Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? (7325 Views)

Do Good Muslims Really Exist? / What Do Muslims Really Think About Clubbing? Western Vs Conservative Islam! / Does Jerusalem Mean Anything To Muslims Really? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by sosisi(f): 10:57pm On May 21, 2009
I was just wondering.

Since Muslims hate pigs with a passion,

do they let their kids have piggy banks?

How about piggyback loans for home loans etc, will they refuse them and flee the bank because it has the word piggy?

What if a Muslim got swine flu,would he kill himself?

what if he lived in a town in Alabama where the only grocery stote was piggly wiggly, would he shop there?

Do they also hate guinea pigs?

what did the Muslim diabetics do prior to the 80's when the Insulin available was mainly porcine (pig insulin)

when their kids sing the cherished "Old McDonald has a farm" do they skip "on his farm he has a pig" ?

How about the famous tale of the 3 little pigs and the big bad wolf,do they read the 3 little rams? grin

Now what if he discovers he ate ham accidentally shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by manmustwac(m): 11:14pm On May 21, 2009
I remember a long time ago in a cafe here in london that an muslim babe vomitted all over the floor just coz she smelt the aroma of bacon. I said to her if it was shit you had smelt would u have done the same thing?
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by sosisi(f): 12:02am On May 22, 2009
manmustwac:

I remember a long time ago in a cafe here in london that an muslim babe vomitted all over the floor just coz she smelt the aroma of bacon. I said to her if it was shit you had smelt would u have done the same thing?

what was she doing in a cafe that serves bacon ?

smell of bacon indeed
the girl carry belle,she didn't tell you the truth
she had morning sickness. grin
the pig was just the way for her to cover her tracks
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by Tudor3(m): 12:22am On May 22, 2009
Osisi. Hope your prepared to be banned by the islamists.welcome to my world.
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by sosisi(f): 1:00am On May 22, 2009
Tùdor:

Osisi. Hope your prepared to be banned by the islamists.welcome to my world.

ban?
what is that?
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by Abuzola(m): 1:07am On May 22, 2009
ban or bomb ?@tudor, osisi we no dey chop pork but we go chop am in exceptional cases, don't ask me how
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by sosisi(f): 1:28am On May 22, 2009
Abuzola:

ban or bomb ?@tudor, osisi we no dey chop pork but we go chop am in exceptional cases, don't ask me how

Please shed more light
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by OgidiBoy(m): 1:33am On May 22, 2009
osisi you don the find their trouble again oh, you know well that them ppl don't have any sense of humor very funny sha, who would have thought grin
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by sosisi(f): 1:42am On May 22, 2009
I just asked questions
Is it a trouble grin
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by OgidiBoy(m): 1:46am On May 22, 2009
Remember a few yrs back when that cartoonist draw Mohammed pix, he never meant to offend them too. But I'm sure you remember the outcome. lipsrsealed

Me I'm afraid of them oh sad
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by Abuzola(m): 2:05am On May 22, 2009
We eat it when is the only option,, kinji ko ?
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by sosisi(f): 3:27am On May 22, 2009
Abuzola:

e he!
I knew it
I knew some of you have been doing long throat for bacon and hot dogs grin
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:51am On May 22, 2009
I dont eat any pork products.
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:52am On May 22, 2009
$osisi:

what was she doing in a cafe that serves bacon ?

smell of bacon indeed
the girl carry belle,she didn't tell you the truth
she had morning sickness. grin
the pig was just the way for her to cover her tracks

grin grin
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by manmustwac(m): 8:41am On May 22, 2009
@osisi
this your umpteenth crusade against the muslims is going to get yourself banned again.
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by Abuzola(m): 9:36am On May 22, 2009
Hey we detest pig, ok ? but for us to drink beer is better to take pig, how can u eat an xtreme dirty animal en ?
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by Remii(m): 11:30am On May 22, 2009
Abuzola:

$osisi:

e he!
I knew it
I knew some of you have been doing long throat for bacon and hot dogs grin

I think we should explain this, for fear of misunderstanding. You eat pork only for survival, that is if it is the only FOOD available, may be war or famine situation, stuck in the sea, desert etc and no other thing to eat. It is allowed only to take just what you need to stay alive. This also explain reason why people are not allowed to take there own live, you can not starve to death if there is anything that can save you, suicide is unIslamic, if there is a survival option.

For those who would like to eat sausage, bacon, hot dog and the rest, in the Middle East all these are available made from turkey, chicken, beef, and they taste nice. We should find away to source for these in our area also. This could even be economic venture for Muslim, May Allah guide us aright.
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by Lagosboy: 11:42am On May 22, 2009
Osisi don find trouble again o , d babe don come with her wahala. Wetin do u an pig u eat pig so tey ur people carry swine flu mexico. kai chineke!!!!
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by pilgrim1(f): 1:41pm On May 22, 2009
Remii:

I think we should explain this, for fear of misunderstanding.

You did well, and your answers are appreciated. I'll add some more soon.

Remii:

You eat pork only for survival, that is if it is the only FOOD available, may be war or famine situation, stuck in the sea, desert etc and no other thing to eat. It is allowed only to take just what you need to stay alive.

You're quite informed.

Remii:

For those who would like to eat sausage, bacon, hot dog and the rest, in the Middle East all these are available made from turkey, chicken, beef, and they taste nice. We should find away to source for these in our area also. This could even be economic venture for Muslim, May Allah guide us aright.

Em, hang on a minute: I'm not sure that bacon is one of those things that could be made from either turkey, chicken or 'beef' (that is, if we understand 'bacon' as 'meat from the back and sides of a pig').

Anyhow, well done.
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by mukina2: 1:45pm On May 22, 2009
$osisi:

do they let their kids have piggy banks?

How about piggyback loans for home loans etc, will they refuse them and flee the bank because it has the word piggy?

what if he lived in a town in Alabama where the only grocery stote was piggly wiggly, would he shop there?

when their kids sing the cherished "Old McDonald has a farm" do they skip "on his farm he has a pig" ?

How about the famous tale of the 3 little pigs and the big bad wolf,do they read the 3 little rams? grin

Now what if he discovers he ate ham accidentally shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
grin grin grin grin grin grin LOL . .you wont kill me grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by pilgrim1(f): 1:46pm On May 22, 2009
Qn: 'Do Muslims Really  Hate Everything Piggy?'
Ans: Not 'really'.

Well, in so many belief systems (religious and non-religious), animals play important roles: sometimes as symbols of certain fundamental tenets (pros and cons), or as reminders of historical antecedents to any particular group. For instance, it is said that the Egyptians hate donkeys because they connected them with the god Typhon; however, in the USA, the donkey is the symbol of the Democratic Party.

In the present case, though, it is understandable why the pig is disfavoured in Islam - it represents (to them) what is unclean and forbidden. But before we come to pointers, let’s understand that in Islam there are basically three ways of looking at such things:

~  halal (lawful, permitted, or not forbidden)

~  haram (unlawful, prohibited, or forbidden)

~  mushbooh
            (doubtful, uncertain, or suspicious -
            practicing Muslims avoid consuming such things)

Following from the above, Muslims regard pig/swine/pork and its by-products as ‘haram’ (expressly forbidden). ‘Expressly forbidden’, because that is what the Qur’an teaches; but such several verses articulate that there are other things (food, meats) which are also haram. As Remii said earlier, even though pork is ‘haram’, Muslims could still eat them under certain limiting conditions. Now let’s see an example of this:

‘O ye who believe! Eat of the good things that We have provided for you,
          and be grateful to Allah, if it is Him ye worship || He hath only forbidden
          you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that on which any
          other name hath been invoked besides that of Allah. But if one is forced
          by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,-
          then is he guiltless. For Allah is Oft-forgiving Most Merciful’
          ~ [Qur’an, 2:172-173, YusufAli tr.]

From the above, it is clear that what is ‘haram’ (forbidden) include -

* carrion (dead and rotting body of an animal; unfit for human food)
        * eating of blood (such as blood sausage and blood soup - see below##)
        * flesh of swine (ie., pig/swine/pork and its by-products)
        * and whatever is prepared where names of other deities were invoked.

However, those verses cited above go on to state that if one eats such things (and here it is mainly pork and pig products) when such a Muslim was ‘forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits’, then they are guiltless - meaning that Muslims indeed could eat pork in such situations.
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by pilgrim1(f): 1:49pm On May 22, 2009
[size=18pt]![/size] Please beware before you proceed - what appears below may not suit the cultural taste of some readers: so proceed at your own risk.

As promised earlier: ##’see below’ - eating of blood:

I was referring to delicacies prepared with blood, because some people might find this rather a shock - I didn’t mean it so. I’ve actually seen such foods in several countries that (in my muslimah days), and here are examples -

► Blood as food (Wikipedia)
‘some cultures consume blood as food, often in combination with meat’ -

~ blood sausage (popular in Sweden as Blodpudding)
(commonly known as black pudding or blood pudding)

~ Curry Mee (Malaysian soup with pig blood)
~ Blutwurt (black pudding in Germany)

Hungary has a popular breakfast dish made from blood from pigs slaughtered in the morning; this is fried with onions and served right away. Black pudding made from blood of other animals (cattle, sheep, goat, etc) can be found here.

This website (ShariahProgram) also provides some Muslim insight about other haram and halal animals.

I just thought to help address the question of this thread, and hope the foregoing helped a bit.

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by sosisi(f): 2:47pm On May 22, 2009
Lagosboy:

Osisi don find trouble again o , d babe don come with her wahala. Wetin do u an pig u eat pig so tey ur people carry swine flu mexico. kai chineke!!!!

My dear,I'm not finding trouble o.
The kids have 2 piggy banks in the house and a third one appeared early this week and I just thought thought myself,what would my muslim friends do if their kid came home from school with a cute cuddly pink piggy bank from the teacher.

Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by sosisi(f): 2:52pm On May 22, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

I dont eat any pork products.

I'm not a fan of pork either.
I buy bacon for the kids and that's about it.
I don't care for them but if I went to a cook out and they had pork ribs,I would eat them.
My husband will not eat anything piggly
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by arramyjay: 3:00pm On May 22, 2009
They dont hate pigs they are just forbidden to eat pork.
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by Abuzola(m): 3:12pm On May 22, 2009
Osisi do u know that this pig feed on shit, rubbish and the dead
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by olabowale(m): 3:15pm On May 22, 2009
What is disliked. doubtful is makru or mandub but not mashbooh. But everything has rule and condition and sometimes conditions where exception is the overriding condition.

I can't help it but to make the below available for people to read; separating Islam from muslims of today or generations past, and clearly presenting the position of the Messenger (AS), for all to admire.

Mercy in Islam

by

Dr. Hassan Hathout

We praise Allah. We bear witness that there is no God but Him, and we bear witness that Mohammed is His messenger and the Prophet. We ask Allah to shed His Peace and Blessings upon the Prophet, upon his family, his companions, and his followers to the Day of Judgment.

My dear Brethren, every once in a while Brother Aslam Abdullah, the Chief Editor of the Minaret, makes the courtesy to do some proof reading of the Minaret before it goes to print.

That is how I got to read a letter from a Muslim Sister from South Africa. She was not born a Muslim, but she embraced Islam. She lost her husband and held a single parent family including a daughter and a son. A family that was a Muslim family, with a mother doing her very best.

Unfortunately, at the age of seventeen, her son committed suicide. It was a grave shock to her, losing her only son at that young age. Of course she had to face the immediate duties of burying her son. For that, of course, she went to the Islamic Center.

You will be surprised to learn what happened. None of the members of the Islamic Center would take part in the funeral or the burial, on the pretext that the boy had committed suicide, and this was haram.

What a distortion of Islam this is. What cruelty has crept into the hearts of those Muslim brothers. Who of them did not disobey Allah sometime.

If the boy was guilty, what was the guilt of the mother? A Muslim mother left with a dead son.

It was as if they had already tried the son and passed the verdict on him to remain unburied. What if the son had been afflicted with an acute psychiatric illness, that compelled him to lose control?

But this was the unfortunate event. Until with the help of two Muslim sisters and a group of Christian men she could arrange for the washing, the Janazza Prayers, and the burial of her son.

This was the Islamic behavior that some Muslims chose to do in this calamity. I have been pondering and saying that to some Muslims, Islam begins with the knowledge of the rules and regulations. One of them could have a full Islamic Library in his head. Yet they can see the tree and are blind to the forest.

My dear brethren, before the stage of rules and regulations, before the stage of worship and behavior, before the stage of haram and "halal" and "makru" and "mandub", before memorizing and learning, we should not miss the total picture of Islam, the totality of Islam.

The total objective of the mission of the Prophet, Peace and Blessing be upon him, that was described to him by Allah, Praised and Exalted be He, in the Quran,

Wa maa arsalnaaka illaa rahmatal lil'aalamin

We have sent you for nothing else but mercy to the worlds.

Therefore it is so simple to conclude that anything which conflicts with mercy, does not run parallel with the mission of the Prophet, Peace and Blessing be upon him.

The Prophet described himself as "Ar Rahmatu al mozjah", the mercy presented by Allah to mankind. All his life, he was the best example of mercy. His was a mercy on far and near, friend and enemy. That was the psychology of the Prophet, Peace and Blessing be upon him.

Yet some Muslims are impervious to this concept of mercy. They want to make themselves judge, and pass judgements in situations where it is only for Allah to pass judgement. To have the courage to speak on behalf of Allah and to condemn a dead Muslim to remain unburied, to me looks like the ethic of cruelty. Cruelty is incompatible with iman (faith) and Islam.

At the time of the Prophet, Peace and Blessing be upon him, there was a man widely known to be a hypocrite. In secret he would ally with the enemies of the Muslims. Yet the Prophet knew it and many of the Muslims could feel it.

They thought of killing the man and his own son came to the Prophet and said, "O Prophet of Allah, let me kill my father."

The Prophet, Peace and Blessing be upon him, answered, "Never let it be said that the Prophet kills his followers. If he is a hypocrite we can only have the authority of implementing the law. But if there is no legal crime then we can not punish a man."

Sometime later, that hypocrite died, and everybody felt relief that this man died. Yet the Prophet, Peace and Blessing be upon him, sent his cloak to be used in shrouding that dead man, and went by himself to conduct the janazza prayer over him. That was the conduct of the Prophet.

He knew that the man was wrong, but what about the son who was faithful? Isn’t the son deserving of some courtesy here? Or shall the son bear the burden of everybody cursing his father?

That son who committed suicide: What about a Muslim, faithful mother with the body of her dead son on her hands. She can not carry him, she can not wash him, or convey him to the funeral, or bury him. Isn’t it a shame that it was two women and a group of Christians who fulfilled that duty?

Al Hamdu Lillah, you and hopefully I know that the essence of Islam is Rahma. Whoever will need the Rahma of Allah, Praised and Exalted be He, has to build up a stock in his account. If you need the mercy of Allah, then give mercy. If you will ever need the forgiveness of Allah, then give forgiveness.

Still, so far I see Muslims now and then whose hearts are thick, whose emotions are dry, who know the rules and regulations, but miss the Rahma, which is the essence of Islam.

Islam, to me, can not be joined half-way. It can not be started with the rules and regulations and the do’s and don’ts. The beginning is the total realization of total mission of Islam, which is a mercy to the worlds.

Sometime ago, I was with one of those great scholars, a big Alim, with plenty of following. Our discussion led us to discuss the status of the illegitimately born child in Islam. Very promptly, he said, "To be killed."

So I said, "O, Abdur Rahman, suppose you and I were standing in this room, and through the door comes a sweet five year old boy, with a ball in his hand. He smiles at us and throws the ball to play with us. Would you go and kill him?"

The man took the message and said, "No, I wouldn’t kill him."

This example shows that knowledge is present in Muslims who lack the essence. This happens with many Muslims still.

May Allah inspire you, to live your life under the shade of the mercy of Allah, Praised and Exalted be He. And may Allah, make you instruments of His mercy, not of His punishment.

If you are an instrument of His punishment, expect that you will face punishment, and if you are an instrument of His mercy, expect that He will deal with you in mercy.

We ask Allah, Praised and Exalted be He, to fill our hearts with mercy, and to give us mercy when we need it. We ask Allah to make us instrumental in showing the way to other Muslims, who unfortunately are confused about Islam and give more importance to the rules than to the essence of Islam.

My dear brethren, what a great religion Islam is. The corollary is that only great people are worthy of carrying the message of this great religion. Only people commensurate with Islam should call themselves Muslims. Only people whom Allah led in their hearts the essence of Islam, which is mercy.

Without acquiring that, we have missed the beginning my brothers and sisters. Without starting with it deep in our hearts, we can not go on and say that we are the Muslims. Without realizing that the total mission of Islam is mercy, and that the Prophets mission is nothing but mercy, then we have not begun at the beginning.

May Allah instill in our hearts, His love, and love of our fellow Muslims, and our fellow human beings. May Allah make us always instruments of His mercy, and give us mercy and forgiveness on the day we will need them.
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 22, 2009
Abuzola:

Osisi do u know that this pig feed on shit, rubbish and the dead

and apparently cows, goats and chickens feed on rice, beans and garri abi?
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by Abuzola(m): 3:49pm On May 22, 2009
David witch levelzez, sjทบฎกวัศย่ ur goat dey eat shit and corpse abi ?
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 22, 2009
davidylan:

and apparently cows, goats and chickens feed on rice, beans and garri abi?
Classic grin
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 22, 2009
Abuzola:

David witch levelzez, sjทบฎกวัศย่ ur goat dey eat shit and corpse abi ?

Ever raised goats before? Those are the dirtiest animals i ever had in my life. Even pigs wont lie in their own droppings and urine.
Re: Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? by Abuzola(m): 3:57pm On May 22, 2009
หถบวฎกปวฎถกวัท่ Ever raised pigs before ? even their body and scent can tell how horrible their inner would be

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The World Of Jinn -II / The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) / Jinn: Lifting Spell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.