Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,349 members, 7,808,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) (28568 Views)

'we Rape For Fun' - Naval Officer, Twin Brothers Arrested For Robbery Says / Two Notorious Brothers Arrested For Terrorizing Port-Harcourt Residents. Photos / The Married Woman Who Died With Her Lover In A Car During Sex In Lagos Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by dre11(m): 7:45am On Nov 20, 2015
Detectives attached to the Lagos State Police Command have arrested two brothers for using their mother’s car to rob unsuspecting ladies on Lagos Island.

According to the state Commissioner Police, Fatai Owoseni, the brothers, Ikenna Onunkwo (28) and Chinedu Onukwo (23), every morning use to dress up and leave their home as if they are going to the office.

Nobody knew they used to go out each morning to rob. It was gathered that in the evening, after office hours, the brothers, still using their mother’s Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV), would offer to give female passengers at bus stops lift. They would later rob them of their valuables before pushing them out of the car.

He said: “Luck ran out on the two brothers after robbing a lady on November 13, on their way from Lagos Island. The lady was able to get the registration number of the vehicle. “She reported the incident to the Bar Beach Police Station.

Through the assistance of the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC), the vehicle was traced to a mechanic workshop at Surulere area of the metropolis.” One of the suspects, Ikenna, the elder, vehemently denied that he and his brother were robbers.

He said: “My brother and I studied at the Pan American University in Cotonou. I went to school to defend my project only for me to receive a phone call from my younger sister in Nigeria that my mother and brother had been arrested for using her jeep to rob.

I was urged to return home and come to the police station or my mum would remain in police custody. “I rushed down to Nigeria and went straight to the station, only for two ladies to appear and pointed at me and my brother.

They claimed that we were two men that robbed them of their valuables. We were wrongly accused. We don’t know anything about this crime. My brother and I are innocent.”

Recalling how he was arrested, Chinedu said: “Some detectives came to our house to say that my elder brother was involved in armed robbery. My mother and I were taken to their station.

“When my mother and I got to the station, the ladies who identified my brother as the person who robbed them also accused me of being among the robbers. I denied ever being involved in any robbery operation.

The vehicle actually belongs to my mother. I don’t drive the jeep. It’s only my elder brother who drives the car.” Owoseni said the suspects would be charged after investigation.

He added: “The general public should learn how to report any complaint to the nearest police station. People should stop reporting crime on the Facebook.”

http://newtelegraphonline.com/brothers-arrested-for-using-moms-car-to-rob/

lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by MissSlimbody(f): 7:47am On Nov 20, 2015
And here comes another tribal war undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by madridguy(m): 7:48am On Nov 20, 2015
The matter still get K-leg sha and I hope the NP will come out with their comprehensive report soon. Akoba Adaba ejo elejo oro oloro olorun maje ki odi tiwa. Amin ooooo

31 Likes

Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by Evergreen4(m): 7:49am On Nov 20, 2015
This story get as e be Oo

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by bigtt76(f): 7:51am On Nov 20, 2015
My fear when it comes to the various car pooling services now springing up daily for naija. One day it would be abused resulting in issues such as this undecided
Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 20, 2015
which a lowlife like you is delibrately trying to start. ashewo 2 kobo
MissSlimbody:

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 20, 2015
A detailed investigation should be done, cos i have seen more crazy cases of false witnesses... And if they are guilty, straight to jail they go.... May God never let us be a victim of what we know nothing about.

3 Likes

Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by broxymall(m): 7:58am On Nov 20, 2015
came to check___

At a Give away price, Get your Festina gold Watch, Timberland Boot, Nike,Emporio Armani, Casio Edifice,Diesel watch, Smart watches Et all,visit link at signature below
Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by ijustdey: 8:01am On Nov 20, 2015
He said: “Luck ran out on the two brothers after robbing a lady on November 13, on their way from Lagos Island. The lady was able to get the registration number of the vehicle. “She reported the incident to the Bar Beach Police Station.

sharp babe..... no need to fight with them but get something to pin those guys

that's one easy way to get those one chance robbers

2 Likes

Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by MissSlimbody(f): 8:06am On Nov 20, 2015
prettysolid:
which your lowlife is delibrately trying to start. ashewo 2 kobo
You are clearly frustrated, I won't let you dump your frustration on me.

For the records, Its the female members of your family that are ashewo.

10 Likes

Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by menix(m): 8:14am On Nov 20, 2015
The story get as e b jawe...

Nigerian police need to do a thorough investigation so that they won't be sending the wrong guyz to jail..

If truly they were involved, the mum too gat partake else she would ve asked the duo where they went with the car every morning..

End time case...

2 Likes

Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by damton(m): 8:22am On Nov 20, 2015
SAY NO TO CRIME
Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by APCREP: 8:22am On Nov 20, 2015
Bad child
Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by dave2meek(m): 8:23am On Nov 20, 2015
Let me join the end time crew and shout "End Time"
Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by McBrooklyn(m): 8:23am On Nov 20, 2015
There is one weakness in people for which there is no remedy. It is the universal weakness of lack of ambition - Napoleon Hill angry

1 Like

Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by PLANETMARS(m): 8:23am On Nov 20, 2015
End time brothers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by Goldenheart(m): 8:23am On Nov 20, 2015
Damn
Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by MathsChic(f): 8:23am On Nov 20, 2015
Lol. Probably guilty. But the Nigerian police should also learn how to use forensics to analyze a crime

5 Likes

Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by Dottore: 8:23am On Nov 20, 2015
Dumb people
Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by kingstylo01(m): 8:23am On Nov 20, 2015
Although i don't support crime, it serves the ladies right!

ladies should desist from hopping into every flashy car that offers them a lift!

End time hoes!

8 Likes

Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by demarc001: 8:23am On Nov 20, 2015
Lagos for show!
Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by Burger01(m): 8:24am On Nov 20, 2015
MissSlimbody:
Stop that nonsense. You are the one clamoring for tribal shait. Rubbish undecided

14 Likes

Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 20, 2015
Endtime children.
Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 20, 2015
Ok
Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by Sijo01(f): 8:24am On Nov 20, 2015
End time brothers cheesy
Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 20, 2015
End time Brothers !
Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by Sijo01(f): 8:25am On Nov 20, 2015
APCREP:
Bad child

Children actually.
Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by macaranta(m): 8:26am On Nov 20, 2015
Story doesn't add up..why would he hurriedly come back from Cotonou if he was guilty??

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by Whizzdom(m): 8:26am On Nov 20, 2015
Who do we believe now? but one thing that i surely know is whatever you do on this earth either good or bad, you shall reap it bountifully.
GOD IS WATCHING US IN 9D.

1 Like

Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by Mutuwa(m): 8:27am On Nov 20, 2015
them no get job..see real job hustler.

4 Likes

Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by SylarsMcQuins: 8:28am On Nov 20, 2015
MissSlimbody:

I see none here buh u tryna create one.

6 Likes

Re: Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 20, 2015
dre11:

http://newtelegraphonline.com/brothers-arrested-for-using-moms-car-to-rob/

Igbos are good for nothing. the earlier they go better for Nigeria........................ both of these guys are the so called hard working and building Lagos.

Is this how they build city? 80% of armed robbers in Nigeria are igbos.............FACT: visit Nigeria prisons for more information.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kenyan Man Attacks Wife With Machete For Denying Him Sex / Imo State Police Command Dismisses Seven Officers For Extortion / Nurse Seen Brutalizing Her Daughter In Delta, Shun Neighbours From Interfering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.