Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,879 members, 7,798,945 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? (39503 Views)

How To Make It As A Nigerian In America In 2014 / Nigerians In Czech Republic How Life / Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 07, 2014
anyone's got any idea where i can learn the czech language? I heard undergraduate studies whose language of instruction is czech is free.
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by gowaga68: 10:14am On Jan 08, 2014
frankben: anyone's got any idea where i can learn the czech language? I heard undergraduate studies whose language of instruction is czech is free.
You can apply from those schools, its easy if you google your question regarding that.
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 08, 2014
gowaga68:
You can apply from those schools, its easy if you google your question regarding that.
Thanks gowaga68. Please when does application for preparatory courses usually commence? Is there any czech language school in Nigeria or Ghana?
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 08, 2014
comon house. Lets talk Iceland. Heard studies there is free.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by gowaga68: 6:11pm On Jan 08, 2014
frankben:
Thanks gowaga68. Please when does application for preparatory courses usually commence? Is there any czech language school in Nigeria or Ghana?

Am saw this comment on one of the Czech TRDS:There is this school in olomuc that offer a language course, and u pay after arriving the school, but the program start September. Is better you apply now so you get the necessary document require, cos Czech visa application takes three month to process. If you are interested i can always give you the site.
The school is Palacky University and the site is http://www.upol.cz/en/. Czech student visa is easy to get if you have all the required document. The interesting thing is that the school will send all your document to the embassy in Abuja. If you are interested I can send the form to your mail box, fill and submit to her, or better still make your require thru the admission officer with this info, E-mail: jana.stefanova@upol.cz
Phone: +420 585 633 476. All the best.

but man its not a most to learn their Language since lots of English causes are cheap like 400 euro -UPwards. but as of learning in Gh or Nig am sorry i dont know.
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Chidonsky: 7:48pm On Jan 08, 2014
@gowaga,how much does 1 need 2 apply for undergraduate course in any of the czech schools for foreign students.
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 09, 2014
gowaga, you said studies in english cost 400€ but im not sure if its per semester or annually. Can you please throw more light on that? Concercing my decision to learn czech, im the one to finance my studies and wouldnt like anything that would deter me along the line. Learning czech gives me an advantage over those who've chosen to study in english coz i can easily integrate into the czech community and finding work ain't gonna be hard for me.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by gowaga68: 7:06pm On Jan 09, 2014
Chidonsky: @gowaga,how much does 1 need 2 apply for undergraduate course in any of the czech schools for foreign students.

it all depends on what you're going to study and School.
here is a site for you to make your research on http://www.studyin.cz/universities/
i hope that helps.

frankben: gowaga, you said studies in english cost 400€ but im not sure if its per semester or annually. Can you please throw more light on that? Concercing my decision to learn czech, im the one to finance my studies and wouldnt like anything that would deter me along the line. Learning czech gives me an advantage over those who've chosen to study in english coz i can easily integrate into the czech community and finding work ain't gonna be hard for me.

you can simply google for what ever you want to know....http://www.studyin.cz/universities/
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 09, 2014
gowaga68:

here is a site for you to make your research on http://www.studyin.cz/universities/
i hope that helps.

you can simply google for what ever you want to know....http://www.studyin.cz/universities/
Thanks for the link. But unfortunately, the information is still not there
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by gowaga68: 9:52pm On Jan 09, 2014
frankben:
Thanks for the link. But unfortunately, the information is still not there

guy you sound very lazy....
Okay here is my favorite and where am heading to (i mean the university i want) :

http://www.fzp.czu.cz/studiesatfes/index.php?r=4980&i=9052 (Faculty of Environmental Sciences)

Application process:

The on-line application form is accessible here.
Only electronic application is accepted. Please make sure that you have enclosed all the relevant documents as described in "Admission requirements". Only complete applications will be considered for the admission procedure! Applications can be processed only after all relevant documents have been submitted.

The admission procedure takes 1 - 2 months. Afterwards you will be notified of the result. Please take note of this timetable if applying for a scholarship.

FEES:

Admission fee:
We charge an Admission fee, which covers admission expenses. Admission fee is 500 CZK (Kč).
In the case of international bank transfer you need to know following:

Bank name: Komerční banka, a.s.
Bank address: Na Příkopě 33/ 969, 11407, Praha 1
Account: 19-5504550287/0100
IBAN: CZ 1101000000195504550287
SWIFT: KOMBCZPPXXX

Your application information from below will be necessary so that the
University knows who is submitting application payment:

Constant symbol: 179
Variable symbol: 4275000114
Specific Symbol is your application number, which you should get by e-mail when your online application has been submitted.
University address: Kamýcká 129, Praha 6 - Suchdol, 16521

You can also pay this fee at the SIC (Study and Information Centre) on campus. Just announce at the cash desk ("pokladna"wink you want to pay admission fee for FŽP (Faculty of Environmental Sciences). Scan the receipte and send it by e-mail with other documents.

Tuition fee:
Fees are set every year by the Dean`s office. The exact fee for Academic Year 2014/2015 is 400 EUR.

Please, contact us for the further information.

then....

http://www.fld.czu.cz/en/?r=3839

The Faculty of Forestry and Wood Sciences offer two Bachelor study programmes and three Master study programmes taught in English:

Bachelor study programmes:
» Forestry
» Game management

Master study programmes:
» Forestry, Water and Landscape Management
» Tropical Forestry and Agroforestry
» Forest Engineering

The Bachelor study programmes are open to all students, who have passed their secondary (high) school (by passing the graduation exam). The high school diploma must be validated by the Czech authority.

The Master study programmes are open to all students, who have passed their Bachelor degree. All foreigners have to submit a Bachelor degree diploma validated by the Czech authority (via the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports). It has to be completed up to at least the date of study registration.

The study programmes are biennial and students graduate after diploma/bachelor thesis defence and state examination.

Application process:
Only electronic application is accepted. Online registration can be accessed at:
http://prijimacky.czu.cz. Application forms for the academic year 2014-15 are accepted up to 31.03.2014. This information regarding registration does not apply for ERASMUS students!

Please make sure that you have enclosed all the relevant documents as described in "Admission requirements". Only complete applications will be considered for the admission procedure! Applications can be processed only after all relevant documents have been submitted.

A necessary condition for admission is passing an entrance examination. The entrance examination comprises a discussion form (in English) about forestry or biology (depended on selected study programme) and a written test from mathematics (BSc programme Forestry).

Admission fee:
We charge an Admission fee, which covers admission expenses. Admission fee is 500 CZK.
Bank name: Komerční banka, a.s.
Bank address: Na Příkopě 33/ 969, 11407, Praha 1
Account: 19-5504550287/0100
IBAN: CZ 1101000000195504550287
SWIFT: KOMBCZPPXXX

Your application information from below will be necessary so that the
University knows who is submitting application payment:

Variable symbol: 4375000114
Specific Symbol is your application number, which you should get by e-mail when your online application has been submitted.
University address: Kamýcká 129, Praha 6 - Suchdol, 16521

You can also pay this fee at the SIC (Study and Information Centre) on campus.

Study fees
Studies in any foreign language (non-Czech or non-Slovak) have to be paid tuition fee according to the instructions of the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports. Each university decides the amount of the fees according to its own prescription. The exact fee for Academic Year 2014/2015 is 12.500 CZK (460 EUR).

ERASMUS students and students studying in the Czech Republic according to international agreements by means of the Centre for International Services of Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports do not pay any fees.

Registration
Incoming exchange students as well as international degree students must register in the CULS electronic online registration system. They will receive an ID login and password from their CULS incoming student coordinator.

Visa Regulations for incoming students

Students from the EU do not need a visa. All students (also from EU) must register with the foreign police in Prague after their enrolment at CULS.

If you need a visa to get to the Czech Republic this is how you should proceed:
When you receive the Letter of Acceptance and a Confirmation of Accommodation (both will be send after passing the entrance examination) apply for a student visa at the Czech Embassy or Czech Consulate in your country of origin. You will get visa application forms (in five main European languages) that are to be filled out with the help of the embassy personnel.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
There is no chance to get a visa ad hoc, after your arrival in the Czech Republic!
Foreign students who need a visa and have not made the necessary arrangements before coming to the Czech Republic will not be registered at CULS.

Government Scholarships:

Study Applicants from developing countries can apply for a government scholarship. Information can be found here: http://www.msmt.cz/eu-and-international-affairs/government-scholarships-developing-countries.
Applications should be submitted by the end of September of the previous year before the start of the course through the Czech Embassy of the respective country. Registration form: http://registr.dzs.cz/registr.nsf.

i guess with this little work done here you could do the rest ya sef.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by gowaga68: 9:06am On Jan 10, 2014
Geo-man:
NOTE: Anybody that wants to apply (Application is on going now) to Czech University Of Life Sciences (CULS) ,Faculty of Environmental Sciences (Masters level) can get in touch with me. I will try as much as i can to secure you admission here FREE OF CHARGE (FOC) once you meet the requirements. Please DO NOT pay any agent to secure you admission here, I hate unnecessary exploitations.

am stilling waiting o, hope you okay?
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 10, 2014
but if i may ask, do u knw czech@ gowaga
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by gowaga68: 11:33am On Jan 10, 2014
frankben: but if i may ask, do u knw czech@ gowaga

I dont!
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Chidonsky: 12:21pm On Jan 10, 2014
gowaga68:

i hope that helps.

business related course
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Chidonsky: 12:26pm On Jan 10, 2014
gowaga68:

i hope that helps.

Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by gowaga68: 11:09am On Jun 28, 2014
Hello all,
i was worried and needed advice from everyone .
I appied for B.sc forestry at CULS and since then have been following the process but my major problem now is Sitting for the Entrance Examination which as stated in the school letter issued to me that the exams will be done at the school (CULS prague), on recieving the letter i sent them a mail stating am a foreign applicant and needs to get other means of sitting for the exams and on my portal they told me "Not been Admitted" due to not sitting for the exams.but later sent a mail informing me they had some communication with Czech Embassy in Nigeria on means of setting the exam September.
So my question now is
* what can i do regarding sitting for the exams September? As the visa processing takes 2-3 months.
* when does studies starts?
Thanks in advance for your advice.
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 28, 2014
gowaga68: Hello all,
i was worried and needed advice from everyone .
I appied for B.sc forestry at CULS and since then have been following the process but my major problem now is Sitting for the Entrance Examination which as stated in the school letter issued to me that the exams will be done at the school (CULS prague), on recieving the letter i sent them a mail stating am a foreign applicant and needs to get other means of sitting for the exams and on my portal they told me "Not been Admitted" due to not sitting for the exams.but later sent a mail informing me they had some communication with Czech Embassy in Nigeria on means of setting the exam September.
So my question now is
* what can i do regarding sitting for the exams September? As the visa processing takes 2-3 months.
* when does studies starts?
Thanks in advance for your advice.
Don't be bothered much about when studies start or not,do everything possible to pass the entrance exam and get your visa issued.i am studying in CULS now and i resumed late last year due to delay in visa processing.I know some Ghanaians that even came as late as December,all they did was to carry the semester over....It is not a big deal here, don't be troubled.just get your visa first okay, you will be fine.Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Chidonsky: 5:25pm On Jun 28, 2014
Geo-man:
Don't be bothered much about when studies start or not,do everything possible to pass the entrance exam and get your visa issued.i am studying in CULS now and i resumed late last year due to delay in visa processing.I know some Ghanaians that even came as late as December,all they did was to carry the semester over....It is not a big deal here, don't be troubled.just get your visa first okay, you will be fine.Good luck.
long time bro,how is studies so far,any hope for huzzlers and undergraduate
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by gowaga68: 9:19am On Jun 29, 2014
Geoman, thanks for your input. You discarded me after getting there though you told me you will keep in touch (facebook).
I know you study at CULS but not in the same faculty but could you please help get a contact in that faculty to tell us what the entrance exams looks like?
Thanks.

Geo-man:
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by dcitizen1: 4:32pm On Jul 06, 2014
Geoman, congratulation on ur acceptance into culs. I will like to have first hand information from. What is the tuition fee for a bachelor programme in informatics or economics and management for 2014/2015 academic session for international students? Need ur repsonse. Thanks man
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 06, 2014
Geo-man:

I was told MSc Environmental Engineering at CULS is 1000 euro per session.. How many months did it take for ur visa processing starting frm legalisation? And how abt accommodation. Pls, enlighten me
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by dcitizen1: 6:24am On Jul 07, 2014
Is it compulsory for your sponsor to live in nigeria. Is it possible to use the statement of account of my uncle in the usa or any other country?
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 07, 2014
Sorry guys, i have been very busy with work and my masters thesis.beside my nairaland account was affected by the recent hacking of nairaland so i had to change my password and a new name was given to me grin grin....
Chidonsky: long time bro,how is studies so far,any hope for huzzlers and undergraduate
My guy i dey oo and tank God for everything, studies are going on fine thanks man.Of course there are a lot of Nigerians here on the street hustling, it all depends on what you want to hustle on grin grin......
gowaga68: Geoman, thanks for your input. You discarded me after getting there though you told me you will keep in touch (facebook).
I know you study at CULS but not in the same faculty but could you please help get a contact in that faculty to tell us what the entrance exams looks like?
Thanks.
Bro, i no discard you oo naw time no dey oo.standard of education here is very high, thereby making it time demanding especially for we Africans here.there are a lot of software programs here that i have never heard of when i was in Nigeria that we use here for studies.And you will have to do your practicals, presentations, seminars, written and oral exams before you can pass just a course.imagine that situation bro, no be my fault...
dcitizen1: Geoman, congratulation on ur acceptance into culs. I will like to have first hand information from. What is the tuition fee for a bachelor programme in informatics or economics and management for 2014/2015 academic session for international students? Need ur repsonse. Thanks man
Thanks bro, and as for tuition fees for bachelors i will find that out and respond to you as soon as i can ok.since i am doing my masters, i don't normally pay much attention to anything bachelors grin grin........
Soyedele1:
I was told MSc Environmental Engineering at CULS is 1000 euro per session.. How many months did it take for ur visa processing starting frm legalisation? And how abt accommodation. Pls, enlighten me
I don't know about masters tuition fees in environmental engineering.the only one i can tell you for sure is that of environmental sciences which is where i am studying.it has been tuition free from the inception till late last year when they changed the school rector that later imposed a tuition few of 100 euros to all the four English masters programs in faculty of environmental sciences.....my visa took me two months on the dot, i had my written and oral interview in their embassy office in Abuja on the 20th of July last year and my visa came out on the 19th of September last year...there are a lot of accommodation here in the school if you decide to live inside the school else you can as well get accommodation outside school....the school accommodation fluctuates between 3000 to 3500 Czech crown(CZK) every month which is about 28000 naira every month.and outside school hostel is about 5000 to 7000 Czech crown(CZK) which is about 56000 naira every month...Accommodation is very expensive here, and that's the only thing i know that's very expensive in Czech republic....
dcitizen1: Is it compulsory for your sponsor to live in nigeria. Is it possible to use the statement of account of my uncle in the usa or any other country?
well, i cant tell you if it is possible or not because i don't know anything about that.but i personally used a sponsors account from Nigeria and i will advice you to use a sponsors account from Nigeria to avoid any complication in your visa processing.they are very skeptical about Nigerians both here and in their embassy in Abuja.i was the only one they gave visa to study in CULS last year out of twenty something applicants, so please be careful with your documents....I hope i have been able to answer everyone's questions?good luck guys and see you all here soon.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 07, 2014
Geoman1: Sorry guys, i have been very busy with work and my masters thesis.beside my nairaland account was affected by the recent hacking of nairaland so i had to change my password and a new name was given to me grin grin.... Of course there are a lot of Nigerians here on the street hustling, it all depends on what you want to hustle on grin grin......

Eyyah, sorry Geoman, your username now have 1...
Please kindly check my questions on your own created thread " Help me make a decision "

thanks boss .
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 07, 2014
Demaejy:
Eyyah, sorry Geoman, your username now have 1...
Please kindly check my questions on your own created thread " Help me make a decision "

thanks boss .
Yeah, it has 1 now and no hyphen in-between Geo and man(Geo-man) anymore...it is so funny but it's all good sha...I will check that out and respond to you soon ok......cheers buddy grin grin
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 07, 2014
Geoman1: Yeah, it has 1 now and no hyphen in-between Geo and man(Geo-man) anymore...it is so funny but it's all good sha...I will check that out and respond to you soon ok......cheers buddy grin grin
Alright... thanks, expecting ur response.
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by dcitizen1: 11:51am On Jul 07, 2014
@geoman, i will like you to give me detail of your oral and written interviews. Thanks
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Chidonsky: 12:41am On Jul 13, 2014
Geoman1: Sorry guys, i have been very busy with work and my masters thesis.beside my nairaland account was affected by the recent hacking of nairaland so i had to change my password and a new name was given to me grin grin.... My guy i dey oo and tank God for everything, studies are going on fine thanks man.Of course there are a lot of Nigerians here on the street hustling, it all depends on what you want to hustle on grin grin...... Bro, i no discard you oo naw time no dey oo.standard of education here is very high, thereby making it time demanding especially for we Africans here.there are a lot of software programs here that i have never heard of when i was in Nigeria that we use here for studies.And you will have to do your practicals, presentations, seminars, written and oral exams before you can pass just a course.imagine that situation bro, no be my fault...Thanks bro, and as for tuition fees for bachelors i will find that out and respond to you as soon as i can ok.since i am doing my masters, i don't normally pay much attention to anything bachelors grin grin........ I don't know about masters tuition fees in environmental engineering.the only one i can tell you for sure is that of environmental sciences which is where i am studying.it has been tuition free from the inception till late last year when they changed the school rector that later imposed a tuition few of 100 euros to all the four English masters programs in faculty of environmental sciences.....my visa took me two months on the dot, i had my written and oral interview in their embassy office in Abuja on the 20th of July last year and my visa came out on the 19th of September last year...there are a lot of accommodation here in the school if you decide to live inside the school else you can as well get accommodation outside school....the school accommodation fluctuates between 3000 to 3500 Czech crown(CZK) every month which is about 28000 naira every month.and outside school hostel is about 5000 to 7000 Czech crown(CZK) which is about 56000 naira every month...Accommodation is very expensive here, and that's the only thing i know that's very expensive in Czech republic.... well, i cant tell you if it is possible or not because i don't know anything about that.but i personally used a sponsors account from Nigeria and i will advice you to use a sponsors account from Nigeria to avoid any complication in your visa processing.they are very skeptical about Nigerians both here and in their embassy in Abuja.i was the only one they gave visa to study in CULS last year out of twenty something applicants, so please be careful with your documents....I hope i have been able to answer everyone's questions?good luck guys and see you all here soon.

tank God u back,nice to have u back here again atleast i guess u back and better now.
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by Etyguy(m): 7:15pm On Jul 16, 2014
Please everyone, i will appreciate it if someone can tell me which hospital to get Medical certificate/Report for Czech Embassy in Lagos. as no hospital is mentioned in thier site. please this is very urgent and i will really appreciate. ASAP
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by gowaga68: 12:34am On Jul 17, 2014
Etyguy: Please everyone, i will appreciate it if someone can tell me which hospital to get Medical certificate/Report for Czech Embassy in Lagos. as no hospital is mentioned in thier site. please this is very urgent and i will really appreciate. ASAP
go to any general hospital near you,or simply ask the embassy if the have a specified one.
Re: Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? by gowaga68: 10:26am On Jul 21, 2014
Got such message too,thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

14 Funny Lagos Traffic And Auto Slangs With Their Meanings / I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria / Nigerians In Cambodia Spraying Wads Of Cash On Their Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.