Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Gaining Weight. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Gaining Weight. (628 Views)

Why You Are Not Gaining Weight; Tips To Add Weight. / Here Are 12 Weird Reasons Why You Are Gaining Weight Fast / Amazing Weight Loss Rice Recipe. Eat Rice Without The Fear Or Gaining Weight. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gaining Weight. by crayguy: 8:19am On Nov 21, 2015
hi nlanders, I am trying to gain body mass and weight by lifting weight and I can see the muscle and body mass getting bigger,....

1) the more I hit the gym, stretch mark keep getting wide in between my shoulder and the underarm line.
2) my chest is getting bigger and my lower body(waist,thigh and leg) lag behind. ,Not bigger accordingly

now my problem is....

..... how to limit the appearance of stretch mark
...... how to get a rhymed lower body with my upper body.

thanks friend.
Re: Gaining Weight. by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 11:56am On Nov 21, 2015
Nice one. At least you are experiencing the body mass you craved for. Okay now back to your questions.

The Stretch-marks you are seeing is as a result of the rapid expansion of your skin. This is usually common with people who were very skinny but as soon as they started gaining weight(through weight-lifting or high calorie intake) their skin begin to expand thus causing the stretch marks. So i will say here that having stretch-marks is unavoidable.

To the second question

Alternate your exercises between the upper and lower body. Do more squats using barbells and leg extension exercises. Do some sprint, it helps. Looking like johnny bravo is kind of weird. You will discover you don't have balance. So work on your quadriceps and calf muscles with the mentioned exercises.
Re: Gaining Weight. by crayguy: 10:29pm On Nov 21, 2015
Thanks dear, yes you were very right about been skinny, I was dawn skinny way back then and some old classmate even doubt it's me now if they bump into me..... I think you know more about weight exercise, can you recommend beverages rich in protein and calories, that can help in my weight gain journey.... Someone actually recommend (compan milk) ...... Will appreciate a lot.

(1) (Reply)

How Excess Weight Affects Your Health / Is This A Kind Of Sickness Or Wah? / Hearing A Baby Cry Could Make Your Breasts Start To Leak.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.