Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. (52047 Views)

Have You Ever Been Betrayed By A Friend?, Share Your Experience. / ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) / Corpse Of Woman Buried 14-years-ago In Epe, Lagos Found Same Way It Was. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by mikkyjagga1(m): 10:14am On Nov 23, 2015
Good example of being the change you want to see!
Keep it up

1 Like

Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by possibilita(m): 10:17am On Nov 23, 2015
Good man but y do I have d feeling that u removes it after taking those pics.
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 23, 2015
obinnashady:
u be mugu,na ur type keep naija like this....devil,na ur type dey use charm kill person 4 village
you aint different from the devil yu speak against.
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by Spybradd: 10:18am On Nov 23, 2015
"IF EVERYONE CARED,
NOBODY CRIED,
IF EVERYONE LOVED,
NOBODY LIED,
IF EVERYONE SHUD SWALLOW THEIR PRIDE,
WE SEE THE DAY NOBODY DIED..."
~NICKELBACK'S HIT TRACK "IF EVERYONE CARED"

OP,CARLOSZ,YOU NOT ONLY LEFT YOUR C-CAUTION BEHIND,YOU ARE SKIPPING YOUR MEAL SO YOU CAN GET ANOTHER..AND YOU DID IT NOT FOR YOUR BROTHER OR RELATIVE:BUT FOR AND TO AN UNKNOWN STRANGER AND FOR THOSE WHO COULD GET HURT IF AN ACCIDENT OCCURED..
FROM THE NORTH EAST SOUTH AND WEST,MAY THE GOOD LORD CAUSE MEN YOU KNOW AND DONT KNOW, AND HELP TO ALWAYS BE AVAILABLE TO HELP,BLESS AND FAVOR YOU AND YOUR GENERATION. YOU DID THIS JUST ONE ACT OF SACRIFICIAL LOVE,MAY IT BE DONE TO YOU TIMES INNUMERABLE,IJN. AMEN.

4 Likes

Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by ecotwins: 10:20am On Nov 23, 2015
I think we can look at it that he is trying to sensitize others on doing the right thing in such situations! He is not necessarily looking for praise. I for one, have learnt from his actions. God bless you OP!
jnrbayano:
Good work.

But bad that you publicized it to earn human praises.

4 Likes

Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by Bollinger(m): 10:21am On Nov 23, 2015
CARLOSZ:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154335781353572&id=578733571

On my way home tonight along the Akala expressway leading to my house, I saw a truck that was abandoned on a portion of the road without the C-Caution signage and I passed by it.

But it occurred to me that a driver who is not 100% concentrated on the wheels could run into the stationary truck and that would be fatal, so I turned back, parked somewhere safe and sacrificed my car's C-Caution for the safety of other road users, afterall I can replace my C-Caution by just skipping a meal but a life is irreplaceable!

‪#‎beinspiredtodogood‬ ‪#‎RotaryTheWayToBe

Cc Lalasticlala

You get fined up to a hundred Euro if you Don't have one in your car In Germany. Worse is if you don't place one 100 meters from you car in a breakdown, night or day.
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 23, 2015
jnrbayano:
Good work.

well unlike what u think some of us have been reminded and inspired to do good. if I didn't see this today I won't have been kind hearted enough to help a friend who was in dire financial straits today knowing fully well that he can't pay back even if he promised to...u can sing my praise or better still don't but get the message; help people unconditionally. do good without expecting reward...peace be with u...

5 Likes

Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by Kosigift(f): 10:24am On Nov 23, 2015
jnrbayano:
Good work.

I wonder what your praises will do for him. He publicized it so others would learn! Ahhh! Quit being judgemental abeg

2 Likes

Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by jnrbayano(m): 10:26am On Nov 23, 2015
DonX001:

Lol. Truth be told, you're just playing devil's advocate.
It happened at night on a lonely dark road. If he didn't post it, who would?
Do you know how many million people have learnt from what he just did and posted, and how many thousands of lives he has saved by the multiplier effects of people emulating his action and doing the same.
All because he was wise enough to not only do a good act deed, but also to post it to encourage others.
You should just stop playing devil's advocate already.
You are going verbose over a very simple thing.

The crux of the matter is the foolish truck driver. Solve a problem from the root and not from the leaves.

Is there anywhere in the Op where he condemned the truck driver? Why isn't it all about earning human praises?

Think!
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 23, 2015
Bollinger:

You get fined up to a hundred Euro if you Don't have one in your car In Germany. Worse is if you don't place one 100 meters from you car in a breakdown, night or day.
Europe right? well instead of a fine, you get to potentially save a life here in NAIJA...Europe can go to blazes for all I care...life is much more important than a fine or a sign...
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by jnrbayano(m): 10:29am On Nov 23, 2015
Kosigift:

I wonder what your praises will do for him. He publicized it so others would learn! Ahhh! Quit being judgemental abeg

Why didn't Op condemn that truck driver whose unsafe act created that unsafe condition?
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by tuna4servi(m): 10:29am On Nov 23, 2015
Service to humanity
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by Frankiss44(m): 10:30am On Nov 23, 2015
jnrbayano:
Good work.

Probably not earning praises ...but encouraging others to do the same
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 23, 2015
DonX001:

Lol. Truth be told, you're just playing devil's advocate.
It happened at night on a lonely dark road. If he didn't post it, who would?
Do you know how many million people have learnt from what he just did and posted, and how many thousands of lives he has saved by the multiplier effects of people emulating his action and doing the same.
All because he was wise enough to not only do a good act deed, but also to post it to encourage others.
You should just stop playing devil's advocate already.
plz hw do u knw people will emulate his action? Jesus died 4 us ,apart frm going to church and dancing to the angelic tunes of the choirister's,have u emulate 2% of this man who died 4 us?save ur words brother cuz u will need them on judgement day#FACT.
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 23, 2015
CARLOSZ:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154335781353572&id=578733571

On my way home tonight along the Akala expressway leading to my house, I saw a truck that was abandoned on a portion of the road without the C-Caution signage and I passed by it.

But it occurred to me that a driver who is not 100% concentrated on the wheels could run into the stationary truck and that would be fatal, so I turned back, parked somewhere safe and sacrificed my car's C-Caution for the safety of other road users, afterall I can replace my C-Caution by just skipping a meal but a life is irreplaceable!

‪#‎beinspiredtodogood‬ ‪#‎RotaryTheWayToBe

Cc Lalasticlala
wow. no matter what, there are good people anywhere you're. Nigerians has good people too
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by jaymichael(m): 10:34am On Nov 23, 2015
NinaTohBadt:
angry END TIME C-CAUTION
ENDTIME joker.
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by tombeh(m): 10:34am On Nov 23, 2015
you too much bro...
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 23, 2015
obinnashady:
I piss on ur quote,no peace talk

Ofcourse ur obinna. cheesy. Keep pissing.
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by jnrbayano(m): 10:34am On Nov 23, 2015
cococandy:
The truck driver is an A-hole.
That was a death trap waiting to happen.
Jeez.

Hitting the nail on the head!

1 Like

Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by Kosigift(f): 10:38am On Nov 23, 2015
possibilita:
Good man but y do I have d feeling that u removes it after taking those pics.
LOL, na ur bad belle dey make u blow dis Kain gbagawn? Lwkm tongue

1 Like

Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by obinnashady(m): 10:38am On Nov 23, 2015
chrisbaba1:

Ofcourse ur obinna. cheesy. Keep pissing.
keep sucking mofo.smello leave me alone

1 Like

Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 23, 2015
No wonder our old leaders keep saying that most of the youths and teenagers of this generation are useless and not ready to lead. Someone did something good and commendable all they can say is that he's showing off. Even if he was showing off,at least a little child could learn from his good gesture. All you know is scam people,steal,rob,watch x-rated movies,waste your lives in clubs;no future ambition. Quote me and you'll remain useless for life. Awon omo lasan.

3 Likes

Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by caesaraba(m): 10:44am On Nov 23, 2015
jnrbayano:

You are going verbose over a very simple thing.

The crux of the matter is the foolish truck driver. Solve a problem from the root and not from the leaves.

Is there anywhere in the Op where he condemned the truck driver? Why isn't it all about earning human praises?

Think!

Honestly you are all over the place. Calm down this morning abeg.
The OP is an upstanding Rotarian and like we do in the Rotary family, good deeds are publicized so that others can get inspired and make the world a better place. Yes, your version of God won't bless the OP for coming to say it himself that (the mortal sin) he put up a road sign, but I think (in my layman logic) that He (your version of God) might bless the OP if a few people are saved from having accidents on that road. Heck what if He doesn't? Didn't the act help the general public? I think it did and if we all did little acts of kindness like this day in -day out, the world would be a better place. So oga, your grouse on this matter, is very very inconsequential when weighed against the OP's very kind gesture (service to humanity). The thread isn't about you so please calm down and stop being agitated.

4 Likes

Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by Bollinger(m): 10:49am On Nov 23, 2015
Prixus:

Europe right? well instead of a fine, you get to potentially save a life here in NAIJA...Europe can go to blazes for all I care...life is much more important than a fine or a sign...

Frustration na bastard. The point there is no reason why every vehicle should not have one in the first place. Calm down bro.
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by girlhaley(f): 10:50am On Nov 23, 2015
You are really one of a kind

You are blessed

1 Like

Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by Burger01(m): 10:51am On Nov 23, 2015
We should be our brother's keeper smiley

Nice one Op smiley

1 Like

Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by Movicq(m): 10:54am On Nov 23, 2015
MUST U TELL ERRBODY INSTEAD OF GOD TO JUST PRAISE OR REWARD U.... U JUST LET MAN DO SO...... Smh non of my bizness tho........
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by karleone(m): 10:57am On Nov 23, 2015
Prixus:

well unlike what u think some of us have been reminded and inspired to do good. if I didn't see this today I won't have been kind hearted enough to help a friend who was in dire financial straits today knowing fully well that he can't pay back even if he promised to...u can sing my praise or better still don't but get the message; help people unconditionally. do good without expecting reward...peace be with u...

The point is not about helping someone or saving a life. It's about taking pictures of your act and coming to NL to create a thread so the world will see your good deeds and praise your generosity. To me that's pride in humility.
Do you know how many people who go about, everyday, doing good? The OP has just gotten his reward (human praises) for the good deed. He definitely could have left it a secret assistance and wait on God for his reward(s).

Tomorrow you'll see someone create a thread on how s/he helped an aging mother cross the highway and seek my "you did good" post. Smh... Nairalanders and their attention seeking attitude sef.
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by manosteel(m): 10:59am On Nov 23, 2015
Nice one
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 23, 2015
chrisbaba1:

Since he has shown off for the praises of men, Thats his reward, praises from men grin.....

100% correct
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by Originalsly: 11:09am On Nov 23, 2015
At times we need to step up to cover for the ignorance and stupidity of others. Countless people have lost their lives because of such death traps set by these drivers assholes. No lights...no reflectors...no c sign... truck loaded with blocks just sitting on the highway... and FG think BH is the only group of local terrorists. Great deed OP.... and for publicising to educate. May those who drive be moved to see the importance of the c sign and have at least one in their car. Lastly.....place sign a greater distance from the stalled car to give drivers enough warning to safely change lane or stop. Great job.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See Hilarious Wishes As Lady Posted Police Who Passed Away / Story Book: My Sweet And Lovely House Boy (part 1) / 37 Things You’ll Regret When You’re Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.