijaw people are becoming more politically courageous than some of my clownish brothers!

Which rubbish u de talk dis small boy, the its public knowledge that ijaw people didn't take presidency, GEJ was picked by obasanjo (as a puppet) to be vice president. Yaraduas death made him president n he was disgraced in d last election. Yoruba n Hausa showedthe ijaw that they are nothing in nigeria. If not for igbo votes, GEJ would have failed badly in d election.

Ijaws are not becoming politically courageous, they have been ousted from office n they will not ever smell that seat for a very very long time.

Once again, grow up.
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 24, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Who will vote Nigerians or the Nigerian senate ?

A biafra referendum is what we could possibly get n its the biafrans that will vote.
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:41pm On Nov 24, 2015
smiley
Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by Nobody: 2:13am On Nov 26, 2015
plaetton:

It is long overdue.

Damn!!
This is scary. These were some points I made while discussing with a friend last night.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" by plaetton: 6:46am On Nov 26, 2015
musKeeto:

Damn!!
This is scary. These were some points I made while discussing with a friend last night.

Great minds, unencumbered minds think alike
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video Evidence: When Buhari Promised To Make $1 Equal N1 In 2015. / Just One Billion Would Round Nigeria Population Five Times / Sri Lanka Attack: Nigerians React As Isa Pantami's Old Tweet Resurfaced (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.