Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel (34613 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix / Only PDP Can Solve Nigeria’s Economic Problems- Gov. Emmanuel / BBC Laments Over Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity As #End fuel crisisnow Trends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Shortyy(f): 9:03am On Nov 22, 2015
Story
Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by aldrick: 9:03am On Nov 22, 2015
Niger delta republic i stand.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by gab19: 9:05am On Nov 22, 2015
Una dey craz?mk una continue una argument I dey enjoy as i no go church.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by mekonglobal(m): 9:09am On Nov 22, 2015
Nice one!
Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Wallade(m): 9:12am On Nov 22, 2015
HopeAtHand:
Where do they have oil on land in Aks...imagine a state with about 100% offshore oil talking about siting a refinery..are we looking for a refinery that will triple cost of production at this time??

Akwa Ibom governor should go and sit down..

You must be from the stone age. Blockhead!

7 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 22, 2015
NOBODYY:
According to Oyel thieves & Land grabbers...
Akwa ibom is a biafran state cheesy cheesy

The number one Tribalistic fool on Nairaland

Go ahead and label me Ibo for exposing your foolishness.

Go ahead and call me a bigot for telling the political incorrect truth.

The Akwa Ibom thread is testament of you yorubas jealousy.

Yeye parasites.

13 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Decapo: 9:17am On Nov 22, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

They should build the refinery in Osogbo abi?

Before the crude is shipped out is it not sent onshore to be cleaned of debris and sea water?

Dunce
RevDesmondJuju:

You are silly.
Have you factored the cost of building pipelines from the myriad of oil wells to a single point refinery?
Have you considered the built up areas that you intend passing your pipelines through?
Building a coastal refinery in Akwa Ibom near oil jetties which will be supplied by coastal pipelines is cheaper and far more easier to build.
There is also the gain of transporting refined products via ships to the adjourning coasts for onward transfer in land and even for export.
But you won't know that because you want the refinery in osogbo
You are just shouting osogbo se u want make iya osogbo vex 4 u abi?
Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Decapo: 9:18am On Nov 22, 2015
gab19:
Una dey craz?mk una continue una argument I dey enjoy as i no go church.

I dey tell u...me sef gbadun am jare
Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Systeme101: 9:19am On Nov 22, 2015
HopeAtHand:

In Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa, crude oil are mined onshore.if there should be a new refineryto be built, these states should be considerd first because it is more cost effective and also factor the logistics required. Point of corection, d governor doesnt reali need d help of FG to build a refinary, am well informed that plans had been concluded for a state owned refinary, all he is sayin is that d s so call federal govt should allow d refinary to b functional upon completion. because they're good @ blocking strategic progress that cums to d soth-south

Im not in the mood to engage Idiiots tonight...please do not quote me anymore..
Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by einsteino(m): 9:21am On Nov 22, 2015
HopeAtHand:

In Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa, crude oil are mined onshore.if there should be a new refineryto be built, these states should be considerd first because it is more cost effective and also factor the logistics required.

Am from delta, most of our oil reserves are offshore. Right now shell no longer drills onshore in delta. So be informed before you speak.

14 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Lordave: 9:21am On Nov 22, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

They should build the refinery in Osogbo abi?

Before the crude is shipped out is it not sent onshore to be cleaned of debris and sea water?

Dunce
Leave am, na so they wan take live in their phantom South South republic.

Ndi ara, I think they said only Igbos are not united.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by HopeAtHand: 9:21am On Nov 22, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Pipelines weaving through built up communities in the Southsouth? Do you know how much it will cost to pay compensation and also maintain monthly security on the pipelines?

Also, you are not seeing the future. Which is the exportation of refined fuels to adjourning African countries.

Shipping refined crude to Lagos instead of by pipeline may appear expensive but you can't beat the volume and zero chance of sabotage.

Try to see beyond your nose

Ode

We barely produce half of what we need and you're fantasizing about exporting refined fuels to other african countries.

If Nigeria has to build a new refinery ASAP to ease our bad situatuon, Akwa Ibom state is definitely off the equation..in this times when more cost effective and efficient means of satisfying a need is utmost, a state that relies on oil rigs nautical miles off its coast for oil production must play second fiddle to states that have the oil easily accessible on land.

I dont care if you're from Akwa Ibom and it hits you hardly but you have to accept the reality that your state is an oil state by technicality...and there are some limitations arising from such technicality.

You can keep insulting yourself...your problem not mine.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by HopeAtHand: 9:22am On Nov 22, 2015
einsteino:

Am from delta, most of oil reserves are offshore. Right now shell no longer drills onshore in delta. So be informed before you speak.

Refineries should be built in Rivers...simple grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by pat077: 9:23am On Nov 22, 2015
talk is cheap.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Ovaiegbe(m): 9:26am On Nov 22, 2015
HopeAtHand:

You build pipelines from the offshore rigs to refinery and after refining the products, you move it from the refinery by boats inland to a tank farm/storage facility and then you start selling to tankers.

See the many processes involved with its logistics problems, costs and risks..compare to PH refinery where pipelones are channeled to the refinery where they refine and sell to tankers..which is easier??

Beat it mate, youre a dunce..im done with you, I aint interested in helping you grow this thread,any further.

I wish you would speak of things you know and not come here to make verbose display of your ignorance.
Firstly, crude oil is not produced on offshore rigs but on offshore platforms. A refinery will most likely be supplied by several platform that are piped to a terminal. Akwa Ibom happens to have one of such terminals at QIT owned by MPNU.
Secondly, even if govt chooses to a land location is better, the product still needs to be piped through communities to the refinery.
Now if you were govt, which would you prefer? To deal with more communities or with less?

7 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Lordave: 9:26am On Nov 22, 2015
HopeAtHand:
Where do they have oil on land in Aks...imagine a state with about 100% offshore oil talking about siting a refinery..are we looking for a refinery that will triple cost of production at this time??

This Republic of South South go annihilate themselves with sabotage and jealousy o.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 22, 2015
HopeAtHand:

We barely produce half of what we need and you're fantasizing about exporting refined fuels to other african countries.

If Nigeria has to build a new refinery ASAP to ease our bad situatuon, Akwa Ibom state is definitely off the equation..in this times when more cost effective and efficient means of satisfying a need is utmost, a state that relies on oil rigs nautical miles off its coast for oil production must play second fiddle to states that have the oil easily accessible on land.

I dont care if you're from Akwa Ibom and it hits you hardly but you have to accept the reality that your state is an oil state by technicality...and there are some limitations arising from such technicality.

You can keep insulting yourself...your problem not mine.

You dunce.

It is not rocket science to refine and sell crude.

And if Nigeria began developing the downstream sector we will earn 20 times what we now earn from crude, create jobs and industries and conserve much needed forex.

The cost of crude has crashed but has that in any way affected the pricing of refined resins like engine oil, brake fluids?

You see how parasitic and lazy people like you yorubas and your ab0ki masters are the problem?

Fool, the future lies in developing the downstream sector which won't happen as long as you Yorubas and Awusas oppose the passage of the PIB.

And for your info, almost all refineries are located in and around the coastal areas. Why ? Because those countries with sense see a viable and more profitable market in selling refined crude products overseas.

Or do you think the fuel that is imported daily into Nigeria comes from a refinery located in land?

ode

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by bigtt76(f): 9:32am On Nov 22, 2015
Akwa Ibom state gets about the highest in Federal Allocations so what other empowerment are you looking for grin
Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Semper247(m): 9:34am On Nov 22, 2015
End time governor
Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by ldpele(m): 9:35am On Nov 22, 2015
tola9ja:
Another scam

your multi billions hospital is not yet working

and you want to solve national problem SMH grin grin grin grin
have your governor laid foundation for any? Werey

6 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by ritababe(f): 9:37am On Nov 22, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

GET OUT FROM HERE IMMEDIATELY YOU JEALOUS YORUBA FOOL

pls seun , lalasticlala , afam4eva
any thread i see this guy his comments are always tribalist and he like to insult, pls do something.
(check all his comments u will see for urself)
Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 22, 2015
bigtt76:
Akwa Ibom state gets about the highest in Federal Allocations so what other empowerment are you looking for grin

They will need an operational liscence to build and operate a refinery.

Something that the Hausas and Yoruba oil marketers will oppose till their death!.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 22, 2015
ritababe:

pls seun , lalasticlala , afam4eva
any thread i see this guy his comments are always tribalist and he like to insult, pls do something.
(check all his comments u will see for urself)

nah una teach me.

I will give you molten magma for your pebbles!

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Awoofawo(m): 9:41am On Nov 22, 2015
HopeAtHand:

You dey misyawn! Are offshore oil not refineable or are they refined offshore?! Folks that have no ideas about issues being discuss will just open their mouth to give mouth-action cool

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by HopeAtHand: 9:42am On Nov 22, 2015
Ovaiegbe:

I wish you would speak of things you know and not come here to make verbose display of your ignorance.
Firstly, crude oil is not produced on offshore rigs but on offshore platforms. [b]A refinery will most likely be supplied by several platform that are piped to a terminal. Akwa Ibom happens to have one of such terminals at QIT owned by MPNU.
Secondly, even if govt chooses to a land location is better, the product still needs to be piped through communities to the refinery.
Now if you were govt, which would you prefer? To deal with more communities or with less?

You need to go thru my opening argument..it was the issue of cost of production and logistics.

I argued that siting on land will be more cost effective and easier on the logistics, bearing in mind the sole aim of the refinery as proposed by Udom is to ease the scarcity of petroleum products in Nigeria.

Piping from an on oil platform to the offshore refinery and moving the products in ships/boats to a tank farm on land before selling to buyers is a whole longer process than just piping to the refinery on land and selling the refined products to buyers.

You think you have a Ph.D..SMH

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by fejikudz(m): 9:43am On Nov 22, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Like seriously,

Please please please, think and be informed before you speak of things you don't know about..

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Pesuzok(m): 9:43am On Nov 22, 2015
I think the solution is to subsidize fuel in all NNPC filling station. All other major and independent marketers should sell at whatever they want, let's create competition among the major and independent marketers

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Angel196(f): 9:44am On Nov 22, 2015
*500naira Earners Networking!

Forget about brokeness as a student, Job seekers, Work-at-home-mom, Government workers, self employed.. No matter which of the category you are, it is time to Make real Money online in Nigeria, we have created a fast growing networking type that pays you up to 9 level deep, yes you'll get paid again.. again.. and again. So if you ever want to work once and get Paid forever 500naira earners is made specially for you. Work this week and get paid till you grow old. Bring your children in and they'll get paid till they grow old. Make up 9000 naira weekly with just 500 naira.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by rottennaija(m): 9:44am On Nov 22, 2015
tola9ja:
Another scam

your multi billions hospital is not yet working

and you want to solve national problem SMH grin grin grin grin

Him never pay workers salaries ooo, teachers, civil servants, doctors, lawyers. All the newly recruited for close to a year ooo.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by fejikudz(m): 9:45am On Nov 22, 2015
einsteino:

Am from delta, most of oil reserves are offshore. Right now shell no longer drills onshore in delta. So be informed before you speak.
Abeg help me tell the guy.. He just dey display his ignorance here

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 22, 2015
HopeAtHand:

You think you have a Ph.D..SMH

This is the ITK argument which leads to worthless certificate holders occupying sensitive positions.

If I may ask Dr ITK, from where does Nigerian imported fuels come from?

Is it from Refineries located at or in proximity to the coast ?
Re: Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel by Awoofawo(m): 9:48am On Nov 22, 2015
HopeAtHand:

In Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa, crude oil are mined onshore.if there should be a new refineryto be built, these states should be considerd first because it is more cost effective and also factor the logistics required.

You should include this in your first post to make your points more clear! Cost effective should be the prime consideration, the project were going to be Akwa Ibom sponsored, as such they call the tune here!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Buhari's Vacation Extension / Tijani Yusuf Is Dead! Presidency Announces Death Of SA Special Duties / Photos Of Salomi Pogu, The Chibok Girl Rescued Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.