Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,703 members, 7,802,095 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? (1107 Views)

"Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian / 6 Undisputed Facts That Prove "Homosexuality" Is Demonic Possession / How Come Obama Promotes Homosexuality But Doesn't Admit That He's A Homosexual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by jadeus: 6:01pm On Nov 22, 2015
Till today, I've not heard one valuable argument for why homosexuality is wrong. All the arguments that are listed below are the ones that I have heard before and I am going to try to refute them, but if you have additional arguments for why it is wrong please say something.

1) It is un-African
The fact that people say that homosexuality is un-African shows a huge ignorance about our culture. Before colonization, we were accepting of homosexuality and treated them with respect. We didn't pry into people's bedrooms to see whether they were having sex the right way or not and we lived according to the African principle of "live and let live". It was when the British colonized us, that they brought homophobia with them. They forced Christianity down the throats of our fore fathers and enforced the "Buggery Law" which criminalized homosexuality. It is our culture to be accepting of people's differences instead of killing them for it.

2) It is against my religion
When people say this, I shake my head. When we call upon our religion, we constantly forget that we are constantly doing the things that the said religion is against. You call upon Leviticus 20:13 to condemn homosexuality, yet you forget these verses:

Leviticus 20:9
Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Because they have cursed their father or mother, their blood will be on their own head

Leviticus 20:10
If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death

We don't put the verses into action. Why? Because we know we are guilty of some of them and instead of trying to better ourselves, we then turn around and scapegoat others. Remember, God didn't destroy Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexuality but because they didn't care for the poor and needy among them.

Ezekiel 16:49
Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had arrogance, abundant food and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy.

3) It is un-natural
Just do some research and you would find that homosexuality is found in nature.
[url][/url]http://www.livescience.com/44464-bonobo-homosexuality-natural.html
Before you say "Should we then follow the actions of animals?" I would say that the only reason people bring up this point is to say just that.

4) Homosexuals cannot reproduce
Just because they can't reproduce doesn't mean that what they are doing is wrong. Old people can't reproduce, does that mean that they shouldn't get married or have sex?
There are people who have diseases that make them infertile, does that mean that they shouldn't be allowed to have sex or get married.
There are people who chose not to have kids, does that mean that they shouldn't have sex or get married?
This is just a flimsy excuse. By the way, we are so concerned about bringing more children into the world while we have not taken care of the ones that are already here in this world. About half of Nigerians'population is under 18 and we should do something to take care of the existing children instead of worrying about bringing more children into this broken country.

5) People are not born gay
Actually people are born gay, but, let's assume that they are not, does that mean that we should kill them? People are not born Christians, they chose to be Christians, does that mean that we should all of a sudden send Christians to jail? That's stupid. Also, given the difficult lives of gays in Nigeria who would knowingly choose to be gay? Would you wake up one morning and be attracted to someone of the same sex?

6) It is a mental disease
If you truly believe that homosexuality is a disease, shouldn't you be asking for help for gay people instead of sending them to 14 years in prison where they wouldn't get any help? Shouldn't we be trying to do more research into homosexuality to find out the cause of it or the cure instead of just killing gay people or sending them to jail? Shouldn't you be asking for more hospitals and research on this topic like we did for HIV/AIDS? Yet, instead of doing all those, we kill the people that are suffering with this supposed mental illness. That's like saying that we can't sure HIV/AIDS, therefore instead of doing more research on it, we should just kill all infected people.

7) I don't like it
Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that it is wrong. I don't like eating meat does that mean that all meat eaters should be sentenced to 14 years in prison? No. That's the same for homosexuality. If you don't understand it, do some research instead of condemning people.

Homosexuality hurts no one and is practiced in privacy. It cannot be transferred from one person to another. Please let's have a rational conversation about homosexuality.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by jerryunit48: 6:06pm On Nov 22, 2015
Lev.20:13 If any man should lie with another mankind the way he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination , they shall surely be put to death " I did not say it the Bible says so
Re: Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by jadeus: 6:11pm On Nov 22, 2015
jerryunit48:
Lev.20:13 If any man should lie with another mankind the way he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination , they shall surely be put to death " I did not say it the Bible says so
Why is it that we strictly follow that passage, but forget to follow the other passages about a child insulting their parents. Why shouldn't we just kill all adulterers if we are to follow the bible so strictly?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by jadeus: 6:12pm On Nov 22, 2015
Cashquest:
they dont need to tell u its wrong .thats if u re not one
I am gay.
Re: Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by Mickop(m): 6:19pm On Nov 22, 2015
Cashquest:
just imagine. Isnt it very insane to develop an urge for sex toward ur fellow man?.
u need to be tied down in an altar for 5 years deliverance
Re: Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by jadeus: 6:19pm On Nov 22, 2015
Cashquest:
just imagine. Isnt it very insane to develop an urge for sex toward ur fellow man?.
u need to be tied down in an altar for 5 years deliverance
Tell me one place in the bible were a gay person became straight and then I would think of having the deliverance. Also, if it is insane, shouldn't you be doing research into my insanity instead of just tying me up for 5 years and wasting my time. Though I don't mind a spank or two.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by Aceed: 6:34pm On Nov 22, 2015
When the joystick is hard enough and it releases sp3rm, that sp3rm is to fertilize eggs; and eggs are only found in a woman and those eggs are accessible through the v@gina of a woman.

Now come to think of it, if the eggs are not accessible through the ars3 of a woman, what would a joystick be looking for in the ars3 of someone who also has a joystick?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by jadeus: 6:38pm On Nov 22, 2015
Aceed:
When the joystick is hard enough and it releases sp3rm, that sp3rm is to fertilize eggs; and eggs are only found in a woman and those eggs are accessible through the v@gina of a woman.

Now come to think of it, if the eggs are not accessible through the ars3 of a woman, what would a joystick be looking for in the ars3 of someone who also has a joystick?

Don't behave as if you don't masturbate. When you do, what do you do with the sperm you release? You clean it up. You don't carry it up and give it to a woman. When you have sex with women, do you have sex because you want to impregnate every one of them, no. You do it for pleasure. Having anal sex is not for procreation, it is for pleasure and bonding, just like majority of the sex you have is not for children but for pleasure and bonding.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by Aceed: 6:56pm On Nov 22, 2015
jadeus:

Don't behave as if you don't masturbate. When you do, what do you do with the sperm you release? You clean it up. You don't carry it up and give it to a woman. When you have sex with women, do you have sex because you want to impregnate every one of them, no. You do it for pleasure. Having anal sex is not for procreation, it is for pleasure and bonding, just like majority of the sex you have is not for children but for pleasure and bonding.

Even people that masturbate are placed higher on a preference scale than gays, at least maybe they can't walk up to a woman for sex or there is no ready female or can you masturbate with the image of your joystick being in your @ss?

A plug is meant for a socket, not a plug for a plug

1 Like

Re: Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by jadeus: 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2015
Aceed:

Even people that masturbate are placed higher on a preference scale than gays, at least maybe they can't walk up to a woman for sex or there is no ready female or can you masturbate with the image of your joystick being in your @ss?

A plug is meant for a socket, not a plug for a plug

Does that mean that putting a plug and a plug together is morally wrong and the people that do that should be killed?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by Aceed: 10:40pm On Nov 22, 2015
jadeus:

Does that mean that putting a plug and a plug together is morally wrong and the people that do that should be killed?

undecided
come on!!!

who does that I mean who does that angry
Re: Why Is Homosexuality Wrong? by absoluteSuccess: 3:52pm On Nov 23, 2015
jadeus:
Till today, I've not heard one valuable argument for why homosexuality is wrong. All the arguments that are listed below are the ones that I have heard before and I am going to try to refute them, but if you have additional arguments for why it is wrong please say something.

1) It is un-African
The fact that people say that homosexuality is un-African shows a huge ignorance about our culture. Before colonization, we were accepting of homosexuality and treated them with respect. We didn't pry into people's bedrooms to see whether they were having sex the right way or not and we lived according to the African principle of "live and let live". It was when the British colonized us, that they brought homophobia with them. They forced Christianity down the throats of our fore fathers and enforced the "Buggery Law" which criminalized homosexuality. It is our culture to be accepting of people's differences instead of killing them for it.

2) It is against my religion
When people say this, I shake my head. When we call upon our religion, we constantly forget that we are constantly doing the things that the said religion is against. You call upon Leviticus 20:13 to condemn homosexuality, yet you forget these verses:

Leviticus 20:9
Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Because they have cursed their father or mother, their blood will be on their own head

Leviticus 20:10
If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death

We don't put the verses into action. Why? Because we know we are guilty of some of them and instead of trying to better ourselves, we then turn around and scapegoat others. Remember, God didn't destroy Sodom and Gomorrah because of homosexuality but because they didn't care for the poor and needy among them.

Ezekiel 16:49
Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had arrogance, abundant food and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy.

3) It is un-natural
Just do some research and you would find that homosexuality is found in nature.
[url][/url]http://www.livescience.com/44464-bonobo-homosexuality-natural.html
Before you say "Should we then follow the actions of animals?" I would say that the only reason people bring up this point is to say just that.

4) Homosexuals cannot reproduce
Just because they can't reproduce doesn't mean that what they are doing is wrong. Old people can't reproduce, does that mean that they shouldn't get married or have sex?
There are people who have diseases that make them infertile, does that mean that they shouldn't be allowed to have sex or get married.
There are people who chose not to have kids, does that mean that they shouldn't have sex or get married?
This is just a flimsy excuse. By the way, we are so concerned about bringing more children into the world while we have not taken care of the ones that are already here in this world. About half of Nigerians'population is under 18 and we should do something to take care of the existing children instead of worrying about bringing more children into this broken country.

5) People are not born gay
Actually people are born gay, but, let's assume that they are not, does that mean that we should kill them? People are not born Christians, they chose to be Christians, does that mean that we should all of a sudden send Christians to jail? That's stupid. Also, given the difficult lives of gays in Nigeria who would knowingly choose to be gay? Would you wake up one morning and be attracted to someone of the same sex?

I wonder why every criminal fails to use this situation ethnics to argue their cases in the court of law.

given the difficult lives of Nigerians, some became hardened criminals and cyber fraudsters. But many Nigerians will never do crime if the laws are withdrawn.

Can one wake up one morning and become enemy of progress? Criminals Will always be criminals, trying hard to beat every civic rules.

Hence they (criminals) often try hard to beat every possible forensic lead that might blow their cover.

before, it is not a crime to spoil others and cart away their belongings, the same law that outlawed this did the same for boy lovers.

animals don't do homosexuality, if you claim they do, then quote a scripture from them to support your desperations.

you are a gay so therefore? embrace the responsibility of your choice, I don't need to tell you that a choice comes with responsibilities.

it is natural to go against nature, or the law of the land, it is natural for the law to go against you. it's between you and the law.

mind you, you know next to nothing about our traditional values, you are advocating for the Greek boy lover's ways.

this is the days of 'minority against popular culture' hence we are protective against using our culture as validation for every nonsense.

6) It is a mental disease
If you truly believe that homosexuality is a disease, shouldn't you be asking for help for gay people instead of sending them to 14 years in prison where they wouldn't get any help? Shouldn't we be trying to do more research into homosexuality to find out the cause of it or the cure instead of just killing gay people or sending them to jail? Shouldn't you be asking for more hospitals and research on this topic like we did for HIV/AIDS? Yet, instead of doing all those, we kill the people that are suffering with this supposed mental illness. That's like saying that we can't sure HIV/AIDS, therefore instead of doing more research on it, we should just kill all infected people.

7) I don't like it
Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that it is wrong. I don't like eating meat does that mean that all meat eaters should be sentenced to 14 years in prison? No. That's the same for homosexuality. If you don't understand it, do some research instead of condemning people.

Homosexuality hurts no one and is practiced in privacy. It cannot be transferred from one person to another. Please let's have a rational conversation about homosexuality.

(1) (Reply)

Olayemi Oniroyin: 'blogging In Yoruba Has Got Me In Trouble / Man Regret:in My Next Life I Don't Wanna Be An Igbo. / Nigerian Baby Names: 80 Unique (hand Picked) Igbo Names For Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.