Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,452 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

My Review of The Phantom 5 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Review of The Phantom 5 (13057 Views)

My Review Of Mtn Data Plans! / My Review Of The Tecno Phantom 6+ Nougat Update / Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Review of The Phantom 5 by Marvell23(m): 11:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
The phantom 5 as we all know has been in the market for some weeks now. I decided to get one for myself to actually know if it's worth the hype it's generating in the media.
It's over two weeks now since I bought the phantom 5. So let's start with the review

What you get in the box

A flip cover with a microSIM adapter and ejector
HIFI earphones and Charger
Warranty card, user manual and a palmchat starter card

Behold The Awesome design

It comes with a metalic finish that is beautifully crafted,sleek and elegant. Each time I brought out the phone in the public it gets stares. People always ask which phone is this, my answer is it's the latest Tecno flagship of the year and is called Phantom 5

Excellent Display

The phone features a 5.5 inch LCD, full HD display with a pixel density of 401ppi. The screen is protected by corny gorilla glass 3. Pictures appear so vivid and colourful. It's great in watching movies.
The touch screen fluidity is out of this world just like the one you find on the IPhone. People who handle the phone attest to the fact that touch screen is excellent .I tested the multi-touch capability , it recognises the ten fingers I place on it.

This is an area I found the Tecno phantom 5 clearly above the Elephone P7000 which isn't fluid when scrolling through web pages

The King of Entertainment
The phantom 5 boasts of quality audio output both from the speakers and the HIFI headphones. To be honest with you guys, this is one of the best headphones I have used so far. The Dolby sound system does the work amazingly well. I compared the audio quality with tecno boom J7, and it outmatches the Boom J7 in audio rendition

There are music player and boom player music app being developed by Tecno on the phantom 5 too. The boom player takes of the entertainment bit by providing access to music from African artists as well as global stars. The tecno ownthestage show can also be watched live from the boom player app

I plugged it to my home theater and the quality of the sound was just too amazing. I was blown away. If you have got the phantom 5 ,try it out on your home theatre and see for yourself.

Amazing Cameras

It comes with 13MP rear camera with dual flash and 8MP front camera with flash.
The speed of the camera is very fast, capable of capturing fast -moving objects. The cameras has been so impressive for me. I wasn't expecting this level of quality grade from the camera looking back at Tecno camera in the past.
I took some pictures with both the front and back cameras, you can judge by yourself

Multitasking and gaming made Easy
It comes with a 64-bit octa -core processor clocked at 1.3Ghz paired with 3GB of RAM. Apps and games run smoothly. I opened like 38 apps and no lag was experienced. I left it over night and was amazed to see GTA and FIFA 14 resumed without lag

Storage
It has 32GB of internal memory and can be extended to 128GB external

Fingerprint Security
The presence of fingerprint technology on the phantom 5 is tecno's first. I must say i enjoy using this feature every time and is becoming part of me. Infact I at times put my finger on the back camera of my infinix Hot note mistaking it for fingerprint sensor.
The fingerprint sensor works well and can store up to five fingerprints

Battery
The battery for me is averagely ok . It takes me almost a day on constant usage.

My Opinion
The phone seems to work perfectly for me nw.No wonder it's generating so much buzz in the media.I believe it's worth the price it's been sold. I will gladly recommend it for anyone that can afford it.
what do you guys thinks about this phone?
Feel free to ask me any questions about the phone

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Marvell23(m): 11:20pm On Nov 19, 2015
The speed of the camera is very fast, capable of capturing fast -moving objects. The cameras has been so impressive for me. I wasn't expecting this level of quality grade from the camera looking back at Tecno camera in the past.
I took some pictures with both the front and back cameras, you can judge by yourself

selfie pix

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Marvell23(m): 11:23pm On Nov 19, 2015
the Dolby sound system

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Marvell23(m): 11:26pm On Nov 19, 2015
There's Data management that helps you to prevents some apps accessing your data

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Marvell23(m): 11:29pm On Nov 19, 2015
you can lock your data and favorite apps using patterns or through the fingerprint Security .

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Marvell23(m): 11:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
There's MiraVision that helps you to adjust how sharp and colourful pictures appear on the phantom 5

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Marvell23(m): 11:39pm On Nov 19, 2015
you can change fonts on the phantom 5

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by PhonePlanet(m): 11:40pm On Nov 19, 2015
"""I opened like 38 apps
and no lag was experienced. I left it over night
and was amazed to see GTA and FIFA 14
resumed without lag"""

Even s6 edge can't do this.

And most phones even below 70k can do all these stuffs.

talk thru, you work for tecno abi?

3 Likes

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Marvell23(m): 11:47pm On Nov 19, 2015
The Battery life is also very good. Infact it lasts more than my Innjoo fire plus

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Marvell23(m): 11:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
Behold the Phantom 5

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by ITbomb(m): 11:56pm On Nov 19, 2015
Nice hands-on experience
See how it compares to Xiaomi Mi4 on http://www.ityunit.com/2015/11/comparative-review-of-xiaomi-redmi-mi4.html

1 Like

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Marvell23(m): 12:03am On Nov 20, 2015
The rear camera samples are too large to be uploaded here, so I will be cropping them

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by gabylzy(m): 12:08am On Nov 20, 2015
Marvell23:
The rear camera samples are too large to be uploaded here, so I will be cropping them

damn.....dats crystal clear
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Nobody: 12:16am On Nov 20, 2015
PhonePlanet:
"""I opened like 38 apps
resumed without lag"""

Marvell23:
The phantom 5 as we all know has been in the market for some weeks now. I decided to get one for myself to actually know if it's worth the hype it's generating in the media.
It's over two weeks now since I bought the phantom 5. So let's start with the review
What you get in the box
A flip cover with a microSIM adapter and ejector
HIFI earphones and Charger
Warranty card, user manual and a palmchat starter card
Behold The Awesome design
It comes with a metalic finish that is beautifully crafted,sleek and elegant. Each time I brought out the phone in the public it gets stares. People always ask which phone is this, my answer is it's the latest Tecno flagship of the year and is called Phantom 5
Excellent Display
The phone features a 5.5 inch LCD, full HD display with a pixel density of 401ppi. The screen is protected by corny gorilla glass 3. Pictures appear so vivid and colourful. It's great in watching movies.
The touch screen fluidity is out of this world just like the one you find on the IPhone. People who handle the phone attest to the fact that touch screen is excellent .I tested the multi-touch capability , it recognises the ten fingers I place on it.
This is an area I found the Tecno phantom 5 clearly above the Elephone P7000 which isn't fluid when scrolling through web pages
The King of Entertainment
The phantom 5 boasts of quality audio output both from the speakers and the HIFI headphones. To be honest with you guys, this is one of the best headphones I have used so far. The Dolby sound system does the work amazingly well. I compared the audio quality with tecno boom J7, and it outmatches the Boom J7 in audio rendition
There are music player and boom player music app being developed by Tecno on the phantom 5 too. The boom player takes of the entertainment bit by providing access to music from African artists as well as global stars. The tecno ownthestage show can also be watched live from the boom player app
I plugged it to my home theater and the quality of the sound was just too amazing. I was blown away. If you have got the phantom 5 ,try it out on your home theatre and see for yourself.
Amazing Cameras
Multitasking and gaming made Easy
It comes with a 64-bit octa -core processor clocked at 1.3Ghz paired with 3GB of RAM. Apps and games run smoothly. I opened like 38 apps and no lag was experienced. I left it over night and was amazed to see GTA and FIFA 14 resumed without lag
Storage
It has 32GB of internal memory and can be extended to 128GB external
Fingerprint Security
The presence of fingerprint technology on the phantom 5 is tecno's first. I must say i enjoy using this feature every time and is becoming part of me. Infact I at times put my finger on the back camera of my infinix Hot note mistaking it for fingerprint sensor.
The fingerprint sensor works well and can store up to five fingerprints
Battery
The battery for me is averagely ok . It takes me almost a day on constant usage.
My Opinion
The phone seems to work perfectly for me nw.No wonder it's generating so much buzz in the media.I believe it's worth the price it's been sold. I will gladly recommend it for anyone that can afford it.
what do you guys thinks about this phone?
Feel free to ask me any questions about the phone
PhonePlanet:
"""I opened like 38 apps
resumed without lag"""

You can open a million accounts and have tomes of conversations with yourself but you're fooling no one but yourself.

20 Likes

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by luckshine: 12:17am On Nov 20, 2015
the truth is dat those dat re bad mouthing phone na money dem no get to buy am because no body no like better thing

2 Likes

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by luckshine: 12:18am On Nov 20, 2015
the truth is dat those dat re bad mouthing this phone na money dem no get to buy am because no body make no like better thing
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by invisibility: 7:32am On Nov 20, 2015
I like the data management part. Gionee M3 mini also has it.

Any Phone that fails to have this important feature in a data draining Android OS has not really began.

1 Like

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Kamaye(m): 7:42am On Nov 20, 2015
Nobody is doubting the capability of Phantom 5, after all it has a 3gb ram 2.0ghz Octa-core 64bit so basically it's an excellent device but the the bottom line here is that it is overpriced simple! There are many Chinese phones with world wide recognition while Tecno is still unknown outside Africa, those Chinese companies offer better specs and performance yet below 50k. If Tecno wants to go premium like samsung, Sony, apple etc issokay but this is not the right way and certainly not the right time.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 20, 2015
PhonePlanet:
"""I opened like 38 apps
resumed without lag"""

so anybody wey do review work for tecno abi, guy go siddon.
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by invisibility: 10:05am On Nov 20, 2015
Kamaye:
Nobody is doubting the capability of Phantom 5, after all it has a 3gb ram 2.0ghz Octa-core 64bit so basically it's an excellent device but the the bottom line here is that it is overpriced simple! There are many Chinese phones with world wide recognition while Tecno is still unknown outside Africa, those Chinese companies offer better specs and performance yet below 50k. If Tecno wants to go premium like samsung, Sony, apple etc issokay but this is not the right way and certainly not the right time.

Excellent observation. The outrageously high price is a turn off.

3 Likes

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Xhaka(m): 10:31am On Nov 20, 2015
Awesome phone. It works great all the time, never freezes and works as more than just a phone, Great apps too.
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by kolexepana: 10:55am On Nov 20, 2015
Tecno has set the standard for smartphones! half the reason to get it is because you would have the Boom player at your fingertips.
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Marvell23(m): 11:16am On Nov 20, 2015
Kamaye:
Yes I know that bro. But do these OEMs pay taxes in Nigeria, do they pay workers. In the case of Tecno do you know how many retail outlets they have? Each of the retail outlets employ Nigerians. If you are comparing OEMs, compare the one that does business here in Nigeria with service centres
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Frontier2: 11:28am On Nov 20, 2015
Marvell23:
the Dolby sound system

I like the dolby sound system
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by benigneOne(f): 11:40am On Nov 20, 2015
Karmanaut:

You can open a million accounts and have tomes of conversations with yourself but you're fooling no one but yourself.

No you're the one one fooling himself, since you can't see a good thing & speak the truth. Waste

2 Likes

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by benigneOne(f): 11:46am On Nov 20, 2015
This is an indepth review, kudos op.
So far I haven't heard anyone complain about this phone. You don't expect to buy a phone like this for a penny. Let's be realistic
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 20, 2015
benigneOne:

No you're the one one fooling himself, since you can't see a good thing & speak the truth. Waste
Guilty conscience.
I didn't even mention your username.
Tecno marketer.
Go and find a better job.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Youngpo413: 11:59am On Nov 20, 2015
Nice one.
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by henry007(m): 11:59am On Nov 20, 2015
I can lock apps with finger print shocked shocked shocked,

i have the phantom 5 but i didn't know about this. ope o.

would i be able to use whatsapp on the web after locking it tho?

1 Like

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by benigneOne(f): 12:28pm On Nov 20, 2015
Karmanaut:
Guilty conscience. I didn't even mention your username. Tecno marketer. Go and find a better job.
K.
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by benigneOne(f): 12:31pm On Nov 20, 2015
henry007:
I can lock apps with finger print shocked shocked shocked,

i have the phantom 5 but i didn't know about this. ope o.

would i be able to use whatsapp on the web after locking it tho?

Lock apps ?? This is new & very good too

Who even knows how many other hidden treasures the phantom 5 has in it.
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Maximum83: 1:14pm On Nov 20, 2015
What a great review you have got here. I can see that the phone delivers premium performance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Can One Get A Good Powerbank / What Did Apple Really Invent? / Please Who Knows The Phone HOTWAV?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.