Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,770 members, 7,806,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia (18886 Views)

104 Christians Convert To Islam In Delta State. See Photos / 136 Christians Convert To Islam In Kwara State / Renouncing My Christian Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 21, 2015
Before you blame Saudi Arabia, don't forget that this happened because of some Western idi.ots who continues to trade (including arms that they have refudeed yo sell to the Nigetian government) with Saudi Arabia despite its blatant abuse for HR.

Also, Saudi Arabia is the Chairman of UN HR panel

Why should I worry my head when the powerful have decided to tackle issues at the source because of power and wealthundecided

You are welcomecheesy
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by dorox(m): 8:24pm On Nov 21, 2015
daretodiffer:

http://www.fiqhcouncil.org/node/34

That should explain it.

cc dorox

I read the post despite its length, and all I saw was some lazy attempt by the writer to make islam look less bad and absolve it from some of the barbaric acts done in its name. The guy believes that even if apostasy might not merit a death penalty, it still remain a criminal offence and those found guilty should be detained until such time that they repent.
It is notable that a famous companion, Omar, was disappointed when he learned that an apostate was killed. When asked what he would have done he suggested that the apostate should have been detained and given an opportunity to reconsider his decision. He did not speak of any time limit, which may negate the notion of mandatory capital punishment. The same view was held by two of the generation of “Tabi‘een” , namely Ibrahim Al-Nakh‘I and Sufian Al-Thawri. Some scholars argue that the apostasy in the early days of Islam was in the context of security and war situation. For example, Jamal Al-Banna suggest that: “the notion of apostasy it the time of the Prophet [P] was coupled with animosity against Islam and waging war against it. So, one who believed in him [the Prophet] was endeavoring to support him, and one who apostated was endeavoring to wage war against him and join the idolatrous folk”. 25 He then gives an example the case of Abdullah Ibn Abi Al-Sarh who accepted Islam, then apostated and then went to Makkah to instigate the tribe of Quraish to fight against the Prophet [P]. A similar view was expressed by Shaikh Abdul-Majeed Subh. 26

In summary, the imam believes that it is ok to stone adulterers but not so for apostates unless they are opposed to Muhammed. Tell me again what you think is virtuous with this position? Granted, it appears less bad compared to the Islamic state and Saudi, but not by much.
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 21, 2015
trapQ:
then keep bombing yourselves, that's what y'all know how to do right grin

mind you, Christ has conquered death (spiritual death) for us. And as Christians, when we die the physical death, we'd be with the Lord in heaven, not the sexually pervasive inexistent paradise with 72 virgins.

lmao grin grin grin

Eeyah! Pele!
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 21, 2015
dorox:

I read the post despite its length, and all I saw was some lazy attempt by the writer to make islam look less bad and absolve it from some of the barbaric acts done in its name. The guy believes that even if apostasy might not merit a death penalty, it still remain a criminal offence and those found guilty should be detained until such time that they repent.

In summary, the imam believes that it is ok to stone adulterers but not so for apostates unless they are opposed to Muhammed.

You have tried bit it is not working

Perhaps another try
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by dorox(m): 8:58pm On Nov 21, 2015
daretodiffer:

Are you crazy?
He is not crazy, just being a good conservative muslim unlike you.

daretodiffer:

Ode!
My quote above wasn't meant to imply that you are not a good muslim, it was just to point out the fact that your position is different from that of millions of ultra-conservative muslims that hold on to a vacuous literalistic medieval interpretation of the quran and the hadiths. Whether the person I quoted is a muslim or not still does not change the fact that there are millions of legitimate muslims that still hold on to such regressive beliefs.
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by tartar9(m): 9:03pm On Nov 21, 2015
trapQ:
there's no need to play sides here. Call a spade a spade.

Islam gives no conditions to it. so many Christians have been killed for apostisizing in Islamic countries, and I didn't see how they "disrupted the peace of the community".

if Christians retaliate by putting these laws in place in Christian countries such as US, UK, Canada, etc, we all know you lots won't like it.

there are no conditions given for the capital punishment of apostasy in Islamic countries. Whenever a citizen becomes an apostate, he is to be killed, end of story. No need of trying to justify this barbaric act.
which xtian country?
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 21, 2015
dorox:

My quote above wasn't meant to imply that you are not a good muslim, it was just to point out the fact that your position is different from that of millions of ultra-conservative muslims that hold on to a vacuous literalistic medieval interpretation of the quran and the hadiths. Whether the person I quoted is a muslim or not still does not change the fact that there are millions of legitimate muslims that still hold on to such regressive beliefs.

They are not conservatives. They are extremists. There are millions of Muslims that do not hold the view. undecided.

I am still holding on to my view about youundecided
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by dorox(m): 9:27pm On Nov 21, 2015
daretodiffer:

They are not conservatives. They are extremists. There are millions of Muslims that do not hold the view. undecided.

I am still holding on to my view about youundecided
Here is a video clip of a well respected regular mainstream conservative muslim that holds a view contrary to yours.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktVPjQZcI0w
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 21, 2015
dorox:

Here is a video clip of a well respected regular mainstream conservative muslim that holds a view contrary to yours.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktVPjQZcI0w

And there are several well-respected conservative Muslim leaders that share my view
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by true2god: 9:37pm On Nov 21, 2015
Demmzy15:
Looks like you don't hear word, nevertheless your nonsense has been refuted long long ago. https://www.nairaland.com/2509652/pure-description-islam

Go through the thread, the above assertion was treated and no Christian was able to refute the 12year old to 90year old Mary and Joseph scandal. Feel free to punch!
I know you are pained that your prophet is not an ok person at all. Can you give your 6-year old daughter to a man of 51 years? I know you wont. Why do you think mohammed is a decent man with all the evident in the quran and the hadith that signified that he is a psycopath and a criminal? Do muslims think at all?

No any biblical evidence that mary was 12 when she married. You can provide one if you have any.
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by dorox(m): 9:44pm On Nov 21, 2015
daretodiffer:

And there are several well-respected Muslim Muslim leaders that share my view
I never said that wasn't the case, hence the descriptor "conservative muslims". Unless you want to argue that those muslims who are in support of death penalty for adultery and apostasy (which by the way make up a whopping majority of muslims in countries like Pakistan and Saudi Arabia) are not real muslims, otherwise you will have to accept that their interpretation is a plausible reading of the quran and the hadith that is no less valid than yours.
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 21, 2015
dorox:

I never said that wasn't the case, hence the descriptor "conservative muslims". Unless you want to argue that those muslims who are in support of death penalty for adultery and apostasy (which by the way make up a whopping majority of muslims in countries like Pakistan and Saudi Arabia) are not real muslims, otherwise you will have to accept that their interpretation is a plausible reading of the quran and the hadith that is no less valid than yours.

You have to ask yourself whether those percentage are Muslims in the sense of being a Muslim. Whether these people know that it wasn't expressly/implied in the Qur'an.
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by Demmzy15(m): 10:01pm On Nov 21, 2015
true2god:
I know you are pained that your prophet is not an ok person at all.

Pained for what?! grin Now you're being emotional, click up the link and refute Mr man.

Can you give your 6-year old daughter to a man of 51 years? I know you wont.

Can you allow God to impregnate your daughter at 12?! undecided Can you allow a 90years old man marry your 12year old daughter?! undecided

Why do you think mohammed is a decent man with all the evident in the quran and the hadith that signified that he is a psycopath and a criminal? Do muslims think at all?

Is that why you want to cry?! grin grin grin grin Ever since I've been active on Nairaland Religion Section none of you have proved any of the above assertion. You just keep cursing and lamenting and you expect to convert Muslims from this?! I think you must be high on Holy Spirit's sh't! grin

No any biblical evidence that mary was 12 when she married. You can provide one if you have any.

There's no Quranic evidence that Aisha was 9years during marriage, but it's in the hadeeth. The same applies to Christianity, Mary's age is not in the Bible(if it was then we would accept) so we're free to use other documents. Click up that link mor'on!
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 21, 2015
dorox:

You also have to stop using those countries as benchmarks. Saudi Arabia supports maltreatment of domestic workers wheareas in Islam it is forbidden to mistreat your employees
Pakistan is hardly an Islamic country but it is a country unite by the religion.
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by dorox(m): 10:18pm On Nov 21, 2015
daretodiffer:

You have to ask yourself whether those percentage are Muslims in the sense of being a Muslim. Whether these people know that it wasn't expressly/implied in the Qur'an.
As long as these people have not been declared
I thought that muslims regard it as a serious matter to call takfir on a fellow muslim. If they are not real muslims does that make them kafirs?
Bear in mind that more than 90% of Saudis hold the belief that apostasy from islam is punishable by death.
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 21, 2015
dorox:

As long as these people have not been declared
I thought that muslims regard it as a serious matter to call takfir on a fellow muslim. If they are not real muslims does that make them kafirs?
Bear in mind that more than 90% of Saudis hold the belief that apostasy from islam is punishable by death.

Why are you asking me? I am only querying the credibility of the countries you have used as benchmarks for Muslims.
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by dorox(m): 10:23pm On Nov 21, 2015
daretodiffer:

You also have to stop using those countries as benchmarks. Saudi Arabia supports maltreatment of domestic workers wheareas in Islam it is forbidden to mistreat your employees
Pakistan is hardly an Islamic country but it is a country unite by the religion.
I use Saudi Arabia as a benchmark because their land is the home of your prophet and they speak the same arabic language that the quran was written in, so one can argue that their understanding of the religion should hold more weight than yours whom I presumes speaks little or no arabic.
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 21, 2015
dorox:

I use Saudi Arabia as a benchmark because their land is the home of your prophet and they speak the same arabic language that the quran was written in, so one can argue that their understanding of the religion should hold more weight than yours whom I presumes speaks little or no arabic.

You see

You don't know my religion

It is the home of the prophet but its leaders are worse than the devil
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by dorox(m): 10:34pm On Nov 21, 2015
daretodiffer:

You see

You don't know my religion

It is the home of the prophet but its leaders are worse than the devil
I am talking about view of the average Saudi muslim man and woman. Unless people with such views are guilty of takfir, and are no longer considered to be part of the muslim ummah, then I think calling them conservative muslims is more accurate.
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by true2god: 5:15am On Nov 22, 2015
Demmzy15:

Pained for what?! grin Now you're being emotional, click up the link and refute Mr man.

Can you allow God to impregnate your daughter at 12?! undecided Can you allow a 90years old man marry your 12year old daughter?! undecided

Is that why you want to cry?! grin grin grin grin Ever since I've been active on Nairaland Religion Section none of you have proved any of the above assertion. You just keep cursing and lamenting and you expect to convert Muslims from this?! I think you must be high on Holy Spirit's sh't! grin

There's no Quranic evidence that Aisha was 9years during marriage, but it's in the hadeeth. The same applies to Christianity, Mary's age is not in the Bible(if it was then we would accept) so we're free to use other documents. Click up that link mor'on!
Sorry, I know I am spoiling your mood, but you are no longer making sense nor arguing rationally. Why are you denying your hadith which clearly shows that your prophet was a pedofile for marrying a 6 year old girl? And note that Aisha was engaged to jubair before your prophet jelously initiated the cancellation of the engagement so that he can have her (the same thing he did to zaid so that he can marry zainab). Dont you believ in your hadith again? Is sahih bukhari no longer part and parcel of islamic source material? Walahi you will be publicly beheaded in saudi arabia if you openly deny these hadiths. Do you understand islam more than the saudis?

I am not forcing any muslim to leave islam but just pointing out the fact that islamic prophet is not a decent man, using the quran and the hadith. Am I the one that wrote the quran and the hadith? No. Original muslims (the arabs) do not deny the hadith which exposed the criminalities of your prophet, they rather view mohammed deeds as a noble thing but you fake nigerian muslims (who arabs see as fake and arab slaves) would rather spend all your time and energy emotionally defending the arabain baddest man and slave trader, Mohammed ibn Abdullah (slave of allahh).

If you dont accept the hadith on mohammed marriage to aisha (at 6) and mohammed snatching zainab from zaid, why do you accept that hadith that asked you to pray five time a day (you can as well show me where it was written in your quran to pray 5 times a day)?
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by true2god: 5:55am On Nov 22, 2015
daretodiffer:

The first country any sane person will use to bench-mark islam is saudi arabia. Saudi arabia is the home to the islamic prophet, the home to the two islamic most sacred cities (mecca and medina), the place the islamic prophet was buried, the home to the famous prophet mosque, the home to muslims' most sacred shrine which muslims worldwide idolize (the kabba). Saudi arabia is one of the few countries that accept all the hadiths and the sunnah of the islamic prophet (without question) because they understand the history of islam and part and parcel of the islamic history. So who is more islamic than saudi arabia, is it Nigeria? Tell me the country we should use to bench-mark islam.

If saudi arabia make apostasy punishable by death they are following the hadith and the sunnah of the islamic prophet. Muslims living in saudi arabia, pakistan, iran, sudan, somalia etc, have no problem with killing apostates (in line with islamic laws) but muslims living in 'decent' countries find it embarrassing to their religion hence will cook up many lies in order to deny their apostasy law. Many muslims lives a duplicate life and beliefs and thats bad.

Lets see some hadith that justify the killing of apostates:

Sahih Bukhari, volume 9, #17

"Narrated Abdullah: Allah's Messenger said, "The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Messenger, cannot be shed except in three cases: in Qisas (equality in punishment) for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (Apostate) and leaves the Muslims."

Sahih Bukhari, volume 9, #57 Narrated Ikrima, "Some atheists were brought to Ali and he burnt them. The news of this event, reached Ibn Abbas who said, "If I had been in his place, I would not have burnt them, as Allah's messenger forbade it, saying, "Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire)." I would have killed them according to the statement of Allah's Messenger, "Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him."

Sahih Bukhari, volume 9, #58 Narrated Abu Burda, "Abu Musa said.....Behold there was a fettered man beside Abu Musa. Muadh asked, "Who is this (man)?" Abu Musa said, "He was a Jew and became a Muslim and then reverted back to Judaism." Then Abu Musa requested Muadh to sit down but Muadh said, "I will not sit down till he has been killed. This is the judgment of Allah and his messenger," and repeated it thrice. Then Abu Musa ordered that the man be killed, and he was killed. Abu Musa added, "Then we discussed the night prayers .....

These are very few hadiths that justified killing of apostates in islam. So if saudi arabia is evil and barbaric, that means islam is evil and equally barbaric because the saudi government rule by 100% sharia law and consevatively follow the trilogy the the quran, the hadith (especillay sahih bukhari and sahih muslim) and the sunnah (especially ones from ibn ishaq and al-tabari).

On a final note, can you provide any country to bench-mark islam since you claim that saudi arabia is not islamic enough to be used for bench-marking islamic beliefs?

1 Like

Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 6:11am On Nov 22, 2015
true2god:
The first country any sane person will use to bench-mark islam is saudi arabia. Saudi arabia is the home to the islamic prophet, the home to the two islamic most sacred cities (mecca and medina), the place the islamic prophet was buried, the home to the famous prophet mosque, the home to muslims' most sacred shrine which muslims worldwide idolize (the kabba). Saudi arabia is one of the few countries that accept all the hadiths and the sunnah of the islamic prophet (without question) because they understand the history of islam and part and parcel of the islamic history. So who is more islamic than saudi arabia, is it Nigeria? Tell me the country we should use to bench-mark islam.

If saudi arabia make apostasy punishable by death they are following the hadith and the sunnah of the islamic prophet. Muslims living in saudi arabia, pakistan, iran, sudan, somalia etc, have no problem with killing apostates (in line with islamic laws) but muslims living in 'decent' countries find it embarrassing to their religion hence will cook up many lies in order to deny their apostasy law. Many muslims lives a duplicate life and beliefs and thats bad.

"Narrated Abdullah: Allah's Messenger said, "The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Messenger, cannot be shed except in three cases: in Qisas (equality in punishment) for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (Apostate) and leaves the Muslims."

Sahih Bukhari, volume 9, #57 Narrated Ikrima, "Some atheists were brought to Ali and he burnt them. The news of this event, reached Ibn Abbas who said, "If I had been in his place, I would not have burnt them, as Allah's messenger forbade it, saying, "Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire)." I would have killed them according to the statement of Allah's Messenger, "Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him."

Sahih Bukhari, volume 9, #58 Narrated Abu Burda, "Abu Musa said.....Behold there was a fettered man beside Abu Musa. Muadh asked, "Who is this (man)?" Abu Musa said, "He was a Jew and became a Muslim and then reverted back to Judaism." Then Abu Musa requested Muadh to sit down but Muadh said, "I will not sit down till he has been killed. This is the judgment of Allah and his messenger," and repeated it thrice. Then Abu Musa ordered that the man be killed, and he was killed. Abu Musa added, "Then we discussed the night prayers .....

These are very few hadiths that justified killing of apostates in islam. So if saudi arabia is evil and barbaric, that means islam is evil and equally barbaric because the saudi government rule by 100% sharia law and consevatively follow the trilogy the the quran, the hadith (especillay sahih bukhari and sahih muslim) and the sunnah (especially ones from ibn ishaq and al-tabari).

On a final note, can you provide any country to bench-mark islam since you claim that saudi arabia is not islamic enough to be used for bench-marking islamic beliefs?

Are you mad? Do I look like I will go back and forth with you? If you cannot go through my post then please find your way to hell. undecided

Don't you think that you deserve a place on the stake when you knew all these yet have no either what Saudi Arabia is
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by true2god: 7:10am On Nov 22, 2015
daretodiffer:

Are you mad? Do I look like I will go back and forth with you? If you cannot go through my post then please find your way to hell. undecided

Don't you think that you deserve a place on the stake when you knew all these yet have no either what Saudi Arabia is
Kool down sister, I dare to differ from you on certain issues. Whether you like it or not, apostasy law is an integral part of islamic law and jurispundence except if you are ignorant of islam. All conservative muslim countries apply apostasy law by killing whoever leaves islam, either officially or extra-judicial killing, the goal is the same (KILL APOSTATES AND CRITICS OF ISLAM) and the invoke the hadith and the sunnah for their actions.

You may not like it but it is part of islam and that what make islam the most brutal and dangerous religion on planet earth.

1 Like

Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by tartar9(m): 7:14am On Nov 22, 2015
true2god:

thou apostasy law is Islamic,no country can be used to bench-mark Islam.
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by opey25(m): 7:16am On Nov 22, 2015
[img][/img]
trapQ:
there's no need to play sides here. Call a spade a spade.

Islam gives no conditions to it. so many Christians have been killed for apostisizing in Islamic countries, and I didn't see how they "disrupted the peace of the community".

if Christians retaliate by putting these laws in place in Christian countries such as US, UK, Canada, etc, we all know you lots won't like it.

there are no conditions given for the capital punishment of apostasy in Islamic countries. Whenever a citizen becomes an apostate, he is to be killed, end of story. No need of trying to justify this barbaric act.
every country has its laws,in the US federal law treason is punishable by death.Thats why Edward Snowden is scared of going back to the US.Even in military laws worldwide a soldier that defects to the enemy side might be executed.So there is nothing strange if a country that practises sharia decides to execute an apostate.
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by madjnr: 7:42am On Nov 22, 2015
CoolUsername:
That's one of the reasons I'm an atheist, you can't kill someone for disagreeing with your views.

China executes drug traffickers and even though I am staunchly against the death penalty for whatever reason, there's still a tiny bit of justification for this punishment because drugs endanger the life of the user and people around the user.

But for Saudi Arabia, killing someone for expressing himself is the most inhumane thing to do. To say that because it is law and it is their land is extremely selfish and goes to show your lack of empathy. I don't care the god you worship, who you are, or where you're from; if you infringe on someone's rights, someone should call you out on it.

Saudi Arabia is has disgusting laws. Nobody should be killed for being an unbeliever. They are no better than ISIS, and anyone who defends this terrible thing is no better either. People like that have no place in the 21st century.
guyis it by force to live in Saudi Arabia? em force you to come and live there? what's your damage?
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by true2god: 7:45am On Nov 22, 2015
opey25:
[img][/img]every country has its laws,in the US federal law treason is punishable by death.Thats why Edward Snowden is scared of going back to the US.Even in military laws worldwide a soldier that defects to the enemy side might be executed.So there is nothing strange if a country that practises sharia decides to execute an apostate.
Am I getting you here? Are you saying that anyone that leaves islam in saudi arabia will be (or is to be) treated as a treasonable offense? Let me get you clear.
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by madjnr: 7:47am On Nov 22, 2015
trapQ:
JESUS Christ died and those Abrahamic laws were abolished.

answer this question,

name one Christian country that has the capital punishment for apostates.

Even in the Vatican city where the pope lives, there's freedom of worship. Even in Jerusalem, theres freedom of worship. That only shows that there's something wrong with Islam and all its adherents
Jesus orders Christians to follow the Law of Moses in the Old Testament: "Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18) " It is quite clear from these verses from the New Testament that Jesus peace be upon him did honor the Old Testament and did say that every single "letter" of it has to be honored, followed and fulfilled.
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by madjnr: 7:49am On Nov 22, 2015
CoolUsername:
You're avoiding the question here. How is this humane? What country is killing people for leaving christianity in the 21st century? Saudi Arabia is no better than ISIS. The UN just can't intervene because of all the oil.
you did' not get me... I said the bible is more inhumane cos it prescribed death to apostate... get it?
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by true2god: 7:50am On Nov 22, 2015
tartar9:
Thanks man, I like your sincerity here that apostasy law is purely islamic, that is to say, it is islamically acceptable to kill whoever leaves islam, especially in muslim countries. Do you think it is ok for anyone to kill his fellow human being because he decided to reject (after being a muslim) allahh and god and mohammed as his messenger?
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by true2god: 7:50am On Nov 22, 2015
tartar9:
Thanks man, I like your sincerity here that apostasy law is purely islamic, that is to say, it is islamically acceptable to kill whoever leaves islam, especially in muslim countries. Do you think it is ok for anyone to kill his fellow human being because he decided to reject (after being a muslim) allahh and god and mohammed as his messenger? Is religion\faith not meant to me a personal thing between a man and God?
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by true2god: 7:55am On Nov 22, 2015
madjnr:

Jesus orders Christians to follow the Law of Moses in the Old Testament: "Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18) " It is quite clear from these verses from the New Testament that Jesus peace be upon him did honor the Old Testament and did say that every single "letter" of it has to be honored, followed and fulfilled.
Can you show me any nation on earth that currently make it a state law to kill whoever abandon christianity or judaism? Or can you tell me any nation on earth that follow judaism or christian theocrasy as a syetem of govt. I need only one please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Prophet Odumeje Denies 80 Nigerians Were Deported From Indonesia Because Of Him / Coronavirus: Anglican Church Stops Communion From One Cup / 3 Types Of Churchgoers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.