Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,274 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

How Safe And Confidential Is Western Union? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Safe And Confidential Is Western Union? (2748 Views)

GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking / Western Union Money Transfer Now To Be Paid In Naira / How Do I Receive Money Via Western Union Money Transfer/moneygram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Safe And Confidential Is Western Union? by SweetT1: 6:50pm On May 21, 2009
I have been using western union for a while now but i wondered how secure is the informations on western union? Is it as safe as they claim? I noticed that some times when i send money thru wetsern union, i receive some fraudulent Email from someone making all kinds of fraudulent claims like i won this, i won that, they have some millions that needs help clearing etc etc. Has anybody experience similar things?
Re: How Safe And Confidential Is Western Union? by Thadude(m): 2:54pm On May 22, 2009
Western union is safe. It is just that some miscrants are now using the name to try their hands on fraud.
Those emails you are getting arent from western union they are coincidental mails from fraudsters. So when ever you receive them just delect. western union wont send you an email. They would send you a poster letter if they wanted to get in touch with you, and that is if you applied for a western union pay card. You have to be domicile in certain parts of the world to be entitled to apply.
Re: How Safe And Confidential Is Western Union? by inkomstrea: 4:30pm On May 24, 2009
As the first poster rightly said, western union is safe to use.

The mails you are receiving are not from western union, they are from YAHOO GUYS who searched out your e-mail address (only God knows how they do this) from 'God know where'.

When you see such much, simply delete it. Don't fall for it.
Re: How Safe And Confidential Is Western Union? by mkmyers45(m): 4:11pm On Feb 22, 2012
Sweet T:

I have been using western union for a while now but i wondered how secure is the informations on western union? Is it as safe as they claim? I noticed that some times when i send money thru wetsern union, i receive some fraudulent Email from someone making all kinds of fraudulent claims like i won this, i won that, they have some millions that needs help clearing etc etc. Has anybody experience similar things?

Some of the people who work there are dubious,

(1) (Reply)

Any Opened Diamond Bank Xclusive Account And Got Visacard / Metal Business Card In Nigeria / Trophy Subdealers Needed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.