Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,791 members, 7,806,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline (29643 Views)

Four Banks Get Sanction For Non-reversal Of E-payment Dispense Error / BVN: Banks To Deactivate Unregistered Accounts As Deadline Expires Friday / BVN Deadline: 26m Bank Accounts To Be Frozen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by daphid25(m): 12:54pm On Nov 23, 2015
You can't even trust bank these days
Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by algorithmz(m): 12:54pm On Nov 23, 2015
Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by ogbe2K3(m): 12:56pm On Nov 23, 2015
Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by rottenegg: 12:57pm On Nov 23, 2015
While all this is happening, our presido/min of nnpc is touring Iran.
Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by menix(m): 12:59pm On Nov 23, 2015
If WEMA bank no dey there make I no see Light for my neighbor house again..

Unity, if u put bank join the Unity nah u sabi..

Uwa Mmebi Banks...
Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 23, 2015
Ezedon:
its for those that keep their money in the bank, for me i'm not afraid

U keep your money in your mattress.
Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by Willydilly(m): 1:04pm On Nov 23, 2015
I know that ECO BANK is number 1
Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by RedCard1(m): 1:05pm On Nov 23, 2015
Poorest, weakest, dumbest and worst performing banks so far:

Enterprice Bank: this bank needs to be shut down.

Skye Bank: I can't tell why.

Unity Bank: their time is up. They just have to go away.

Ecobank: they don't ever have stable network service. The Air Conditioners hardly works fine. Merge them with Skye let's see what happens.

FCMB: Boring as Ecobank and they defraud customers a lot.

Wema Bank and GT Bank: just because they are not everywhere. It's so tough to find a branch of these two banks.
Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 23, 2015
we need names...
Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by DTaj: 1:32pm On Nov 23, 2015
Easy to know. The story clearly stated that the 3 banks are among the regional and national banks. In Nigeria today, these 9 banks are the ONLY regional and national banks:

1. Heritage
2. Jaiz
3. WEMA
4. Unity
5. Citibank
6. Standard Chartered
7. StanbicIBTC
8. Sterling Bank
9. Ecobank

Others, such as First Bank, UBA, Zenith, GTBank, Access, Skye, Diamond, Fidelity, and FCMB are the big banks with international license approval. So, they are not among the 3 banks affected.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by anikeayun(f): 2:22pm On Nov 23, 2015
Go for research Jaiz bank is not among
Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by kunleawosika: 2:30pm On Nov 23, 2015
DTaj:
Easy to know. The story clearly stated that the 3 banks are among the regional and national banks. In Nigeria today, these 9 banks are the ONLY regional and national banks:
1. Heritage
2. Jaiz
3. WEMA
4. Unity
5. Citibank
6. Standard Chartered
7. StanbicIBTC
8. Sterling Bank
9. Ecobank
Others, such as First Bank, UBA, Zenith, GTBank, Access, Skye, Diamond, Fidelity, and FCMB are the big banks with international license approval. So, they are not among the 3 banks affected.

hmmm..., have you officially check CBN Bank rating? because i was fortunate to come across financial-program on AIT, that confirms Ecobank is in 7th position of CBN top-ten banks in Nigeria and moreover, ECOBANK can conveniently acquire these listed banks, simply because its PAN-Africa Bank, and i doubted if dey would be affected that much...jes saying'

1 Like

Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by FOCUSBYEMS: 2:56pm On Nov 23, 2015
@RedCARD1 Loool...did i hear that syke-bank be merged with Ecobank? its like comparing West Ham United with Barcelona, the difference is very wide, Ecobank is a PAN-africa (equivalent to International) while Skye bank is not it.
RedCard1:
Poorest, weakest, dumbest and worst performing banks so far:

Enterprice Bank: this bank needs to be shut down.

Skye Bank: I can't tell why.

Unity Bank: their time is up. They just have to go away.

Ecobank: they don't ever have stable network service. The Air Conditioners hardly works fine. Merge them with Skye let's see what happens.

FCMB: Boring as Ecobank and they defraud customers a lot.

Wema Bank and GT Bank: just because they are not everywhere. It's so tough to find a branch of these two banks.

1 Like

Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by TheRealAdonye(m): 3:00pm On Nov 23, 2015
The Systematically Important Banks are:
First Bank of Nigeria Plc,
United Bank for Africa Plc,
Zenith Bank Plc,
Access Bank Plc,
Ecobank Nigeria Plc,
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc,
Skye Bank Plc,
and Diamond Bank Plc

I'm sure it's none of the above..

1 Like

Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by TheRealAdonye(m): 3:07pm On Nov 23, 2015
FOCUSBYEMS:
@RedCARD1 Loool...did i hear that syke-bank be merged with Ecobank? its like comparing West Ham United with Barcelona, the difference is very wide, Ecobank is a PAN-africa (equivalent to International) while Skye bank is not it.

Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by DrewMX(m): 3:10pm On Nov 23, 2015
Names of the banks ooo,let me know if my money is safe...
Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by ihedioramma: 3:54pm On Nov 23, 2015
patostation:

Dem don use style mention the banks for you and you still dey ask quession
please the bank's they name there is more than three, tell us the three you understand?
Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by ihedioramma: 3:59pm On Nov 23, 2015
Geogeo1:
I believe we should always update our knowledge on certain issues before misleading the public, especially on sensitive matters. the CBN was clear that non of the systemically important banks is in the list. I believe people do know that the eight largest banks in the country, led by UBA, FirstBank, Zenith, GTBank and Access are the systemically important banks in Nigeria. More so, banks like UBA, Zenith, GTBank and Access have more than the required capital adequacy ratio, following the capitalization of their earnings. You will recall that these banks also paid interim dividends some months ago, following the approval of the CBN, which has considered their capital, liquidity and other important measures of soundness before such dividend approval and payment.
let's understand you well, so this news wrong or?
Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by manie(m): 4:00pm On Nov 23, 2015
Beesluv:
Hmmm, which banks abeg?

U Bank should be there.

K Bank should be there.

W Bank may be there.
Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by Beesluv: 4:11pm On Nov 23, 2015
manie:

U Bank should be there.

K Bank should be there.

W Bank may be there.

you try grin

Ub, Un or Uy
Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by manie(m): 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2015
Beesluv:

you try grin

Ub, Un or Uy

uy
Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by rhames(m): 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2015
ibkgab001:
WEMA IS INCLUDED

FIDELITY

JAIS BANK

Bros, Wema just applied for a national license.
Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by wiseoneking: 6:49pm On Nov 23, 2015
ibkgab001:
WEMA IS INCLUDED

FIDELITY

JAIS BANK
fidelity? Nope! It is among the first strongest banks:zenith, first bank, gtb, Uba
Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by Beesluv: 7:13pm On Nov 23, 2015
witorwitoutyou:
Some peeps wey b say na 546:42K dem get insyde account sef dey ask 4 NAMES of d bank
grin
At least they get something. N500 is like N5000 to some people
Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by Beesluv: 7:20pm On Nov 23, 2015
ihedioramma:
please the bank's they name there is more than three, tell us the three you understand?
Nice 1, tell him to use style to tell us

1 Like

Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by Nicepoker(m): 9:03pm On Nov 23, 2015
CBN will make the list.
Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by Favolly(f): 9:15pm On Nov 23, 2015
ibkgab001:
WEMA IS INCLUDED
FIDELITY
JAIS BANK
Fidelity isn't among the 3 banks
Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by Favolly(f): 9:30pm On Nov 23, 2015
Allee90:
I suspect FirstBank may be among
Lol
Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by Elebiju: 1:37am On Nov 24, 2015
I go happy if skye bank no meet the deadline.
Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by slydog(m): 6:21am On Nov 24, 2015
They say capital adequacy. What makes capital to be eroded?
It may shock you, but Think of the banks that have had their fingers burnt due to excessive lending to the oil sector and are unable to recoup back as much as they've lenses. It will lead to them making excessive provisioning for such loans, and where is the money for provisioning coming from??
Think......
To make matters worst, the CBN also instructed banks to double provisioning on performing loans, you can imagine the impact of this on such already constrained banks......
Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by Adesiji77: 5:46pm On Nov 25, 2015
ihedioramma:
i cant read that long things . what is the names of the three bank's?

grin lipsrsealed

Madam, where have you been?
Re: 3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline by adeg(m): 7:26pm On Jan 24, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Cost Of Establishing A Primary And Secondary School? / 15 Tips To Avoid Being Robbed When Using ATM In Nigeria / KDJ Haliru Sells Nigerian Stew In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.