Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,681 members, 7,801,962 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel (16311 Views)

Pregnant Petrol Black Marketer Burnt To Death In Delta Accident With SUV (Graphi / Passengers Burnt To Death In Accident At Uli, Anambra (Graphic Pics, Video) / Wife Runs Out Naked; Husband And 2 Daughters Die As Stored Fuel Explodes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by dre11(m): 10:10am On Nov 21, 2015
Residents of Gado-Nasko area of Kubwa, a suburb of the Federal Capital Territory, Bwari Area Council, were on Friday night treated to a horror as a family of four were burnt to death.

DAILY POST gathered that the fire was ignited after one Chinedu Elliot, who had stored fuel in his apartment, dropped a burning stick of cigarette near some gallons of fuel.

Following the recent fuel scarcity, which saw Nigerians buy fuel in jerry-cans to store in their homes for subsequent use, Mr Elliot had reportedly bought fuel in three gallons from where he purportedly tops up his vehicle daily.

The pathetic incident, which happened at about few minutes to midnight and stretched into the wee hours of Saturday, threw residents into mourning as Elliot, his pregnant wife and two children were burnt beyond recognition.

When DAILYPOST got to the scene, a resident, who identified himself as Afolayan Ayodele, wept uncontrollably as he narrated the incident.

He said, “Nigeria don do their worse. My neighbour, all of us na hustlers we be. (Sic)
“I last saw him at about 11: 15 p.m when I was by my balcony and he took a walk out, saying he wanted to smoke some sticks of cigarette before retiring for the day. I’m sure he later came to sit close to where he stored the fuel but failed to quench his cigarette properly before going in,” Ayodele said.

“This fuel scarcity forced us to store fuel in our homes, otherwise, we no go chop. Oh God, which kind life be this? Ohh! Why? How? This is wickedness, the devil must have been at work in this bad situation. (Sic)

“Operatives of fire service could not be reached. We persistently called to no avail. We used everything we could to stop the fire. The fire even extended to my house but it didn’t cause much damage,” he added.

The deceased’s brother, Elliot Nonso said his supposed ‘wayward’ life saved him.
He said he went ‘clubbing’ against his brother’s wish.

“Friday nights are usually very boring for me if I am at home. So as usual, I thought I should go turn up with the boys. For the very first time, my brother didn’t want me to go out but I insisted. (Sic)

“I received a call that this unfortunate thing caught up with my brother and his family. I don’t even know where to start,” he sobbed.

A police officer attached to the Kubwa Police Command, one Cpl Magaji Ismail, speaking on behalf of the Divisional Police Officer, DPO, Chief Superintendent Nurrudeen Sabo, confirmed the incident saying, “Seeing all these, what can I possibly say?

“I’m not disposed to utter any statement but I must say this is tragic”.

Ismail, who obviously was still in shock over the sad incident, urged Nigerians to desist from storing fuel in their homes.

“If you must reserve petrol, then it should be a bit far from your home. Also, if you must smoke, this is harmattan period, make sure there are no flammables around and endeavour to quench it,” he added.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/21/family-of-four-burnt-to-death-after-fathers-cigarette-allegedly-touched-fuel-stored-in-apartment/

lalasticlala
Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 10:17am On Nov 21, 2015
RIP to the deceased.
Pls I need help on how to own a blog. Been trying to sign up, just not connecting. pls help a sis.
Want to balance up the payment for my eko Atlantictongue

2 Likes

Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by ijustdey: 10:17am On Nov 21, 2015
when will each individual learn not to store fuel(which is inflammable) close to the house.

accidents like this happens if we ignore simple reasons
right now we are in dry and harmattan season

1 Like

Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by Rapoo(m): 10:19am On Nov 21, 2015
may the deceased rest in peace

say no to smoking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by benedictnsi(m): 10:21am On Nov 21, 2015
ADENIKETINA2015:
RIP to the deceased.
Pls I need help on how to own a blog. Been trying to sign up, just not connecting. pls help a sis.
Want to balance up the payment for my eko Atlantictongue

Ask viviangist or you come lemme teach you

Smokers are liable to die young..... Now just see what this man has caused his family undecided

1 Like

Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 10:30am On Nov 21, 2015
benedictnsi:

Ask viviangist or you come lemme teach you

Smokers are liable to die young..... Now just see what this man has caused his family undecided
pls what's her moniker
Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by benedictnsi(m): 10:35am On Nov 21, 2015
ADENIKETINA2015:

pls what's her moniker

Viviangist viviangist4 etc...... Any other question
Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by kennyman2000(m): 11:22am On Nov 21, 2015
so sad!!
Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by ijustdey: 2:31pm On Nov 21, 2015
lalasticlala.... don't you think we need to get people informed about the danger of storing petroleum in their houses just as these ones has caused to their household....
Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by prodiG(m): 4:25pm On Nov 21, 2015
Why anyone will store fuel in their house beats my imagination. At least,he should have stored it outside away from his home.Anyway rest in peace and I hope others learn from this tragedy
Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by Johnpaul2k2(m): 4:25pm On Nov 21, 2015
Buhari!!!!!!!!!
Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by ihatebuhari(f): 4:25pm On Nov 21, 2015
Smokers are liable to die young

1 Like

Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by satowind(m): 4:25pm On Nov 21, 2015
Irresponsible man smoking in ur house in front of ur kid. Now see what ur irresponsibility have caused...

Rip to the dead. Mber month in nigeria #thingDeyHappen

1 Like

Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by kunzaar83(m): 4:26pm On Nov 21, 2015
RIP
Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by PLANETMARS(m): 4:27pm On Nov 21, 2015
End time for sure
Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by magicminister: 4:27pm On Nov 21, 2015
If there wasnt fuel scarcity, this poor fellow wouldn't have had any need tonstore fuel in his house.
If there was light, he probably wouldn't have need to buy fuek in jerricans.

Nigerian government steady raping us

4 Likes

Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 21, 2015
bad
Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by delishpot: 4:28pm On Nov 21, 2015
Too sad.
Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by IYANGBALI: 4:28pm On Nov 21, 2015
Lobatan
Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by kingarizona1(m): 4:28pm On Nov 21, 2015
Too bad
Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by IYANGBALI: 4:28pm On Nov 21, 2015
ihatebuhari:
Smokers are liable to die young
he was 85 yrs old
Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by mhizzcutie(f): 4:29pm On Nov 21, 2015
Who is to be blamed for this.... I think the government should do something about this fuel scarcity so further occurrence won't happen... Rip to the dead!!!!
Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by pretydiva(f): 4:29pm On Nov 21, 2015
Dis is indeed sad cry..may God protect us all
Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by morab90(m): 4:30pm On Nov 21, 2015
Carelessness of a numb man.
Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by shugga(f): 4:30pm On Nov 21, 2015
Abasi mbok

2 Likes

Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by Ola17: 4:30pm On Nov 21, 2015
cry
If there was no fuel scarcity, maybe this man and his family would've been alive.

What a horrible way to die.
RIP
Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by obinnashady(m): 4:30pm On Nov 21, 2015
BOO(hari) wan make fuel scarce,u dey store fuel 4 house,na him body language start the fire.why u go get fuel 4 house?

1 Like

Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by ayinde2ade(m): 4:30pm On Nov 21, 2015
cry God Bless The Dead(s)
Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by omojeesu(m): 4:31pm On Nov 21, 2015
The result of personal bad habit, ignorance, carelessness and national malaise caused by selfish, greedy and corrupt public and civil servants!
Re: Family Of 4 Burnt To Death After Father’s Cigarette Touched Stored Fuel by Aitee1: 4:31pm On Nov 21, 2015
shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Send Your Christmas Shout Out To Your Love ones / What Is The Funniest Real Life Story You Have Read Or Heard? / Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.