Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,889 members, 7,798,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? (6629 Views)

Daddy Freeze Criticizes Billboard Of House On The Rock Church (Photos) / House On The Rock Communion Day Outfits: Right Or Wrong? (Pics) / House On The Rock Church In Abuja Is On Fire (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by tiripsyloh: 1:47pm On Nov 21, 2015
This is one of those gatherings that is founded under an esoteric doctrine. For those of you who dnt know, their headquarter is in Lagos, headed by Paul Adefarasin.

LETS EXAMINE THEIR NAME

The name house on the rock, refers to the biblical verse....1 Kings 11:7) and (Acts 7:43)

"On a hill east of Jerusalem, Solomon built a high place for Chemosh the detestable god of Moab, and for Molek the detestable god of the Ammonites". (1 Kings 11:7 NIV 1984)

"You have lifted up the shrine of Molech and the star of your god Rephan, the idols you made to worship. Therefore I will send you into exile beyond Babylon". (Acts 7:43 NIV 19) DON'T BE DECEIVED!
If you have seen their main logo, its in the shape the illuminati pyramid, with the sun mounted on a house. check out the colours used. DON'T BE DECEIVED!
read more**https://sites.google.com/site/christourtruth/occult-symbols-and-images-in-today-s-churches

OTHER FACTS ABOUT THEM ARE AS FOLLOWS:

* THEY DON'T ADD ''CHURCH'' TO THEIR NAME. GO THROUGH THEIR NEWSPAPER ADVERTS...IT IS ONLY ADDED TO CARRY THE PEOPLE ALONG

*THEY DON'T CALL THEIR COMMUNION 'HOLY' COMMUNION. THE WORD HOLY IS USUALLY LEFT OUT BECAUSE THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE INTO. IT IS THE BLACK COMMUNION AS IN THE ILLUMINATI. ALL TOP MEMBERS ALSO COME IN BLACK. IMAGINE A SITUATION WHERE ALL THE CONGREGATION SHOW UP IN BLACK;

*THEY CELEBRATE SOME OTHER OCCULTIC DAYS...E.G. JULY 4TH
**read more http://illuminatiwatcher.com/occult-illuminati-holiday-traditions/

*WHEN IT WAS UNDER CONSTRUCTION, IT WAS CALLED THE MILLENIUM TEMPLE....M=13, T=20...13+20=33. THE NAME WAS CHANGED TOWARD ITS COMPLETION TO 'ROCK CATHEDRAL' WHICH ALSO ADDS UP TO 13.

*THE BUILDING WAS COMPLETED IN 2013....20+13+33. THIS IS NOT A COINCIDENCE.
**read more...http://www.whale.to/b/howard1.html
**read more..http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/esp_sociopol_illuminati_14.htm

*THE BUILDING WAS LUNCHED BY THE FORMER BRITISH P.M. TONY BLAIR. CAN YOU ASK GOOGLE NOW IF TONY BLAIR IS A FREEMASON AND SEE THE RESULTS?....DONT BE DECEIVED!

*The acronym for their core values is WWWNEULIFESET....Altogether gives 13. Now, the real meaning of 'SET' is occultic Christian, or the worship of Satan. DONT BE DECEIVED!

*THE EXPERIENCE..... adds up to 13.

*Now, we came across a symbol which they call their SYMBOL OF AUTHORITY. & POWER. sree the image below...
After a close examination of this symbol, we observed that the outline is like the face of an OWL, i.e. a symbol used by Molech worshippers:

[b]Molech or (Moloch)

Another interesting symbol is Molech, sometimes represented by an owl. Molech (also known as Moloch, Molek, or Melech) was an ancient Near Eastern deity worshiped by several cultures. The Canaanites, Carthaginians, and Israelites were especially devoted to making human sacrifices, even burning newborns alive, depending upon the seriousness of the blessing desired. Molech was commonly worshiped in the mid-east in pre-New Testament times. Throughout history Molech has been depicted as a bull, as an owl and sometimes even resembling a dog. The most common usage by secret societies in modern times is the owl representing esoteric wisdom. Molech is mentioned in the Bible as one of the many common pagan gods worshiped by the Israelites. (1 Kings 11:7) and (Acts 7:43)

"On a hill east of Jerusalem, Solomon built a high place for Chemosh the detestable god of Moab, and for Molek the detestable god of the Ammonites". (1 Kings 11:7 NIV 1984)
"You have lifted up the shrine of Molech and the star of your god Rephan, the idols you made to worship. Therefore I will send you into exile beyond Babylon". (Acts 7:43 NIV 1984)

[/b]
READ MORE:https://sites.google.com/site/christourtruth/occult-symbols-and-images-in-today-s-churches

Aside the owl shape, other featues present like sword, crown , head of a lion, the colours used, etc, also depicts their affiliation with freemasonry and iluminatic.

A FACT YOU ALL MUST KNOW ABOUT SUCH ORGANISATION'S ACTIVITIES IS HUMAN SACRIFICE AND INITIATION WHICH IS USUALLY THROUGH THEIR FAKE COMMUNION. BE WARNED!!!

WE ARE COMPILING MORE FACTS ABOUT THEIR ASSOCIATES. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW A FEW, CHECK OUT THE LOGOS LISTED ON 'THE EXPERIENCE' HAND BILL...

1 Like

Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by greatnaija01: 1:50pm On Nov 21, 2015
ITS NOT, ITS BY THEIR FRUITS O NOT BY THEIR NAME.... SO PLEASE ATTEND AND STOP BEING A CRITIC COS YOU WONT BE PAID FOR IT... SATAN IS THE ACCUSER OF THE BRETHREN, NOT FALSE ACCUSER, HE IS AN ACCUSER WHETHER WITH FACTS OR LIES...... KINDLY STOP LOOKING FOR WHAT IS NOT THERE..... CHAI....
Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by tiripsyloh: 1:50pm On Nov 21, 2015
MORE PIXX...

Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 21, 2015
Una get time sha!!!!

How much were you paid pls?

1 Like

Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by ikorodureporta: 1:38am On Nov 22, 2015
tiripsyloh:
This is one of those gatherings that is founded under an esoteric doctrine. For those of you who dnt know, their headquarter is in Lagos, headed by Paul Adefarasin.

LETS EXAMINE THEIR NAME

The name house on the rock, refers to the biblical verse....1 Kings 11:7) and (Acts 7:43)

"You have lifted up the shrine of Molech and the star of your god Rephan, the idols you made to worship. Therefore I will send you into exile beyond Babylon". (Acts 7:43 NIV 19) DON'T BE DECEIVED!
If you have seen their main logo, its in the shape the illuminati pyramid, with the sun mounted on a house. check out the colours used. DON'T BE DECEIVED!
read more**https://sites.google.com/site/christourtruth/occult-symbols-and-images-in-today-s-churches

* THEY DON'T ADD ''CHURCH'' TO THEIR NAME. GO THROUGH THEIR NEWSPAPER ADVERTS...IT IS ONLY ADDED TO CARRY THE PEOPLE ALONG

*THEY DON'T CALL THEIR COMMUNION 'HOLY' COMMUNION. THE WORD HOLY IS USUALLY LEFT OUT BECAUSE THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE INTO. IT IS THE BLACK COMMUNION AS IN THE ILLUMINATI. ALL TOP MEMBERS ALSO COME IN BLACK. IMAGINE A SITUATION WHERE ALL THE CONGREGATION SHOW UP IN BLACK;

*WHEN IT WAS UNDER CONSTRUCTION, IT WAS CALLED THE MILLENIUM TEMPLE....M=13, T=20...13+20=33. THE NAME WAS CHANGED TOWARD ITS COMPLETION TO 'ROCK CATHEDRAL' WHICH ALSO ADDS UP TO 13.

**read more..http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/esp_sociopol_illuminati_14.htm

*THE BUILDING WAS LUNCHED BY THE FORMER BRITISH P.M. TONY BLAIR. CAN YOU ASK GOOGLE NOW IF TONY BLAIR IS A FREEMASON AND SEE THE RESULTS?....DONT BE DECEIVED!

*The acronym for their core values is WWWNEULIFESET....Altogether gives 13. Now, the real meaning of 'SET' is occultic Christian, or the worship of Satan. DONT BE DECEIVED!

*Now, we came across a symbol which they call their SYMBOL OF AUTHORITY. & POWER. sree the image below...
After a close examination of this symbol, we observed that the outline is like the face of an OWL, i.e. a symbol used by Molech worshippers:

[b]Molech or (Moloch)

Another interesting symbol is Molech, sometimes represented by an owl. Molech (also known as Moloch, Molek, or Melech) was an ancient Near Eastern deity worshiped by several cultures. The Canaanites, Carthaginians, and Israelites were especially devoted to making human sacrifices, even burning newborns alive, depending upon the seriousness of the blessing desired. Molech was commonly worshiped in the mid-east in pre-New Testament times. Throughout history Molech has been depicted as a bull, as an owl and sometimes even resembling a dog. The most common usage by secret societies in modern times is the owl representing esoteric wisdom. Molech is mentioned in the Bible as one of the many common pagan gods worshiped by the Israelites. (1 Kings 11:7) and (Acts 7:43)

"You have lifted up the shrine of Molech and the star of your god Rephan, the idols you made to worship. Therefore I will send you into exile beyond Babylon". (Acts 7:43 NIV 1984)

[/b]
READ MORE:https://sites.google.com/site/christourtruth/occult-symbols-and-images-in-today-s-churches

Aside the owl shape, other featues present like sword, crown , head of a lion, the colours used, etc, also depicts their affiliation with freemasonry and iluminatic.

A FACT YOU ALL MUST KNOW ABOUT SUCH ORGANISATION'S ACTIVITIES IS HUMAN SACRIFICE AND INITIATION WHICH IS USUALLY THROUGH THEIR FAKE COMMUNION. BE WARNED!!!

WE ARE COMPILING MORE FACTS ABOUT THEIR ASSOCIATES. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW A FEW, CHECK OUT THE LOGOS LISTED ON 'THE EXPERIENCE' HAND BILL...

ar u 1 of d protestants undecided .....who u thnk sey go biliv u?

....right here in my area abt 2yrs ago, a woman was caught tryn to smuggle out her neighbour's son in a suitcase....she was stripped naked & almost set ablaze, & during interrogatn, she confessed tht her pastor sent her, & d angry mob went to destroy d chch....that video went viral. Do u know it ddnt take up to 2months b4 the church returned....

1 Like

Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by vooks: 4:15am On Nov 22, 2015
[size=2pt]
tiripsyloh:

LETS EXAMINE THEIR NAME

[b]Molech or (Moloch)

[/b]

[/size]

You are a superstitious illiterate Negro Neanderthal

1 Like

Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by ernie1234(m): 5:47am On Nov 22, 2015
Though I don't want to totally dispute ur analysis, One still has to be careful. Watch and pray so the Bible says..........

Also Paul message are revealing. I listen to His messages a lot. Thanks anyway

1 Like

Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by UncleSnr(m): 8:11am On Nov 22, 2015
Christians, always giving us more reason to tear them apart in their belief. #Toothfarriers (Atheism) is the only way.

1 Like

Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by pneumaticos(m): 8:38am On Nov 22, 2015
Like one of the posters said....if Christian believes and explaination were base upon signs and shapes it wont stand till these day

We are not known by our signs but by our acts

So what are the fruits seen as shown by the members....that's were christ is known and the devil is shown

1 Like

Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by Qualer: 9:38am On Nov 22, 2015
tiripsyloh:

LETS EXAMINE THEIR NAME

I'm sure you don't know anything about the bible as your quoted verses do not have anything in common with your topic. Abi you think say person go just quote bible and every crap that comes out of his mouth becomes believable?? lol!

in case you are still lost go and buy a bible (it is quite obvious you don't have one) and check the following-

Matthew 16: 17-19...

…17And Jesus said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18"I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it. 19"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven."…

and abeg, when the mushroom and soap wey you smoke clear from your eyes, you can jejely delete this post, kpof kpof human being!!

2 Likes

Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 22, 2015
more comments please cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by Brainaic(m): 11:53am On Nov 22, 2015
Confusion in Christianity. Each denomination believing they are practising the right version.

1 Like

Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by tiripsyloh: 4:35pm On Nov 28, 2015
greatnaija01:
ITS NOT, ITS BY THEIR FRUITS O NOT BY THEIR NAME.... SO PLEASE ATTEND AND STOP BEING A CRITIC COS YOU WONT BE PAID FOR IT... SATAN IS THE ACCUSER OF THE BRETHREN, NOT FALSE ACCUSER, HE IS AN ACCUSER WHETHER WITH FACTS OR LIES...... KINDLY STOP LOOKING FOR WHAT IS NOT THERE..... CHAI....

....we don't need any money for this. Is it right for us to keep quiet and watch hypocrites misleading the masses? Some of you don't even know the implication of this.........how can a cult be runniing in disguise as a church? do you know how many souls are being subjected to CAPTIVITY?

If after analysing the following 3 pictures and you can't find a link, then you must be a CAPTIVE....

1 Like

Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by tiripsyloh: 4:47pm On Nov 28, 2015
Qualer:

I'm sure you don't know anything about the bible as your quoted verses do not have anything in common with your topic. Abi you think say person go just quote bible and every crap that comes out of his mouth becomes believable?? lol!

in case you are still lost go and buy a bible (it is quite obvious you don't have one) and check the following-

Matthew 16: 17-19...

…17And Jesus said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18"I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it. 19"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven."…

and abeg, when the mushroom and soap wey you smoke clear from your eyes, you can jejely delete this post, kpof kpof human being!!

Sorry! there are loads of verses about building houses on high places. We chose those two verses because of the subject matter- MOLECH which we have found to be linked to house on the rock. You came here to quote your deceitful verse (Mathwew 16v17-19), an act which FREEMASONS ARE KNOWN FOR. They put forward the positive side and hide the bad side from the masses. Only top members are usually aware of their secret activities.

F.Y.I., we have loads of info and pictures about house on the rock. Instead of you keep quiet and watch like others in order not to attract the attention of Lalasticlala, ishilove, and co, you are acting here as the chief of defense staff....

KINDLY POINT OUT ANY FALSE INFO FROM ALL WHAT WE SAID.
Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by tiripsyloh: 4:52pm On Nov 28, 2015
vooks:
[size=2pt][/size]

You are a superstitious illiterate Negro Neanderthal

...those parables they quote there to deceive you into their cult right......
Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by tiripsyloh: 5:03pm On Nov 28, 2015
We are not saying that they shouldnt run their cult. We are just trying to protect the interest of the IGNORANT ones, especially the youths....
Hosea 4v6 says: ''my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. "Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children.

If you don't understand how it works, hear this....once they get you through that fake communion, you are attached to a monitoring spirit, and you know the price for this.
You are initiated/donated/sold out to their cult, while they are elevated!

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE EARS, LET THEM HEAR!!!

1 Like

Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by Qualer: 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2015
tiripsyloh:

Sorry! there are loads of verses about building houses on high places. We chose those two verses because of the subject matter- MOLECH which we have found to be linked to house on the rock. You came here to quote your deceitful verse (Mathwew 16v17-19), an act which FREEMASONS ARE KNOWN FOR. They put forward the positive side and hide the bad side from the masses. Only top members are usually aware of their secret activities.

F.Y.I., we have loads of info and pictures about house on the rock. Instead of you keep quiet and watch like others in order not to attract the attention of Lalasticlala, ishilove, and co, you are acting here as the chief of defense staff....

KINDLY POINT OUT ANY FALSE INFO FROM ALL WHAT WE SAID.

you must be a real dimwit, who gave you authority to write baseless trash about some other person that you know nothing about? and here you are feigning stupid authority, you actually feel you have the audacity to challenge me with your stupidity and ignorance. i don't need to point out anything as everything on your ignorant post is crap and washed out thinking. only a fool feels knowledgable in his own folly. go get busy with something meaningful to occupy your miserable life.
Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by WinsomeX: 9:37pm On Nov 28, 2015
OP I'm interested in your investigation.

For one thing, I will not be surprised if the allegations by the opener are true. What I suspect is that the cultic influence extends further than HotR. The whole Pentecostal movement has one cultic influence or the other.

The Experience program, for example, is a case in point. When scriptures calls us to walk in faith, Adefarasin wants us to build a Mecca around an Experience.

I have a question for the OP though. What's your Christian persuasion: pentecostal, Protestant, Catholic, JW, or what? This question is not meant to attack you but to understand your investigation better. Knowing your roots I can better decipher your thinking. I for one is a Christian evangelical with a commitment to Reformer Theology.
Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 28, 2015
Unmh.... The Bible says let's test all spirit, it also says we should diligently find out all things and take hold of the truth..

1 Like

Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by MakeWeTalk: 12:19am On Jun 12, 2016
Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by Nobody: 4:07am On Jun 12, 2016
I can see masonic items on that logo. Pentagrams, A cross - that is also a sword down the middle, a crown worn by the shield. Masonic signs.

Most Nigerian churches are. Occults seem to be very attractive to Nigerians.
Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by tiripsyloh: 2:07pm On Nov 29, 2016
Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by tiripsyloh: 2:08pm On Nov 29, 2016
Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by tiripsyloh: 2:11pm On Nov 29, 2016
Qualer:

you must be a real dimwit, who gave you authority to write baseless trash about some other person that you know nothing about? and here you are feigning stupid authority, you actually feel you have the audacity to challenge me with your stupidity and ignorance. i don't need to point out anything as everything on your ignorant post is crap and washed out thinking. only a fool feels knowledgable in his own folly. go get busy with something meaningful to occupy your miserable life.

so, when you invited the former british pm to come & open yr 'cult', you think knowledge is reserved of you alone.....can anybody ask google now if tony blair is a freemason & see the results

Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by tiripsyloh: 2:14pm On Nov 29, 2016
Qualer:

On the 24th of June, you said you were celebrating 'total african praise experience' TAPE, whereas it was one of freemasons day you celebrated. It was St John the baptist day.& you keep deceiving the people....
Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by tiripsyloh: 2:16pm On Nov 29, 2016
For all of you out there, if you doubt what we're saying, go and check his seat @ the satanic alter, & tell us what image is on it
Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by tiripsyloh: 2:21pm On Nov 29, 2016
During the first service that was held a the cathedral, that was 17th february, 2013, before the launching on the 20/21st april, if you were there, this man called Adefarasin was standing inbetween two 'X" signs as represented on the lighting design. So the x sign is now replacing the ''+'' sign which we know. who doesnt know what it means?? .......& its this same secret sign that is being celebrated with The eXperience....
Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by tiripsyloh: 2:23pm On Nov 29, 2016
Now they are using showbiz & film showing to capture the media.........all deception!
Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by naso2(m): 2:34pm On Nov 29, 2016
Except if someone like the OP is of the evil one or grossly ignorant can you explain this simple verse which I have put in as many translations

Mathew 7:24

New International Version
"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

New Living Translation
"Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock.

English Standard Version
“Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

Berean Study Bible
Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

Berean Literal Bible
Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house upon the rock.

New American Standard Bible
"Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock.

King James Bible
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Holman Christian Standard Bible
"Therefore, everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them will be like a sensible man who built his house on the rock.

International Standard Version
"Therefore, everyone who listens to these messages of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on a rock.

NET Bible
"Everyone who hears these words of mine and does them is like a wise man who built his house on rock.

New Heart English Bible
"Everyone therefore who hears these words of mine, and does them, will be compared to a wise man, who built his house on a rock.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Everyone therefore who hears these my words, and does them, will be likened to the wise man who built his house on solid rock.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
"Therefore, everyone who hears what I say and obeys it will be like a wise person who built a house on rock.

New American Standard 1977
“Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine, and acts upon them, may be compared to a wise man, who built his house upon the rock.

Jubilee Bible 2000
Therefore, whosoever hears these words of mine and does them, I will liken him unto a prudent man, who built his house upon the rock;

King James 2000 Bible
Therefore whosoever hears these sayings of mine, and does them, I will liken him unto a wise man, who built his house upon a rock:

American King James Version
Therefore whoever hears these sayings of mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man, which built his house on a rock:

American Standard Version
Every one therefore that heareth these words of mine, and doeth them, shall be likened unto a wise man, who built his house upon the rock:

Douay-Rheims Bible
Every one therefore that heareth these my words, and doth them, shall be likened to a wise man that built his house upon a rock,

Darby Bible Translation
Whoever therefore hears these my words and does them, I will liken him to a prudent man, who built his house upon the rock;

English Revised Version
Every one therefore which heareth these words of mine, and doeth them, shall be likened unto a wise man, which built his house upon the rock:

Webster's Bible Translation
Therefore whoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him to a wise man, who built his house upon a rock:

Weymouth New Testament
"Every one who hears these my teachings and acts upon them will be found to resemble a wise man who builds his house upon rock;

World English Bible
"Everyone therefore who hears these words of mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man, who built his house on a rock.

Young's Literal Translation
'Therefore, every one who doth hear of me these words, and doth do them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house upon the rock;

Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by tiripsyloh: 11:10am On Aug 09, 2017
naso2:
Except if someone like the OP is of the evil one or grossly ignorant can you explain this simple verse which I have put in as many translations

so you took a single verse and gave diff translations? u too check outnall these verses and tell us which is more applicable....

Biblical References to Molech - the Owl 'god'
• Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molech, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the LORD.
(Leviticus 18:21)

• Say to the Israelites: ‘Any Israelite or any alien living in Israel who gives any of his children to Molech must be put to death. The people of the community are to stone him. I will set my face against that man and I will cut him off from his people; for by giving his children to Molech, he has defiled my sanctuary and profaned my holy name.
(Leviticus 20:2,3)

• So Solomon did evil in the eyes of the LORD; he did not follow the LORD completely, as David his father had done. On a hill east of Jerusalem, Solomon built a high place for Chemosh the detestable god of Moab, and for Molech the detestable god of the Ammonites.
(1 Kings 11:6,7)

• He (Josiah) desecrated Topheth, which was in the Valley of Ben Hinnom, so no one could use it to sacrifice his son or daughter in the fire to Molech.
(2 Kings 23:10)

• The people of Israel and Judah have provoked me by all the evil they have done…. They set up their abominable idols in the house that bears my Name and defiled it. They built high places for Baal in the Valley of Ben Hinnom to sacrifice their sons and daughters to Molech, though I never commanded, nor did it enter my mind, that they should do such a detestable thing and so make Judah sin.
(Jeremiah 32:32-35)
https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/esp_sociopol_bohemiangrove01.htm
A high place was a localized or regional worship center dedicated to a god. Worship at these local shrines often included making sacrifices, burning incense, and holding feasts or festivals (1 Kgs 3:2–3; 12:32). Some of these high places contained altars, graven images, and shrines (1 Kgs 13:1–5; 14:23; 2 Kgs 17:29; 18:4; 23:13–14). The Canaanites, Israel’s enemy who worshiped Baal as their chief deity, also used them.
The term “high places” was translated from the ancient Greek translation of the Old Testament (the Septuagint), not from the Hebrew. The term conjures up images of remote hilltops, but in the biblical context, it wasn’t limited to mountaintops; Jeremiah 7:31 locates a high place in a valley and 2 Kings 23:18 at a city gate.
Re: Is House On The Rock A Secret Cult??? by tiripsyloh: 11:12am On Aug 09, 2017
You should also ask yourself which of them is related to molech, or what the symbol of owl (molech) doing in a church.

(1) (Reply)

Babies Will End in Hell! - Biblical proof / The Benefits And Privileges Of Being A Christian / Trousers Or Mini Skirts: Which Is A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.