Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Kogi 2015:why Audu Will Defeat Wada - Naijatalktown - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi 2015:why Audu Will Defeat Wada - Naijatalktown (1122 Views)

Kogi 2015: Faleke Writes Oyegun, Rejects Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement / Kogi 2015 Governorship Election Result (Pictured) / Kogi Guber: Audu Will Return The N11bn He Stole If Elected - APC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi 2015:why Audu Will Defeat Wada - Naijatalktown by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 19, 2015
With the stage set for saturday's governorship election in Kogi, Capt. Idris Wada (PDP) and Prince Abubakar Audu (APC) are the most candidates heading to the polls but Audu is more likely to beat Wada for certain reasons.

Performance

Prince Abubakar Audu lost his re-election bid 12 years ago and so he shouldn't be here seeking the people's mandate. 12 years is enough for the people of Kogi to forget about Audu but as the years passed on his popularity kept rising. That is because for 12 years the PDP led government failed to match Audu's performance as the governor of the state. The people Kogi are now yearning for his return after 12 years. If the PDP government had outperformed him, no one would still remember Audu today.

PDP (Coup Within)

The Kogi state chapter of PDP is in disorder thanks to Wada. First, he used his office to hijack the party. Secondly, he stepped on some toes and he doesn't give a damn about it.... just like former President Goodluck Jonathan. Being the governor does not mean the party should start doing his bidding. He is supposed to serve the interest of the party because that was why the party nominated him. Former Governor Idris Ibrahim single handedly made Wada the governor of Kogi state and what did he get from Wada? A red card. Wada diverted funds meant for GEJ's campaign in other to fund his own campaign. Even the customized bags rice (with GEJ's face on them) are being distributed accross the state as part of Wada's campaign. Alot of PDP members in the state are working closely to send Wada out of the government house.

APC Tsunami

All the states in the North-Central but Kogi are controlled by the APC. However, it is worthy to know that the people of this region don't really care about political parties. They vote for whoever they feel like voting for.

Ankpa and Ebira People

Ankpa local government is a heavyweight as far as political affairs of Kogi state is concerned. Though Okene, Lokoja, Idah and Dekina have more population than Ankpa, this is mainly due to the institutions located in this places which attracts stundents, traders and businessmem/women from all parts of the country. Ankpa's case is different because 90% of the 420,000+ people living the are indigenes and voters turnout is usually between 75%-80% (the highest in Kogi state). Ankpa is on lockdown for Audu. Now combine that with APC's vote raking decision to zone their governorship ticket to Ebira land in 2019. Yahaya Bello and the Ebira people can't wait for Audu to come and go.

The People (just like Buhari

Audu may not have the state's media under his control. He may be a victim of cheap propagandas and character defamation. He may have failed 3 times. But just like Buhari, he is loved by the people.

5 Likes

Re: Kogi 2015:why Audu Will Defeat Wada - Naijatalktown by CACAWA(m): 12:40am On Nov 20, 2015
ok o
Re: Kogi 2015:why Audu Will Defeat Wada - Naijatalktown by donphilopus: 1:11am On Nov 20, 2015
@OP, you're so on point. I'm so surprised that whenever I come to Nairaland, I always see people call Audu all sorts of names. But back then in my lodge in school, one guy from Kogi (if not Dekina [Wada's home], it would be Aankpa) always says Audu is the best thing since sliced bread in Kogi. He said the man is so simple. The only me he tends to believe more than Audu in Kogi is Ochocho.

3 Likes

Re: Kogi 2015:why Audu Will Defeat Wada - Naijatalktown by Nobody: 2:42am On Nov 20, 2015
donphilopus:
@OP, you're so on point. I'm so surprised that whenever I come to Nairaland, I always see people call Audu all sorts of names. But back then in my lodge in school, one guy from Kogi (if not Dekina [Wada's home], it would be Aankpa) always says Audu is the best thing since sliced bread in Kogi. He said the man is so simple. The only me he tends to believe more than Audu in Kogi is Ochocho.
To be honest, Echocho is the only politician that can match Audu's popularity in the whole of Kogi. Unfortunately for the PDP, Echocho alongside Bob Alfa and Ibrahim Idris Jnr. all decamped to APC in front of over 70,000 people in Ankpa a couple of weeks ago. Ahmadu Ali and Wada destroyed PDP in Kogi.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi 2015:why Audu Will Defeat Wada - Naijatalktown by LordMecuzy(m): 3:33am On Nov 20, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
To be honest, Echocho is the only politician that can match Audu's popularity in the whole of Kogi. Unfortunately for the PDP, Echocho alongside Bob Alfa and Ibrahim Idris Jnr. all decamped to APC in front of over 70,000 people in Ankpa a couple of weeks ago. Ahmadu Ali and Wada destroyed PDP in Kogi.

Which of them might win in Kogi West?
Re: Kogi 2015:why Audu Will Defeat Wada - Naijatalktown by jamace(m): 3:33am On Nov 20, 2015
APC is using power rotation to deceive the Ebiras. I know that the Igalas will always vote their own.
Re: Kogi 2015:why Audu Will Defeat Wada - Naijatalktown by donphilopus: 6:27am On Nov 20, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:

Are you serious that Echocho has truly decamped? If true, then Wada stands no chance at all. I believe if the Governorship is not zoned to Kogi Central (the Ebiras) come 2019, Echocho would likely fly APC's flag. Collapsing his structure with that of Audu is healthy to APC.
Re: Kogi 2015:why Audu Will Defeat Wada - Naijatalktown by opalu: 6:40am On Nov 20, 2015
Kogi needs emergency repair I beg.
Lokoja stinks to High heavens!
Re: Kogi 2015:why Audu Will Defeat Wada - Naijatalktown by Alphaoscar: 6:49am On Nov 20, 2015
donphilopus:

Are you serious that Echocho has truly decamped? If true, then Wada stands no chance at all. I believe if the Governorship is not zoned to Kogi Central (the Ebiras) come 2019, Echocho would likely fly APC's flag. Collapsing his structure with that of Audu is healthy to APC.

Not only Echocho bro. just 2days ago a large chunk of the PDP state exco members led by the party chairman and about 15 LG chairmen were received by Tinubu into the party .

Idris Wada is definitely walking alone on Saturday.

1 Like

Re: Kogi 2015:why Audu Will Defeat Wada - Naijatalktown by donphilopus: 6:53am On Nov 20, 2015
Alphaoscar:

Not only Echocho bro. just 2days ago a large chunk of the PDP state exco members led by the party chairman and about 15 LG chairmen were received by Tinubu into the party .

Idris Wada is definitely walking alone on Saturday.

If all these have truly happened, then Wada should give it up already. With the massive support Audu enjoys in Kogi Central, I'm so sure that with the votes he would secure from Igala, he's already the Governor. Wada sure knows he's gonna lose, that's the reason they've been accusing the Presidency.

1 Like

Re: Kogi 2015:why Audu Will Defeat Wada - Naijatalktown by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 20, 2015
LordMecuzy:

Which of them might win in Kogi West?
Wada is likely to win there. That is his fanbase.
Re: Kogi 2015:why Audu Will Defeat Wada - Naijatalktown by thundafire: 7:05am On Nov 20, 2015
dy state was nt developed wen Prince Audu rule na dy other governor wasted 8 years nd wada will continue dy cycle cs kogi state needs 2 be scrapped i pity dy kogites nd known of them fit 2 rule

(1) (Reply)

Audu Deaths / Tompolo May Shun Today’s Invitation By EFCC / Buhari: The Idiocy Of ''change'' And Conspiracy Of WatchDogs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.