Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Islam And Polygamy - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Islam And Polygamy (2560 Views)

One Man, Many Wives. The Truth About Modern Day Polygamy in Nigeria / 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy / How Do Women In Polygamy Cope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam And Polygamy by thorpido(m): 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2015
Mzdivacious:
do i look like a jobless person who is gona humor u like mrolai been humoring cococandy since?? gerrarrahia mehn shiit
google is ur friend bro
Humour?You're showing intellectual laziness by claiming joblessness.

1 Like

Re: Islam And Polygamy by olashas(f): 4:33pm On Nov 21, 2015
Rubbish tongue
Re: Islam And Polygamy by MrOlai: 4:37pm On Nov 21, 2015
cococandy:
Yet no tangible census data in that write up.
I hail thee

Census data aside now. Look around you wherever you are. Don't you have many single marriageable women around you, who cannot find husbands even though you may have many single men around?

What about widows especially young widows of around 25 or 30 years? All these are the surplus women we are talking about.
Re: Islam And Polygamy by MrOlai: 4:41pm On Nov 21, 2015
olashas:
Rubbish tongue

Which one pls?
Re: Islam And Polygamy by Mzdivacious(f): 8:26pm On Nov 21, 2015
thorpido:
Humour?You're showing intellectual laziness by claiming joblessness.
i dont think so,i call it joblessness cos id rather be checking out interesting pages than helping u search for facts u could research on urself,if u were interested enough rather than asking someone to help u do it.anyways...

2 Likes

Re: Islam And Polygamy by thorpido(m): 8:34pm On Nov 21, 2015
Mzdivacious:
i dont think so,i call it joblessness cos id rather be checking out interesting pages than helping u search for facts u could research on urself,if u were interested enough rather than asking someone to help u do it.anyways...
Duh
Re: Islam And Polygamy by Mzdivacious(f): 8:39pm On Nov 21, 2015
thorpido:
Duh
lol whatever
Re: Islam And Polygamy by MrOlai: 2:43pm On Nov 22, 2015
olashas:
Rubbish tongue

Still expecting...
Re: Islam And Polygamy by olashas(f): 5:50pm On Nov 22, 2015
MrOlai:

Still expecting...
Keep waiting for something that is so obvious. tongue
Re: Islam And Polygamy by cococandy(f): 11:01pm On Nov 22, 2015
MrOlai:

Some of the census data in the world today are politicized data. They are politicized by the powers that be, for best reasons known to them. Just like some of the figures in election/census data in Nigeria.
of course.
They fake the data of male population.
Hilarious
Re: Islam And Polygamy by cococandy(f): 11:02pm On Nov 22, 2015
MrOlai:

Census data aside now. Look around you wherever you are. Don't you have many single marriageable women around you, who cannot find husbands even though you may have many single men around?

What about widows especially young widows of around 25 or 30 years? All these are the surplus women we are talking about.
Same way I see many single marriageable guys.
And widowers too.
Who will marry these young boys abi dem no good to marry?
You don't have a point.

3 Likes

Re: Islam And Polygamy by limamintruth: 11:20pm On Nov 22, 2015
MrOlai:

No! Even though some men hide under excuses for personal desires, there are genuine reasons for men to marry more than one wife! We can't be wiser than God! That husbands should not marry another wives is just an excuse from women for fleshy desires too like you accused men. Majority of women don't want their husbands to marry another wives yet they wouldn't mind if their husbands sleep with other women outside as in boyfriend/girlfriend relationship!

And were you personally there when the supposed 'God' passed that law or injunction? undecided

We need to maintain the religious neutrality this family section possesses. ThankU! cool

1 Like

Re: Islam And Polygamy by MrOlai: 7:40am On Nov 23, 2015
cococandy:

Same way I see many single marriageable guys.
And widowers too.
Who will marry these young boys abi dem no good to marry?
You don't have a point.

On a more serious note now.
If Adenuga, the billionaire owner of GLO or Dangote approaches you with marriage proposal now, with the promise of buying separate mansions for you in Ikoyi, V.I. or Banana Island coupled with other good things of life like Ferrari, Lincoln Navigator, Buggati Veron, etc, with monthly allowance of #5,000,000, won't you accept the proposal?

Pls, YES or NO?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam And Polygamy by cococandy(f): 9:10am On Nov 23, 2015
First of all. The answer is NO.

But How does that address the issue of polygamy?

You're only asking me if I'd marry for money.

because if it were strictly about polygamy, why not ask me if I'd marry some joe out there with nothing to his name and one or two wives already in a union with him.
If I say yes to adenuga and say no to jack it is not because I'm fine with polygamy but because I'm greedy and just want the money.
MrOlai:

On a more serious note now.
If Adenuga, the billionaire owner of GLO or Dangote approaches you with marriage proposal now, with the promise of buying separate mansions for you in Ikoyi, V.I. or Banana Island coupled with other good things of life like Ferrari, Lincoln Navigator, Buggati Veron, etc, with monthly allowance of #5,000,000, won't you accept the proposal?

Pls, YES or NO?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Perfect Man: The Day My Dad Couldn't Kill A Snake For Me. / My Salary Is 126k And Cost Of Fueling Per Month Is 120k. / Church: Place To Get The Best Man/Woman For Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.