Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,102 members, 7,807,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist (47824 Views)

Benue Massacre: Ortom Lazy, Not Qualified To Be Governor - Nyesom Wike / From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister / Kemi Adeosun ‘poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Gbawe: 8:11am On Nov 21, 2015
chuxam:
we are always doing politics of tribe with everything in this country,there are better economists,good enough the criticism did not emanate locally.the implication is that she wont receive global acceptance period.

And how will this prevent her from doing her job well?

@topic.

Sometimes I cannot believe the arrogance of Western press. Especially Britain with reportage that offensively have an imperialist tinge to their messages. What exactly makes her "poorly qualified"? She has relevant academic credentials and has good/relevant if not outstanding work experience. What disciples of academic/CV 'bling bling' will never understand is that Nigeria's problem are not that complex as to require Einstein-like intervention everywhere. Any averagely decent solution provider with sound academic knowledge (which Kemi surpasses on both count) can do wonders under a president 100% prepared to work for Nigeria as has never being the case since 1999.

Overall, for those who truly understand Nigeria and the dynamics of current issues, it is obvious things are more about the seriousness and political will the government of the day will be operating with. Therefore the most loaded CV (NOI) can deliver zilch under a worthless President (GEJ) whereas an appointee with a so-called modest CV (Adeosun) could perform wonders under a President (PMB) who is brave, has uncompromising political will and is ready to support her 100% to deliver results. As simple as that. Anyone good at identifying problems and capable of devising innovative solutions will thrive under the right President whereas the most impressive Nigerians have failed under many worthless and anti-people Presidents.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by TijaniAbu: 8:12am On Nov 21, 2015
Water must find its level. Municipal town council level placed in charge of economy of most populous black nation. And there we are. That her comical address at her screening was like local kids debating competition where the child that speaks the most rubbish fastest gets the prize. University of East London? Warraheck is that? Must have been one of those bush community colleges when she was there, later upgraded to a poly and then a university. The woman is out of her depth, McKinsey (as engaged by Mr Vice President Osinbajo "I am in charge of economic policy"wink will be doing her work for her and charging Nigeria $6000 per hour to do so for next 4 years. Woe is Nigeria
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by phonesNgadgets: 8:22am On Nov 21, 2015
Lolaxavier, ciscogod and seunmsg smiley
You guyz are optimists and I really like your judgement.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by phabulux: 8:29am On Nov 21, 2015
mart2k:
Just c how u ar making fool of urssef to d whole world. Tell me, who dosnt know that d Yorubas are far ahead of Ibos in every area including education and, human resources. Flat heads wl always b chest beaters. Yorubas av nothing to compete wit u, u ar d one tryin everything to impress d south west. Ibos and Hausas ar d one competing. Sincerely speaking, ibo is d least among d major tribes in Nigeria. U know it except uar pretending. In case u dnt knw, ibos ar second class citizens. Get dat to ur flat head

Abeg, tell them. Let them know.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by EternalTruths: 8:47am On Nov 21, 2015
erekoshe:
The same people who were filled with ecstasy that an "international paper" calls GEJ clueless are the same people under a year castigating the paper and calling it "nonsense". One had to write pretty long rebuttal on behalf of Ambode.

Karma is a b.I.t.c.h!

If The Economist was right about GEJ, then they're right about Ambode, Kemi and about PMB.

GEJ-clueless
Ambode-incompetent
Kemi - poorly qualified
PMB- slow and direction-less

Those are the choice of words from Economist

God bless you

Hypocrisy is the trademark of the slaves down south cool

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by boujaye: 8:48am On Nov 21, 2015
seunmsg:
Economist of London will not dictate PMB's choice of Finance minister. The last time the job was given to a world bank economist, she did a very bad job on the economy. We are satisfied with Kemi Adeosun, we don't want another IMF/World Bank puppet.
don't just throw away observations of international expert, its obvious incomptency from the top to the buttom is now in charge of the affairs of the country, we only pray that they will succeed. the system call Nigeria is complex to govern, its not for amateurs or jjc, lest they will take Nigeria 7 steps back, but God forbid!
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by raphoo(m): 9:57am On Nov 21, 2015
FreeGlobe:

don't worry under this buhari administration, very soon naira will be competing with Zimbabwe dollars. useless
i smell Biafruad, grin
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by toyinid78: 10:12am On Nov 21, 2015
ki02020:
Fashola never appeared qualified to so many...m even his first term govenorship debate was less convincing look what he's been able to achieve...besides what has the almighty Ngozi achieve
list fasholas achievement go back to lagos history,jankande gave all dos saying lagos is no mans land an opportunity to live in lagos by building houses for d poor in festac,amuwo,lekki etc education was provided to all secondary schools willing teens,he built d present day alausa n bought better bigger brt bussess dat lost continuity cos tinubu converted all officess to lamata office we can relate to many things dat jankande was giving award to by fashola himself
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by lomprico(m): 10:39am On Nov 21, 2015
dyn1800:
Lol gullibility?.... Hmmm I'm just coming to terms for responding to your Myopic view..... Thanks for your time.
Even if i am rock bottom dumb, there has never been in Nigerian history where fuel was sold 1000 naira per liter not even in a black market. Keep lying n deceiving yourself. You are a gullible fool.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by blackpriest0911: 10:43am On Nov 21, 2015
Okonjo iwela with all her qualifications was a failure,foolish economist magazine

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by dyn1800: 10:45am On Nov 21, 2015
Gracias......
lomprico:

Even if i am rock bottom dumb, there has never been in Nigerian history where fuel was sold 1000 naira per liter not even in a black market. Keep lying n deceiving yourself. You are a gullible fool.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by 1Segzy: 10:53am On Nov 21, 2015
Many had been there before with 'good qualifications'. What did they do for us?. Among other things they ended up destroying our naira. I beg let us try somebody with common sense for a change.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Festorich(m): 11:06am On Nov 21, 2015
They should keep their assumption to themselves..even thou we use fresh graduate as our minister of finance, its non of their business..this western countries forming as thou they know everything..
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by CSTR2: 11:31am On Nov 21, 2015
I said it and the moronns called me all sorts of unprintable names.
We will all see how it goes.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by mart2k(m): 11:37am On Nov 21, 2015
new2020:

Statistics show that Igbos are leading all other tribes in Nigeria including Yorubas in every measure of human success and exceptionalism by a large margin. Days of Yoruba deception and propaganda are gone.
Which statistic? Ibo made statistics I guess. Continue to encourage ursef
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Dbboy(m): 11:40am On Nov 21, 2015
N[quote author=wink2015 post=40245584][size=18pt]With all the big degrees that Okonjo Iweala hold, how did the Jonathan administration ended up. is it not Soludo who is telling us that Jonathan administration is the worst administration ever in Nigeria in terms of fiscal management.

If not for Obasanjo who brought Okonjo Iweala to limelight was she known in Nigeria. Our economy is not that of those G8 or G20 economy we should use our local content and grow at our own pace. Jonathan was carried away by Okonjo Iweala big degree or big qualification, but she ended up giving the boys an opportunity to rip us off of our commonwealth.[/size]

Yes the Yoruba mans philosophy attribute everything good to them directly or indirectly. Under a Yoruba man NOI did well under The other southern man she did bad despite growing our economy to the biggest in Africa Fact so deal with it all you Yoruba tribalist
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Dbboy(m): 11:45am On Nov 21, 2015
wink2015:
[size=18pt]With all the big degrees that Okonjo Iweala hold, how did the Jonathan administration ended up. is it not Soludo who is telling us that Jonathan administration is the worst administration ever in Nigeria in terms of fiscal management.

If not for Obasanjo who brought Okonjo Iweala to limelight was she known in Nigeria. Our economy is not that of those G8 or G20 economy we should use our local content and grow at our own pace. Jonathan was carried away by Okonjo Iweala big degree or big qualification, but she ended up giving the boys an opportunity to rip us off of our commonwealth.[/size]

Yes the Yoruba mans philosophy attribute everything good to them directly or indirectly. Under a Yoruba man NOI did well under The other southern man she did bad despite growing our economy to the biggest in Africa Fact so deal with it all you Yoruba tribalist

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by birmingham04: 12:32pm On Nov 21, 2015
Kemi Adeosun will far better than okonjo wala. Let us forget about paper qualification. The oyinbo man will say knowing something in theory is fine but in a real world it is pratical experience that always count. Okonjo wala is good but she brought anti African policy to us in which kemi Adeosun will ever do.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by logica(m): 1:13pm On Nov 21, 2015
Ciscogod:
Okonjo iwella got all the qualifications. Where did she leave our economy? DiD she diversify it? Did naira has edge our dollar.?. What was her major achievement?
LOL. Don't mind them. As long as you the minister isn't one of their (IMF/World Bank) cronies, he/she will never be qualified.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by ohenhen1: 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2015
The same Economist that want us to allow free flow of goods from the West. Offcourse they will not like any one that is saying Made in Nigeria at her confirmation hearing.

First it was no government, now it is they are not qualified, they can't stand up to the President. We are not fools, we see the hidden agenda.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 21, 2015
Ciscogod:
Okonjo iwella got all the qualifications. Where did she leave our economy? DiD she diversify it? Did naira has edge our dollar.?. What was her major achievement?
May God bless you.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by lordseun1(m): 3:42pm On Nov 21, 2015
let this woman deliver, stop criticizing.
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by EricDonn(m): 3:43pm On Nov 21, 2015
She left Ogun state insolvent and needing FG bailout and APC rewarded her with a bigger job. Besides she is same with Iweala, all this UK and American degrees, we need a finance minister from LASU, UI, UNN, ABU, DELSU
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Ciscogod(m): 3:50pm On Nov 21, 2015
lekahm:

May God bless you.

And u too bro.

I'm just being realistic.

Kemi hasn't spent a month and peepa are already criticising. Thats absurd
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by chukzzy1(m): 5:49pm On Nov 21, 2015
Today is my birthday but I won't beg for likes..
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by Abbeyeiyan: 9:32am On Nov 22, 2015
Phew! I took time reading all the arguments. You don't want my verdict.
Anyways, 'the Economist' couldn't be more wrong!
Firstly, the last government was seemingly packed with overqualified eggheads including the Presido. They failed woefully. Alas, we are still in the throes of the wonderment of an economic state they left us in.
Who does not know that comparatively Obasanjo's government had better directions and achievements than GEJ's? In the 2nd term of Obasanjo (no doctorate o) when he decidedly used professionals to man the posts instead of political affiliates the cookies crumbled. It happens only in Naija. It would seem only the President mattered and as a matter of fact he 'shouldn't' have trails of degrees.
We don't need experimentation at this time. Enough is enough.
Adeosun did not leave Ogun State in shambles contrary to suggestions. A lot was achieved under her pragmatic style. Her consultations with stakeholders are good signs of willingness to work with relevant bodies to deliver.
All professors are not great people o. And all great people are not professors. grin
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by MizMyColi(f): 11:01am On Nov 25, 2015
@4play @kenai @Hinwazaka @Whynotthetruth @Ngeneukwenu

I know this isn't related to the topic, but I want your views on the CBN MPC held on the 23rd and 24th of this month.

I for one think that the decision to cut lending rates by 2 percent is a plus....
I cannot say that really for other decisions taken.

What's your take on the decisions below?

The Committee’s Decisions

In consideration of the weakening fundamentals of the economy, particularly the low output growth, rising unemployment and the uncertainty of the global economic environment, the MPC, by a vote of 8 out of 10, reduced the MPR from 13.0 to 11.0 per cent while 2 members voted for a retention of the rate at 13.0 per cent; 7 members voted to reduce the Cash Reserve Requirement (CRR) from 25.0 per cent to 20.0 per cent while 3 members voted to hold. In addition, 8 members voted for an asymmetric corridor of +2/-7 per cent while 2 voted to retain the symmetric corridor of +/-2 per cent around the Monetary Policy Rate (MPR).

The MPC emphasized that the liquidity arising from the reduction in the CRR to 20 per cent, will only be released to the banks that are willing to channel it to employment generating activities in the economy such as agriculture, infrastructure and solid minerals.

In summary, the MPC voted to:

(i) Reduce the CRR from 25.0 per cent to 20.0 per cent;

(ii) Reduce the MPR from 13.0 per cent to 11.0 per cent;

(iii) Change the symmetric corridor of 200 basis points around the MPR to an asymmetric corridor of +200 basis points and -700 basis points, around the MPR.

Thank you.
http://newsdiaryonline.com/cbn-monetary-policy-committee-meetingthe-communique/

You can download the communique document here
http://www.cenbank.org/documents/mpc.asp

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by francizy(m): 11:02am On Nov 25, 2015
Sidown look na im I dey oh! Make I give am change see her performance first..
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by dhtglobal(m): 8:32am On Dec 01, 2015
DrOladipo:
With hundreds of advisers from Harvard and other ivy league schools, Americans still fault the economic policies of Mr. Obama! We don't want a minister of finance with massive certificates and little impact on our dwindling economy. We are in a terrible state of economic doldrums and Kemi knows the enormous task in that office!
#4yearswilljudge
Re: Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist by 4Play(m): 9:14am On Dec 01, 2015
MizMyColi:
@4play @kenai @Hinwazaka @Whynotthetruth @Ngeneukwenu

I know this isn't related to the topic, but I want your views on the CBN MPC held on the 23rd and 24th of this month.

I for one think that the decision to cut lending rates by 2 percent is a plus....
I cannot say that really for other decisions taken.

What's your take on the decisions below?

Thanks in anticipation

It depends on what is prompting it. Ordinarily, a cut in lending rate at this time will weaken the Naira and increase inflation but they are justifying it on the basis of providing a boost to the economy. I feel the CBN should concentrate on fighting inflation and should not have cut the lending rate. Boosting the economy should be left to the FG via fiscal policy and structural reforms.

Whilst the stated reasons for cutting lending rates are to boost the economy, the CBN's rate cut might be prompted by an unstated reason:distress in the banking system.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Inside CBN’s Centre Of Excellence In ABU, Zaria Commissioned By Buhari / Orji Uzor Kalu In Tears As 9th NASS Bows Out / ISIS Announces Abu Musab Al-Barnawi As New Boko Haram Leader To Replace Shekau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.