Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,476 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:08 PM

The Truth Behind The Killings In Obrikom - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth Behind The Killings In Obrikom (5366 Views)

Photo Of Men Locked Up For Protesting Against Fulani Killings In Benue State / PDP AND APC Blame Each Other For The Killings In Rivers State- See Tweets / The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth Behind The Killings In Obrikom by arcnomec(m): 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2016
I have followed this thread with rapt attention and some few folks made sense in their contributions while some become bigot in their contributions.

Firstly,let me ask this questions,is there no community in Nigeria as of today where strangers have restrictions to certain place to go to and certain things they do.That's culture for you.Just as a stranger is permitted to farm in some Igbo community and not allowed to own that farm land ,so it is in Ogbaland.Every other tribes can freely own land in Ogbaland but not an Igbo man,it is an age long tradition that was handed over to us by our forefathers and so it must be.

Secondly,I was denied opportunities of travelling to London to study ,simply because I wasn't an indigene of Ogu,a local government in same Rivers state.No place has it ever been heard in Nigeria as of today that indigenes don't suppress strangers,and the reasons is not far fetched,protect your own.I schooled in Abia state,I was victimized,I took it in good faith and understands that the locals there are only trying to protect their own.Even if you go to US,you can't have bragging rights as one who is a true blood.

furthermore,the happenings in Onelga as it is as of today,is 60% political motivated and 40% battle of supremacy by rivals cult groups.Yes ,there are too many cultists in Ogbaland,but do a good study why this cult culture is on the rise,you will discover is for interest in aligning oneself to a group that will give you access to job in the so called oil companies in that region.Many have been received into joining one group or the other all in the name of job,but because every cult has a criminality elements in it,the violence suffice.

To be continued.
Re: The Truth Behind The Killings In Obrikom by EternalTruths: 1:46pm On Sep 30, 2016
arcnomec:
I have followed this thread with rapt attention and some few folks made sense in their contributions while some become bigot in their contributions.

Firstly,let me ask this questions,is there no community in Nigeria as of today where strangers have restrictions to certain place to go to and certain things they do.That's culture for you.Just as a stranger is permitted to farm in some Igbo community and not allowed to own that farm land ,so it is in Ogbaland.Every other tribes can freely own land in Ogbaland but not an Igbo man,it is an age long tradition that was handed over to us by our forefathers and so it must be.

Secondly,I was denied opportunities of travelling to London to study ,simply because I wasn't an indigene of Ogu,a local government in same Rivers state.No place has it ever been heard in Nigeria as of today that indigenes don't suppress strangers,and the reasons is not far fetched,protect your own.I schooled in Abia state,I was victimized,I took it in good faith and understands that the locals there are only trying to protect their own.Even if you go to US,you can't have bragging rights as one who is a true blood.

furthermore,the happenings in Onelga as it is as of today,is 60% political motivated and 40% battle of supremacy by rivals cult groups.Yes ,there are too many cultists in Ogbaland,but do a good study why this cult culture is on the rise,you will discover is for interest in aligning oneself to a group that will give you access to job in the so called oil companies in that region.Many have been received into joining one group or the other all in the name of job,but because every cult has a criminality elements in it,the violence suffice.

To be continued.

I highlighted a portion of your comment red

Please tell me the reason your Fathers told you people not to sell lands to the Igbos.

There must be a reason. Pls tell me.

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind The Killings In Obrikom by SalC: 1:55pm On Sep 30, 2016
EternalTruths:

Please tell me the reason your Fathers told you people not to sell lands to the Igbos.

Their answer has always been....."for our forefathers to have put such rule in place, there must be a reason"
Yet a good number of them especially the youth don't know why and probably don't want to know.

I have also met a handful of their enlightened youths who are against the idea but can't do anything about it.

Their present Oba tried to abolish it after marrying an igbo woman but they threatened to dethrone him if he tries it.

I don't see that changing anytime soon and i wish it doesn't change so that the igbos who live there should go back and develop igboland and find it easy to relocate home when the crises is on. Like they are doing now.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind The Killings In Obrikom by EternalTruths: 2:06pm On Sep 30, 2016
SalC:
Their answer has always been....."for our forefathers to have put such rule in place, there must be a reason"
Yet a good number of them especially the youth don't know why and probably don't want to know.

I have also met a handful of their enlightened youths who are against the idea but can't do anything about it.

Their present Oba tried to abolish it after marrying an igbo woman but they threatened to dethrone him if he tries it.

I don't see that changing anytime soon and i wish it doesn't change so that the igbos who live there should go back and develop igboland and find it easy to relocate home when the crises is on. Like they are doing now.

Its pure hatred that can hinder a people from knowing the reason behind a rule.

Please did any of your friend tell you the reason.? If yes, please tell me so that Igbos like me will never repeat the error of our fathers that provoked this law.
Re: The Truth Behind The Killings In Obrikom by SalC: 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2016
EternalTruths:

Its pure hatred that can hinder a people from knowing the reason behind a rule.

Please did any of your friend tell you the reason.? If yes, please tell me so that Igbos like me will never repeat the error of our fathers that provoked this law.
They said they were betrayed by igbo people, i don't know when or where as most of them don't also know
And they also don't allow female dogs in their land because they said female dogs betryed them.

A people that can't even get over what one female dog did, how then do you think thwy will care about getting over what they believe human beings did to them.

1 Like

Re: The Truth Behind The Killings In Obrikom by arcnomec(m): 4:31pm On Sep 30, 2016
EternalTruths:

I do not have to give you a reason for you to believe me and respect tradition.Just as I don't need any reason from you to tell me why certain forest in your home town is restricted to strangers.

I can only speak on the issues raised by the Op.just learn to respect other people's culture and tradition.
Thanks.
Re: The Truth Behind The Killings In Obrikom by arcnomec(m): 4:46pm On Sep 30, 2016
I see no need to establish a premise on the age long tradition of Ogbaland to stranger,as custodian of the tradition,is our prerogative to preserve it.If you don't like it,you can go to a law court and challenge it.There are scared things that pertained to every communities across the nation,so it is in Ogbaland.

Simply respect traditional values and don't try to ask questions you know you will never have a answer to and can never change no matter what.
Re: The Truth Behind The Killings In Obrikom by arcnomec(m): 4:54pm On Sep 30, 2016
dannybomb:
Obrikom the truth behind the killings

Obrikom is located in ogba/Egbema/Ndoni local government area of ONELGA in rivers state. There language is called ogba. Obrikom is richly bless with oil and that has made obrikom what it is today Agip oil company located oil in the small peaceful community and ever since then till today they have exploited it. Although the oil company has done well in developing the community, by providing good roads, lights. good water and employment for the teaming youth. We still feel that our lifes and health are in danger due to the gas flaring in the host community. the ruler of the Ogba community is called the OBA of Ogba land. He is the ceremonial head of the land a (monarch) situated in Omoku. Omoku and Obrikom is the same, omoku was core out of obrikom, some individuals living in obrikom relocated there farming position to omoku and they started settling there. Omoku is mostly occupied by non indigenes, especially IBO business men. Omoku and obrikom has different location. To travel to obrikom from omoku is not less than a 10minutes journey. Omoku is the capital of onelga land because of its development and population. But in recent times omoku is being the shadow of its self as its being criticized due to the poor supervision and neglect in the town, visit to the town is unpleasant as the roads are bad and lack maintainability. You can also see waste everywhere especially the main market . So Obrikom is love by both visitors and those around it. Obrikom is threatened by the action of some certain cult groups which i won't mention there name for security reason cox there Oga is at the top. Early last month the cult group had a clash which i witness all the event. total numbers of death were up to 13 am not sure cox i skeddle to port Harcourt, due to the fact that they were no longer killing themselves but were also killing innocent people especially the youth. The community was in caox as most of its citizens ran to other Near by community for safety. Shops were lock businesses were shut down. I will like to pass this information the killings that happened was not a political disagreement or was not motivatted by either the PDP and APC. Like how some news channel potray it to be. It was because they killed a cult member so the other cult retaliated and the war broke loss thats how everything went. During the time i was running to port Harcourt i saw multitude of people also running. the town was empty some radio station headlines were. '' obrikom is a grave yards den" I was not happy, because my community since i was born, has always live in peace. We welcome visitors into the town. Due to the killings my community became a bad place in the eyes of the outside world. After a week of the killings i came back. So right now there is safety, as you can See some security operatives on the high way inside the town trying to maintain sanity in the town. The cult groups has vanished. And we hope not to see them again. Article written by anonymous
[s]
dannybomb:

Obrikom is located in ogba/Egbema/Ndoni local government area of ONELGA in rivers state. There language is called ogba. Obrikom is richly bless with oil and that has made obrikom what it is today Agip oil company located oil in the small peaceful community and ever since then till today they have exploited it. Although the oil company has done well in developing the community, by providing good roads, lights. good water and employment for the teaming youth. We still feel that our lifes and health are in danger due to the gas flaring in the host community. the ruler of the Ogba community is called the OBA of Ogba land. He is the ceremonial head of the land a (monarch) situated in Omoku. Omoku and Obrikom is the same, omoku was core out of obrikom, some individuals living in obrikom relocated there farming position to omoku and they started settling there. Omoku is mostly occupied by non indigenes, especially IBO business men. Omoku and obrikom has different location. To travel to obrikom from omoku is not less than a 10minutes journey. Omoku is the capital of onelga land because of its development and population. But in recent times omoku is being the shadow of its self as its being criticized due to the poor supervision and neglect in the town, visit to the town is unpleasant as the roads are bad and lack maintainability. You can also see waste everywhere especially the main market . So Obrikom is love by both visitors and those around it. Obrikom is threatened by the action of some certain cult groups which i won't mention there name for security reason cox there Oga is at the top. Early last month the cult group had a clash which i witness all the event. total numbers of death were up to 13 am not sure cox i skeddle to port Harcourt, due to the fact that they were no longer killing themselves but were also killing innocent people especially the youth. The community was in caox as most of its citizens ran to other Near by community for safety. Shops were lock businesses were shut down. I will like to pass this information the killings that happened was not a political disagreement or was not motivatted by either the PDP and APC. Like how some news channel potray it to be. It was because they killed a cult member so the other cult retaliated and the war broke loss thats how everything went. During the time i was running to port Harcourt i saw multitude of people also running. the town was empty some radio station headlines were. '' obrikom is a grave yards den" I was not happy, because my community since i was born, has always live in peace. We welcome visitors into the town. Due to the killings my community became a bad place in the eyes of the outside world. After a week of the killings i came back. So right now there is safety, as you can See some security operatives on the high way inside the town trying to maintain sanity in the town. The cult groups has vanished. And we hope not to see them again. Article written by anonymous
[/s]
dannybomb:

pls what do you mean by Omoku was core out from Obirikom.Hope you are not trying to say Omoku was carved out from Obirikom,cos if that's what you meant,then you must be living in fools paradise for saying so.Then I will advise you go get the history of Ogba from a wise elder in your place.
Re: The Truth Behind The Killings In Obrikom by EternalTruths: 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2016
arcnomec:

I do not have to give you a reason for you to believe me and respect tradition.Just as I don't need any reason from you to tell me why certain forest in your home town is restricted to strangers.

I can only speak on the issues raised by the Op.just learn to respect other people's culture and tradition.
Thanks.

You hold unto a law that you don't know what brought about it and yet you go to Church that forbids such laws.

Except you are pretending to be an Ogba, your Christianity is worthless and stop going to Church because you are wasting your time.

If you are not an Ogba man but pretending to be one just to divide brothers, may everyone around you from this hour henceforth apply such law against you even in your home In The Name Of Jesus Christ Amen.
Re: The Truth Behind The Killings In Obrikom by Babysheart(f): 7:41pm On Sep 30, 2016
This is the only land where I've seen a higher number of juju shrines than churches. It's a cursed land.

You claim you are not Igbos, abi? So you go to Benin and crown your kings... From the Eze - Egi to the Chukwumela Nnam-Obi the Ogba king who denies being Igbo despite bearing full Igbo names.

You never knew you bring the witchcrafts Benin people are running from to your land. Those witches and juju you bring are ever blood thirsty. The killings won't stop. When one mafia don dies, another one will arise.

By the way, I lived at Akabuka.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth Behind The Killings In Obrikom by arcnomec(m): 10:34pm On Sep 30, 2016
EternalTruths:

You hold unto a law that you don't know what brought about it and yet you go to Church that forbids such laws.

Except you are pretending to be an Ogba, your Christianity is worthless and stop going to Church because you are wasting your time.

If you are not an Ogba man but pretending to be one just to divide brothers, may everyone around you from this hour henceforth apply such law against you even in your home In The Name Of Jesus Christ Amen.

You think I will be afraid of saying amen.Just for the record,I'm a full blooded Omoku guy,a royalty for that matter.Like I said I don't have to answer to stranger.Just respect other people's tradition.
Re: The Truth Behind The Killings In Obrikom by arcnomec(m): 10:41pm On Sep 30, 2016
Babysheart:
This is the only land where I've seen a higher number of juju shrines than churches. It's a cursed land.

You claim you are not Igbos, abi? So you go to Benin and crown your kings... From the Eze - Egi to the Chukwumela Nnam-Obi the Ogba king who denies being Igbo despite bearing full Igbo names.

You never knew you bring the witchcrafts Benin people are running from to your land. Those witches and juju you bring are ever blood thirsty. The killings won't stop. When one mafia don dies, another one will arise.

I have never been in support of idol worshipping ,but every community in the nation has a shrine,just that in the case of ogba,they don't hide theirs as other tribes does.Go round your community and search thoroughly inside out you will see a shrine.So don't come and paint a town bad,when yours is not holy.If Christ should come down today,where majority of ogba's will be there's where your kinsmen will be also.Judge not,sayeth the gospel of Christ .
Re: The Truth Behind The Killings In Obrikom by arcnomec(m): 10:52pm On Sep 30, 2016
Babysheart:

Let me schooled you a little,Portuguese and Brazilians bear same name,but that doesn't make them the same.They maybe related by same ancestral bloodline,but they are unique in their own way.Just as an Edo man bears same name with a yoruba man,doesn't make him a Yoruba.Learn to accept the fact that someone whose name sound alike like yours is never related to you,English has proofed that.(Homonyms )
Re: The Truth Behind The Killings In Obrikom by EternalTruths: 11:08pm On Sep 30, 2016
arcnomec:

You think I will be afraid of saying amen.Just for the record,I'm a full blooded Omoku guy,a royalty for that matter.Like I said I don't have to answer to stranger.Just respect other people's tradition.

Do you respect a Tradition that contradicts Christ Words

If truly you are a royalty and your view is that of the majority, then I see no reason to continue to stand on the gap for your people.

I believe God has made it clear to me why my prayer for peace upon Ogba land won't stand.

SalC:

Their present Oba tried to abolish the law against selling land to Igbos after marrying an igbo woman but they threatened to dethrone him if he tries it.

Before I utter my last comment that will come to past on Ogba land, pls clarify the post directly above if truly you are a royalty.

Did your Oba attempt to abolish the law that forbids the sale of land to the Igbos.?

What is the name of that Oba.?
Re: The Truth Behind The Killings In Obrikom by arcnomec(m): 12:10am On Oct 01, 2016
EternalTruths:

Do you respect a Tradition that contradicts Christ Words

If truly you are a royalty and your view is that of the majority, then I see no reason to continue to stand on the gap for your people.

I believe God has made it clear to me why my prayer for peace upon Ogba land won't stand.

Before I utter my last comment that will come to past on Ogba land, pls clarify the post directly above if truly you are a royalty.

Did your Oba attempt to abolish the law that forbids the sale of land to the Igbos.?

What is the name of that Oba.?

Please go have a life bro,your prayers can't even leave the ceiling of your house not to talk of ascending to high heaven's.You talk about Christ yet your words is full of hate and bitterness.Hypocrisy at full display,I rest my case on this issue .We Ogba's will deal with our own problems ,it is internal and we are resolute in finding a listing solution to own affairs.Good bye and happy independence to you.
Re: The Truth Behind The Killings In Obrikom by EternalTruths: 1:03am On Oct 01, 2016
arcnomec:

Please go have a life bro,your prayers can't even leave the ceiling of your house not to talk of ascending to high heaven's.You talk about Christ yet your words is full of hate and bitterness.Hypocrisy at full display,I rest my case on this issue .We Ogba's will deal with our own problems ,it is internal and we are resolute in finding a listing solution to own affairs.Good bye and happy independence to you.

You think my prayers can't have an effect on your people and land.

Bookmark this post for future reference.

If truly you are a royalty of Ogba land and your view is supported by most of your people.

From this day henceforth, O God of the heavens Who's Son died on the Cross and His Spirit dwells in us.

Please if the evil law upheld by the Ogbas is as a result of

1) Oil and Gas beneath their land, dry it up.

2) Past grievance they refused to let my people know in order that we may atone for our sins, may they never find mercy in the hands of those that they will offend.

From this day henceforth 0ctober 1st 2016, in You Peoples names Yahweh, Jesus and HolySpirit let this 2 prayer points come to past on all Ogba people who uphold this evil law.

Until they give up this evil law, may they always be a victim of this evil law outside Ogba land.

As for those Ogbas who reject this evil law and bear no unjust grudge against the Igbo people or any other people, may they excel to the shame of those who uphold this evil law and may those who uphold this evil law see the difference in blessing between them and those who despise the evil law.

My Father, Saviour and Helper, please honour the written words of your imperfect servant (who desires to be perfect and strive towards it) so that the chastisement of those who uphold this evil laws may save their souls both in this life and thereafter.

Let the Soul behind this moniker arcnomec never forget this prayer. Let him live long to see its manifestation and be that messenger to his people to either let go of that evil law or perish outside Your Grace.

In The Name Of The Father (Yahweh), Son (Jesus) and Spirit (HolyGhost) Amen.
Re: The Truth Behind The Killings In Obrikom by Nobody: 4:34am On Oct 01, 2016
arcnomec:

Let me schooled you a little,Portuguese and Brazilians bear same name,but that doesn't make them the same.They maybe related by same ancestral bloodline,but they are unique in their own way.Just as an Edo man bears same name with a yoruba man,doesn't make him a Yoruba.Learn to accept the fact that someone whose name sound alike like yours is never related to you,English has proofed that.(Homonyms )

Very funny post
Re: The Truth Behind The Killings In Obrikom by dannybomb(m): 10:33am On Oct 04, 2016
arcnomec:
[s][/s]

pls what do you mean by Omoku was core out from Obirikom.Hope you are not trying to say Omoku was carved out from Obirikom,cos if that's what you meant,then you must be living in fools paradise for saying so.Then I will advise you go get the history of Ogba from a wise elder in your place.
I never said that obrikom is curve out from omoku. my dad told me that obrikom was the origin of ogba.
Re: The Truth Behind The Killings In Obrikom by dannybomb(m): 10:36am On Oct 04, 2016
EternalTruths:

If oil becomes worthless and the brain power of the Igbo nation becomes the new wealth, will you guys still resist being Biafrans.
then what you mean is, an ogba man don't have brains?
Re: The Truth Behind The Killings In Obrikom by dannybomb(m): 11:20am On Oct 04, 2016
our culture is not your conern. and the cult activity that have been going on in the ogbaland, well I wouldn't comment on that, but know this, the whole Niger delta is involved.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! Nigerian Soldiers Strip Biafra Women Naked At Conference Pics / Kaduna Inland Port For Expansion In 2019 — Manager / 2023: Why Is Tinubu Afraid Of Meeting These Two Men ? (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.