Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan (34078 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu’s Family Reacts To ‘Recovery Of Weapons’ In IPOB Leader’s Home / NNPC Says Osinbajo Gave Approval For N640 Billion Contract;VP Office Keeps Mum / The Cache Of Weapons Recovered From Repented Cultists In Bori, Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by kahal29: 11:14am On Nov 20, 2015
Former President Goodluck Jonathan at a forum in Washington DC, Thursday, waded into the arms procurement scandal surrounding the former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, saying his government never awarded any contract in the range of $2 billion dollars.

“I did not award any $2 billion contract for procurement of weapons” Mr. Jonathan stated categorically querying, “Where did the money come from?” and repeating emphatically that “I did not award a contract of $2billion for procurement of weapons”.

A presidential investigations committee into arms procurement under the administration of President Jonathan revealed in its interim report that it found extra-budgetary spending by the Jonathan administration to the tune of N643.8 billion and an additional $2.2 billion in the foreign currency component, all managed and supervised by Sambo Dasuki, a retired army colonel.

Mr. Dasuki had said in a statement Wednesday that all contracts and accruing payments were made based on the approval of Mr. Jonathan, adding that due process and military procurement regulations were followed in all the transactions.

“Nigerians should note that all the services generated the types of equipment needed, sourced suppliers most times and after consideration by the Office of the NSA, the President will approve application for payment,” said Mr. Dasuki.

But Mr. Jonathan said he never awarded any $2billion arms contract, suggesting that the claims by the Buhari administration were false and unsubstantiated. Mr. Dasuki had also argued along that line.

The former president was speaking at an event titled: “Presidential elections and democratic consolidation in Africa: Case studies on Nigeria and Tanzania”.
The session was co-hosted by National Democratic Institute (NDI) and the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) with Mr. Jonathan as the sole speaker.

Mr. Jonathan touched on the contract issue after he stated that he was aware of allegations of huge sums of money that were said to be missing from the Nigerian treasury, but he claimed that some of the figures mentioned are not believable. “Sometimes, I feel sad when people mention these figures,” he added.
Speaking pointedly about his successor, President Jonathan said, “When the president (Buhari) paid official visit to the US, there were some figures that were mentioned that I don’t believe.”

He drew attention to figures like the $150billion alleged to have been stolen in previous Nigerian administrations, but Mr. Jonathan scoffed at the probability of “$150 billion American money” being missing and “Americans will not know where it is,” adding that at any rate President Buhari did not accuse his administration.

“He didn’t say my government, he said previous administrations… “$150 billion is not 150 billion Naira,” he stated, suggesting, “People play politics with very serious issues.”

The former president was equally dismissive of people who alleged that the sum of $59.8 million was misappropriated within a 12-month period while he was in office.

“In Nigeria, if you lose $59.8 million in a year, federal and state governments will not pay salaries,” he said, adding that there is no way Nigerian budget can accommodate such a loss without the country coming to a standstill.

“Of course we brought international audit teams, forensic auditors and they didn’t see that,” he said.
The former President said he does not want to join issues with the new government, “I wanted to keep away from the public for at least twelve months.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/193493-jonathan-washes-hand-off-arms-procurement-scandal.html

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by AceRoyal: 11:15am On Nov 20, 2015
Soon we'll know who is really lying.
Truth cannot be hidden forever.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by fromnigeria(m): 11:17am On Nov 20, 2015
Dusaki and Mr Goodluck should please tell Nigerians the truth.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by VIKiEzEkieL(m): 11:21am On Nov 20, 2015
Ok
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by mazzi: 11:22am On Nov 20, 2015
When you are 74 years and still lie to people you lead,then wahala dey! This government believes that every body is almajiri or owanbe crew that they can throw out all manner of lies and expect us to swallow it. GEJ never worry,their lies will always turn out to embarrass them.

172 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by mazzi: 11:23am On Nov 20, 2015
N
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by fineguy11(m): 11:24am On Nov 20, 2015
Oga jona,between u and dasuki,who should we believe...all i know is that we must find the YAMS and prosecute all the GOATS involved in the deal...

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by kahal29: 11:25am On Nov 20, 2015
Oga Jona, $2 billion dollars was not a single one-off transaction but a CUMULATIVE figure of arms purchases. Take note pls!

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by IykeChukz(m): 11:35am On Nov 20, 2015
Please Gej, enjoy your freedom.

Silent is considered the best answer to their so called #ChosenMessiah

HBD2u

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by ishiamu(m): 11:36am On Nov 20, 2015
Buhari your plans to dent this man's image won't work

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by fromnigeria(m): 11:38am On Nov 20, 2015

Mr. Dasuki had said in a statement Wednesday that all contracts and accruing payments were made based on the approval of Mr. Jonathan, adding that due process and military procurement regulations were followed in all the transactions.

“Nigerians should note that all the services generated the types of equipment needed, sourced suppliers most times and after consideration by the Office of the NSA, the President will approve application for payment,” said Mr. Dasuki.

Who Is Who

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 20, 2015
Ok na we go soon know the truth.
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by acenazt: 11:40am On Nov 20, 2015
So much hate from ipods i dont know who invented the eyepiece but you guys are too blind to even read what GEJ said. He said Pmb never accused his Administration. And It was Dasuki who said Gej approved the deals not PMB. Stop being sentimental and moronic

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 20, 2015
ishiamu:
You Id*iots are full of sentiment and hatred for this administration! Why can't You wait and find out who is telling the truth Mtchewww.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by acenazt: 11:43am On Nov 20, 2015
ishiamu:
oga read well GEJ hims self said Pmb never accused his administration. And it was dasuki who said GEJ APPROVED The deals not PMB

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 20, 2015
Does jona know what he signed?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by kahal29: 11:53am On Nov 20, 2015
Lalasticlala ..... Front page oh

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by baralatie(m): 11:54am On Nov 20, 2015
mazzi:
When you are 74 years and still lie to people you lead,then wahala dey! This government believes that every body is almajiri or owanbe crew that they can throw out all manner of lies and expect us to swallow it. GEJ never worry,their lies will always turn out to embarrass them.

5 Likes

Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by dridowu: 11:57am On Nov 20, 2015
mazzi:
who is lying here ? I doubt if you read the article , if you do , i guess you forget to read this bolded part

19 Likes

Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by ishiamu(m): 11:59am On Nov 20, 2015
sameer1212:
Your drunkard papa and ashawo mama dey mad Biafra bastard.

Ikpu nne u dia

5 Likes

Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by kingdompropty: 12:01pm On Nov 20, 2015
Buhari and his jargon party will not stop amusing the international community.

Where is is Waec certificate sef? grin

5 Likes

Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by tolexy007(m): 12:01pm On Nov 20, 2015
I no Gej cannot lie....Sir I believe u

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by actuspurus: 12:03pm On Nov 20, 2015
My unassuming advice to Buhari and his cohorts is to focus on the deteriorating state of the nation under his watch, and stop his defence mechanism all in the name of hunting corruption, can he account for PTF and come out a saint, I wonder why some persons reason through their anus, this administration is indirectly celebrating corruption, he revenge on Dasuki is getting out of hands...... if Buhari is a cultured anti-curruption crusader. why did he and his APC members put the incumbent senate president in tension in the guise of CCT, just for him to confirm A matching a minister, ..... APC jackals can criticise my submission....

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by chipzidar(f): 12:03pm On Nov 20, 2015
Hmmm
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by CR77(f): 12:03pm On Nov 20, 2015
kingdompropty:
Buhari and his jargon party will not stop amusing the international community.
Where is is Waec certificate sef? grin
Buhari don't have any Certificate

Buhari = BH

10 Likes

Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by localblood(m): 12:03pm On Nov 20, 2015
tongue This shoeless man again. #HBD
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by PLANETMARS(m): 12:03pm On Nov 20, 2015
Gej when u don tour round the globe finish just jeje come sitdown for ur jail cell for kirikiri and do ur time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 20, 2015
Yes
Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by kingstylo01(m): 12:04pm On Nov 20, 2015
Kai! What more shall i say?

"End time denial"

-lasisi69, November 20, 2015 cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan by godoluwa(m): 12:04pm On Nov 20, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Declares Sit-At-Home Every Monday - Governors, Police Kick / Scores Of Boko Haram Terrorists Drown After Military Bombardment In Borno / Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.