Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,339 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

El Classico Preview: Madrid Vs Barcelona Today 6:15 Pm - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / El Classico Preview: Madrid Vs Barcelona Today 6:15 Pm (699 Views)

Barcelona Squad For El Classico Against Madrid 2017 / One Lesson I Learnt From Last Night EL-CLASSICO / El-classico Is Here: Who Will Win? Barca Or Madrid? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

El Classico Preview: Madrid Vs Barcelona Today 6:15 Pm by buzquet(m): 8:24am On Nov 21, 2015
It’s hard to ramp up the intensity for a match-up between Barcelona and Real Madrid, but an incredible security undertaking given the ongoing terrorism threat has put even more of an edge on the brilliant stage that is El Clasico.

At the heart of the match is the rivalry, as Barca has a three-point lead on Real heading into Saturday’s match at the Bernabeu.

Winning at Real Madrid is an obvious challenge, but something the Blaugranas have done plenty of times in recent years (5W-3D-4L since 2008-09).

That said, Real is one of three La Liga sides — Barcelona and Valencia the other two — still unbeaten at home this young Spanish season.

Both of Barca’s losses have come away from the Camp Nou, to Sevilla and Celta Vigo. And this isn’t a “But Lionel Messi is back and that’s the old way”, as Messi’s status for the match is uncertain and he played in the 4-1 loss to CV.

It does look a lot like we’ll see Messi vs. Ronaldo yet again, but Barcelona’s Neymar has been clinical since the Argentine went down with an injury on Sept. 26. The Brazilian has a goal or an assist in every match but one since the Messi injury, taking advantage of the opportunity.

WHAT THEY ARE SAYING

Rafa Benitez on facing Barcelona: “The way you take on Barcelona changes a lot depending on whether you’re the coach of Extremadura, Liverpool or Real Madrid. Real Madrid have certain characteristics, which are that the team have to attack, score goals and create danger in and around the opposition goalmouth. That’s what we’re going to do.”

Luis Enrique on managing in El Clasico: “There is nothing more stimulating than the Clásico. We will see a strong Real Madrid and we hope to be at our level to cause them problems. We like games with atmosphere. We hope tomorrow will be a festival of football.”

Prediction

Goals. Messi or not, Barcelona won’t settle for defense at the Bernabeu. Believe it or not, the pressure will be Ronaldo’s side to live up to the expectations of the home crowd. Call it a classic, and 1-3.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: El Classico Preview: Madrid Vs Barcelona Today 6:15 Pm by fexti: 8:27am On Nov 21, 2015
Bacelona to win 3_0
Re: El Classico Preview: Madrid Vs Barcelona Today 6:15 Pm by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 8:30am On Nov 21, 2015
Finally. This period has been sooooo boring with no football activities. #CountingDown

1 Like

Re: El Classico Preview: Madrid Vs Barcelona Today 6:15 Pm by PHAYOL81: 8:45am On Nov 21, 2015
I don't fvckin care who wins, all I just care about is CRISLEGEND RONALDO scoring @least a brace. That surely would make my weekend... cool
Re: El Classico Preview: Madrid Vs Barcelona Today 6:15 Pm by Oladimejy(m): 8:59am On Nov 21, 2015
I believe without messi, barca is still phobia.i believe NEYMAR AND SUAREZ will surprise them.Messi is gonna play in the second half and i believe they will still fear him so much and RONALDO there is no magic he can perform

2 Likes

Re: El Classico Preview: Madrid Vs Barcelona Today 6:15 Pm by peterd53(m): 9:01am On Nov 21, 2015
All hail neymar
Re: El Classico Preview: Madrid Vs Barcelona Today 6:15 Pm by jaymejate: 9:06am On Nov 21, 2015
Straight winning Barcelona.

2-1
Re: El Classico Preview: Madrid Vs Barcelona Today 6:15 Pm by buzquet(m): 12:01pm On Nov 21, 2015
PHAYOL81:
I don't fvckin care who wins, all I just care about is CRISLEGEND RONALDO scoring @least a brace. That surely would make my weekend... cool
maybe scoring in London derby not El classico
Re: El Classico Preview: Madrid Vs Barcelona Today 6:15 Pm by uzolexis(f): 12:55pm On Nov 21, 2015
Barca all da way,with or without Messi they will crush Real.
Re: El Classico Preview: Madrid Vs Barcelona Today 6:15 Pm by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 21, 2015
Let the lecture kick off wink

(1) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Barcelona 4 – 0 Real Sociedad [la Liga] Highlights 2015/16 / Ighalo: I Would Quit Watford For Man Utd If... / Live Details & Scores Of All Today Matches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.