Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians (2662 Views)

What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? / "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria / JUMIA Should Stop Scamming Nigerians(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians by metys69: 7:41pm On Nov 21, 2015
@MTNNG @NgComCommission @EFCC_Nigeria @nigeriagov @NigeriaNewsdesk @lindaikeji MTN Nigeria has finally found a way to pay the 1.04 trillion naira fine by deducting customers account for services which they did not opt for. I happen to be one of their victims, and I know they are many Nigerians out there who are also victims of this ill circumstances. Twice I have been charged 50 naira for services I did not ask for; making 100 naira in total, the first was 'relationship tips' two weeks ago and today the 20th of Nov 2015 for 'sim backup'. Yes! Nigerians are ignorant and are very forgiving, I forgave and ignored the previous stealing of my 50 naira for 'relationship tips' but I refuse to do same this time. All I need is a refund of my 50 naira charged for 'sim backup' which I did not opt for, as I have forgiven the previous one. Called MTN incapacitated customer care services four times today and thrice the agents hung up on me. One of them claimed I have no evidence and customers were informed of such deductions earlier as there have been previous complaints from customers of not having their sim backed up (I would like to state that I haven't made such complain since acquiring this line), I am not other customers or most customers; this is their excuse for stealing our money. Therefore I use this medium to call on Nigerians who have had similar experience to retweet this and post their complaints online till the president hears it. After all, we are in the era of change, we can't keep suffering same fate year after year. If 50 naira is deducted every two weeks from over 60 million customers of MTN we would have been scammed with a tune of 6 billion naira in a month. If this is a sham by MTN and NCC we would find out soon. Otherwise, I expect them(NCC) to do their jobs and protect Nigerians. As for MTN it will interest them to know that I currently have a balance of -200 and would not be recharging my account until I am refunded. The number to refund to is 08061241817. Thanks From an upset MTN customer.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians by eyeview: 8:01pm On Nov 21, 2015
I really feel for mtn. Am not a fan of the network but I think the reason for this unprecedented fine is unfair.
Its sad that they are being punished because they didn't block the line of their customers who had not registered their sim at the expiration of the deadline. But the saddest part is that the same customers whom they were protecting that got them in this trouble have all turned around to say 'yes,mtn deserve the punishment.'
Must really be a tough one for them
Re: MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians by todayguest(m): 8:17pm On Nov 21, 2015
It's difficult to get such refund from MTN. Whenever such deductions are made, and there's a complaint. Customer Care agents would politely answer you with their usual lines. "we're sorry for the inconveniences this might have caused you. Thank you for choosing MTN" NObody could say 'I ASSURE YOU, YOU WOULD GET back your credit'
Re: MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians by awestic(m): 9:54pm On Nov 21, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 21, 2015
metys69:
@MTNNG @NgComCommission @EFCC_Nigeria @nigeriagov @NigeriaNewsdesk @lindaikeji MTN Nigeria has finally found a way to pay the 1.04 trillion naira fine by deducting customers account for services which they did not opt for. I happen to be one of their victims, and I know they are many Nigerians out there who are also victims of this ill circumstances. Twice I have been charged 50 naira for services I did not ask for; making 100 naira in total, the first was 'relationship tips' two weeks ago and today the 20th of Nov 2015 for 'sim backup'. Yes! Nigerians are ignorant and are very forgiving, I forgave and ignored the previous stealing of my 50 naira for 'relationship tips' but I refuse to do same this time. All I need is a refund of my 50 naira charged for 'sim backup' which I did not opt for, as I have forgiven the previous one. Called MTN incapacitated customer care services four times today and thrice the agents hung up on me. One of them claimed I have no evidence and customers were informed of such deductions earlier as there have been previous complaints from customers of not having their sim backed up (I would like to state that I haven't made such complain since acquiring this line), I am not other customers or most customers; this is their excuse for stealing our money. Therefore I use this medium to call on Nigerians who have had similar experience to retweet this and post their complaints online till the president hears it. After all, we are in the era of change, we can't keep suffering same fate year after year. If 50 naira is deducted every two weeks from over 60 million customers of MTN we would have been scammed with a tune of 6 billion naira in a month. If this is a sham by MTN and NCC we would find out soon. Otherwise, I expect them(NCC) to do their jobs and protect Nigerians. As for MTN it will interest them to know that I currently have a balance of -200 and would not be recharging my account until I am refunded. The number to refund to is 08061241817. Thanks From an upset MTN customer.
this is what happened, before the fine was released, MTN sent a pop message to you to back up your contacts unknown to you, you pressed ok. all you need to do is to send "STOP To 307 to stop such service but the advantage of that service was that your contacts are stored on their system should in case you loose your line, you can get them back
Re: MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians by pinkyruledworld(m): 12:05am On Nov 22, 2015
the annoying thing is that the customer care agents are NIGERIANS. Killing ourself since 1900

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians by DjAndroid: 3:24am On Nov 22, 2015
eyeview:
I really feel for mtn. Am not a fan of the network but I think the reason for this unprecedented fine is unfair.
Its sad that they are being punished because they didn't block the line of their customers who had not registered their sim at the expiration of the deadline. But the saddest part is that the same customers whom they were protecting that got them in this trouble have all turned around to say 'yes,mtn deserve the punishment.'

if a kidnapper had kidnapped a member of your family and calls you to pay ransome, you report to the police and they tell you they can't track the line because its not registered, I don't think you will still be this sympathetic to MTN's plight.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians by GENEA1(m): 3:33am On Nov 22, 2015
eyeview:
sorry bro, they ain't protecting anyone, they are only greedy and protecting their pocket.
Re: MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians by mekonglobal(m): 3:39am On Nov 22, 2015
Dat relationship tips issue also happen to me...and d worst of it is that i tried to cancel it but oops! There was no number to send it to..so i helplessly relax... While they enjoy their loot.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians by Baroba(m): 4:04am On Nov 22, 2015
GENEA1:
sorry bro, they ain't protecting anyone, they are only greedy and protecting their pocket.

Abeg tell am, corporate greed....
Re: MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians by YOUNGKAHUNA: 7:46am On Nov 22, 2015
It's disheartening, made a call of 4 mins 16 seconds and 100 Naira was deducted. They should take it cool on us Abeg.

Some of us just dey Manage.
Re: MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians by Maxcollins042(m): 8:29am On Nov 22, 2015
MTN be like ''Ok, Nigerians will pay the fine themselves'' . This is a big time scam well devised by big time scammers. MTN scamming Nigerians since 2002 #SAYNOTMTNSCAMMING.
Re: MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians by papadjaji: 9:09am On Nov 22, 2015
It took less than 1 hour for the port process to be concluded.
I have left MTN for good.
Re: MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians by mekonglobal(m): 9:23am On Nov 22, 2015
grin Op i duno maybe MTN read my post here...So i woke up dis morni to see a text mssg on hw to cancel dat relationship tips ish...
Text: STOP REL to 33334. Tried it n it worked! Unlike before, there was no numb. Like d one above or even an option to deactivate or to cancel it...
Re: MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians by metys69: 9:36am On Nov 22, 2015
eyeview:

It's high time we stop being sympathetic with law breakers. MTN broke the law and they should pay for it. But not with my money, cause my line has been registered a long time ago. Besides, if they had had difficulties in carrying out the registration/ update exercise they should have let customers do the update/ registration themselves, all they need do is create a portal for such. With all this technology we are privilege to have in our time we should stop behaving like we are still in the 80's. Almost every Nigerian has access to the Internet as at today, it might have cause them a little bit more to maintain such portal that wouldn't even be a quarter of the fine. NCC recognised this, that's why they gave them such a fine. We shouldn't be deceived they were not protecting anyone, people's lines have been blocked before and they went on to acquire another. I bet since GSM came into this country you have not been using only one line.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians by metys69: 9:58am On Nov 22, 2015
mekonglobal:
grin Op i duno maybe MTN read my post here...So i woke up dis morni to see a text mssg on hw to cancel dat relationship tips ish...
Text: STOP REL to 33334. Tried it n it worked! Unlike before, there was no numb. Like d one above or even an option to deactivate or to cancel it...

Glad you were able to resolve it. When I tried to stop mine using that stop format it didn't work. Had to call customer service to resolve it. Probably they are beginning to listen. It's shameful MTN is using this scam tactics, this used to be Glo's handwork. Happy Nitel is coming back guess it will be better for us.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians by metys69: 10:32am On Nov 22, 2015
todayguest:
It's difficult to get such refund from MTN. Whenever such deductions are made, and there's a complaint. Customer Care agents would politely answer you with their usual lines. "we're sorry for the inconveniences this might have caused you. Thank you for choosing MTN" NObody could say 'I ASSURE YOU, YOU WOULD GET back your credit'

My brother seems like you have been victimised severally. You got the line perfectly.
Re: MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians by metys69: 11:09am On Nov 22, 2015
asuustrike2009:

this is what happened, before the fine was released, MTN sent a pop message to you to back up your contacts unknown to you, you pressed ok. all you need to do is to send "STOP To 307 to stop such service but the advantage of that service was that your contacts are stored on their system should in case you loose your line, you can get them back

Mr man you are beginning to sound like an MTN customer service agent. 'unknown to me' but known to you I pressed OK. I didn't know you are a prophet, who sees the past or is it that you have a satellite watching me all this while. I'm not a kid or an old man who can't operate mobile phones, I pay attention to every message on my phone. They are millions of people who suffer same fate. Or how do you explain the 'relationships tip' issue, so far it didn't happen to only me. Or are you insinuating Nigerians are careless people?
Re: MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians by Emeka71(m): 11:24am On Nov 22, 2015
My MTN SIM has gone on holiday.
Re: MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians by armadeo(m): 12:46pm On Nov 22, 2015
pinkyruledworld:
the annoying thing is that the customer care agents are NIGERIANS. Killing ourself since 1900

They can be so rude. I gave on a piece of my mind once and hung up on the idiot before she could hand up on me. slowpoke bitch.

They did the same shit to me falling me I subscribed to gadget care. I get texts saying I shouldn't put my phone in water or leave it in the Sun.
Why should I pay for such rubbish.
Re: MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 22, 2015
metys69:

Mr man you are beginning to sound like an MTN customer service agent. 'unknown to me' but known to you I pressed OK. I didn't know you are a prophet, who sees the past or is it that you have a satellite watching me all this while. I'm not a kid or an old man who can't operate mobile phones, I pay attention to every message on my phone. They are millions of people who suffer same fate. Or how do you explain the 'relationships tip' issue, so far it didn't happen to only me. Or are you insinuating Nigerians are careless people?
I gave you the solution yet you castigate me by being ungrateful. Do you think everyone is perfect in this life? Do you know what happens in your phone while sway for short period of time? for the benefit of doubt, i don't work or have a link with MTN and as a matter of fact the solution was in the post pasted.
Re: MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 22, 2015
those of you complaining about MTN this and that, this is my advice to you.
1. don't keep wailing about MTN as if you can't do without them because they have gone deaf. Just port to other networks and have peace . atleast those networks offer similar service
2.don't say because am using their network, I have every right to complain because NCC has put cotton wool on their ear. Just buy another network sim at least etisalat isn't bad. they offer cheap data as low as 1g and calls as low as 11k/sec
3.If you continue to wail, You're indirectly advertising for them. hope una know say na bad news dey sell pass If na lie ask vanguard, punch how they sell their newspaper
Re: MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians by simongonner: 3:10pm On Nov 22, 2015
same with me.. I bought 200 naira card Tuesday night..fast forward to the next day I woke up and saw 0.00(am using aNokia torch light phone)...called customer care but they bounce my calls..I gave up...
Re: MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians by metys69: 5:13pm On Dec 01, 2015
asuustrike2009:
those of you complaining about MTN this and that, this is my advice to you.
1. don't keep wailing about MTN as if you can't do without them because they have gone deaf. Just port to other networks and have peace . atleast those networks offer similar service
2.don't say because am using their network, I have every right to complain because NCC has put cotton wool on their ear. Just buy another network sim at least etisalat isn't bad. they offer cheap data as low as 1g and calls as low as 11k/sec
3.If you continue to wail, You're indirectly advertising for them. hope una know say na bad news dey sell pass If na lie ask vanguard, punch how they sell their newspaper

My man you really don't have what to say
Re: MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 01, 2015
metys69:

My man you really don't have what to say
My man?

(1) (Reply)

Predict The Future Of Smartphone In 2050 / Its Back Again MTN Package Check It Out Here / The Finger Print Lock :infinix Note 4 Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.