Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,748 members, 7,806,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Time To Question God's Existence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Time To Question God's Existence (1080 Views)

Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? / Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof For God's Existence. / Who Are You To Question God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time To Question God's Existence by Freegift75: 6:29am On Nov 23, 2015
Does God really exist?

Recently, several Christian faithfuls fell victims of Paris attack, some in the hand of Boko haram, others in either accident or building collapse.

Are the prayers of the righteous not relevant before God anymore or is God really existing as believers' assertions?

All religions claim there is God who is above all principality and powers, they say with God all things are possible!

Who is fooling Who?

I've seen religious men who are blind, lame, deaf, barren, sick and stricken with poverty. And yet with their daily belief, trust and prayer with God, they ended like that!

I'm confused...!

2 Likes

Re: Time To Question God's Existence by jaymejate: 6:38am On Nov 23, 2015
Just know that God's not Dead.

1 Like

Re: Time To Question God's Existence by Freegift75: 6:40am On Nov 23, 2015
jaymejate:
Prove it to me, pls!

1 Like

Re: Time To Question God's Existence by gabinogem(m): 6:42am On Nov 23, 2015
Words are easy to come by, hence people just go with the easy way of life.
Re: Time To Question God's Existence by johnydon22(m): 6:51am On Nov 23, 2015
[b] Do not be confused, Belief in God has only FAITH as a basis..

Humans are very much intriguing creatures, we destroy real and visible nature all the while worshipping and revering invisible Gods.

We kill, discriminate, maim real humans to please invisible mute Gods and all these while we have imagined up this God showing up to the rescue.

Trusted and hope for help to come from the sky..

Was God aware of the incident and powerful enough to stop it and willing to stop it? Then why didn't it?

Was it aware, powerful enough but not willing? then why disturb yourself over what doesn't care about you

was it aware, willing but not powerful enough to help? Then it nullifies the all powerful feature

Was it not aware it was happening? Omniscient is murdered

In all this we may always take a second to look around and realize..

As long as there is a planet with conscious beings there will always be negativity and positivity stemming from their relationships ..

There is no aliens comings to attack us, no vampires coming, zombies , deities with anger issues flooding the earth or horse flying legion of deities coming to rapture earth neither is there a devil destroying earth. . . . .The only problem and threat to us is us.

The power to either help or mar this planet rests with us..

In all this i have come to realize that Humans are the only threat to this planet not abstract vague concepts like deities.
Gods do not kill anybody, people do so while shouting "God"

Gods should be able to say "HI" first before being able to do anything or save anyone.

But to me, it is a nobler thing for us to realize there is no help flying down from the sky, to realize our place among the vast deep universe swamming with countless stars, planets and galaxies.

And realize only us can either Help or mar ourselves, that it is a more nobler thing to put visible humans and nature first before any abstract ideas we have conceived like deities

Realize it is our obligations as humans who must live together to love and treat each other right for our continuity
[/b]

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Time To Question God's Existence by johnydon22(m): 6:53am On Nov 23, 2015
jaymejate:
Yes bro, God is not dead. . How can God die? For you to assert something is dead you have to show it has ever once lived..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Time To Question God's Existence by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 23, 2015
Freegift75:

Prove it to me, pls!

Here's something to think about:

When u leave your house without for a few weeks, maybe months, or perhaps years, you don't come back and find it well arranged and functional, do you? Your house needs to be maintained for it to function, don't u agree?

Now here's that point: we wake up to bright sunrise everyday. We plant and we are sure of harvest, even when we don't know how. Our water cycle and oxygen circle continues to function with little efforts from us. Etc. Who maintains these things? Who ensures the earth keep rotating and revolving? That we always have sunshine, seasons etc? Nature, some should say! But is nature an intelligent entity or just a phenomenon?

Science will tell how this things work and their effects. But in many cases they don't tell us why it had to be so or how it started.
Re: Time To Question God's Existence by frederickokey(m): 7:03am On Nov 23, 2015
first ask ur self of the magic/miracle behind the creation of the existing things u see around... even urself
Re: Time To Question God's Existence by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 23, 2015
Op, Here's is what a wise man once told me,

"Flashy words makes the world turn but it doesn't right".

Reason with yourself to deduct the "LIE" in the middle of BELIEF.

1 Like

Re: Time To Question God's Existence by johnydon22(m): 7:13am On Nov 23, 2015
frederickokey:
first ask ur self of the magic/miracle behind the creation of the existing things u see around... even urself
WTF Religion have just murdered the minds and intellect of our youths.

How in the world did someone think that planetary formation, an elementary knowledge, a product of gravitational effect on matter is Magic/miracle...

This is why i am against indoctrinating our young minds with unsubstantiated primitive superstition of ancient men..that is the only way to mar the intellectual evolution of our species....Just take a look.. this is sad

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Time To Question God's Existence by plaetton: 7:50am On Nov 23, 2015
vfactor:

Here's something to think about:

When u leave your house without for a few weeks, maybe months, or perhaps years, you don't come back and find it well arranged and functional, do you? Your house needs to be maintained for it to function, don't u agree?

Now here's that point: we wake up to bright sunrise everyday. We plant and we are sure of harvest, even when we don't know how. Our water cycle and oxygen circle continues to function with little efforts from us. Etc. Who maintains these things? Who ensures the earth keep rotating and revolving? That we always have sunshine, seasons etc? Nature, some should say! But is nature an intelligent entity or just a phenomenon?

Science will tell how this things work and their effects. But in many cases they don't tell us why it had to be so or how it started.

Lol.
Something to think about indeed.
Stone-age thinking, you mean.

God of the gaps argument.

Actually, we do know how and why the earth spins.
It's called gravity.
Every thing, every atom, every particle in the universe is in motion , and also exert gravitational forces on one another.

Depending upon your vantage point in space, these motions and motions within motions , these gravitational tugs and pulls may appear either haphazard , or synchronous with other processes within the universe.

1 Like

Re: Time To Question God's Existence by plaetton: 7:51am On Nov 23, 2015
johnydon22:
WTF Religion have just murdered the minds and intellect of our youths.

How in the world did someone think that planetary formation, an elementary knowledge, a product of gravitational effect on matter is Magic/miracle...

This is why i am against indoctrinating our young minds with unsubstantiated primitive superstition of ancient men..that is the only way to mar the intellectual evolution of our species....Just take a look.. this is sad

Magical thinking.
Nigeria's biggest problem.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Time To Question God's Existence by plaetton: 7:54am On Nov 23, 2015
frederickokey:

Lol @magic/ miracle.

Primitive mind in the 21st century,.. Beholden to childish reasoning, Unable to grasp or deal with simple elementary science.
Re: Time To Question God's Existence by Horlufemi(m): 8:13am On Nov 23, 2015
You have nothing to lose in believing in God.

On your death bed you will see God n you will believe.

You know how complex scientifically you are, right?

Now imagine a full Apache helicopter. All its parts n screws all laid out. Then a strong wind comes and blows everything into place and forms an helicopter. Can you believe that? If you can't then you cannot even believe that life just happened by chance. Because the most simple life form is way mor complex than an helicopter.

I choose an intelligent designer.

My atheist friend science is just part of the picture. It is discovery of Gods work.

Have you ever asked yourself. That what's the point. Asked yourself why everything? Why are we here?

You see everything you see is made up of atoms. The universe and everything in it is made up of atoms. That is including u and I. Now u are entirely made up of atoms that means you are part of the universe. Technically u are the universe. You are a scientist right and You observe nature, right? And my Question. Can the universe observe itself? And to what purpose?

Maka why? Reason.

I don't like religion. But I'm a believer in Christ Jesus.

I'm not a religious person, religion can turn u to an idiot like terrorists etc.

I'm only a believer in Christ.

Please try and know the real Christ not the Christ these pastors preach to chop the masses. The true saviour of mankind.

Peace
Re: Time To Question God's Existence by malvisguy212: 8:37am On Nov 23, 2015
Freegift75:
Does God really exist?

Recently, several Christian faithfuls fell victims of Paris attack, some in the hand of Boko haram, others in either accident or building collapse.

Are the prayers of the righteous not relevant before God anymore or is God really existing as believers' assertions?

All religions claim there is God who is above all principality and powers, they say with God all things are possible!

Who is fooling Who?

I've seen religious men who are blind, lame, deaf, barren, sick and stricken with poverty. And yet with their daily belief, trust and prayer with God, they ended like that!

I'm confused...!
like I say in the other thread, God of love want the whole universe to love each other and operate in Love, but will you force people to Love you? An involuntary act
can have no moral value. It's slavery. Where would the virtue be in any action if it were impossible not to be virtuous?
All of life would become meaningless.

What alternative can you suggest?If God enslaved the human will, squelching
wrongdoing by forcibly preventing us from indulging in our favorite sins, we'd be the first to shake our fists at him. It
would be the height of hypocrisy to dare criticize God for not always interfering when tragedy looms. Time after time
we have each proved by our actions that we don't want his love and wisdom cramping our style. if we disobey God, it's God's fault? Silly!! very silly.

I've even face more than this, if you experience the religion crisis in kaduna, you will know what am talking about, seen your brothers and friends burn alive and your house burned down. The apostle Paul say:

Romans 8:35-39New International
Version (NIV)
35 Who shall separate us from the love
of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or
persecution or famine or unclothedness or
danger or sword?
36 As it is written:“For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”[ a]
37 No, in all these things we are more
than conquerors through him who loved
us.
38 For I am convinced that neither
death nor life, neither angels nor
demons,[ b] neither the present nor the
future, nor any powers,
39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

For nearly 2,000 years, this hard-won insight has been put to the test by the torment of thousands of Christian martyrs who have agonized in triumph,
rejoicing in the goodness of God.
Re: Time To Question God's Existence by donnffd(m): 9:32am On Nov 23, 2015
I think asking whether God exists is a question that would never be met with a suitable answer, if you want to have faith to believe in him, superb, if you want to look at the evidence and discard his hypothesis, fine... its all a personal choice, i really doubt you would find an answer to your question especially not here on nairaland...What matters is for you to think critically and in doing so, respects other people's views and opinions. Have fun

1 Like

Re: Time To Question God's Existence by plaetton: 9:49am On Nov 23, 2015
Horlufemi:

Now imagine a full Apache helicopter. All its parts n screws all laid out. Then a strong wind comes and blows everything into place and forms an helicopter. Can you believe that? If you can't then you cannot even believe that life just happened by chance. Because the most simple life form is way mor complex than an helicopter.

My atheist friend science is just part of the picture. It is discovery of Gods work.

Have you ever asked yourself. That what's the point. Asked yourself why everything? Why are we here?

You see everything you see is made up of atoms. The universe and everything in it is made up of atoms. That is including u and I. Now u are entirely made up of atoms that means you are part of the universe. Technically u are the universe. You are a scientist right and You observe nature, right? And my Question. Can the universe observe itself? And to what purpose?

Maka why? Reason.

I'm not a religious person, religion can turn u to an idiot like terrorists etc.

Please try and know the real Christ not the Christ these pastors preach to chop the masses. The true saviour of mankind.

Peace

A little common sense and a lot Babble.

From Helicopter, to strong winds, then to Jesus.
Interesting relationships, wouldn't you say? undecided

Yes, everything in the universe is the universe, and that includes humans.
So, is God also made of atoms of the universe as well?
Because, if not, god is not part of the universe, and therefore does not exist in the universe.
Re: Time To Question God's Existence by CoolUsername: 10:23am On Nov 23, 2015
Horlufemi:

Maka why? Reason.

Peace
This omniscient 'intelligent designer' may not be as intelligent as you think.

First, the sun, our main source of energy is killing us by giving us cancer.

Second, our DNA coding sometimes has glaring errors that gives rise to deformed or slow children.

Third, we are subject to random natural disasters around the world.

Fourth, there is a sh!t-ton of evidence supporting evolution and natural selection.

Fifth, what happened to T-rex in all these religious books, because I think that someone would have noticed a 15 foot flesh-eating monster if the world is actually young.

The list goes on and on...

3 Likes

Re: Time To Question God's Existence by Horlufemi(m): 11:41am On Nov 23, 2015
CoolUsername:
Second, our DNA coding sometimes has glaring errors that gives rise to deformed or slow children.
Fourth, there is a sh!t-ton of evidence supporting evolution and natural selection.
Fifth, what happened to T-rex in all these religious books, because I think that someone would have noticed a 15 foot flesh-eating monster if the world is actually young.

Evolution is an anti-God religion

1. “Evolution is just a theory.”

2. “There are gaps in the fossil record”; “Why doesn’t the fossil record show a gradual change?” and “Why are there no transitional forms in the fossil record?” especially the Cambrian Explosion.

3. The Intelligent Design Argument (mistaking nature’s elegance for complex design).

4. Random chance (random genetic mutation) could never produce a complex human being. Mutations are not genetic improving rather it is a genetic info destroyer.

5. The Intermediate Forms Argument. The intermediate form of an evolutionary advantage confers no benefit so why would it ever have evolved: Half an eye is of no use.

6. “If humans came from apes, why aren’t apes evolving into humans?”

7. “You can’t see evolution.”

8. Darwins book should be variation of species. Not origin of species. No where in his book he talked about the beginning of species.

Look Darwin can make an ape out of you but not me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Time To Question God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:28pm On Nov 23, 2015
CoolUsername:

So dumb

1 Like

Re: Time To Question God's Existence by Gayjesus: 12:45pm On Nov 23, 2015
No one can prove god exists,instead they will give you their various versions of god.
Re: Time To Question God's Existence by CoolUsername: 1:37pm On Nov 23, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

So dumb
K

(1) (Reply)

Really 'sure' You Are Trusting Jesus To Save You? / Muslim Embraces Jesus Christ And Now Even Baptises New Christian Converts After / Islam: A Religion Of Peace??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.