Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,028 members, 7,799,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex (2644 Views)

5 Phones The World Will Never Forget / 5 Free Apps To Make Sure You Never Forget Your Username And Passwords / Facebook Wants To Start Encrypting Your Chats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by TechsNG: 3:37pm On Nov 21, 2015
Most people tend to update their Facebook relationship status when they are in a relationship and when they are no longer in a relationship. If you just broke up with whoever you were dating and the person seem to be on your fb friends list, Facebook wants to help you forget your ex much easily.

Having to block your ex on Facebook may seem rather childish of you and in other to save yourself from been tagged as ‘Childish’, the new privacy settings introduced by Facebook can actually help you in ‘almost’ blocking your ex on the social network without he/she knowing.

The new privacy tool will be displayed when a user changes his/her relationship status to ‘Single’. The tool will allow users to see less of their former partner’s content and activity on Facebook without actually unfriending or blocking them.

Not only that, the tool will also block the ex’s name from appearing when composing new messages or tagging friends in photos. Asides those, users can also block ex from seeing photos, videos or status updates that you update after utilizing the privacy tool. See it as having your life more private without your ex having to know about how you are doing without having to block them.

According to Facebook:

This work is part of our ongoing effort to develop resources for people who may be going through difficult moments in their lives. We hope these tools will help people end relationships on Facebook with greater ease, comfort and sense of control.

Of course, the new privacy tool is optional and can be accessed in the help center anytime. The new feature is currently only available to mobile phone users in the US and will likely be extended to other regions after changes are made based on people’s feedback.

Source : http://www.techsng.com/2015/11/see-how-facebook-wants-to-help-you-forget-your-ex.html
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by LEOSIRSIR(m): 3:38pm On Nov 21, 2015
OkOk
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by puresoul1(m): 3:44pm On Nov 21, 2015
Hmm
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by DjAndroid: 5:29pm On Nov 21, 2015
that's a good one!
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by johnsonsegxy: 8:09pm On Nov 21, 2015
crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! undecided
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by Nobody: 12:13am On Nov 22, 2015
Good O
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by Nobody: 12:37am On Nov 22, 2015
Dis is just a waste of time, just block d person once nd for all

3 Likes

Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by Xxpress(m): 12:45am On Nov 22, 2015
It's good for some people
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by pinkiberry(m): 1:00am On Nov 22, 2015
I like it.
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by Nobody: 1:08am On Nov 22, 2015
For stalking exs na,I don't keep exs on social media,u ex'd I delete ya a55 shikena
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by Nobody: 1:11am On Nov 22, 2015
pinkiberry:
I like it.
How u no go like am,na ur type the blue check for whatsapp pain well well
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by Nobody: 3:23am On Nov 22, 2015
Facebook is really taking things personal these days o
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by Ahmed0336(m): 5:50am On Nov 22, 2015
I don't have an ex so no need undecided
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by Warlord3000(m): 6:47am On Nov 22, 2015
Nice innovation
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by psyqs(m): 8:46am On Nov 22, 2015
End time Facebook
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by damiloladuke: 9:38am On Nov 22, 2015
good
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by damiloladuke: 9:39am On Nov 22, 2015
whatever

FOR UR GOLD WRISTWATCH & LAPTOP LIGHTS? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by ReportersNG: 10:10am On Nov 22, 2015
Hmmm grin
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 22, 2015
This doesn't make sense.
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by Elxandre(m): 11:00am On Nov 22, 2015
IamBae:
This doesn't make sense.
Your waist is so slim shocked
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 22, 2015
Elxandre:
Your waist is so slim shocked
Not me grin
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 22, 2015
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 22, 2015
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by Elxandre(m): 11:05am On Nov 22, 2015
IamBae:
Not me grin
lie cheesy
I glanced through your diary. smiley It's great stature I think, especially for a 5'7 tall lady.
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 22, 2015
Elxandre:

lie cheesy
I glanced through your diary. smiley
It's great a stature I think, especially for a 5'7 tall lady.
It's really not me but thanks cheesy
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by Elxandre(m): 11:16am On Nov 22, 2015
IamBae:
It's really not me but thanks cheesy
If you say so smiley
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 22, 2015
ok
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by profeazy: 1:25pm On Nov 22, 2015
If it's not you, who is it?
IamBae:

Not me grin
Re: See How Facebook Wants To Help You Forget Your Ex by CertifiedSamuel: 11:00am On Nov 23, 2015
profeazy:
If it's not you, who is it?

Her twin grin

(1) (Reply)

Neat Uk Used Blackberry Bold 5 [ 9790] For Sale / FINALLY! Whatsapp Lets You Prevent People From Adding You To Their Groups / [hot] Download Mortal Kombat 3 Free Android Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.