Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. (52053 Views)

Have You Ever Been Betrayed By A Friend?, Share Your Experience. / ABSU Graduate Helps Carpenter Who Helped Him In School 20 Years Ago (Photos) / Corpse Of Woman Buried 14-years-ago In Epe, Lagos Found Same Way It Was. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:14am On Nov 23, 2015
I don did it. Good samaritan's club...

But next time, please place it further back.

Good job.
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by great664(m): 11:25am On Nov 23, 2015
chrisbaba1:

Since he has shown off for the praises of men, Thats his reward, praises from men grin.....

u religious people are bunch of ....... Saying this Aline irrespective of showing up or taking glory or praise has positively inspired and educate others to do the same or even more, most especially ME, and the other guy that also volunteer to pick dirt on the street if he sees any, A little act of kindness creates an endless ribbles, Jesus is our teacher and mentor, he lives by Example, lets emulate him and live also by example (inspiring others) even if the op post was fable but it has a positive impact on the masses So I advice us not to always wait for God blessing in secret but also to showcase and let others emulate us, My Compatriots,( In Pastor Chris voice) KEEP SAYING IT!!!

Thank you OP and God Bless You

Nigeria will be great again after these old political thief's die like Audu and Abacha.
RIP to the dead

2 Likes

Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 23, 2015
I bet you someone stole that caution sign 20 mins later!!!
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by ephi123(f): 11:27am On Nov 23, 2015
How on earth did this thread become a "religious case of OP doing it for men's praises"? How do you know his motives? ARE YOU IN HIS HEAD? or are you mind readers? Mstchew undecided Religion has brainwashed a lot of people's brains in this country. Na wa.

OP, well done, it is so key to create awareness and this singular act may have saved a life or two.

4 Likes

Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by bummyla(m): 11:28am On Nov 23, 2015
GOD Bless You! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by Onegai(f): 11:28am On Nov 23, 2015
Rajosh:
you did a good job but you shouldn't have publicized it. the good Lord in heaven who sees in darkness would have rewarded you. you've already received your reward already from the numerous praises.

He publicized it so that others will learn and be inspired to act on it. Now somewhere else, someone will see a truck parked in darkness and stop to warn other drivers with a caution sign.

All because this OP showed and led by example smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by Onegai(f): 11:33am On Nov 23, 2015
jnrbayano:

You are going verbose over a very simple thing.

The crux of the matter is the foolish truck driver. Solve a problem from the root and not from the leaves.

Is there anywhere in the Op where he condemned the truck driver? Why isn't it all about earning human praises?

Think!

It is not the OP's job to critic the truck driver, that is what FRSC and LASTMA are there for. He helped his fellow drivers. The OP did his part to society.

If I eat in public and tidily dispose of my waste, it is not my job to start shouting at people on the street to do what I did. LAWMA and KAI should do so.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by jnrbayano(m): 11:37am On Nov 23, 2015
caesaraba:

Honestly you are all over the place. Calm down this morning abeg.
The OP is an upstanding Rotarian and like we do in the Rotary family, good deeds are publicized so that others can get inspired and make the world a better place. Yes, your version of God won't bless the OP for coming to say it himself that (the mortal sin) he put up a road sign, but I think (in my layman logic) that He (your version of God) might bless the OP if a few people are saved from having accidents on that road. Heck what if He doesn't? Didn't the act help the general public? I think it did and if we all did little acts of kindness like this day in -day out, the world would be a better place. So oga, your grouse on this matter, is very very inconsequential when weighed against the OP's very kind gesture (service to humanity). The thread isn't about you so please calm down and stop being agitated.

You are the one agitated here when you failed to see in my first post when I commended the work he did.

The "devils advocate" line should not be used if you had control over your agitation.

Where did I condemn the work? I only condemned the manner and I stand by it.
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by agohmamuda(m): 11:41am On Nov 23, 2015
depson:
good mind, but for some area here in Lagos or PH#ppl will rush u to Yaba left ASAP

YOU WOULDNT. COS I WILL DRESS COPERATE TO PERFORM THE TASK. YOU WILL BE SURPRISED TO SEE UR SELF HELPING OUT. LOL grin
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by agohmamuda(m): 11:43am On Nov 23, 2015
jacoik:
lolhahaha be ready to go round Lagos because u go pick tire. even ur street ppl go think say them just release u from yabaleft

I KNEW I WILL GET THESE KIND OF RESPONSES THAT WHY I SAID, I WILL NOT GET TIRED.
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by agohmamuda(m): 11:44am On Nov 23, 2015
remember007:
kiss kiss kiss kiss

TNKS FOR BELIEVING kiss
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by agohmamuda(m): 11:48am On Nov 23, 2015
asumo12:
undecided
Bro odikwa risky ppl will be running when dey sight u!

MY BROTHER, LET THEM RUN, THAT WAY THEY WONT HAVE TIME TO LITTER THE FLOOR/GROUND. grin grin grin
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by agohmamuda(m): 11:49am On Nov 23, 2015
Danfuster:

I hope you do this good citizen thingy near yaba left.... Them go just toss you inside their compound thinking you be fresh madman grin grin
grin

THEY CAN BREAK MY BODY BUT NOT MY SPIRIT. I WILL CONTINUE MY GOOD WORKS INSIDE YABA LEFT THEN.
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by bashydemy(m): 11:50am On Nov 23, 2015
Well done OP.
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by toyeayan(m): 11:53am On Nov 23, 2015
Waaseere bro
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 23, 2015
God bless you Sir!
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by murmee: 12:02pm On Nov 23, 2015
jnrbayano:
Good work.
But bad that you publicized it to earn human praises.
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by jacoik(m): 12:07pm On Nov 23, 2015
agohmamuda:

I KNEW I WILL GET THESE KIND OF RESPONSES THAT WHY I SAID, I WILL NOT GET TIRED.
lol u no well
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by TeamSimple(m): 12:12pm On Nov 23, 2015
jhydebaba:
Good one from you there. If only we can be our brother's keeper.

The other day, I saw a plank with the nail on the plank facing up. I narrowly escaped being hurt. So, I disposed the plank so that another person wont be hurt.

Little things like these save lives and I pray God will reward you.

Lastly, lets be conscious of our environment at all times.
I swear you go get hunch back for Lagos.
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by alaskido(m): 12:14pm On Nov 23, 2015
Good work there my guy but the idiot who parked the truck with blocks loaded will return the next morning to own a triangle reflector he did not put there or work for.
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by Danfuster(m): 12:15pm On Nov 23, 2015
agohmamuda:

THEY CAN BREAK MY BODY BUT NOT MY SPIRIT. I WILL CONTINUE MY GOOD WORKS INSIDE YABA LEFT THEN.

AAH! shocked WÉRÉY ALASó léléyi ooo # run away from you
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by agohmamuda(m): 12:18pm On Nov 23, 2015
Danfuster:

AAH! shocked WÉRÉY ALASó léléyi ooo # run away from you

COME BACK HERE AND PICK THAT PAPER WEH U DROP FOR GROUND
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by xtervaganza(m): 12:20pm On Nov 23, 2015
CARLOSZ:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154335781353572&id=578733571

On my way home tonight along the Akala expressway leading to my house, I saw a truck that was abandoned on a portion of the road without the C-Caution signage and I passed by it.

But it occurred to me that a driver who is not 100% concentrated on the wheels could run into the stationary truck and that would be fatal, so I turned back, parked somewhere safe and sacrificed my car's C-Caution for the safety of other road users, afterall I can replace my C-Caution by just skipping a meal but a life is irreplaceable!

‪#‎beinspiredtodogood‬ ‪#‎RotaryTheWayToBe

Cc Lalasticlala
is this the Akala express in ibadan?
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by henroe2k2(m): 12:21pm On Nov 23, 2015
chrisbaba1:

Since he has shown off for the praises of men, Thats his reward, praises from men grin.....

The dude above must be a Jehovah's witness. the a stingy to the marrow, even to the extent of hoarding a common God bless U or thank U......
Op, U saved souls in that singular act. I have seen motorists lost their lives as a result of this...

1 Like

Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by henroe2k2(m): 12:22pm On Nov 23, 2015
chrisbaba1:

The dude above must be a Jehovah's witness. they are stingy to the marrow, even to the extent of hoarding a common God bless U or thank U......

Op, U saved souls in that singular act. I have seen motorists lost their lives as a result of this...

God bless U....
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by Danfuster(m): 12:23pm On Nov 23, 2015
agohmamuda:

COME BACK HERE AND PICK THAT PAPER WEH U DROP FOR GROUND

Leave me ooo, leave me ósisó
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 23, 2015
Bollinger:

Frustration na bastard. The point there is no reason why every vehicle should not have one in the first place. Calm down bro.
point taken bro but at that point in time there is no time to start thinking about whether your vehicle will need it or not or whether every vehicle must have one. save a life first and we can talk about all that later. your point is noted tho.
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 23, 2015
God bless the individual that did that.

I think these truck drivers ought to be properly trained on what to do when their trucks breakdown.
Also, the use of original reflectors and functional tail lights must be enforced for trucks.

God saved me from an accident few months ago when a truck broke down on Ikirun-Osogbo road like that.
Those stupid abokis in that particular truck just stood close to their truck waving there hand stupidly by the roadside (which was a narrow highway after a dangerous bend) on a dark night. No caution sign, No leaves on the road, No hazard light, No reflector, No light whatsoever.
Just dark horizon ahead, then suddenly, a giant size metal right in front of you.
Thank God for ABS sha.
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by Uulovers(f): 12:43pm On Nov 23, 2015
Just like you've saved a life or lives, God almighty shall continue to save yours and avert any unforseen circumstances coming your way IJN.
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by romney678mitt: 12:44pm On Nov 23, 2015
NinaTohBadt:
angry END TIME C-CAUTION
see your life outside!! End time life
Re: What A Friend Did Some Minutes Ago. by ogbe2K3(m): 12:50pm On Nov 23, 2015
Do u want to make cool cash online pls follow this link http://PocketMoneyCash.com/?ref=6772

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See Hilarious Wishes As Lady Posted Police Who Passed Away / Story Book: My Sweet And Lovely House Boy (part 1) / 37 Things You’ll Regret When You’re Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.