Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Home On The Rock. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Home On The Rock. (12294 Views)

How To Beautify Your Home On A Low Budget / The Effects Of A Broken Home On A Child / The Impact Of A Broken Home On A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 4:37pm On Nov 22, 2015
Despite the fact that the world around us is full of ungodliness & sin multiplying, you can still have a godly home built on the Rock.
It all begins with you as a person knowing the Lord through genuine repentance & faith in Christ's sacrifice at Calvary. That means you must be born anew to have Christ reign in your home. This should be followed by the evidence of the new life which is freedom from sin, presence of God in your life, love for God & man, obedience to God's word, love for spiritual things, & departure from anything that God does not approve of.
Your friends, neighbours & all those who knew you before will notice the difference that Christ makes in your life.

Having encountered Christ this way, you need to grow up in the faith by continually abiding in Christ, studying the bible, regular prayer life, fellowshipping with God's children always & sharing your faith with others.

If you've not been married before, you'll have to pray to God to lead you to the person He has chosen for you. If you're married, you will have to live the christian life to draw your spouse too to the Lord if he/she has not been saved yet.

The christian home is a place of love, peace, godliness, dependence on God & selflessness.
No nagging, no cheating on one another, no strife or disagreement because Jesus rules in every heart. Children are taught in the way of the Lord & they don't follow the path of waywardness.

Is your home a christian home? If yes, thank God for you. If not, you can invite Jesus into your heart & home today!

Satan is busy fighting the home front of many today. You can always have the victory if we allow Jesus the full control of our hearts & lives.
Why not invite Him into our heart & home now? He will come in & put out the fire of the devil from your home.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 10:46pm On Nov 24, 2015
THE SCHOOL CALLED MARRIAGE
Marriage is the only school where you get the Certificate before you start. It's also a school where
you will never graduate.
It's a school without a break or a free period.
It's a school where no one is allowed to drop out.
It's a school you will have to attend every day of your life.
It's a school where there is no sick leave or holidays.
It's a school founded by God:
1.On the foundation of love.
2.The walls are made out of trust.
3.The door made out of acceptance.
4.The windows made out of understanding
5.The furniture made out of blessings
6.The roof made out of faith.
Be reminded that you are just a student not the principal.
God is the only Principal.
Even in times of storms, don't be unwise and run outside.
Keep in mind that, this school is the safest place to be.
Never go to sleep before completing your assignments for the day.
Never forget the C-word...Communicate.
Communicate to your classmate and to the Principal
If you find out something in your classmate (spouse) that you do not appreciate.
Remember your classmate is also just a student not a graduate, God is not finished with him/her yet. So take it as a challenge and work on it together.
Do not forget to study the Holy Book (the main textbook of this school).
Start each day with a sacred assembly and end it the same way. Sometimes you will feel like not attending classes, yet you have to.
When tempted to quit find courage and continue.
Some tests and exams may be tough but remember the Principal knows how much you can bear and yet it's a school better than any other.
It's one of the best schools on earth; joy, peace and happiness accompany each lesson of the day.
Different subjects are offered in this school, yet love is the major subject.
After all the years of theorizing about it, now you have a chance to practice it.
To be loved is a good thing, but to love is the greatest privilege of them all.
Marriage is a place of love, so love your spouse. More grace from God.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 3:24pm On Jan 11, 2016
FirstS2B:
THE SCHOOL CALLED MARRIAGE
Marriage is the only school where you get the Certificate before you start. It's also a school where
you will never graduate.
It's a school without a break or a free period.
It's a school where no one is allowed to drop out.
It's a school you will have to attend every day of your life.
It's a school where there is no sick leave or holidays.
It's a school founded by God:
1.On the foundation of love.
2.The walls are made out of trust.
3.The door made out of acceptance.
4.The windows made out of understanding
5.The furniture made out of blessings
6.The roof made out of faith.
Be reminded that you are just a student not the principal.
God is the only Principal.
Even in times of storms, don't be unwise and run outside.
Keep in mind that, this school is the safest place to be.
Never go to sleep before completing your assignments for the day.
Never forget the C-word...Communicate.
Communicate to your classmate and to the Principal
If you find out something in your classmate (spouse) that you do not appreciate.
Remember your classmate is also just a student not a graduate, God is not finished with him/her yet. So take it as a challenge and work on it together.
Do not forget to study the Holy Book (the main textbook of this school).
Start each day with a sacred assembly and end it the same way. Sometimes you will feel like not attending classes, yet you have to.
When tempted to quit find courage and continue.
Some tests and exams may be tough but remember the Principal knows how much you can bear and yet it's a school better than any other.
It's one of the best schools on earth; joy, peace and happiness accompany each lesson of the day.
Different subjects are offered in this school, yet love is the major subject.
After all the years of theorizing about it, now you have a chance to practice it.
To be loved is a good thing, but to love is the greatest privilege of them all.
Marriage is a place of love, so love your spouse. More grace from God. 

Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 6:28pm On Feb 05, 2016
I'm standing on the Rock(3ce) Jesus is the Rock.
Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 8:59am On Feb 08, 2016
A CHRISTIAN HOME
O give us homes built firm upon the Saviour, Where Christ is Head and Counsellor and Guide; Where every child is taught His love and favour, And gives his heart to Christ, the Crucified: How sweet to know that though his footsteps waver, His faithful Lord is walking by his side.
O give us homes with godly fathers, mothers, Who always place their hope and trust in Him; Whose tender patience turmoil never bothers, Whose calm and courage trouble cannot dim; A home where each finds joy in serving others, And love still shines, though days be dark and grim.
O give us homes where Christ is Lord and Master, The Bible read, the precious hymns still sung; Where prayer comes first in peace or disaster, And praise is natural speech to every tongue; Where mountains move before a faith that's vaster, And Christ sufficient is for old and young.
O Lord our God, our homes are Thine forever! We trust to Thee their problems, toil, and care; Their bonds of love no enemy can sever If Thou art always Lord and Master there: Be Thou the center of our least endeavour Be Thou our Guest, our hearts and homes to share.

1 Like

Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 3:20pm On Feb 23, 2016
FirstS2B:
Re: Home On The Rock. by nnamdiosu(m): 6:31pm On Feb 23, 2016
FirstS2B:
A CHRISTIAN HOME

O give us homes built firm upon the Saviour,
Where Christ is Head and Counsellor and Guide;
Where every child is taught His love and favour,
And gives his heart to Christ, the Crucified:
How sweet to know that though his footsteps waver,
His faithful Lord is walking by his side.

O give us homes with godly fathers, mothers,
Who always place their hope and trust in Him;
Whose tender patience turmoil never bothers,
Whose calm and courage trouble cannot dim;
A home where each finds joy in serving others,
And love still shines, though days be dark and grim.

O give us homes where Christ is Lord and Master,
The Bible read, the precious hymns still sung;
Where prayer comes first in peace or disaster,
And praise is natural speech to every tongue;
Where mountains move before a faith that's vaster,
And Christ sufficient is for old and young.

O Lord our God, our homes are Thine forever!
We trust to Thee their problems, toil, and care;
Their bonds of love no enemy can sever
If Thou art always Lord and Master there:
Be Thou the center of our least endeavour
Be Thou our Guest, our hearts and homes to share.

amen. it feels so good to know that there are some who believe in marriage and its success. God bless you a lot. pls dont stoo

2 Likes

Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 8:34am On Mar 02, 2016
nnamdiosu:

amen. it feels so good to know that there are some who believe in marriage and its success. God bless you a lot. pls dont stoo
Thank you sir. God bless you and your home.
Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 12:43pm On Mar 03, 2016
With Jesus in my family Happy, happy home(3ce) With Jesus in my family Happy, happy home(2x)

2 Likes

Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 8:34am On Mar 04, 2016
FirstS2B:
Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 1:58pm On Mar 06, 2016

Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 9:50am On Mar 07, 2016
ALL YOUR ANXIETY
Is there a heart o'er-bound by sorrow? Is there a life weighed down by care? Come to the cross, each burden bearing, All your anxiety - leave it there.
All your anxiety, all your care, Bring to the Mercy seat, leave it there; Never a burden He cannot bear, Never a Friend like Jesus.
No other Friend so keen to help you; No other Friend so quick to hear; No other place to leave your burden; No other one to hear your prayer.
Come then, at once, delay no longer; Heed His entreaty, kind and sweet; You need not fear a disappointment; You shall find peace at the mercy seat.

1 Like

Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 10:56am On Mar 08, 2016
FirstS2B:
With Jesus in my family Happy, happy home(3ce) With Jesus in my family Happy, happy home(2x)
Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 8:21am On Mar 10, 2016
FirstS2B:
ALL YOUR ANXIETY
Is there a heart o'er-bound by sorrow? Is there a life weighed down by care? Come to the cross, each burden bearing, All your anxiety - leave it there.
All your anxiety, all your care, Bring to the Mercy seat, leave it there; Never a burden He cannot bear, Never a Friend like Jesus . No other Friend so keen to help you; No other Friend so quick to hear; No other place to leave your burden; No other one to hear your prayer.
Come then, at once, delay no longer; Heed His entreaty, kind and sweet; You need not fear a disappointment; You shall find peace at the mercy seat.
Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 8:21am On Mar 10, 2016
FirstS2B:
ALL YOUR ANXIETY
All your anxiety, all your care, Bring to the Mercy seat, leave it there; Never a burden He cannot bear, Never a Friend like Jesus . No other Friend so keen to help you; No other Friend so quick to hear; No other place to leave your burden; No other one to hear your prayer.
Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 3:14pm On Mar 13, 2016
Happy Sunday to everyone out there.
Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 11:15am On Mar 14, 2016
FOUR STEPS TO LIFE STEP 1 GOD’S LOVE There are many problems in the world today. Although peace, happiness and love are desired by many, only very few know what it means to have abundant life. God loves you and He wants you to have abundant life. God has a wonderful plan for your life. God loves you because it is his nature to love. Many today are not enjoying the love of God. Are you one of such people? You will discover the reason. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. STEP 2 MAN’S PROBLEM John 10:10 Although man was created in the image of God and was meant to live an abundant life, man got into problem because of sin. Sin separates from God. It also hinders us from enjoying the love of God. Over the centuries, man has made many efforts in order to be at peace with God. But all these efforts have not helped man. Sin can be likened to a great wall which separates from God. And with this wall, man’s problem will remain. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear; But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear. Isaiah 59:1,2 STEP 3 GOD’S SOLUTION What can we do to get man’s problem solved? Is there a way out? God knows that we would not be able to find a way out through our own efforts. He provided the solution. His love for fallen man made him to draw the plan of Salvation. He allowed His Son, Jesus Christ, to suffer for us; so that through the suffering and sacrifice of His Son we can pass from death to life. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us; even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved STEP 4 MAN’S RESPONSE Ephesians 2:4,5 You have a part to play in other to benefit from God’s love. You can not benefit unless you respond personally. Salvation is God’s free gift. But, you must receive this gift before you can enjoy it. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock; if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name. John 1:12 Are you ready to respond? Are you willing to receive God’s free gift right now? Will you decide to receive Christ now? WHAT YOU MUST DO: 1. Admit that you are a sinner now. 2. Be willing to repent now. 3. Believe that Jesus died for your sins. 4. Go to God in prayers, repent and invite Jesus into your life. A SUGGESTED PRAYER Almighty God, I thank you because you love me. When I was lost in sin, you sent your Son Jesus Christ to die for me. I believe that the blood He shed was for my pardon. Today I repent of all my sins and ask for forgiveness. Lord Jesus, come into my heart. Save me now. I invite you into my heart today. Be my Saviour and my Lord. Thank you for coming into my heart according to your promise. In Jesus Name I pray. (Amen). HAVE YOU TAKEN THESE 4 STEPS? Then you must: 1. Read the Word of God every day – Ps 119:9,11 2. Spend some time in prayer every day. – Phil 4:6 3. Fellowship with other believers in the Church so that you can be cared for and grow up spiritually. – Hebrews 10:25. 4. Yield your life to God, Witness for Christ and bring others to Him – Mark 1:17.

2 Likes

Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 9:48am On Mar 15, 2016
YOU AND YOUR ENVIRONMENT God's will is that a home should be a haven from a chaotic world. Part of the qualities of a good home is a clean and lovely environment. This is necessary for obvious reasons. A clean environment makes for good health. Besides, nerves cannot be soothed in a dirty and chaotic environment, neither can rest be had in such a place. That God has called the woman to be the overseer and keeper of the home is a great responsibility: “That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home . . .” (Titus 2: 4-5). Charles is lucky to have a wife who takes this God- given responsibility seriously. He had had a tiring day and was glad to be returning home. The anticipation of a warm welcome from his wife, Clara, and a relaxing evening in his lovely home, took the bite off the stress of being caught up in a traffic jam. Suddenly he noticed a man waving at him excitedly from the car next to his. He could not quite recognize the person but because the traffic was at a standstill the man came out of his car and dashed towards him, calling his name. It was a name that only one person called him - his best friend at the University. Instantly, he realized that he was indeed the one. He could hardly contain his excitement. He came out of his car and they shook hands and embraced. They had parted, after completing the compulsory National Youth Service. Dave had gone abroad for further studies and somehow they had lost touch with each other. They had so much to discuss and the traffic was hardly the place to do it, so Charles invited his friend home. They eventually drove through a gate into a fenced compound in which there was a small bungalow. As Dave stepped out of his car, he exclaimed: 'Charles, I didn't know you had green fingers'. The view before them was really beautiful. The front windows of the bungalow were framed by bougainvillea in full bloom. Ornamental plants and flowers created an impression of coolness, serenity and beauty. 'I don't have green fingers', Charles said, as they walked towards the door. ‘What you see is the handiwork of Clara, my wife.’ Clara welcomed the men at the door and after the introductions, ushered the visitor into a lovely and cosy sitting room. The room was not only gleaming, it was furnished in soothing colours and there was an inviting fragrance in the air. Soon, the men were quite relaxed and refreshed as they reminisced about the old days. When eventually Dave stood up to go, he turned to the hostess and said, 'thank you for letting me share your lovely home'. They saw him out and waved as he drove off. As the rear-light of his car disappeared into the night, Charles turned to his wife and said, 'thank you'. 'For what?', she asked, laughing. But she knew the reason and her heart bubbled with joy. She felt at that moment that all her effort at making her home a haven was not in vain. That her husband could bring an important visitor home without first warning her was a compliment indeed. He would not have done that a few years back. In fact, Charles hardly stayed at home. Her home then was disorganised and hardly ever clean. She just could not keep up with all that had to be done. She could remember the time she quickly pushed dirt and clutter under the cupboard at the sound of a knock at the door. Their bedroom was anything but inviting. The kitchen floor was unsightly and the shelves were full of junks. The kitchen sink usually held unwashed plates. The compound was full of litter. If there was any fragrance in the air then, it was more likely to be the odour of unwashed plates and clothes soaked in the bathroom for days. She felt that with her job and little children to care for, she could not do better and so accepted the situation as it was. That was before she read an article on home management that transformed her life and home. Four things made it possible for her to apply the tips she read in that article: (1) Desire The article that Clara read made her to see that part of a woman's role as a helpmeet is to create and maintain a comfortable home for her family. Right then, a desire was born in her heart to have the home of her dream. To have such a desire is to have taken the first step towards having the home as God intended it to be. Lack of desire hinders many women from making any attempt at improving the condition of their homes. They are quick to make flimsy excuses instead. (2) Decision Having a desire for a good home is not just enough. There must be a purposeful decision to have something done for the necessary change in the home and environment. Clara succeeded because she planned. Lack of planning is one reason why many women go to bed at night feeling tired and frustrated. First, she went from room to room and took note of what needed to be done. Taking her daily schedule into consideration she divided the jobs into those that should be done daily, every other day and weekly. (3) Determination It takes determination to keep taking the steps that will move you closer to achieving your goals. The first place Clara tackled was her kitchen. It was determination that kept her. She sorted, organised and cleaned until her kitchen sparkled. There were many reasons to give up, but she kept at it. The result encouraged her to move to other parts of the house. (4) Discipline Lack of discipline is one of the greatest obstacles to achieving our goals. There is no doubt that discipline is the difference between what we want to be and what we actually become. Discipline will make you tackle that project rather than put it off. You may have worked out a schedule for keeping the house in shape but without discipline your plan will remain just that - a plan. It will never come into reality. The excerpts below on the home and the environment that helped Clara change her home for the better may also be of help to you. 1. Open the doors and windows to allow free air flow in and out of the room. 2. Empty waste paper basket in or outside the rooms regularly. 3. Sweep the floor regularly, reaching under all pieces of furniture. 4. Dust all surfaces, doors, windows and furniture. 5. Tidy up the cushions and arrange arm and head rest in the chairs. 6. Arrange books, furniture, newspapers, magazines, and clothes properly. 7. Clear and clean the table after every meal, removing any pieces of food. 8. Clean the tablemat and put them away. 9. Sweep off all pieces of food on the floor and mop the floor. 10. Do not keep wet rags in the room. Always wash and dry them outside. 11. Wash up your cooking utensils and dishes after each meal preparation and service. Dirty plates will give bad smell and attract flies and other insects. 12. Put fresh flowers in the vase, if possible, in the living room. Care of toilets and bathrooms includes: 1. Sweep and clean the floor regularly, removing all debris including bits of sponge, broom or soap from the bathroom daily. 2. Wash the bathtub and wash hand basin daily after use. Use soft sponge/brush and mild abrasive e.g. Vim. 3. Take towels out in the sun after use. Do not keep wet towel on you or in your living room. It gives a bad smell to the room. 4. Open the windows to allow air in and out of the bathroom. Care of home surroundings includes: 1. Sweep the surrounding every day and keep all paths clean. 2. Empty all refuse from the house and its surroundings into the refuse bin kept outside the house. This should be done daily. 3. Keep the refuse bin area clean and ensure that refuse is dumped into the bin and covered properly. 4. Do not leave empty cans, broken plates, cups, bottles, waste and foodstuff lying about in the surroundings. 5. Clean the drainage properly and do not allow stagnant water in your home environment. It must be pointed out that since homes differ, your plan will depend on the kind of home you live in. There are however, general tips that should be of help to any woman whatever kind of home she lives in. They are: (1) Ability to Learn Make effort to acquire useful ideas on home making. Clara read books and magazines on homemaking. Her lovely garden and potted plants were the result of tips she picked up from books on gardening. She also got tips on cleaning and decor from women whose homes she admired. (2) Employ Help You can employ paid help where possible. Members of the family should also lend a helping hand. Where children are grown up they should be assigned specific duties in the home. (3) Choose your Tools To transform your home, you need some working materials. Your need will depend on the kind of home you live in. Some of these are: dust rags, mop, disinfectant, cleaning agents suitable for kitchen, bathroom/toilet etc, air freshener, toilet brush, furniture wax, gardening tools, long brooms etc. (4) Spot Clean Daily To spot clean is to take care of little messes anywhere in the house, instead of waiting until the day that part of the house is scheduled for cleaning. You can, for example, quickly tidy up the sitting room before going to bed at night. Put things in their proper places, arrange the throw cushions etc. As you adhere to the above guidelines, your home environment will become an inviting haven and a model for other women to emulate. However, as you strive to keep your external environment clean, bear in mind that your internal environment, comprising your heart and mind, needs to be kept tidy too. The bible says all the filth of sin emanates from the heart and defiles the man: “For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man” (Mark 7:21, 22). To have a clean internal environment devoid of all these filthy traits, you must surrender your heart and life to the Lord Jesus Christ for cleansing in His blood. Acknowledge your internal filth and ask the Lord Jesus to forgive and cleanse you. Thereafter, you must maintain a clean heart by constantly feeding on God's word, avoiding things that could pollute your mind and praying to God for grace to maintain a clean heart and mind always
Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 6:38pm On Mar 16, 2016
THE INFALLIBLE CHART

And these words, which I command thee this day,
shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them
diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them
when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou
walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and
when thou risest up”(Deutronomy 6: 6&7).

The Bible, the book of God is complete and sufficient for moulding and shaping the life of children. From Genesis to Revelation, we read instances on child training, for “Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word” (Psalm 119:9). Timothy’s life was shapened by the word of God. And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus”(2 Timothy; 3:15). David from childhood allowed the word to be a “. . . lamp unto (his) feet, and a light unto (his) path” (Psalm 119:105). The Bible gives instruction on the mind of God, and the way of salvation which is the escape route from sin. It also gives instructions and corrections in righteousness.

Other books and their principles in child training may fail but Bible principles will never fail. Parents should give their children an all-round balanced training – physically, socially, academically and spiritually, but the greatest and most rewarding is the spiritual upbringing. Academic excellence for instance is good but without Christ it amounts to vanity.

There is a sincere relationship between
children’s attitude to the Scriptures and their parents’ attitude to it. The parents need the Scripture as the authority and source book for the communication of their training. Their own life must be a living Bible showing forth the glory of God, so that the children in turn will imperceptibly imbibe Bible principles by simply watching their life-style and conduct.

Apart from this, she must, as a matter of
purpose, teach her children to cultivate the habit of
attentively listening to the word of God,
wholeheartedly believing it, totally receiving it and
obeying it fully. The child must be taught to
completely accept the word of God, even when it
appears to be contrary to reason. Once God has said it, he should honourably obey it. However, the
parents themselves should try to explain as much as they know and should not shy away from asking
people who have a deeper knowledge of the word
where they cannot answer their children’s questions.

Your child’s questions might put you off-guard if you are not expecting such surprises. The child should believe in God’s love, in the gift of His Son and in the life through Him. Teach children to accept these as unchanging realities which they would experience as their faith in the word grows stable. Teach them to look upon every promise, every truth in the word as personally addressed to them to be the foothold of their faith, meant to make their life stronger.

Faith depends upon knowledge. Teach your
children to know and follow the brief rules for
benefiting from Bible reading; to READ IT THROUGH; PRAY IT IN; WRITE IT DOWN; WORK IT OUT; PASS IT ON. He should memorize Bible verses and recite Bible promises for they must be fulfilled. Using the following four colours and the song to accompany it, he can be taught to recite the salvation truth thus:

Black – Romans 3:23
Red – John 3:16
White – Isaiah 1:18
Gold – John 14:2-3

Once my heart was black with sin
Until the Saviour came in
His precious blood, I know
Has washed me whiter than snow
And in His word I’m told
I’ll walk the streets of Gold
Wonderful, wonderful day!
He washed my sins away.

Timothy knew the sacred writings of holy
Scriptures which was able to make him wise unto
salvation. Parents must seek to give the child a clear
and intelligent explanation of the great truths of
salvation. The parent must not exclusively entrust
this great task to the school or church.

Expose them to Bible reading habit early in life
by keeping them in the children church, or Sunday
school. Let them have a notebook for jotting. Use
pictures to teach them to aid their understanding.
Tell them Bible stories to arouse their interests. Buy
Christian comics for them to read. Simplified
biographies of godly characters should also be made available.

Prayerfully and lovingly lead each child to
Christ, giving attention to one child at a time. The
child should know that Jesus was crucified for her
sins and that of all mankind. He should be told that
through confession and repentance, salvation is
obtained. He should also be made to know that all
these truth can only be obtained from the Bible. The
word of God is the infallible chart; tell the child if he
follows it, he will never miss the road to success.

The children should be active participants in
regular enriching family devotion and should observe their personal quiet time. This is how godly
characters are developed, godly instructions received and intimate fellowship with God is strengthened.

Parents should prepare very well, then nourish them with the word of God and ensure their active
participation. Teach the word simply for easy
understanding. Make interesting illustrations directly related to the passage read. Make not the family devotion a time of preaching at or lashing at the children for their wrong doings but to reveal the
mercies of God and encourage them to walk in His
love. If they misbehave, correct them immediately
and do not wait for the hour of devotion, when you
would try to apply every verse read to a child’s
misdeed. The Scriptural food should be eaten with a
free heart daily. The greatest knowledge is that of
understanding the word of God through which
eternal life is obtained in Christ. The Bible is a
flawless guide to living. The right knowledge of the
Scriptures combats wrong teachings, false doctrines and “oppositions of science”, falsely so-called. A good knowledge of the Scriptures empowers the child against occultism and cultists.

The Psalmist says “Thy word have I hid in mine
heart, that I might not sin against thee” (Psalm
119:11). Every parent is accountable to God, because “children are an heritage of the Lord, and the fruit of the womb is his reward” (Psalm 127:3). Any parent who fails in this God-given responsibility of raising godly children will not be guiltless before God.

Parents should see training in line with the Bible as a duty that they must not shirk. A parent’s love or lip
service to or outright hatred cannot be hid from the
children. If a mother’s obedience to the word of God goes directly proportional to her creed, her teachings and training in the word will be less stressful and more result-oriented.

Dear Parent, the word of God is your sure
guide to effective child training. It should be your
syllabus, your principles as well as your child’s most
prized heritage from the heavenly Father. It is the
infallible chart which is able to make them ride safely through the narrow right path and victoriously over the storms of life. You have been commissioned to lead your children into the knowledge of the Bible and to the love and possession of its treasures. Make it a matter of prayer, asking for wisdom to rightly divide the word of truth to them. Let the word of God dwell richly in you first. Then pass it on to your children and watch to see them richly blessed by God. “Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

For precept must be upon precept, precept upon
precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little,
and there a little” (Isaiah 28:9-10).
Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 8:51am On Mar 17, 2016
Good day everyone & here's wishing you & your family a splendid day.
Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 1:41pm On Mar 20, 2016
Happy Sunday to you all.
Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 10:53am On Mar 21, 2016
HOME SAFETY RULES & FIRST AID Presumably, when you had your quiet time/family devotion this morning, one of the requests you made to God was for your safety throughout the day. Of course, there is nothing wrong in praying and believing God for maximum protection over our lives and property. In fact, without relying on God for safety at all times, the unthinkable may happen when we least expect it (Psalm 127: 1). But most times, we fail to realize that even the scripture affirms that "faith without works is dead (meaningless and unprofitable)" (James 2:20). And this implies that faith alone can neither solve all of life's problems nor provide us with everything we need. There are some basic steps that we must take to fully enjoy all the blessings the Lord has promised us - and these include our protection and safety within the home environment. Many today feel so comfortable and secure in their homes that they ignore basic safety rules and precautions. Worse still, such inexcusable neglect often happens in homes that harbour not only strong and energetic adults, but also children and elderly people who are quite vulnerable. And the result? Avoidable domestic accidents, some of which could be life-threatening! Taking steps to learn and adhere to home safety precautions will prevent a lot of physical, psychological and financial damage. Helpful home safety tips from various experts in home management have been carefully compiled here to make our homes safer. Please, take time to go through them and make every necessary adjustment in your home.

1 Like

Re: Home On The Rock. by halfricanadian(f): 11:26am On Mar 21, 2016
Will come for dis age 24 till den

all da single ladies ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho
Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 12:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
Good day friends.
Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 11:29am On Mar 24, 2016
Happy Easter to you and your family. May the resurrection power bring God's goodness to your life and home this season and always.
Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 11:07am On Mar 27, 2016
Happy Easter Sunday, everyone.

1 Like

Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 10:30am On Mar 28, 2016
Come and take Your place, O Lord, In my home come and take Your place!

1 Like

Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 12:08pm On Mar 29, 2016
FirstS2B:
FirstS2B:
FirstS2B:
Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 11:26am On Mar 30, 2016
FirstS2B:
Good day friends.
Re: Home On The Rock. by FirstS2B(f): 11:03am On Mar 31, 2016
Reign, Master Jesus. Reign in my home!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? / My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? / Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.