Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,731 members, 7,806,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread (5464 Views)

Niger Delta Thread (Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Rivers And Cross Rivers) / PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal / APC Crisis: Governors Call Emergency Meeting As Osinbajo Meets Reps-elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 2:54pm On May 22, 2009
Hon. Bala Ibn Na’Allah from Kebbi State argued that "nothing was wrong in sacrificing 20 million people to protect over 100 million people."
A statement by a member of the Nigerian National Assembly"  angry said this morning

Ogonis, Ijaws, Ikwerres, Etche and so on. Please come

My Fellow Niger Deltans in London,

The news from home is alarming. We must do
something to come to the aid of our people at home
who has been under constant military onslaught
for the past 6 days.

The situation is grim and many of our communities have
been razed to the ground.

Come and let us brainstorm on what we can do
in order to bring to the attention of the world, the
brutal, terrible and horrendous atrocities that are being
committed against our people.

Let us meet on Saturday 23th May 2009 at
The PJ Group House
3 Globe Road, Stepney Green, London E1 4DT.

Time: 12PM prompt

This is an emergency meeting. All sons and daughters
of the Niger Delta, no matter your state, clan or tribe
are invited to attend. The only agenda item is the present
military invasion of our homeland.

Attendees of the emergency meeting
Please contact Inemo Samiama on +44794-454-2320 or inemo@lineone.net for details on the meeting.
Thank You.
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 2:55pm On May 22, 2009
Displaced Ijaw children fleeing from the Nigerian army

Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by sosisi(f): 2:56pm On May 22, 2009
Please stop alarming people unnecessary
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 2:57pm On May 22, 2009
Niger-deltan women protesting against the Niger Delta Crises

Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 3:00pm On May 22, 2009
Gas flaring in the Niger Delta-with locals exposed to the toxic chemicals daily

Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 3:02pm On May 22, 2009
Recent oil spill in Ogoniland

Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 3:05pm On May 22, 2009
Gas flaring all over Niger Delta

Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 3:07pm On May 22, 2009
Even lizards are frustrated.

Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 3:09pm On May 22, 2009
look at our schools

Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 3:12pm On May 22, 2009
This is a graduat with no job. Chemical Engineering from University of portharcourt

Remember : An idle mind is the devil's workshop

Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 3:15pm On May 22, 2009
oil spills in Ogoni land and Ijawland

Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 3:16pm On May 22, 2009
Rusted pipeline - waiting to explode

Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 3:17pm On May 22, 2009
Gas flaring in the Delta

Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 3:26pm On May 22, 2009
First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out--because I was not a communist; Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out--because I was not a trade unionist; Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out-- because I was not a Jew; Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak out for me
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 3:28pm On May 22, 2009
1000 Dead: The latest estimated death toll in the Niger Delta. There is a bloody genocide going on in the Niger Delta. The Nigerian armed forces are currently carrying out military operations, including aerial bombardments against villages and towns in the Niger Delta, killing hundreds of innocent men, women and children.
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 3:31pm On May 22, 2009
we can not defend the freedom abroad and desert it at home, the nation are callin', let our voices be heard

Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by otokx(m): 3:35pm On May 22, 2009
The military has apologized for invading the general hospital at ogbe - ijoh but that is like medicine after death.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=144014
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by blunt1990: 3:35pm On May 22, 2009
@batubo
I am not Niger-Deltan but the tactics adopted by the president negates my tactical opinion. I detest the criminal activities in the Niger-delta but I expected and advocated for the use of military intelligence in fishing out the unscrupulous elements in the Niger-Delta who claims to fight for the generality. I expected the army to set up an extensive undercover agents whose duties would be to work with the militants hence expose the unscrupulous elements. Its sad we will be killing the future of Nigeria. I know how Americans value their citizens and I do not value Nigerian citizens less.
I will advise you to put these picture in a video and make comments regarding the activities of these oil companies and then send them to youtube, CNN and BBC i-report, tv stations and other media bodies. I went to Nigeria for NYSC and was posted to Aboa, Rivers State, reaching there, I wept for the community. You dont need to know what I experienced which led to my attempted withdrawal from the programme, I was later re-posted to Eleme and yet I still could not stand the poor living condition in the community. Its a pity.
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 3:39pm On May 22, 2009
demonstration is not enough !!! lets break out from the so called nigeria , for how long will this masaccre continue , when will this stop.
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 3:47pm On May 22, 2009
"I consider that Nigeria is on the verge, on the brink of a massive implosion that will make what's happening in the Sudan child's play. We know there are movements for secession in this country. We know that everybody is preparing for the contingency of breaking up. International organisations are also studying the situation,".- Wole Soyinka, Africa's first Nobel Prize Winner for Literature, Reuters Alert
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 3:56pm On May 22, 2009
"[The Nigerian press received the British offer as a declaration of war against rebel groups. The Daily Champion newspaper ran the headline "Battle Line!
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 3:57pm On May 22, 2009
Who Killed ISAAC JASPER ADAKA BORO? - Benjamin Adesanya Maja Adekunle

Who Killed KEN SARO-WIWA? - Sani Abacha

Who Killed CHIEF MARSHAL SoKARI HARRY? - Olusegun Aremu Okikiola Matthew Obasanjo

Who killed OBI WALI ?

Who killed PA ALFRED REWANE?

Who Killed Dr. CHUBA WILBERFORCE OKADIGBO? Olusegun Aremu Okikiola Matthew Obasanjo

Who Killed ALFRED AMINASAORI KALA DIKIBO? -Olusegun Aremu Okikiola Matthew Obasanjo
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 4:04pm On May 22, 2009
Attendees of the emergency meeting
Please contact Inemo Samiama on +44794-454-2320 or inemo@lineone.net for details on the meeting.
Thank You.
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 22, 2009
Poster

I understand ur feelings and I emphatise with u. My advice is u dont rush a hot mean, u dont face an on-coming train headon.

Postings such as these, could set the SSS and other government security agencies after u.

Dialogue is still the best option.

Getting freed from oppression takes careful planning and strategising
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 4:26pm On May 22, 2009
I am not trying to start a war
We have to make the International community become aware of the atrocities commited by the Federal Government
Sri Lankans abroad did this, why cant Niger deltans also do the same
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by OneNaija(m): 4:37pm On May 22, 2009
I suppose the motion.but I live in Accra.I am fully supported
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by moneygurl: 4:38pm On May 22, 2009
Batubo:

I am not trying to start a war
We have to make the International community become aware of the atrocities commited by the Federal Government
Sri Lankans abroad did this, why cant Niger deltans also do the same

How many foreign countries (U.S, U.k, France) have spoken out against what is happening now.

What did the U.S do about Sir Lanka ? No sanction or anything, they just watched form a distance and watched the govt. go after the tigers

Something has to be done to develop the Niger Delta, but the problem is in the eyes of the international coummunity (countries) MEND is a bigger problem to the development of the Nige Delta. Unfortunatley MEND has been hijacked by some people with selfish interest and turned them into something else, and no longer fighting for the people of Niger Delta.

The house of rep. memeber is very stupid for his comment and needs to resign.
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 4:48pm On May 22, 2009
THE ENVIRONMENT OF THE NIGER DELTA

More than 6,000 oil spills have been recorded since 1976.

Less than 25% of spills are remediated.

Many Niger Delta residents suffer from oil poisoning.

More gas is flared in Nigeria than anywhere else in the world.

Over 250 toxins have been identified in gas flare emissions.

Breathing particulate from flaring is linked to disease and premature death.

Potable water in the Niger Delta creeks region is virtually nonexistent due to oil contamination.

Oil pollution has killed off fish, fouled the soil and caused wildlife to vanish.

Handmade fishing nets can become useless in 6 months from acid rain caused by flaring.

Acid rain acidifies bodies of water, damages vegetation and decays building materials.
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Kobojunkie: 4:49pm On May 22, 2009
moneygurl:

How many foreign countries (U.S, U.k, France) have spoken out against what is happening now.

What exactly is happening?

moneygurl:

What did the U.S do about Sir Lanka ? No sanction or anything, they just watched form a distance and watched the govt. go after the tigers

What does the U.S need to do about Sri Lanka? Why should there be sanctions or anything against Sri Lanka?  Should the Sri Lankan government not go after the Tigers? Should the Pakistani government, in much the same way not go after the Taliban and terrorists on its soil?

moneygurl:

Something has to be done to develop the Niger Delta, but the problem is in the eyes of the international coummunity (countries) MEND is a bigger problem to the development of the Nige Delta.

In the eye of the international community? What about people right there in Nigeria crying for the government to deal with the MEND issue? What about the fact that Nigerians do not agree that MEND is not another terrorist group? What exactly shows that MEND is not just a terrorist group down the in the Delta?

moneygurl:

Unfortunatley MEND has been hijacked by some people with selfish interest and turned them into something else, and no longer fighting for the people of Niger Delta.

The house of rep. memeber is very stupid for his comment and needs to resign.

Aaarrggh!!! MEND has been HIJACKED? Lol
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by moneygurl: 4:58pm On May 22, 2009
Kobojunkie:

What exactly is happening?

What does the U.S need to do about Sri Lanka? Why should there be sanctions or anything against Sri Lanka? Should the Sri Lankan government not go after the Tigers? Should the Pakistani government, in much the same way not go after the Taliban and terrorists on its soil?

In the eye of the international community? What about people right there in Nigeria crying for the government to deal with the MEND issue? What about the fact that Nigerians do not agree that MEND is not another terrorist group? What exactly shows that MEND is not just a terrorist group down the in the Delta?

Aaarrggh!!! MEND has been HIJACKED? Lol

What exactly is happening? well read the "claims" of the Amnesty international. http://www.amnesty.org.uk/news_details.asp?NewsID=18217

i think you are missing my point. The person who started the thread said he wants the international community to be aware of what is happening. And i was pretty much saying the international community will not do anything.

I never said sri Lanka should not have gone after the tigers, the point i was trying to make was unfortunately innocent people were killed and the international community did nothing (sanctions, etc).
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 4:59pm On May 22, 2009

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Close Your Account With Access Bank – Activist Tasks Nigerians / Six Reasons Why The Niger Delta Remains Neglected By The Nigerian State / Russia Set To Send 10,000 Troops To Nigeria (BREAKING)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.