Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,705 members, 7,802,097 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? (21149 Views)

"Evil Owl Sent To Attack My Parents Killed After Midnight Prayer" - Lady / How We Can Reconcile and Restore Our Lost Relationship with God / My Parents Are Treating Me Bad Because I'm An Atheist- Anonym0us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Esychem(f): 3:27pm On Nov 21, 2015
my dear, big time lie, am a born catholic, but married RCCG, anywhere i go i can adapt to a good church, where i sing praises to God, but saying that ur church is bad, is a wrong word. my mum is not born catholic but she got married to a catholic. u go to church with ur hrt and not to condemn doctrines. u can make ur life good by serving God with all ur hrt. i have been to a catholic church when i was serving that the word shook everyone, it s not everywhere. Kn who u r serving and not church. God is everywhere.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by gbolarious1(m): 3:28pm On Nov 21, 2015
malvisguy212:
alright.
thanz for dat. Some of us are just following what we don't understand, all inda name of bible beiliving. Pls let's b right in our decision.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by arent88(m): 3:28pm On Nov 21, 2015
quincybee12:
ill pray and convince him to attend a bible believing church,,,im not saying the church I attend is the best,,,but if he can switch to a bible believing church even if it's not d one I attend,,well get married,,,on d oda hand,,if he refuses,,,well part ways,,i can't marry a catholic
@ op what do u mean by bible believing churches are u saying the catholics dnt believe in the bible.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by bastien: 3:28pm On Nov 21, 2015
iamkingzlee:
Brother, are you not just too foolish undecided who on earth gave you the right to talk bad about a Roman catholic church? That had even existed before you came to earth undecided shut the fvck up and read comments..
Google is ur friend, u can still pass your message without insult, shalom sabbath

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by chaberry(m): 3:28pm On Nov 21, 2015
quincybee12:
ill pray and convince him to attend a bible believing church,,,im not saying the church I attend is the best,,,but if he can switch to a bible believing church even if it's not d one I attend,,well get married,,,on d oda hand,,if he refuses,,,well part ways,,i can't marry a catholic
This one strong oo, what if he attend your so called "bible believing church" and is still filled with Evil that u know nothing about?
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Nwanna2588: 3:29pm On Nov 21, 2015
Those of us that left catholic can attest to the facts here. It is not easy to convince a die-hard catholic. The poster is having a hard time now.

@ the poster, it is time to go spiritual to let your parents see what made you quit catholic. We only preach but God converts.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 21, 2015
Calling God, Father is blasphemous to God. Since Father means Daddy, people that calls their pastors "daddy" are calling them God too Smh for you oooo

malvisguy212:
calling allah father is blasphemous to muslims.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Captain001(m): 3:30pm On Nov 21, 2015
elantraceey:
Dear actions speaks louder than voice, let your parents see your fruits and notice the change in your life, nothing will convert them like a life testimony from you or a situation whereby a family member is sick and you pray for them and they get healed, evidence silents arguement. Let the love life show forth from you to them and trust me God's love is highly contagious if you truely walk in love and pray for them, it wont be long before they have a change of heart. And as for you hope you have a genuine intimacy with God because just attending a church won't grant you eternity neither does it mean you're pleasing God.

Elentracy, never really taken notice of you on Nairaland. This is wisest of all the comments here. OP please take note...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Haywhymido(m): 3:30pm On Nov 21, 2015
Idrismusty97:
From the comments it seems Catholics aren't even considered as Christians cheesy. Many are just saying "Pray for them", "The holy spirit would touch their heart", "Congrats for your salvation" etc. Religion is a huge joke.
dat is one of the way to knw confused folks.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by dozymars(m): 3:31pm On Nov 21, 2015
quincybee12:
I was born into a catholic family. My parents especially my mom is a die-hard catholic. I did all the catholic sacraments, baptism, confirmation, holy eucharist, except matrimony which would come by God's grace. I was known in my parish for being a devout member of some societies.

Fast forward to this day, I'm no more a catholic, I attend bible believing churches like faith baptist/rccg. This is because upon completion of my university education, I was inspired by the Holy spirit to know the truth, I couldn't prove so many catholic beliefs in the bible, and I care a lot about my eternity. It caused a lot of dispute between I and my parents and even up till today, they've stopped calling me or asking about my welfare. All efforts to convince them beyond reasonable doubt have proved abortive. Pls I need your advice nlanders coz I need to reconcile with my family.

It is not strange or new to be persecuted for following your faith so don't be too worried about your situation.
With time your parents will come looking for you.

Just make money and provide for their needs and i assure you they will reconcile with you.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Carlmax(m): 3:31pm On Nov 21, 2015
quincybee12:

"A bible believing church! " what do catholics believe in?
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by bellville: 3:32pm On Nov 21, 2015
Krystalzkris:
smh.. This is very funny.. Humans and our selfish and greedy quest for afterlife making us to overlook the one life we already have..
Hmmm. Deep!
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 21, 2015
chuna1985:

grin

Muslims also say dis same thing
then what do you say?cos its a personal race
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 21, 2015
elantraceey:
Dear actions speaks louder than voice, let your parents see your fruits and notice the change in your life, nothing will convert them like a life testimony from you or a situation whereby a family member is sick and you pray for them and they get healed, evidence silents arguement. Let the love life show forth from you to them and trust me God's love is highly contagious if you truely walk in love and pray for them, it wont be long before they have a change of heart. And as for you hope you have a genuine intimacy with God because just attending a church won't grant you eternity neither does it mean you're pleasing God.

I have always watched you from afar, you're one among the few ladies on this forum that seems to be in control of their conscience. Kudos.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by eddd: 3:35pm On Nov 21, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]
femi4:
Just keep praying for them and let your character and way of life shows that indeed you are Christ follower. With time, your prayers and life style can help in converting them or letting them accept you for who you are.
My advice.......keep praying dat dsame Holy Spirit dat made u see d light of the true Gospel will also minister 2 ur parents. Don't let d issue suffocate u. Just keep doing what d Holy Spirit tells u....God's Grace is sufficient 4 u.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by banku: 3:35pm On Nov 21, 2015
This is how introduced religions Africans never knew existed destroyed families, countries and a whole Continent.

May peace reign on earth.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by femi4: 3:36pm On Nov 21, 2015
eddd:
My advice.......keep praying dat dsame Holy Spirit dat made u see d light of the true Gospel will also minister 2 ur parents. Don't let it d issue suffocate u. Just keep doing what d Holy Spirit tells u....God's Grace is sufficient 4 u.
na me you come quote
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by porshuch: 3:36pm On Nov 21, 2015
quincybee12:
what do you mean by bible believing church? So catholic church don't believe in the bible? Keep on deceiving yourself. You think church will take you to heaven? No way! The only thing that can take you to heaven is to obey the golden rule. Shikena.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by herald9: 3:39pm On Nov 21, 2015
quincybee12:
I'm not being religious,,,i care for my eternity,,i want to please GOD,,,
What eternity?

If the holy spirit could open your eyes to see the implausibilities in Catholicism, I hope one day, it'll also open your eyes to see the absurdities in religion as a whole.

For now you're jumping from fire to frying pan. I wish you could follow your parents belief until you're ready to start your own family.

Even the bible says you should obey your parents to have the eternal life you are pursuing.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by ceeceeuwa: 3:40pm On Nov 21, 2015
What would have happened if you became a Muslim? Didn't know such prejudice is practiced by some christians...I don't know if you have been throwing you new found faith/believe in their face? You need to be cautious in dealing with them! Above all respect and don't argue with them. They will come to accept your decision with time.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by dre11(m): 3:41pm On Nov 21, 2015
quincybee12:
I was born into a catholic family. My parents especially my mom is a die-hard catholic. I did all the catholic sacraments, baptism, confirmation, holy eucharist, except matrimony which would come by God's grace. I was known in my parish for being a devout member of some societies.

Fast forward to this day, I'm no more a catholic, I attend bible believing churches like faith baptist/rccg. This is because upon completion of my university education, I was inspired by the Holy spirit to know the truth, I couldn't prove so many catholic beliefs in the bible, and I care a lot about my eternity. It caused a lot of dispute between I and my parents and even up till today, they've stopped calling me or asking about my welfare. All efforts to convince them beyond reasonable doubt have proved abortive. Pls I need your advice nlanders coz I need to reconcile with my family.

Hold on to what you believe
Hold on to your faith

Don't let your parents change you from what you have and believe
When at the last day..... They won't be the one to answer for you.
All man to himself..

Since your faith brings constant conflict with them.
Don't talk to them about it
Relate with them as your parents but don't bring your faith, doctrine to it.
But, don't let them force their own on you.

The race is an individual race and not a collective one.
Just pray for them and let the holy spirit do the conviction and minister to them.
Remember it's only God and holy spirit that can change a man through its ministration And not you

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 21, 2015
I believe you are over 18 and an adult and as such should be able to make decisions for yourself which I think your parents should respect.
You should not throw your new found faith in your parents face and you should not try to convert them to whatever it is you believe, respect their own beliefs as well.
I also believe a parent's love for their child should be unconditional not when it is convenient for them, they should love you irrespective of your beliefs.
You need your parents and they need you, find a common ground on which you guys can talk and relate without involving your "religion".

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by TAVOX: 3:42pm On Nov 21, 2015
Thank God THE HOLY SPIRIT showed you THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE. I'm so happy for you! As for your parents, God will touch their hearts eventually. Is there anything too hard for God to do? Prayerfully commit them into God's hands.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by eddd: 3:42pm On Nov 21, 2015
femi4:
na me you come quote
no vex, I like ur advice. ...Want 2 emphasize it wink
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by uboma(m): 3:43pm On Nov 21, 2015
SlimBrawnie:
The day you start questioning what is already written,then check yourself.
The bible says you should honour them as long as you are under their care, same way a woman is to submit to her husband(even if he prohibits her from going to church whenever he is around).
Debut. 5:6
Ephesians 6:2
Honour your parent;the first commandment with a promise,meaning respect them in words and actions.
I am a committed Pentecostal,if I decide to get married to a catholic and my parent refuses,I will try convincing them but if that fails, walahi I will let go of that relationship.
Catholic or not,the most important thing is having this very personal fatherly relationship with God. every other thing is secondary.
My Opinion though.

Are you saying that if your husband (when you get married) prohibits you from attending Church service when he is around, you will obey him?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 21, 2015
quincybee12:

If they can not accept the faith and fate you have chosen then fvck em

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 21, 2015
I believe there are two ways to go about this- from your info.you said you have a relationship with God the father through Christ,by this,HE has become your father eternal. Therefore,lay this issue to Him,HEwill handle it.2. Don't make religion out of it-i mean behave in a Christlike manner that there can't be room to gainsay against your new found truth,it will surely draw them. I know what it means to be so seperated but please be very careful that this doesn't be a drawback. Wish u His peace that pass all undestanding

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 21, 2015
chuna1985:

Who told u being a Christian is the way to please God?
Good question , oya op over to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 21, 2015
quincybee12:
.This is because upon completion of my university education, I was inspired by the Holy spirit to know the truth, I couldn't prove so many catholic beliefs in the bible, and I care a lot about my eternity.

Are you sure it was the holy spirit who told you to leave the holy Catholic Church? how do you know it was not the devil and by so doing he has started to put strife in your family. As for the beliefs in the Bible, all the teachings of the Catholic Church has biblical backups. you were misinformed. Go back to the Catholic Church and your present troubles will be over

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 21, 2015
quincybee12:

Wonder what would make me quit being a Catholic when the Blessed Eucharist is there. Op, what says the fourth commandment from God, our Yahweh? I know the Catholic church has history some of which is negative. There are still Bible Studying sodalities that will satisfy your need to know God and Christ more deeply. There is a big difference between being religious and spiritual. Op, that which you seek is in the Catholic Church. Pray for the Holy Spirit's guidance and God's grace.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by uboma(m): 3:51pm On Nov 21, 2015
flexshop:
This poster is foolish, catholic is not a bible believing church?
Who even compiled your so called bible? Do you even know your history...

You need to learn to pass your points without insulting the op. This doesn't portray you as a good Christian.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by thatcbnguy(m): 3:51pm On Nov 21, 2015
Op Niggar I have just an advise for u... If ur parents were really a true Catholic, dey wud have forgiven u. They r just lip-servicing buh not practical.

NB: Am a Catholic too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell / Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? / Prophet Uebert Angel Of Zimbabwe Attacks Prophet TB Joshua During Prophecy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.