Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them (18712 Views)

"Why Masturbation Was The Biggest Sin For Me To Overcome" / Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! / 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Highcuerayte: 8:12am On Nov 22, 2015
And so I came online yesterday on my long abandoned 2go messenger where I had a discussion with one of my sons in the Lord. He was battling with a weakness that propelled me to create this thread to render help to youths who here, are struggling to overcome these weaknesses due to their retar'ded growth in the Spiritual realm into maturity. If this my son in the Lord at his age can be struggling with such thing I fear for the youths in the Churches and wonder if the shepherds are really shepherding.

As a youth filled with invigorating energy I have managed to list major weaknesses perhaps besetting sins which I myself have overcome in my early years in Faith and which as observed many sheep in the fold,mainly youths, are struggling with.

NOTE: If you are struggling with a weakness not listed, all you have to do is make it known. Spiritual people here will help you with it.

1. Mendacity: Mendacity means telling lies. Taking myself as an example then, I do lie. I lie with such intensity that can raised the dead if such lies are told against them,the dead I assume cannot keep quiet to such lies. But then somehow i understand mendacity is a bad trait, a trait not found in Christ. And since it's not found in Christ, it can't be in the Father and the command is "Be yee perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect" and I want to be perfect. But how did I stop telling lies?

Each weakness have other weakness(es) they feed on and the lieing spirit have a weakness he feeds on. Generalization of weaknesses as default of the flesh is dangerous and destructive to sons of God as they are not, example is fear which is the weakness that makes one lie. Fear is attributed to the spirit not the flesh. To overcome the temptation to lie you must first overcome the spirit of fear, the only way to save someone under electric shock is switching off the light not touching the person. Your problem is not lieing, fear is. You lie only when you are afraid of the revelation of Truth. You tell a lie when you are afraid of mortal men. Stop being afraid of men and you won't be telling lies again.

2. Sexual Urge: It takes me with much surprise when I see Youths complain about their Sexual urge. I wonder if I am not human since I don't feel these urges but then I see am not the only one like this, there are thousands of us like that in the Church. Excuse are it's natural, assume it is, but If not controlled you end up fornicating and masturbating,sisters in the fellowship take turns every night and before you know it you have become father Abraham with many sons. And these things above are works of the flesh which makes them sins when left unchecked gradually replaces the light in you with darkness till you see nothing wrong with what you are doing.

Sexual urges can be controlled, not only controlled but stopped at the same time. Yes, you read me well, it can be stopped. Now many shepherds understand self control is the key, what is needed to control it. But ask them how do you exercise this self control they had no knowledge of how.So how do you apply self control?

Sexual urges agreed has it's source rooted deep in the flesh.Meaning, it is dead without the flesh . So if you live every hour in the spiritual realm instead of the physical Sexual urges will cease to exist. Living in the spirit is not a difficult thing to do.Now am aware living in spirit to some means speaking in tongues. Well, that is not true, living in the spirit is having your mind more on spiritual things instead of things on earth. Above instead of below. As you set your mind on spiritual things you become spiritually alive oblivious of things around,even your body becomes dead. With the death of the body comes the end of the Sexual urges. Understand this process is painful if you have gone through it as a son of God but the fruit of it is worth the pains.

3. Anger: If asked the probabilty of not getting angry in a day you had probably said 0%. Anger in youths you will agree with me are destructive. And sometimes after the action you ask yourself why on earth did you get angry but at such time it has always been as of other times, late. From what I see you can live without getting angry.Sounds impossible but it's possible. That is if you are ready to lead a gentle and meek life.

Anger unlike Sexual urge is a thing of the mind. You overcome the mind you get rid of anger. During those days when I began the quest of conquering anger I learned from the Bible before anger there must be an offence.You must feel offended,cheated and jilted. So the problem is not anger, it's about the negative feeling,emotional feelings. So why not get rid if this negative feelings?

Getting rid of negative feelings is not a hard or impossible thing to do. It only involve adjusting your mind to insults and taking life with levity,all things as vanity.

God's plan for you as a youth is great. As great as those plans are so also are great the challenges. As great as these challenges are, greater still is Christ that lives in you.It might takes days, it might takes weeks, months, even years. No matter how long, just keep trying till you attain the stature of the Son Of God.

God bless us all.

Cc: Lalasticlala, OAM4J

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 22, 2015
grin

MAN IS THE MEASURE OF ALL THINGS

1 Like

Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Highcuerayte: 8:25am On Nov 22, 2015
Freemanan:
grin
Booking space ......kwantnui
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by bmxshop: 8:27am On Nov 22, 2015
Nice.
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Highcuerayte: 8:28am On Nov 22, 2015
livose:
bmxshop:
hi
Kwantinui

1 Like

Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by sample042(m): 8:28am On Nov 22, 2015
Gracios amigo...

2 Likes

Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by MrSmith007: 8:28am On Nov 22, 2015
Anger is destructive.. you really say hurtful things when angry.. words can't be taken back..

Let's keep our temperament in check

3 Likes

Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by tempest69: 8:29am On Nov 22, 2015
Am a believer not a Religious Christians.
The reason we struggle today as believers is nothing but an adulterated sermon by various churches characterised by doctrines of men i.e the combination of the new Testament and the Old.

Galatians 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

From the above passage you could see alot of people still try to keep the TEN commandments which is a summary of 613 laws. Paul said if you are such person, then keep the whole law without forfeiting one. Who can? And if you can then Christ is of no importance to you and as such you are fallen from grace. The hope of righteousness is not by works but by faith I.e Believing in the Finished work of Christ JESUS at the Cross.

Alot of people tend to struggle to live a righteous life which is not but a filty rag before God. But righteousness of God is a gift through faith.

Romans 4:1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham BELIEVED God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

The key word is BELIEVE. Not works as our today preachers decieved us. This is the GOSPEL OF CHRIST and it means THE GOOD NEWS!!!

BROTHERS AND SISTERS SHINE YOUR EYES

7 Likes

Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by femmykenny: 8:29am On Nov 22, 2015
4 valid point....... Youth should learn
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by cold(m): 8:30am On Nov 22, 2015
In the other news,the sky is blue

1 Like

Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Generalkorex(m): 8:30am On Nov 22, 2015
Thanks op.
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Kalvan: 8:31am On Nov 22, 2015

Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by nnanyereugo(m): 8:32am On Nov 22, 2015
Jst didn't evn read it

1 Like

Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:34am On Nov 22, 2015
Too lenghty
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by MrSmith007: 8:36am On Nov 22, 2015
Emeskhalifa:
Too lenghty
shocked
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by gungab(m): 8:37am On Nov 22, 2015
great piece.
may God continue to empower you more sir, overcoming this is not a simple thing tho, but faith in God can move mountain
happy Sunday Nlanders
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Dopeyomi(m): 8:38am On Nov 22, 2015
And u want us to read this long epistle

A part got my attention tHo..

i Speak in tongues tHo.. yet i still find myself Masturbating! and some other sots of sin..

1 Like

Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by jaid23: 8:38am On Nov 22, 2015
Nice thread, following.,
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by agrovick(m): 8:38am On Nov 22, 2015
Church calls, will be back to edit this post
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Osirimononaye(m): 8:39am On Nov 22, 2015
Educative---No End Time. Thanks For Sharing...Pray To Overcome My Sexual Urges..
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Highcuerayte: 8:41am On Nov 22, 2015
Dopeyomi:
And u want us to read this long epistle
Yea, if you have the time

1 Like

Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Dopeyomi(m): 8:50am On Nov 22, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Yea, if you have the time

yea I've done that check my initial post I've modified it.. what's ur take on it?
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by ojkalito(m): 8:51am On Nov 22, 2015
and why should sexual urge be stopped?
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by missKiffy(f): 8:52am On Nov 22, 2015
A lot of people need self control for their so called "sexual urge" "high sex drive" but they always try to justify it and give excuses which to them are reasons why they have such.
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by ogaofficer(m): 8:54am On Nov 22, 2015
Wonderful Piece. But Op how about all those negative words we use everyday and we seems to take them as joke. Very common among we yorubas. At least ephesians 4: 28-29 said something about corrupt communication. I find it hard to stop that nonsense.
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by banjeezay(m): 8:54am On Nov 22, 2015
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Deejay1000(m): 8:54am On Nov 22, 2015
Quite educative no end time ish .

My main problem is anger am vry quick tempered nd i have bn tryn hard to cöntrol it. . . Anybdy wit a +tive solution shld share sad
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by femimike1(m): 8:54am On Nov 22, 2015
So true
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by joseph1832(m): 8:55am On Nov 22, 2015
LMFAO!. This OP just cracked me up. Like almost of christian saying, its laughable. The part of the sexual urges and living in the spirit realm made me LOL.

Gosh! You guys are so full it!. So OP, I guess if you leave in the spirit realm and a girl touches you in a sensitive way, or even handles your pudenda you won't get aroused? This is hilarious.

You lot will do well to know that not everyone is gullible and not everyone subscribe to your beliefs and doctrines.
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Meritbaba(m): 8:55am On Nov 22, 2015
How do you escape sexual urges with the way our ladies dress this days, and when u see muslim lady that covered up all her body, you call her all sort of names

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? / Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? / Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.