Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Three Paths - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Three Paths (88223 Views)

Silent Paths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 2:24pm On Nov 30, 2015
Nat usually referred to her as ‘good girl’ and that was the image Ebube liked to portray. No one really knew her innermost thoughts. Of all the girls, she was the most private and reserved. No one could refer to her as a cheat in the true sense of the word. Besides, there was a strong possibility Charles was also catching trips where he was. To be fair, he was not really that sort of guy, he was more of the committed type but no one could ever be sure. Most guys claimed they were but they would jump at an opportunity to enter under skirt. If he was doing it in Lagos, most people would understand, he was a man after all.

Ebube was still talking when Nat popped a pill in her mouth ‘’are you still on that daily shii.it?’’ she asked. ‘’Don’t kill yourself this woman oh! Ever thought of getting a better contraceptive instead of this pill you are always swallowing?’’

Nat eyed her but said nothing. She drank some more water and frowned as Ebube continued to talk ‘’babe, they said some of these things have side effect oh. Don’t say I didn’t warn you oh! I like you that’s why I keep hammering on it. I told you the one I’m currently on abi? I beg make person nor go do the one when go give am headache for future’’

‘’Ebube, you don’t understand. It’s more than a birth control pill for me’’ Nat replied.

‘’Ehn?’’

‘’PCOS. I have PCOS’’

''What is pecos?''

''I said P.C.O.S!''

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by stuff46(m): 6:41pm On Nov 30, 2015
Skimpledawg:
Niccur pm me asap...
Done
Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 11:13am On Dec 01, 2015
‘’I’m sorry but what is that?’’

‘’Phew where do I start from? It’s this crazy thing that affects my flow and stuff. The pills help with regularizing my period. In short I don’t want to talk; Google is your best friend...’’

Suddenly the room was quiet and Ebube's mouth hung wide open. She scratched her head in confusion then cleared her throat and spoke up ‘’I’m so sorry dear and you never say anything when we tease you about using birth control pills’’

‘’Because I don’t like talking about it’’

‘’Sorry babes. It is well. Is that why you hardly talk about your period and stuff?’’

‘’What is there to talk about? I hardly see it anyways; sometimes once in six months or so. I have to take drugs for that rubbish thing to show. Imagine the nonsense then you think I shave every time for the fun of it? I tire jare; life is so unfair...’’

5 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 11:14am On Dec 01, 2015
‘’I’m sorry. I’m actually struggling with what to say since I don’t really understand what it’s all about. I’ll tell Belinda with style; the teasing about the pill has got to stop’’

‘’Nah, its okay. Intent is all that matters, if she does not know then she can't hurt me''

''I disagree, Belinda is reasonable and you know what I mean. I will stylishly tell her. The teasing must stop''

''Thank you. Anyway in other news, I was invited to this pool party. It’s being organized by Temi and his goons. It’s going to be off the hook baby. Would you like to go with me?’’

‘’Sure thing. When is it?’’

‘’Tomorrow evening by 5. Ken will come and pick us by that kain 4pm’’

‘’Great! Belinda will die with envy...’’

Suddenly a knock interrupted them and Ebube stood up to check who it was. It was none other than Blossom Okara. She was in the same class with Belinda and every now and then, she came to see her course mate. Blossom was a beautiful light skinned girl from an average home with conservative parents. She was so light skinned, she was often mistaken for being bi-racial. Belinda often spoke of how strict her parents were and it was not unusual to see her sharing her food stuff with Blossom. It was not because Blossom was so poor but because she hated going home. They had been firm friends since 100 Level.

5 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 11:14am On Dec 01, 2015
?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 11:15am On Dec 01, 2015
''I'll call her now; it's just that I'm surprised. She didn’t mention it to me and we have like a tutorial tonight and…''

''It's not a big deal. She had to go home suddenly because her parents are doing some sort of important ceremony abi celebration. She is probably busy with work at the moment, perhaps serving guests or something like that''

Suddenly Nat came to the door and stared at Blossom ''how far nah?'' Nat yelled.

''I'm all good''

''You seem disappointed'' Nat continued.

''Well she didn’t mention anything to me that’s why. We were in class throughout yesterday so you can imagine''

''Well Belinda is that sort of person. You are close to her so you must know how she acts when it gets to her immediate family affairs. She is funny like that you know''

''Yep I guess'' Ebube replied. She continued to stare at Blossom with her long sleeved nylon dress. It was a knee length dress with pleats at the waist. It looked like a complete mess! Blossom was equally pitiful when it came to fashion. Ebube continued to stare at her and she could see the worry lines etched on Blossom's fair face. She felt really sorry for the girl, so much so she didn’t know when she invited her in ''would you like to come in or something? Was there something you needed to collect from her? We could help you check around for it''

Suddenly, Blossom composed herself and smiled ''no. It's okay. I best be on my way''

She turned around and continued the same way she had come. By that time, Nat had returned back to the bedroom and was sorting her dirty clothes for washing when Ebube walked in ''she looked rather distraught'' Ebube announced.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 11:16am On Dec 01, 2015
?

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 11:17am On Dec 01, 2015
[size=18pt]6[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 11:18am On Dec 01, 2015
''Good so what are you doing?'' Belinda asked.

''Trying to read and fooling myself while at it''

''You're missing me right?''

''Something like that''

''Just say you miss me. Aint no shame in it''

''Na you sabi''

''Where you at now?''

''Reading at Faculty'' Blossom replied in a bored tone.

''Where in Faculty?''

''That particular classroom we read''

''Good. I hope you're seating where we usually read. I mean at the very back'' By this time, Blossom had closed her books and was chewing the cover of her biro as she spoke into the phone. She had a good idea where her course mate was going and it was starting to tickle her. She continued to converse with her friend and then all of a sudden, she began to laugh quietly ''… you know what I'm thinking right?'' Belinda continued.

''No idea''

''You shitting me, I've got a feeling you do''

''Search me''

''Touch yourself for me babe''

5 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 11:20am On Dec 01, 2015
?

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 11:21am On Dec 01, 2015
The student contemplated on going through the other way but that would mean going past many students as opposed to only Blossom. She decided it was not worth the stress so this time, she moved closer to Blossom and tapped her. Suddenly the day dreaming came to an abrupt end ''you want to pass?'' Blossom asked.

''What is wrong with you?'' the student asked.

She had seen what Blossom was doing and she was beyond shocked then irritated.

''Erm… let me call you back babe. Sorry if I held you up. I was on a call'' Blossom replied. She stretched out her hand like she wanted the girl to see her phone then she moved out of the way but the girl continued to stare at her. It had changed from a look of anger to one of pity or maybe sadness.

''Are you going or not?'' Blossom asked.

''You ought to be ashamed of yourself, I mean it. You ought to be ashamed of yourself plus you need Jesus. You are supposed to be a lady but you lack home training''

Then Blossom rolled her eyes and answered in a weary tone ''why don’t you just step out like you intended?''

''You are a loose woman and a dirty creature!'' the student whispered fiercely. Then she picked up her books and stomped out.

6 Likes

Re: Three Paths by labaski(f): 2:57pm On Dec 01, 2015
so as opposed to her holier than thou attitude, she's a lesbo?? Chai.. Na wa ooo
Re: Three Paths by Skimpledawg(m): 9:17pm On Dec 01, 2015
labaski:
so as opposed to her holier than thou attitude, she's a lesbo?? Chai.. Na wa ooo
Not just her, Belinda also. And i think her roomies does nt know any of dz.. Damn!! The story is coming up lil by lil..

No wonder Belinda wz so comfortabl watching a sexxx scene
Re: Three Paths by ncChigo(m): 9:41pm On Dec 02, 2015
Another nice story fantasy island,although I c ur borrowed time in literature section coming to an end smiley ...sexuality section beckons..
Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 9:52pm On Dec 02, 2015
ncChigo:
Another nice story fantasy island,although I c ur borrowed time in literature section coming to an end smiley ...sexuality section beckons..

Let's see how long we can hold out. I am trying real hard and I'm doing this because I want to break the stereotype that I am only a 'sexuality writer'. Nothing bad there but sometimes you just want to push yourself as a writer. smiley

5 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 9:55pm On Dec 02, 2015
?

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 9:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
Nat was such a nutcase in that regard. Sometimes, it was hard to tell if she was joking or if she meant what she was saying. Overtime, her friends realized she was serious about these spiritual exercises. They ran contrary to her lifestyle, but Nat was always quick to point out that the grace of her father was sufficient.

She had a weird way of talking about her relationship with God and her pastor. It was always, my pastor said, my father in the Lord said, our senior prophet said, our district head said, our mama then said, my God said, my bible said. She knew how to personalise these things in the same way she personalised her sins. For example she would say ''I know I am not innocent and I know I am far from perfect. I know I have sinned but my father is faithful and just to forgive…''

Sometimes Belinda and Ebube laughed at her and would refer to her as 'my pastor said'. Today was no exception, and as she tweaked her grey scarf one last time, Ebube asked if she was coming home straight or going to read after service ''I'll probably spend the night at a friend's''

''Fair enough and this friend is who?'' Ebube continued.

''You are not my mother''

''Sorry. I asked not because I'm your mum, but because I want to make sure we've got your back in case''

Nat ignored her then picked her bible and put it inside her large tote bag ''Kenneth's house'' she whispered.

''Fücking kidding me!'' Belinda swore.

''You see? You see you judgemental people?'' Nat shouted. ''That’s why I didn’t want to say it before'' then she opened the door and banged it shut before stomping away.

''I don’t know how she does that'' Belinda whispered.

''Me either but I've learnt not to judge'' Ebube replied.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 9:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
[size=18pt]7[/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 10:02pm On Dec 02, 2015
The end result was pretty simple, Nat was never in need. She always had something to share with her friends and she never failed to pay her tithe. She was quite good at quoting the famous tithe scripture in Malachi and it never seized to amaze her roommates. Ken also enjoyed from her bounty, but he was none the wiser. He believed she lacked nothing because her mother was a successful pastry maker in Warri.

On the other hand, Ebube seemed to be the reserved type of the bunch. She was certainly not as wild as Nat but she was not particularly a saint either. Her motto was ask and ye shall receive. She was the type who whispered while she asked so that gave the impression she never had needs.

Since her boyfriend, Charles, went for his compulsory NYSC programme, she had been seeing another school boyfriend casually. She could not do the big men like Nat and it sort of irked her. She often wished she had the extra cash like Nat, but the thought of dating someone as old as her father amused her.

Her casual school boyfriend was an engineering student but it was more of a friends with benefit sort of thing. She was quite apt at keeping certain information to herself even from her best friends. For instance, no one knew her school boyfriend was in 100 Level. It sort of shamed her so she decided to hide that info. Her room mates would have teased her to the heavens and back and she could not bear that. Most times she felt ashamed of the affair, she reminded herself of the big thing he was packing underneath then she wouldn’t feel so bad again. Ebube didn’t like to admit it but she liked sex, perhaps more than Nat! Nat did runs because she loved the cash, she loved to live like the Joneses and her parents could not provide that top class lifestyle she so desired.

5 Likes

Re: Three Paths by labaski(f): 11:14pm On Dec 02, 2015
and fantasy will write and write and I will read and read but I'll never be satisfied
and I'll ask for more and fantasy will not update on time.

Chai!!! me sef don dey write in future tense ooo.. makes sense though. thanks fantasy.

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 11:47pm On Dec 02, 2015
?

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 11:48pm On Dec 02, 2015
''I think a buka is the wrong place to chat up a lady'' Ebube replied while washing her hands in the aluminium bowl provided. She frowned at the jug of water and called for the sales girl. Once the girl arrived, she asked for bottle water. She emphasised on the word bottled water and not pure water. All the while, Idongesit watched her in admiration. Once she had taken a large gulp, she placed a toothpick in her mouth and threw her face away ''would you like to have dinner sometime?''

''No''

''Let me make it up to you for ruining your buka experience today. Dinner this Friday at Omega and I promise to keep quiet on that day and allow you eat in peace''

''Break the mould, excite me''

''Ermm… do you like games?'' Idongesit asked.

''Like what?''

''Video games like FIFA or maybe…''

''I like FIFA but I'm better at …''

''Good we'll play then and I'll teach you if you're struggling. Afterwards we can do Omega. How about that?''

''Scratch Omega. Afterwards you can cook''

''I look forward to Friday. C'mon let me walk you out''

Finally Ebube smiled, Don as she would later refer to him was forward in a good sort of way. She liked a man who could take the lead and initiate things. It could also prove annoying but so far he was doing just fine.

They went on the date as planned and it was then, Don realized Ebube was no small chick. She was in her 4th year while he had only just entered the university. She was of course older, but she looked nothing near final year! He wanted to hide the fact that he was in 100 Level from her. Fortunately for him, it didn’t really matter to Ebube, at least not yet.

5 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 11:48pm On Dec 02, 2015
?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 11:49pm On Dec 02, 2015
Idongesit and Ebube looked at the ceiling as the fan continued to swirl. They had just finished having sex but neither was sated ''did you enjoy it?'' Idongesit asked.

''I'm sorry but I think that’s a dumb question. Like if it was dull, would you expect me to say so? That will crush any man's ego. A negative reply would practically pin you to this bed and you'll never want to wake up again!''

''Nah but it's cool to always hear it was great. I know I did alright cos I pounded your ass pretty good''

''You're such a juvenile'' Ebube teased. She ran a hand through his hairy chest and he chuckled.

''It was great but if it were not, I would stylishly convey my feelings. I can't stand sex that sucks. I swear I can't''

''Does Charles suck?''

5 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 11:50pm On Dec 02, 2015
?

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by olashas(f): 6:42am On Dec 03, 2015
Fantasyisland:

Let's see how long we can hold out. I am trying real hard and I'm doing this because I want to break the stereotype that I am only a 'sexuality writer'. Nothing bad there but sometimes you just want to push yourself as a writer. smiley
I like the sexuality part sad

2 Likes

Re: Three Paths by stuff46(m): 7:09am On Dec 03, 2015
cheesy
Re: Three Paths by Shebarh(f): 1:03pm On Dec 03, 2015
olashas:
same ya

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by Skimpledawg(m): 1:42pm On Dec 03, 2015
olashas:
undecided
Re: Three Paths by olashas(f): 2:17pm On Dec 03, 2015
Re: Three Paths by Idiataqueen(f): 4:03pm On Dec 03, 2015
#Team Belinda#

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by Shebarh(f): 9:21am On Dec 04, 2015
Idiataqueen:
#Team Belinda#
huh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Lethal Matrimony / Last Gang Standing (Crime) / The Devil In The Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.