Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,122 members, 7,807,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

How NFF Defrauded Me 13 Years Ago - New Sports Minister - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How NFF Defrauded Me 13 Years Ago - New Sports Minister (551 Views)

How NFF Mismanaged N251m From FIFA / John Obi Mikel Changes His Name After Nigeria Mistake 13 Years Ago / Profile Of The New Sports Minister, Solomon Dalong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How NFF Defrauded Me 13 Years Ago - New Sports Minister by Opetech(m): 7:34pm On Nov 19, 2015
The new sports minister, Solomon Dalong, has vowed to tackle corruption, saying he has once be a victim of the corruption in the sports industry.

The minister who described corruption as the bane of development, not just in the sports sector but in Nigeria as a whole, narrated how the Nigerian Football Federation fleeced him of $6, 600.

Narrating, Dalong said, as a member of the Federal government delegation to the 2002 Africa Nations Cup in Mali, he was informed at Abuja of being entitled to the sum of $7,000, but was paid only $400 by the NFF. The lawyer, added that he had to turn from a refugee in Mali to organising international launch from his friends to for him to survive and return to the country.

According to him, Nigeria lost the match in Mali because of the tradition of a player making some concession of $2,000 from his allowance of $5,000 to the team before he will be featured, adding that those who did not succumb were not allow to appear in the match.

http://trendysports.com.ng/how-nff-defrauded-me-13-years-ago-sports-minister-solomon-dalong/
Re: How NFF Defrauded Me 13 Years Ago - New Sports Minister by Chanchit: 7:37pm On Nov 19, 2015
Mehn, make I book this plot. Komme ich zuruck.
Re: How NFF Defrauded Me 13 Years Ago - New Sports Minister by Chanchit: 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2015
That's why SE or any tournament Nigeria crash out would not be a big deal for me, why would a Coach collect bribe, field nonentities then lose match, who come dey crase if I no gree chop or start crying or change mood when the coach no wish him self well, the only reason I can feel bad is If I stake my money on Nigeria, but doing that now is at your own risk. So If they win, we go clap for them and if dem lose all join.
Re: How NFF Defrauded Me 13 Years Ago - New Sports Minister by Opetech(m): 10:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
Predict and win cash prizes!!!

Re: How NFF Defrauded Me 13 Years Ago - New Sports Minister by kento12: 10:46pm On Nov 19, 2015
corruption has been Nigeria's problem since 1914

(1) (Reply)

Lewandowski Gets Awarded With Guinness World Records Titles (pics) / Man Utd Down,2 To Go. Premiership Is The Most Overrated League / Photos:african U-23 Dream Team Champions Return To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.