Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

How 9 DSS Agents Were Killed. Meanwhile Families Still Being Lied To. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How 9 DSS Agents Were Killed. Meanwhile Families Still Being Lied To. (1105 Views)

How 9 Soldiers, 4 UNIMAID Staff, 14 Others Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush / Aye Dee: Nigerians Being Lied To, Buhari & Governors Didn't Meet At Abuja House / DSS Agents Stole Saraki's Money - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How 9 DSS Agents Were Killed. Meanwhile Families Still Being Lied To. by edoyad(m): 7:12am On Nov 23, 2015

You are here : Home » News »
How drunken gang member shot dead 9 DSS officials at Arepo —Agbara robbery kingpin
November 23, 2015 at 5:48 am in News FacebookTwitterSMSWhatsApp
By Ifeanyi Okolie
LAGOS—Leader of the dreaded gang of bank robbers which had been terrorising commercial banks in Lagos and Ogun states in military uniforms has disclosed that his gang never intended to kill nine officials of the Department of State Service, DSS, who went missing last September.
The suspect, identified as Kelly Fotor, an Ijaw native of Arugbo, Ondo State, was arrested last Saturday by operatives of the Inspector General of Police Special Intelligence Response Team, SIRT, at a wedding ceremony in Sapele, Delta State.
Gun battle with Police and arrest
Vanguard gathered that the suspect, who was at the ceremony with some armed men, had a gun duel with the operatives which led to the killing of one of the policemen, while Fotor and three of his colleagues, were arrested with bullet wounds.
It was gathered that the SIRT operatives, led by CSP, Abba Kyari, who had been on the trail of the gang, trailed Fotor to the wedding ceremony after their last operation at Agbara area of Ogun State where they robbed a bank and left three persons, including a pregnant woman, dead.agabara
Fotor, who sustained a bullet wound during the shootout, told Vanguard while he was being transported for treatment that he was the leader of the South South group of the gang.
He explained that the gang also had a Lagos leader who he identified as Ossy, adding that his gang was made up of 12 men, including himself, with bases in Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa and Ondo states.
Fotor also said his gang normally teamed up with their Lagos group for operations, disclosing to Vanguard that he and his gang were formerly into sea piracy before teaming up with Ossy.
According to him, Ossy is the leader of the pipeline vandals at Arepo and Ikorodu areas.
Lekki, Ikorodu, Festac and Agbara robbery operations
Fotor also said he and his men took part in the Lekki, Ikorodu, Festac and Agbra bank robberies, adding that they made N28 million from Agbara bank robbery.
“I and my group got N14 million share from the Agbara operation, while, Ossy and his group got N14 million. I left Lagos by waters that day after that operation with my men back to Igbokoda, Ondo State, where we shared the money and everyone got his share of the loot.
‘’It was Ossy’s men who usually pick out our targets. They were the ones who picked out all the targets, my job was to give support and my boat is very big and my boat boy is a professional and knows his way around the water very well,” he stated
When Vanguard inquired who was the woman in the group, he explained that there was no woman in the gang.
He, however, said it was one of Ossy’s boys who normally dressed like a woman during operations.
How the DSS operatives were killed
On how they killed the nine DSS officials, Fotor told Vanguard that as commanders of the groups, he and Ossy never intended to kill the operatives when they were captured.
He explained that the operatives stormed their hideout wanting to rescue a woman who they abducted from Festac.
He explained further: “ One of our boys who was heavily drunk met us while we were interrogating the suspects after we captured them and he opened fire on them.
‘’I was at their camp at Ikorodu when the DSS operatives were captured and they brought them before me and Ossy and they knelt down and we interrogated them, but that guy, he was Ossy’s man. He was very drunk, walked in and without asking questions opened fire on all of them and killed them. Neither myself nor Ossy ordered their killing, we never wanted to kill them,” he explained.
Meanwhile, Vanguard gathered that Fotor and three other suspects arrested along with him have been transferred to.....

A friend of mine whose wife is related to one of the agents said the DSS office is still lying to them that they were abducted and are still alive. Why are these people evil so?
Re: How 9 DSS Agents Were Killed. Meanwhile Families Still Being Lied To. by wachakuta(m): 7:21am On Nov 23, 2015
Chai

End time
Re: How 9 DSS Agents Were Killed. Meanwhile Families Still Being Lied To. by charcoal(m): 7:24am On Nov 23, 2015
story that touches
Re: How 9 DSS Agents Were Killed. Meanwhile Families Still Being Lied To. by austinsmat(m): 7:27am On Nov 23, 2015
since DSS is still holding Nnamdi KANU and failing court order a don't give a Bleep about they death
Re: How 9 DSS Agents Were Killed. Meanwhile Families Still Being Lied To. by Eketem: 7:29am On Nov 23, 2015
Wow, please this needs to be on the front page, this administration is wicked oh. Haba, when DSS agents were killed in Nassarawa during Jonathans regime the administration was very open and honest and gave the family closure. How can you hide the death of your staff then go on business as usual travelling everywhere and lying to the families just because of politics.

This is so sad wowwwwwwwwww , very very low. You take a crude retired old man to head a forward moving institution this is what you get. What a shame
Re: How 9 DSS Agents Were Killed. Meanwhile Families Still Being Lied To. by aperture11: 7:30am On Nov 23, 2015
So sad. Able bodied men resigned to a life of banditry all just to measure up to a society the worships money. RIP to our fallen compatriots who died trying to rescue another.
Re: How 9 DSS Agents Were Killed. Meanwhile Families Still Being Lied To. by IAMTHEHERO: 7:45am On Nov 23, 2015
I thought some people said that he is from Delta State.
They should cover their face in shame now he is from Ondo.He went to Delta state for a wedding carrying gun with him.

Southwest oooo sorry, south west.

1 Like

Re: How 9 DSS Agents Were Killed. Meanwhile Families Still Being Lied To. by gunuvi(m): 8:06am On Nov 23, 2015
Choi!!!! This is very sad and revealing o. The DSS needs to give is their own version fast fast. What a sad news on a Monday morning.
Re: How 9 DSS Agents Were Killed. Meanwhile Families Still Being Lied To. by LOC1(m): 8:15am On Nov 23, 2015
I doubt that a drunky killed all 9 members of the DSS...........These vandals are inhumane. They have killed many force men here in Ikorodu with their clear eyes.
Re: How 9 DSS Agents Were Killed. Meanwhile Families Still Being Lied To. by edoyad(m): 11:15am On Nov 23, 2015
aperture11:
So sad. Able bodied men resigned to a life of banditry all just to measure up to a society the worships money. RIP to our fallen compatriots who died trying to rescue another.

I'm just wondering how my friend's in laws are feeling cos this is SAD. No one has come out to acknowledge their deaths. When did things become so bad ?
Re: How 9 DSS Agents Were Killed. Meanwhile Families Still Being Lied To. by jamace(m): 8:46am On Dec 11, 2015
This is one of the reasons most people don't give their best to the service of the nation. You give your best and when causality occurs, you are abandoned by govt, even your family is abandoned. Too bad.
Re: How 9 DSS Agents Were Killed. Meanwhile Families Still Being Lied To. by OPCNAIRALAND: 9:41am On Dec 11, 2015
edoyad:

A friend of mine whose wife is related to one of the agents said the DSS office is still lying to them that they were abducted and are still alive. Why are these people evil so?

Fotor himself just confirmed they were seized. Where are their bodies?

In military operation of any kind soldiers and securiry agents are expected to use survival skills to remain alive. Therefore a security operative is never ruled dead without first recovering the bodies to prove it.

The missing link is the bodies. So DSS is not deceiving those families. I know is painful but this undertaking is part of the contract their bread winners signed for.

Insurance must be paid, benefits must be paid and without death certificate issued by coroner no compensation will be released to next of kin.

Sorry.
Re: How 9 DSS Agents Were Killed. Meanwhile Families Still Being Lied To. by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 11, 2015
edoyad:

Big lie nobody was drunk because he would have killed both ossy and other bandits .

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Has Betrayed Nigerian Youths, APC National Youth Leader Wails Out / Over N5million accrued to some of Buhari’s Ministers as Estacode Under a month / My Silence Should Not Be Mistaken For Weakness- Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.