Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,791 members, 7,802,505 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies (2695 Views)

Nigerian Ladies Married To Italian Men & They Are Happy (Photos) / Gentleman Grabs Fiancee's Backside In Pre-wedding Photos / Qualities Of A Gentleman (Most Ladies View) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by Rapmoney(m): 3:11pm On Nov 22, 2015
Please, before you read this, have it in mind that I am not a relationship expert but just a simple Social Scientist who writes for you to understand some social issues in human relationships but only if you can digest the content of the post.

The word, 'Gentleman' has so much been abused and bastardized by many Nigerian ladies to the extent that it has basically lost its value and true meaning! This has made so many young guys to strive so hard to meet up with the ridiculous criteria of being a 'gentleman'; carrying the huge sack of 'gentleman' on their heads (even more than the proverbial Igbo ant, 'Daanda', who has vowed to carry the heavy load on its back until it gets to its destination!!!grin)

In Nigeria and in the eyes of most Nigerian ladies, being a 'gentleman' comprises of so many things, including acting and being a compound fool sometimes!!! cool. This same fact has created the notion that every Nigerian girl, no matter her personality and attitude, whether bad or worse, deserves a 'gentleman' and the recently coined 'God-fearing man' wink

As a guy, you subscribing to this type of 'gentleman' does not stop you from being easily used. Instead, it increases the chances of you being easily used and dumped in the long run!

Below are some of the ways to become a 'Gentleman' in the eyes of so many Nigerian young ladies cool:

1) When you walk with her on the road, you must walk on the side of the road that is closer to moving vehicles. If an accident happens, they guy deserves to die. This means that if one of the moving vehicles is going to hit anyone, it must be the guy because he is the 'gentleman' wink Na guys motor need to jam!!!

2) If she is saying trash or trivial issues about how a pregnant woman bought two goats in the market that day and you just came back from hustle, feeling tired, you must act as a 'gentleman' and listen to her! I mean every bit of the story and it doesn't end there; you must also show keen interest because as a 'gentleman', trivial and boring issues make you relax better after the day's job!!! cheesy

3) If she asks you for money, never you tell her that you don't have even if truly, you don't have it. If you do, it makes you look like a wicked fellow which is not among the qualities of a 'gentleman'.

4) When both of you sit to watch Tv, her favourite channels should be what both of you must watch! Never you make the silly mistake of tuning to Super Sports or ESPN to see what is going on in English Premiership or what's up with the Chicago Bulls! If you try it, you have lost your 'gentleman' status!!! cool

5) When both of you go out on an outing, you must pay for whatever she takes, no matter how expensive they are! Even if you are on low funds, you must still pay! Failure to pay will definitely and automatically turn you to a devil...and you know 'gentlemen' and devil cannot share qualities!!! wink

6) Even she doesn't call you, you must continue to call and text her! If you don't do that, you might be accused of not being a 'gentleman' because guys as 'gentlemen' should always call and show to ladies that they are loved whether it is reciprocal or not! Afterall, don't you know she is a lady?

7) You must not say a single word if she talks to you rudely or embarrasingly or insults you unnecessarily!!! You must swallow everything; you must not reply her because if you do, you are nagging!!! And you know what they say? 'Gentlemen' are not suppose to 'nag' (whatever that means)

Giving consent to everything a woman wants is very detrimental; it dangerous; in fact, it is too perilous to leave unchecked!!!

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by INTROVERT(f): 3:12pm On Nov 22, 2015

what did I just read...

I don't think 3, 5, 6, 7 make be cut but then again the OP might just be trying to be sarcastic.
Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by EverestdeBliu(m): 3:14pm On Nov 22, 2015
You'd want to be cool,gentle and caring to a typical naija girl,but to her,you're just another mugu who's doing all those because its your duty...madam warisit?
Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2015
I usually have a solution for no. 2. I just pretend to listen then let my mind drift and hope that she doesnt ask me anything.

for the ESPN bit I would advice you get your own decoder...., even then she will say it isnt romantic watching alone
and you have to sit after her show to discuss what U watched. If you dont she'll be like

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 22, 2015
Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by IamLEGEND1: 3:19pm On Nov 22, 2015
don't ask about her real age,just take the football age she gives you and work with it like that.
Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by fajani(m): 3:20pm On Nov 22, 2015
They can't see all of that
Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by Rapmoney(m): 3:20pm On Nov 22, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:
I usually have a solution for no. 2. I just pretend to listen then let my mind drift and hope that she doesnt ask me anything.

for the ESPN bit I would advice you get your own decoder...., even then she will say it isnt romantic watching alone
and you have to sit after her show to discuss what U watched. If you dont she'll be like
Am glad you know that (ur second paragraph) grin
Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by obiorathesubtle: 3:21pm On Nov 22, 2015
undecided have you been drugged bro?

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by Rapmoney(m): 3:22pm On Nov 22, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
don't ask about her real age,just take the football age she gives you and work with it like that.
Yes, Gentlemen don't inquire about a lady's real age! grin
Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by Rapmoney(m): 3:23pm On Nov 22, 2015
obiorathesubtle:
undecided have you been drugged bro?
Type in English! cool
Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by Rapmoney(m): 3:24pm On Nov 22, 2015
fajani:
They can't see all of that
How, lad?
Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by donholy28(m): 3:26pm On Nov 22, 2015
So u mean that a gentleman is a foolish man
Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 22, 2015
Numba one tho'

Dem neva born the persin wey i go do dah one for. Make i cun die for u undecidedYour papa yansh, na only me dey chop ur t0to?? angry
Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by Young03(m): 3:36pm On Nov 22, 2015
Readers...if u want to die young, do all ds

bt if u won live long...ignore it

my signature z d truth
Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by Maxi112: 3:39pm On Nov 22, 2015
I gave up been a gentleman since 1970
Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by fajani(m): 3:47pm On Nov 22, 2015
Rapmoney:
How, lad?
being a complete gentleman is being taking for granted
Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by Cutehector(m): 3:50pm On Nov 22, 2015
What sort of crap is this?
Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 22, 2015
@Rapmoney, all you wrote is actually true. Ladies expect a bit too much from guys these days, and they make us go through much stress just to please them.

But as for me, I can't do too much for a woman. In fact in being too good and trying to be "mr gentleman," you slowly begin to lose value and gradually, you become a pushover. It's not wise to always succumb to their wishes. Try to be hard at them once in a while. It brings out that manliness in you and girls are attracted to it.

Ladies don't want people who they can push around and who will be acting like a servants to them all the time. They want someone who will be able to take charge in the relationship, speak for himself and be vocal about how he feels, not minding whether it displeases the them or not.

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2015
gringrinLemme help complete the list...

coolWhen She Slaps You..Turn the other cheek..undecided
9)If she's having PMS(Pre-Menstrual Syndrome)..Propose to her with A Diamond Ring She'll Be okay..undecided
10)Don't ever talk to Another girl(Except your mom or some Old female family members)

If Guys were Like this....life would be Way better for US cool...undecided
Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by delectablegyal(f): 3:59pm On Nov 22, 2015
Change ur topic to "the kind of guys nigerian ladies like"

the truth is if u dn't do these things, there will be trouble in dat relationship. Na when u dey try to win election, na that time u go dey campaign. What am i trying to imply? I mean u cn only allow the afore listed if it's a courtship, bt as soon as it progresses into marriage, there will be need for modification. Both party will need to come to a consensus. So it won't be as if one party is a parasite.

Marriage requires a lot, dats why u must adequately prepare before u go into marriage.
Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 22, 2015
Cutehector:

Are you honestly calling this crap? Did you read what he wrote at all? Have you ever written something half as intelligent as this in your entire life?

You guys just feel because you have the freedom you can just type whatever rubbish that pops into your heads.
Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by obiorathesubtle: 4:01pm On Nov 22, 2015
Rapmoney:
Type in English! cool
being a gentleman to a Nigerian lady sucks ass!
Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by Cutehector(m): 4:05pm On Nov 22, 2015
Decker:

Are you honestly calling this crap? Did you read what he wrote at all? Have you ever written something half as intelligent as this in your entire life?

You guys just feel because you have the freedom you can just type whatever rubbish that pops into your heads.
and d same freedom u have, u chose to use itt o still write d same crap to me. U must be very crazy.

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by ronaldbecky(m): 4:06pm On Nov 22, 2015
Decker:

shup up my friend. dis a crap. rubish.
Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 22, 2015
Cutehector:
crap? U smoke?
Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2015
Cutehector:
and d same freedom u have, u chose to use itt o still write d same crap to me. U must be very crazy.

Cool down bro, I ain't fighting with you. I just called out your stupidity. Someone with at least an atom of common sense would meditate on what I typed, try to understand why I did it, note his wrong and make corrections.

But sadly, from your reply, you obviously don't even have a single atom of common sense.
Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by nevi12(f): 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2015
Hehe who still wants to be a gentleman grin
Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 22, 2015
Decker:

Actually you just defiled your own values... You criticized him for criticizing something. ... Hmmm..

Fire Dont put out fire...
Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 22, 2015
nevi12:
Hehe who still wants to be a gentleman grin

Me Love..
Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 22, 2015
ronaldbecky:
shup up my friend. dis a crap. rubish.

Please even if you want to quote me to showcase how silly you are, at least type in correct English.
Re: 7 Ways To Be A 'Gentleman' With Nigerian Ladies by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 22, 2015
Rapmoney:
1) When you walk with her on the road, you must walk on the side of the road that is closer to moving vehicles. If an accident happens, they guy deserves to die. This means that if one of the moving vehicles is going to hit anyone, it must be the guy because he is the 'gentleman' wink Na guys motor need to jam!!!
I can do this... In fact, I do it. But when an accident will happen, I save my head first, its natural... Sorry Love.

2) If she is saying trash or trivial issues about how a pregnant woman bought two goats in the market that day and you just came back from hustle, feeling tired, you must act as a 'gentleman' and listen to her! I mean every bit of the story and it doesn't end there; you must also show keen interest because as a 'gentleman', trivial and boring issues make you relax better after the day's job!!!
This is important... I must do this... I even do it for my sister... I will definitely do it for my boo... But where Ayilala will now kill her is when she starts talking about Kardasians.... undecided

3) If she asks you for money, never you tell her that you don't have even if truly, you don't have it. If you do, it makes you look like a wicked fellow which is not among the qualities of a 'gentleman'.
Every guy should know this...

4) When both of you sit to watch Tv, her favourite channels should be what both of you must watch! Never you make the silly mistake of tuning to Super Sports or ESPN to see what is going on in English Premiership or what's up with the Chicago Bulls! If you try it, you have lost your 'gentleman' status!!! cool
Op nor vex, when I am watching History and NatGeo, she dare not raise the issue of Fashion police or Spongebob... Best is I get my personal TV and decoder for it... And she doesn't trespass... Call me uncaring... Who cares? Knowledge is power...

5) When both of you go out on an outing, you must pay for whatever she takes, no matter how expensive they are! Even if you are on low funds, you must still pay! Failure to pay will definitely and automatically turn you to a devil...and you know 'gentlemen' and devil cannot share qualities!!! wink
We will have an understanding on this... There is no law or formula for it.... So let it flow... grin

6) Even she doesn't call you, you must continue to call and text her! If you don't do that, you might be accused of not being a 'gentleman' because guys as 'gentlemen' should always call and show to ladies that they are loved whether it is reciprocal or not! Afterall, don't you know she is a lady?
Op your cigar don too much... Da fuqq.... I don dey vex small small...

7) You must not say a single word if she talks to you rudely or embarrasingly or insults you unnecessarily!!! You must swallow everything; you must not reply her because if you do, you are nagging!!! And you know what they say? 'Gentlemen' are not suppose to 'nag' (whatever that means)
Yeah... 100% me... I agree and I second...

Can't wait to read Goodboiyy opinion angry

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

LESBIAN Women Approaching Me Lately!? / poems / Woman Gives Birth To Her 14th Child From 14 Different Fathers (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.