Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,738 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? (5208 Views)

Poll: Who is the thief?

Atiku: 17% (22 votes)
Obasanjo: 15% (20 votes)
Both of them: 66% (86 votes)
Neither of them: 0% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory / Buhari And Atiku Pictured Together Amidst Rumour Of Jonathan’s Visit To Atiku / What Is Going On In This Pic B/w OBJ And Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by obaf(m): 4:50pm On Oct 17, 2006
From the looks of things in this country of ours, Obasanjo is trying to show everybody that is clean but there are so many things pointing to it that he's a corrupt leader, is it his library-7billioon? Or the way he is removing any governor that is not in his good book, using EFCC to threaten the house of assembly to compel them to impeach their governor? Or the 3rd term saga-50m each for national assemble members?

Although Atiku is now being prosecuted for some offences in petroleum fund that was lodged in to private bank so that his associate can access the fund, I think that what they call his crime, and he's been shouting all these days that if they have anything against him they should come out, now Obasanjo is trying to withdraw the prosecution because there are some papers and checks implicating Obasanjo with Atiku that he wants to present at the senate seating but he (Obasanjo)is now negotiating peace meeting!!!

From looks of things, who is now corrupt? Obasanjo can't stand opposition, which is very bad, this is democracy. Although I don't believe Atiku will be the next president but he should be allowed to contest, and not forced out. Why is it that Obasanjo is just pronouncing all the governors and any body interested in presidency corrupt now? I hope this country will stand the test of time, because this is just the beginning. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by BernieBoy(m): 5:34pm On Oct 17, 2006
@ obaf
nice one. Let me compose myself. You'll get my reply soon.
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by Roscodaddy(m): 5:36pm On Oct 17, 2006
Obj is the bigger thief,infact the biggest thief,why is now slowing down with the Atiku's issue,he knows that a lot will be said and revealed about him,what was his farming producing before 1998 but go now and check what he has.Bloody rogue.
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by Akolawole(m): 5:47pm On Oct 17, 2006
obaf:

1) Obasanjo is trying to show everybody that is clean but there are so many things pointing to it that he's a corrupt leader, is it his library-7billioon?

2) the way he is removing any governor that is not in his good book, using EFCC to threaten the house of assembly to compel them to impeach their governor?

3) Or the 3rd term saga-50m each for national assemble members?

4) Obasanjo is trying to withdraw the prosecution because there are some papers and checks implicating Obasanjo with Atiku that he wants to present at the senate seating but he (Obasanjo)is now negotiating peace meeting!!!

You will hardly see a politician made-in-heaven in Nigeria.

1) If he steals, Can he run away from God in 7 months time? No

Is 7 billion library money comes from National purse?

2) Is Ayo Fayose not in his good book? Please dont tell me what i know.

3) The 50m is a bull shit. Did they collect the money eventually? Did you know that most assembly members are never Pro-OBJ?

WHY ON EARTH DID THEY COMMIT EFCC sought offences?

4) If he is a thief, i am telling you, he is a clever thief, so God is using a minor thief to catch the bigger one. grin
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by ishmael(m): 5:54pm On Oct 17, 2006
A thief is a thief whether big or small, and BABA happens to be one. And God is not in anyway using him as someone was trying to say; it is the devil that is using him.
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by jaso1(m): 5:58pm On Oct 17, 2006
this case has gone beyond obj and his crook contapart control, both of them are in soap. but if this case latter burried without drastic measure my brother this country is in the hands of devil and i won't be supprised if obj later succeed hiss continuation in office beyond 007.
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by Odeku(m): 6:01pm On Oct 17, 2006
This must be a post by one of IBB boys, they fail to realize OBJ is done he can and will never rule Nigeria again, do you think a man at his age will want to spend the later years of his life in jail by stealing?  no one is clean like my friend state, but at 70 how much could he possibly want to steal?  people think before you post stupid comment. the greatest thief in Nigeria are still walking around like that are untouchable, EFCC is doing a good job and all Nigerians will be happy when they bring IBB to justice for all his corruption and atrocities.
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by Odeku(m): 6:03pm On Oct 17, 2006
OBJ is out in 07 not even IBB can bring him back, the man is old tired and need to go to OTTA and enjoy the fruits of his labor
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by Kingjames(m): 6:15pm On Oct 17, 2006
[/color]wole am suprised u r trying to defend baba,If he is a "clever thief", he has no moral justification, to intimidate others [color=#000099]
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by Roscodaddy(m): 6:30pm On Oct 17, 2006
Even the queen's mother at her old age was a kleptomaniac,how much more this  sticky finger of our so called president,Atiku has done nothing compared to what that fat cat has done,we keep saying he has done this and that,he has done nothing exceptional,nothing is new,let him provide the basic amenitites such as power,ask him,in 7 years where is the housing that he provided for the common man on the street,instead they are busy selling off 1004 and buying it the other way round,in 7 years we have nothing to show for democracy,please nobody should mention GSM,because this is not a dividend of democracy,for 7 years he has done nothing,where did obj get the money to host the stupid national confab,has anyone asked,what about his cronies,the likes of Annenih,please enough of OBJ tis and that.
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by orlando(m): 6:38pm On Oct 17, 2006
Atiku has emersed so much power when OBJ was busy touring the Globe. To the extent of knowing more than OBJ. If BABA should go on with the case, it will open the cankerworm box. I pray for substainance of Democracy and honest leadership in this country.
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by ono(m): 7:16pm On Oct 17, 2006
Christ!! I've been LMAO.
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by Orikinla(m): 7:36pm On Oct 17, 2006
OBJ and Atiku are partners in crime.
But OBJ is afraid of Atiku becoming too powerful for him and his cartel. So, he wants to frustrate him and spoil his chances of becoming the next President of Nigeria.
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by Memunah(f): 7:37pm On Oct 17, 2006
both of them are thieves!!!
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by cyprianjr(m): 7:46pm On Oct 17, 2006
I tell people around me this- what Nigeria really need is R-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N and untill we are ready to give our lives for a better tommorow-a better tommorow for our kids-a better tommorow for this nation-a better tommorow in the name of good ,  then alone will Democracy show its real face in this country.

I don't know about you but i know this as a fact - Nigeria is going to be good and good it will be.  Corruption has really eaten deep into the system, i don't f**king pity anyone of them===let them all f**king die and be left to rot outisde like dogs which they all are. Look at Gov. Goodluck Jonathan who just became Governor of Bayelsa state just some few months back, his wife was caught with that huge amount of money--- it makes you wonder if there's any good person out there who has the interest of Nigeria at heart really , huh? huh? did i hear you say Okotie? F**k him and F**k you,let him go sell his hummer and give the money to the poor, huh? huh? did i hear you say IBB? I think your father should have used a condom cause you are of no use to this nation, huh? huh? did i hear you say Buhari,Uzo Kalu and co?  you must be stupid to even think you'r a Nigerian cause you are too dumb to see that the same old blood are in the system.

Oh and probably you think E.F.C.C is working in the interest of Nigeria, then you know what ehn?, you are the most stupid ass,retard punk, piss of shit, mother fucker of all times and you should go have your brain examined,  point here is its our faults they are in there, whether you choose to accept that as a fact or not-its the truth and if you think you got something you can do about them being up there, then do something, YEAH DO SOMETHING NIGERIANS, i want to wake up and see good stuffs about Nigeria on t.v Good stuffs about our leadership and waking up to see that Governors are running around like they lost something !!!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by naija4life(f): 7:59pm On Oct 17, 2006
Na waoh Cyprianjr, your blood dey hot ooo, Anyways i can feel your pain broda, i can feel it.
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by BigB11(m): 8:23pm On Oct 17, 2006
Definitely both of them, but I still think that number one man is much bigger in terms of that department.
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by dennylove(m): 11:30pm On Oct 17, 2006
i has once posted this topic,LET THE FIGHT BETWEEN OBASANJO AND ATIKU CONTINUES,
so we can know THE HIDDEN AGENDA.how they embezzled the P.T F fund.are mine right?somebody help me.first, OBJ is a cameleon,a green snake under the green grass.he 's the REAL THIEF. grin shocked shocked grin
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by mazaje(m): 11:55pm On Oct 17, 2006
@Odeku
what do u mean by this post is from one of the IBB boys? is OBJ a better person than IBB? what has OBJ done to the average nigerian, list his accomplishments, as far as am concern OBJ is a bigger thief than atiku. Atiku even said it him self that OBJ has made more money than him in this administration, the whole idea about this Efcc is just a crap, why is the efcc not behind people like senator Ibrahim mantu, tony anehni, jerry gana and bode george that was indicted by the efcc it self, when the former minister of foreign affiars mrs okonjo iweala busted a fraud in the ministry of foreign affiars that implicated some of his close adies what did he say? didnt he come out and condem her? how can u say because he is old and close to his grave he can't steal. he is a terrible theif and still wants to keep stealing ,why else will he come  up with the 3rd term plan that failed?OBJ is not the man that nigerains need because if he was things would have been far better than they are now 7 years and still nothing has happened to the basic infasturucture which is the back bone of every developed economy, there is still no power, health services are worse as ever before, no acces to clean water, poverty is still on the rise, educational system hasnt changed a bit, nothing has worked in the past 7 years even  discipline has not be instilled in the people, and u stand there and say that this is from one of the IBB boys. is the stupid OBJ better than IBB? tell me what OBJ has done to the people that IBB hasnt done? or tell me how his policies has affected the people? rubbish
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by Odeku(m): 1:41am On Oct 18, 2006
mazaje No offense but were you born or an adult when IBB was in power? do you want me to write a book on IBB or Obj i don't know either men, and i can careless if they both end up in jail if the stole from Nigeria. you must be shallow minded to even open your mouth and say OBJ has not done anything for Nigeria. The list goes on and on, any person caught stealing will always find a way to implicate the accuser until we have the facts. when ALAM was caught in London, people said OBJ put the money in his house, when are you people gonna open your eyes and see the true color, even if I must agree with you OBJ hasn't done any thing for Nigeria but he has open the door to jail corrupt politicians or office holder. without EFCC Nigeria will be in shamble. so quit your bashing and give the man some credit for implementing EFCC. and in comparison with IBB, OBJ hasn't kill anyone compare to the endless lists of people killed under IBB.
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by lewa(m): 3:29am On Oct 18, 2006
OBJ is surely baba. grin grin.Atiku pales in comparison
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by mazaje(m): 1:21pm On Oct 18, 2006
@Odeku
I still insist that OBJ is not better than alams or all the ministers he sacked for corruption, why is the efcc not behind bode george that was indicted by the efcc it self, didnt the presidency tell the efcc to shut up and  said they found their investigation faulty? didnt the former speaker of the house of reprsentatives Ghali umar na'abba and some of his colleagues bring  millions of naira and showed it to the whole world that OBJ gave them to impeach him as the speaker then. what happended? didnt the story just die with out anybody doing anything about it? what about the 50million bribe that was given to the members of the national assembly to support his 3rd term aganda? why is the efcc not behind senetor nasiru mantu and jonathan zuwingina(OBJ's mouth peice in the senate)when  the FCT minister said they told him to bring 50million niara befor they will confirm him as a mimister? why the double standard?no wonder trasperancy international maintained that most of Nigeria's corruption takes place in the precidency. what have u got to say to that? i was still sensible when IBB was in power and i will tell u so many people didnt loose their lives due to supid crises that were caused by the prsidency, how many religious crisis did u hear about during the time of IBB am not behind IBB one bit he is a devil himslef but what am trying to point out here is that OBJ is not a better person than IBB .talking about killings,who killed harry marshal? who killed  the former senate president okadigboh? who killed the fomer minister of power and steel Bola Ige?see what happened in oyo state where a meat seller turned mafia and political God father is doing what he pleases. with the full support of OBJ why is the efcc not behind him? why is the efcc not behind thieves and criminals like Cris Uba? is he not a worse thief than alams? its all a stupid mix up and double standard i insist OBJ is not better tha IBB if u will really open your eyes and see the realities on ground u will agree with me
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by cassidy06(m): 2:41pm On Oct 18, 2006
The best way is for both of them to self-destruct themselves so that this crisis will consume both of them and probably land them in jails. that is all i wish them. See the attached file

Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by shinystar(m): 6:06pm On Oct 18, 2006
The question should be who is a bigger thief. Of course, that is Obasanjo. At least Atiku has the dignity of not telling us he is a thief. I am more at home with people who admit their wrongs than those who cover it up. Obasanjo has stolen more monies. The reason this is not obvious is because he is the incumbent. If he leaves, this nation will be shocked to know of an unprecedented looting, effectively coordinated by Obasanjo.
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by omofineboy(m): 6:12pm On Oct 18, 2006
@Odeku

I wonder what OBJ has given you to defend him so much anyway you should have your reasons.

OBJ is super corrupt, Atiku is very corrupt they should both go to jail.
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by popsonj(m): 7:43pm On Oct 18, 2006
Atiku is a big thief and surely Obj is definately a bigger thief! He only has an upper hand in this issue, just because of his office, if not, ,
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by jaybaby(f): 7:52pm On Oct 18, 2006
Omo F Boy Jail ke  'em go kom out d dat night
Both of 'em should be stone 2 death---what fits 'em is instant Judgment!   angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by donmayor(m): 8:09pm On Oct 18, 2006
We are all thieves in Nigeria. We have a mentality that hates accountability. Saying OBJ is a thief is an understatement. Apart from being a thief, he has raped Nigeria. 7 years in power has seen some magnificent turn around like the bank consolidation which was achieved by reducing the purchasing power of Nigerians in terms of the money paid for acquisition of shares. We have not started seeing the promised low interest rates. Oil prices has never been this high. Yet we pay so high for the oil we produce. What is he doing with the oil money? Stashing it in foreign accounts and telling us every month that our foreign reserves is rising while right here we are not seeing any fruits? If OBJ had only stolen and had used some of the money generated by high oil prices to cause infrastructural development, build major roads and highways rather than their renovations that don't last, I would have said he was ok. But he claims to fight corruption, steals money (the ongoing Atiku-OBJ war is a proof as the threats by Atiku to OBJ is already causing panic with claims Atiku is forging cheques) and carries out policies that are changing nothing Nigeria, then it's crazy. The telecommunication revolution we saw during his regime is not Nigeria's money that was used to achieve that. What are they using our money to do? How many refineries have been built? How many universities? He has no idea to transform Nigeria and I'm surprised that the educated individuals that surrounds him are not making impact. I'm tired of attacking OBJ and Atiku cos the difference that can only be made is if Nigerians change their mentality and I don't think we are ready to do that. Like cyprianjr said, a revolution. Thats what we need.
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by Roscodaddy(m): 9:25pm On Oct 18, 2006
Tell them ojare,that amala man is a barawo and banza.Now he is screaming that Atiku wants to forger checks that will be used against him,ole,look at his ugly face. grin grin
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by ahmedisah(m): 12:49pm On Oct 19, 2006
If I may say, OBJ and Atiku r both thieves. OBJ is not just a thief but he is an evil person who is out to destroy this country by all means. During his first regime as military president, he stole billions of pounds that ended up wit Idi Amin of Uganda while d rest goes to d world bank. That money was history 'because Nigeria could not make use of it.
OBJ came in 1999 n promised to create jobs n improve economy but what do we got instead, retrenchment n decaying economy. don't forget that during this OBJ regime, must budget were not implemented. All govt. enterprises r been sold, budget r announce yr by yr yet nothing to show for it. Rather he uses Nigeria money n connive wit other people to buy govt. enterprises n he claims dt to be privatization. OBJ has embarked on sacking people indiscriminately instead of creating jobs. OBJ in my own view wants to turn Nigeria to his kingdom just as what I learnt he did to d Yoruba's to acquire OTTA Farm. U would recall dt was achieve through Operation Feed d Nation, when he tell's Yoruba's during d late 70's to submit there land for farming only for him to chase them out eventually. That is no diff. from d so called privatization of today where OBJ d seller is also d buyer. EFCC is as good as nothing 'because is only meant for political opponent or perceived enemies. I believe thos who brought him to power may’ve some regrets either. I wish all those retired Generals could just die n leave this country alone.
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by bagoma(f): 2:37pm On Oct 19, 2006
they are both THIEVES!!
selling what belongs to nigeria to themselves all in the name of privatisation.
but as to who is the bigger thief? it beats me.
all i know and i know is that the 2 of them are BARAWOs. OLE, NDI-OSHI. angry angry angry sad
so let the exposure continue, if only anything can come out of it save our abuses on them in our homes, newspapers(though some have been bought over) and forums like this.
what a country! cry
Re: Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief? by ono(m): 3:18pm On Oct 19, 2006
donmayor:

We are all thieves in Nigeria. We have a mentality that hates accountability.

Han han!! You don go far o. Me I no be thief. That one, I can die for. All the bloody asses, god-forsaken lunatics, blood-thirsty demons, foul smelling idiots, shameless fools, looting gays residing in Abuja's Aso rocks are the goddam thieves!! All of em- put together, with KingKong at the helm of affairs!!! Call them thieves!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Son Lied On Blood Oath, Says Alausa’s Dad, Awujale Too Denies It / Jonathan Approves Further Foreign Treatment For Yar’adua / Did Kemi Adeosun Expose Buhari And APC On Channels.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.