Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? (2522 Views)

Nigerian Couple Welcome 1st Baby After 22yrs Of Marriage(pics) / My 1st Daughter Saw Her 1st Period Today & She’s Been Crying All Day - Doctor / Couple Welcomes 1st Baby Of 2016 At Abuja Hospital After 9 Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by MOORCHMOORE(m): 4:38pm On Nov 21, 2015
Early this week, My Wife told me she suspects our 8months Son is left handed. He picks up his toys moore with Left hand to right hand.
This morning, I decided to test him with him bulldozer toy. I made him seat on rug. After winding the toy from a distance opposit him, it zoomed off and entered inbetween his legs. I noticed he always hold it with left hand except on a rear occasion he uses his Right hand. Okay, I park the toy by His Right leg, instead of touching it wit his Right Hand, he stretch his left arm towards it.
No one uses such handle in my family, thou my In-law 1st Son is left hand.
I'm worried because all my days as a student, my friends with such handle always end up with poor hand writing ¤look like were mother Hen is excavating sand, looking for what it didn't hide¤

Dear NL Parents
* Please is their any cause for alarm?
* How do I reverse this to Right Hand?
* He my 1st Child

Cc: RoyalRoy, Lalasticlala etc.
Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by raayah(f): 4:40pm On Nov 21, 2015
Why do you want to stop your baby from being left-handed? Its a natural thing.
Besides, various sources have said that changing the dominant arm of a baby causes some development problems.
Accept your child

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by tunnyl(m): 4:42pm On Nov 21, 2015
What is wrong with using left hand?. This might affect the child's development.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by delishpot: 4:45pm On Nov 21, 2015
Wetin do his left hand?

Anyhow sha, that kids is too young for you to start toying with his brain. The use of hand is more complex than you think it is linked to the brain. Besides most kids start picking stuff with their left hands. My two kids did same. Leave the child alone.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by Merlissa(f): 4:45pm On Nov 21, 2015
Please don't stop the child from using his left hand...

It would affect him badly..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 21, 2015
It might affect the child psychological development....
Just put him in prayers and don't force right on him BC is normal.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 21, 2015
Merlissa:
Please don't stop the child from using his left hand...

It would affect him badly..

Well i know many left handed people doing very good. The part i hate is "what hand do they use to wipe their poo?"

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by domopps(m): 4:48pm On Nov 21, 2015
Dear pls let the baby be! My mum forcefully converted my left to right and I can tell you that I have the worst hand written in the whole of universe and not only that I am a certified very very slow eater cos if I must eat outside and be fast table must be full of rice falling off! Tho I do most things with my right hand but I never enjoyed it one bit ........plus the baby might have somethings against you for life cos u av successfully imposed your own personal wish on him or her which could be contrary to that of the baby's....

BTW most of our celebrities are left handed Funke Akindele and actor turn politician Desmond Elliot ( if am so correct) I also no one of the state gov is left handed..... Op pls focus on how 2 send the baby to one of the schls listed below and not how to convert the baby to right handed!

https://www.nairaland.com/2753095/top-23-most-expensive-secondary

Cheeeeeeeeers

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 21, 2015
it is not late. My mum also adviced me on that. Stop allowing him use his left hand. you can drop things and tell him to pick with his right always insist he uses his right hand. Then he'll get used.
Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by EfemenaXY: 5:09pm On Nov 21, 2015
MOORCHMOORE:
Early this week, My Wife told me she suspects our 8months Son is left handed. He picks up his toys moore with Left hand to right hand.
This morning, I decided to test him with him bulldozer toy. I made him seat on rug. After winding the toy from a distance opposit him, it zoomed off and entered inbetween his legs. I noticed he always hold it with left hand except on a rear occasion he uses his Right hand. Okay, I park the toy by His Right leg, instead of touching it wit his Right Hand, he stretch his left arm towards it.
No one uses such handle in my family, thou my In-law 1st Son is left hand.
I'm worried because all my days as a student, my friends with such handle always end up with poor hand writing ¤look like were mother Hen is excavating sand, looking for what it didn't hide¤

Dear NL Parents
* Please is their any cause for alarm?
* How do I reverse this to Right Hand?
* He my 1st Child

Cc: RoyalRoy, Lalasticlala etc.

Let your baby be.

Don't go looking for problems where there aren't.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by eyinjuege: 5:20pm On Nov 21, 2015
Mr OP, hope you know President Obama is left handed, and the former Governor of Lagos state, and present Minister of Power, Works and Housing Babatunde Fashola (S.A.N) is also left handed.
Leave your child alone. We all can't be the same. We all shouldn't even be the same. Some deviations from the norm is welcome.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by OCTAVO: 5:23pm On Nov 21, 2015
If your concern is about handwriting, then I've seen plenty lefties with nice writing.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by eyinjuege: 5:23pm On Nov 21, 2015
catlova:

Well i know many left handed people doing very good. The part i hate is "what hand do they use to wipe their poo?"

Their right hand?
They prolly eat with their left hand too for good measure
Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 21, 2015
eyinjuege:

Their right hand?
They prolly eat with their left hand too for good measure

cheesy ok. Nw i ll b careful
Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by Eketem: 5:41pm On Nov 21, 2015
Smh, when will we stop being crude? What is wrong with the left hand? Is it not a hand?
A child will be perfectly normal we will go and create developmental problems for the child because of some silly unsubstantiated archaic belief.

Please leave that child alone if as an adult you don't know that using his left hand is perfectly normal then you are the one with the problem not the child

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by eyinjuege: 5:50pm On Nov 21, 2015
catlova:

cheesy ok. Nw i ll b careful

grin grin
Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by Merlissa(f): 6:42pm On Nov 21, 2015
catlova:

Like seriously
Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by teeboo: 6:44pm On Nov 21, 2015
He might change by himself,u don't ave to worry he's still young,my son was like dat too and nw he's 2yrs plus,he write with right hand but does every other tin with left

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 21, 2015
People like u will never cease to amaze me ,that is why we are still backwards ,everytime its put it in prayers ,what has prayers got to do with this now? even Obama uses his left hand what exactly r u telling him to put in prayers after u also told him its normal.
What has prayer got to do with this
NOBLEDANDY:
It might affect the child psychological development....
Just put him in prayers and don't force right on him BC is normal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by Ewuro4: 7:25pm On Nov 21, 2015
Tons of thread about this. Lemme look them up.
Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by NemzySeries(m): 7:26pm On Nov 21, 2015
dos using left makes him less of a human being?.....watz so wrong wit bin a lefty? pple wit left a very intelligent pple madam (av dated 2 lefty females & D're very smart peepz academically) & based on d hand writing....na dat 1 u go chop?...
Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by fr3do(m): 7:28pm On Nov 21, 2015
I saw this youtube video where they pointed out that some very successful and intelligent people are left handed, obama is a lefty.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 21, 2015
prettysolid:
People like u will never cease to amaze me ,that is why we are still backwards ,everytime its put it in prayers ,what has prayers got to do with this now? even Obama uses his left hand what exactly r u telling him to put in prayers after u also told him its normal.
What has prayer got to do with this

People like you won't also cease to surprise me. Why would you ask me why he would pray?? Don't you know what prayer does,?? Or don't you pray??. Hmmm

You should know Everybody must not be like or think like you do, just get the fact.

The scenario;
The dude is worried about his son turning a lefty because of the signs he is seeing, and at my finding what he needs advice,counseling and solace. And I offered him all. under these categories but concised BC of time. Which i further discussed now as;
1) advice: it is just a normal phenomenon and not a big deal. It happens.

2) counselling: forcing to make him use right has higher tendency of affecting his psychological development.

3) solace: with prayers and relating to God he will be strong as to the circumstances any how it turns out at the end. He will understand better.
Also if he is the type that believes in miracle. He can ask his God and who knows the boy will experience a miracle...

So what are you saying now?.
I shouldn't include the possibility of miracles??
Dude just lock up and don't be silly...
Go and know why you and those people you think are backward are backward not me cos am successful and forging higher with God helping me.
Nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2015
Since you have been praying for Nigeria what has happened. [quote author=NOBLEDANDY post=40267620]

People like you won't also cease to surprise me. Why would you ask me why he would pray?? Don't you know what prayer does,?? Or don't you pray??. Hmmm

You should know Everybody must not be like or think like you do, just get the fact.

The scenario;
The dude is worried about his son turning a lefty because of the signs he is seeing, and at my finding what he needs advice,counseling and solace. And I offered him all. under these categories but concised BC of time. Which i further discussed now as;
1) advice: it is just a normal phenomenon and not a big deal. It happens.

2) counselling: forcing to make him use right has higher tendency of affecting his psychological development.

3) solace: with prayers and relating to God he will be strong as to the circumstances any how it turns out at the end. He will understand better.
Also if he is the type that believes in miracle. He can ask his God and who knows th
Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 21, 2015
prettysolid:
Since you have been praying for Nigeria what has happened.

You are very foolish.... Was that the bone of contention?? Before.. .besides if you must know check NY signature, you gonna know better...
Piss off looser.
Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 21, 2015
LoL e pain am baaad, Truth is always bitter
NOBLEDANDY:

You are very foolish.... Was that the bone of contention?? Before.. .besides if you must know check NY signature, you gonna know better...
Piss off looser.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 21, 2015
prettysolid:
LoL e pain am baaad, Truth is always bitter

Hey this ingrate what's even wrong with you?
Truth is always bitter yes...
So which truth are you talking about?
Or are you good at foolishness?
Anyway I will leave you to your touting....
Zoom off dimwit.
Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 21, 2015
Are you like serious? There is nothing wrong with your kid using left hand because that part of his body is controlled by the right hemisphere of his brain. Changing him will result in slow psychomotor development. Instead encourage him and by the way, good handwritings are taught not inherited.
Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by shugga(f): 8:21pm On Nov 21, 2015
catlova:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by uboma(m): 10:36pm On Nov 21, 2015
catlova:

Any of the hands can be used to wipe their arse with the basic rule of washing their hands with soap and water after using the toilet

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by uboma(m): 10:39pm On Nov 21, 2015
prettysolid:
it is not late. My mum also adviced me on that. Stop allowing him use his left hand. you can drop things and tell him to pick with his right always insist he uses his right hand. Then he'll get used.

Wrong advise.

A child with the tendency of using his left hands more often than his right hand is perfectly normal.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My 1st Baby From Using Left Hand? by Admiral49(m): 10:40pm On Nov 21, 2015
It is nt bad 2 me infact it is beautiful to watch

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My 1yr 8month Old Baby Uses Left Hand. Right Or Wrong / It Has Been 4 Years Now We Had Sex- A Husband Plight / Re-strategizing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.