Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,534 members, 7,808,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? (15068 Views)

12 Tricks To Flatten Your Stomach For Good. / 15 Notoriously Disgusting Foods In The Planet That Will Make Your Stomach Turn. / Drink Coconut Juice On An Empty Stomach, Early In The Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by Naijalife(f): 6:24pm On Nov 02, 2005
Is it really his stomach? Because I have known some chick to cook up a meal for some dude and yet all he says is "thank you".

What's up with this saying? Has it changed since our forefathers? Is the way to a man's heart through his stomach? Will correct tasty flavoured food capture his heart?

What of the guys that can cook now? What will a sistah have to do to win that type of a man?

Is the saying just that now, a lame saying?

yarns abeg
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by Scorpio(f): 6:25pm On Nov 02, 2005
Right now, i don't think that theory holds. a woman can be the best cook ever, but if the guy ain't interested, the food won't change it. he'll only be in for the food, nothing else.

1 Like

Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by Naijalife(f): 6:27pm On Nov 02, 2005
Scorpio:

Right now, i don't think that theory holds. a woman can be the best cook ever, but if the guy ain't interested, the food won't change it. he'll only be in for the food, nothing else.

so what theory holds now
is the saying a lame saying now?
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by Scorpio(f): 6:32pm On Nov 02, 2005
Personally, no theory works. the guy has to luv you for you, not whether you can cook or satisfy him sexually, cos this things can be taught. if he dosen't like your personality then there's a problem cos iono how many men would actually teach a girl how to improve on her personality; and iono how many men would marry a girl with bad xters.
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by ologbodudu(m): 6:37pm On Nov 02, 2005
Dead right! But the guy's gotta love the girl to start with. I'll say the way to stay in a man's heart is through his stomach, then [sexually].
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by owo(m): 6:46pm On Nov 02, 2005
Is there really a better conversation enabler...?
A good meal served in a 'wonderful' atmosphere has its own magic.
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by Naijalife(f): 6:49pm On Nov 02, 2005
ologbodudu:

dead right! but the guy's gotta love the girl to start with
i'll say the way to stay in a man's heart is through his stomach, then [sexually]

Why [sexually]?
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by Scorpio(f): 6:51pm On Nov 02, 2005
cheesy grin
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by Oracle(m): 2:31am On Nov 03, 2005
well a man's heart is unpredictable
at a time food might be his priority
while at other times he may be serious
so u just cant tell.
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by jenny247(f): 10:11am On Nov 03, 2005
i think the theory still works but with a man who loves you.
you know, when you give him the right food at the right time.... wink
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by IAH(f): 11:44am On Nov 03, 2005
There are many ways to a man's heart and one of them is the Stomach. 99% of men love and don't play with food. So if you know how to satisfy a man [b]food[/b]iciously smiley, you have scored a major goal.
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by kelvin(m): 5:52pm On Nov 03, 2005
There are many ways to a man's heart and one of them is the Stomach
U're damn right there, but its not adviceable to get to a man's heart through his stomach, 'cos then the love lasts only when the stomach is filled undecided
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by mamba(m): 1:36pm On Nov 04, 2005
food does matter and is a sure way to a man's heart cos I've lived with girls that don't know how to cook, it's really irritating when you're served a meal that can make you
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by IB7(f): 4:20am On Nov 09, 2005
I believe there are different ways to a guys' heart. Thru food, great attitude, emotional support, etc. the list goes on. But the question at hand is if the old saying still hold. I don't think it still holds like it used to during our forefathers time. Bcuz for one, a guy can't appreciate a good woman when he sees one. The world is changing and the guys are terribly changing along with it.
I feel we need to be specific about what kind of guys' we talking about nigerian guys or guys in general? If it's nigerian guys in america then just forget about it. If it's nigerian guys in nigerian, gezz maybe I don't know since I haven't been home since I was 12. Now if it's guys in general, then you just don't know. I believe it begins with love and of course one loves because of the good he sees.
Best regards.
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by loveth(f): 1:07pm On Nov 10, 2005
There are many ways to a man's heart.
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by playboy(m): 8:00am On Nov 14, 2005
The only way I know to a man's heart is good sex!!!
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by pie1ect(m): 10:31pm On Nov 15, 2005
Food does not even play any part as far as my heart is concerned. Don't know about other guys, but I cook very well for a man anyways, so she'll have to find something other than food if she's interested.
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by Scorpio(f): 3:09am On Nov 16, 2005
dat's word
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by rihanna(f): 6:49pm On Nov 16, 2005
well i can't cook so if this is the quickest way to my man's heart i dun know i'll do in future.
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by Scorpio(f): 9:18pm On Nov 16, 2005
don't worry girl, u'll be aiight.
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by loveth(f): 2:00pm On Dec 01, 2005
hmmmmmmmm
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by prettyH(f): 2:15pm On Dec 01, 2005
I really do not think it always is. But i think it depends on the individual involved and what he likes.

pie1ect:

Food does not even play any part as far as my own heart is concerned. Don't know about other guys, but I cook very well for a man anyways, so she'll have to find something other than food if she's interested.
@pie1ect

Good for u bro

playboy:

The only way I know to a man's heart is good sex!!!

Spoken like a typical male .
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by loveth(f): 3:55pm On Dec 01, 2005
hi pretty H
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by prettyH(f): 4:53pm On Dec 01, 2005
Whats up lovvy? grin
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by loveth(f): 7:20pm On Dec 01, 2005
whatz up pretty H.
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by mamba(m): 7:46pm On Dec 01, 2005
as for me, if a girl doesn't cook good, i'm sure the relationship wont last.. i love me a girl that's creative in the kitchen & dining room. a kitchen is present in every home, just like the bedroom & both belong to the woman, she just has to be capable of managing these 2 rooms very well before i can consider her worthy of occupying them. the kitchen is a strong room that shouldn't be ignored.
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by prettyH(f): 9:34pm On Dec 01, 2005
mamber if u love a girl and she can't cook, will ur relationship then end?
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by mamba(m): 10:16pm On Dec 01, 2005
if i love her so much, i'll give her time to learn how to cook. if she cant learn it then goodbye to her. i have no business marrying a woman that cant cook.
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by Scorpio(f): 10:29pm On Dec 01, 2005
hmmmm!
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by prettyH(f): 10:35pm On Dec 01, 2005
mamba, pray u no meet woman wen infact the love ehn, na God u go dey beg and she no go sabi cook

@
Scorpio:

hmmmm!

i say hmmmmmmmmmmmmm wiv u smiley
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by Scorpio(f): 10:36pm On Dec 01, 2005
Thank God say u feel me o, na this kain thing my ppl dey talk say you no know tomorrow. oh well, make i close my trap. grin
Re: Is the Way to a Man's Heart His Stomach? by snazzydawn(f): 11:09pm On Dec 01, 2005
sicky sicky scorpio,can u cook sef? rolleyes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ewa Agoyin Lovers (how To prepare It) / Preparing Nkwobi / Local Oven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.